= Steam Trading Cards Available
kiGzp.png
= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='spoderman']I asked Aldorlea about getting their game added to Desura (Millennium 2), and giving out Desura keys to BAB5 purchasers and got a quick response[/QUOTE]

Sounds a cop out

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']when only two games are for linux, it doesn't really lend itself to many choices:/[/QUOTE]

At least a few of these should work under wine - I just tried Storm in a Teacup and it seems to play fine.

Finished Storm in a Teacup and got all achievements within 5 hours. Somewhat short game, but it's addictive. I recommend getting it if you like platformers.. just remember to mute the music, there's only one track for the entire game so the music gets repetitive fast..

[quote name='spoderman']Finished Storm in a Teacup and got all achievements within 5 hours. Somewhat short game, but it's addictive. I recommend getting it if you like platformers.. just remember to mute the music, there's only one track for the entire game so the music gets repetitive fast..[/QUOTE]

What quality is the music? FLAC Lossless? If it's not then no go for me.

Lume and Storm in a Teacup for me. I wish more bundles allowed you to build your own. It bugs me to get keys for things I already have.

Wouldn't mind Millennium 2 since i have the first. Can't figure out 2 games to get to get it so I'll wait and see if they do the one promotion and get that Spell Force game. All the others don't look like anything I'd play but I might try Spell Force.

[quote name='ochentay4']Can anyone comment on Manhunter? The trailer seems to suck too![/QUOTE]

I'd like to hear opinions on this game, as well. I plan on picking up Spellforce, but I'm trying to decide on the second game between Manhunter (doesn't look great, but I'm a sucker for sniper action), Dawnstar (looks interesting, but I'm not sure how well it plays), and Nethergate: Resurrection (love the setting, don't know if I can deal with the graphics/playstyle).

[quote name='DaiMonPaul']I'd like to hear opinions on this game, as well. I plan on picking up Spellforce, but I'm trying to decide on the second game between Manhunter (doesn't look great, but I'm a sucker for sniper action), Dawnstar (looks interesting, but I'm not sure how well it plays), and Nethergate: Resurrection (love the setting, don't know if I can deal with the graphics/playstyle).[/QUOTE]

Can't help you with info on Manhunter, but if you want to know whether you'd enjoy Nethergate, the dev has a demo here.

[quote name='spoderman']New bonus goal is Tobe's Vertical Adventure + OST. It was in the Indie Royale Spring Bundle :cry:[/QUOTE]

Great... another IR that I may as well have skipped.

[quote name='warreni']Can't help you with info on Manhunter, but if you want to know whether you'd enjoy Nethergate, the dev has a demo here.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I didn't realize there was a demo. I'll try it out. Thanks!

I'm not really sure what to get. I have Oddworld combo and Spellforce....I want Millenium 2...got the other in a build a greenlight bundle, so probably Dawnstar and maybe martin's mittens. I have other games from the Nethergate developers but this one looks pretty ancient really and I'm very into old school games....Could be fun but eh no.

[quote name='nitrosmob']I'm not really sure what to get. I have Oddworld combo and Spellforce....I want Millenium 2...got the other in a build a greenlight bundle, so probably Dawnstar and maybe martin's mittens. I have other games from the Nethergate developers but this one looks pretty ancient really and I'm very into old school games....Could be fun but eh no.[/QUOTE]
i haven't played Nethergate, but all Spiderweb games look ancient. they're still good.

[quote name='Latex Robot']i haven't played Nethergate, but all Spiderweb games look ancient. they're still good.[/QUOTE]

I have the rest of their games (avernum and geneforge saga) so I got it hopefully I can play it with an open mind. I used to play old rogue like games and those things barely had graphics haha...hope I enjoy it!

[quote name='nitrosmob']I have the rest of their games (avernum and geneforge saga) so I got it hopefully I can play it with an open mind. I used to play old rogue like games and those things barely had graphics haha...hope I enjoy it![/QUOTE]
it seems kinda interesting with the choice between good and evil. you can be Romans or the other guys? wonder if there are two completely different stories.

and i got used to the graphics of the Avernum games really quickly. it's simple and old looking but it works.

[quote name='DonaldBlank']Dont know if it was posted, but there's a 1-game minimum right now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks got Spellforce.. All I really wanted was Millennium 2 and I had Oddworld.

[quote name='esq373']Geneforge Saga is the new bonus. 6,500 bundles sold to unlock.[/QUOTE]
Sweet! Another repeat from IR, which I skipped due to steep price.

[quote name='poxi']Sweet! Another repeat from IR, which I skipped due to steep price.[/QUOTE]

It was also featured on IGS.. most people that wanted it already probably have it by now. The IGS deal was the best one IMO, came with GOG and Steam keys.

[quote name='spoderman']It was also featured on IGS.. most people that wanted it already probably have it by now. The IGS deal was the best one IMO, came with GOG and Steam keys.[/QUOTE]

How much was it at the Gala store? This is good for me because I didn't start buying any indie bundles until January. I missed so much.

[quote name='esq373']How much was it at the Gala store? This is good for me because I didn't start buying any indie bundles until January. I missed so much.[/QUOTE]

IGS = Indie Game Stand. It was a dollar for Steam + GOG keys. I don't think it's been featured on the Gala Store (but could be wrong).

[quote name='spoderman']IGS = Indie Game Stand. It was a dollar for Steam + GOG keys. I don't think it's been featured on the Gala Store (but could be wrong).[/QUOTE]

Thanks, now there is another website I need to check for indie games.

[quote name='esq373']Thanks, now there is another website I need to check for indie games.[/QUOTE]

It's definitely worth checking out. They have some pretty good deals now and then.

[quote name='spoderman']Finished Storm in a Teacup and got all achievements within 5 hours. Somewhat short game, but it's addictive. I recommend getting it if you like platformers.. just remember to mute the music, there's only one track for the entire game so the music gets repetitive fast..[/QUOTE]

You weren't kidding about the music. It's a two and a half minute clip that gets looped endlessly. It's pleasant enough, but I wouldn't even want to hear my favorite song endlessly looped.

As for the game itself, I'm having a heck of a time with the controls. It's just too floaty for me. It's like playing a racing game where all the tracks are made out of ice. It's a real bitch to try to make stops or change your direction. I suppose that's how something floating off the ground would handle, but I could do with a little less realism in that respect.

I guess if I play it long enough, I'd get used to it. But after playing for about 20 minutes, it seems like almost all of the difficulty in the game comes from the way the character moves.

EDIT: Yeah, it did get a little bit easier to handle after playing a bit. I've got about an hour and a half of play at this point, and I'm about 40% through the challenges. The game would probably be too easy if it controlled like a normal platformer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Green Card200']Going to get Spellforce Platinum and not sure what my other game should be.[/QUOTE]

Well you only need to buy one game right now. So that should solve that problem for you.

[quote name='The End']Well you only need to buy one game right now. So that should solve that problem for you.[/QUOTE]

Did this happen today? I think I checked yesterday or the day before and you still needed two. Either way thanks I picked it up.

They periodically have special periods during the Build-A-Bundles where you only need to buy one game. Most times they do it for a day halfway though the bundle, then they usually also do this for the final 12-15 hours of a bundle. So in the future, if you're just interested in one game, wait for the one game minimum special.

[quote name='smurfinaus']Whens the next bundle likely to crop up?[/QUOTE]

They have a few bundles planned for next month, some of them will last 48 hours.

[quote name='spoderman']They have a few bundles planned for next month, some of them will last 48 hours.[/QUOTE]

Thats fine but i was wondering if the next one was next week? (i coulda heard wrong)

[quote name='smurfinaus']Thats fine but i was wondering if the next one was next week? (i coulda heard wrong)[/QUOTE]

I haven't been keeping up with the Groupees chat much, but that seems possible. I know they've got a "retro" themed bundle planned, along with another greenlight bundle.. I'm just not sure when exactly they'll launch.

[quote name='spoderman']I haven't been keeping up with the Groupees chat much, but that seems possible. I know they've got a "retro" themed bundle planned, along with another greenlight bundle.. I'm just not sure when exactly they'll launch.[/QUOTE]

Another Build a Greenlight bundle? Their first was amazing, one of the best bundles IMHO, all fresh games

[quote name='smurfinaus']So whens the next groupee bundle likely to be? guess Wed/thurs?.[/QUOTE]

They have a lot of bundles planned for this month so I think this Wednesday or Thursday is a good guess.

Next site for the bundle is up
It is a "retro" bundle.
These are the clues that Shifty has dropped in chat about the games:
+ All indie games in this one
+ Games included are made in a 8-bit style
+ Games included are Steam, Desura and DRM-Free and for Windows, Mac, Linux (not all are multiplatform though)
+ Some games are on Greenlight as well, which means free steam keys
+ Bundle will start within 24 hours
+ None of the games have been in our bundle before, and i believe only one has been in a bundle at all before

My guess for the previously bundled game is "LaserCat". It fits the cat hint from the Build a Bundle 5 page that was meant for the retro bundle.

[quote name='spoderman']My guess for the previously bundled game is "LaserCat". It fits the cat hint from the Build a Bundle 5 page that was meant for the retro bundle.[/QUOTE]

Great little platformer, loved it (though a bit short).

Video is up, games and price were announced. Maybe the cat hint wasn't for this bundle, or it wasn't a hint at all? lol

$3 for:

- Forceline
- Dead Pixels
- 8-Bit Commando
- Smooth Operators
- Bleed
- Anodyne

[quote name='spoderman']Video is up, games and price were announced. Maybe the cat hint wasn't for this bundle, or it wasn't a hint at all? lol

$3 for:

- Forceline
- Dead Pixels
- 8-Bit Commando
- Smooth Operators
- Bleed
- Anodyne[/QUOTE]

With links to their Desura pages, since I hadn't heard of some of these:

I'll probably get this to add to my indie backlog (and now regret buying Anodyne from the Humble store, even if it was for a buck...)

[quote name='seamoss']With links to their Desura pages, since I hadn't heard of some of these:

I'll probably get this to add to my indie backlog (and now regret buying Anodyne from the Humble store, even if it was for a buck...)[/QUOTE]

Yeah.. I don't get why the Anodyne dev decided to have it bundled so quickly. It just got added to Steam, and had a $1 promo right before then.

[quote name='seamoss']
I'll probably get this to add to my indie backlog (and now regret buying Anodyne from the Humble store, even if it was for a buck...)[/QUOTE]

I didn't get around to getting Anodyne during that promo, even though I meant to. Procrastination for the win!

Good looking bundle overall.

bread's done
Back