= Steam Trading Cards Available
kiGzp.png
= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='juanjava']Humble Bundle are still the kings (mainly because the sales quantity), but Groupees are very close.[/QUOTE]
Kings of repeats and overhyped indie swill, yes. ;)

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Everyone needs to buy the music bundles because, well, they aren't selling well.[/QUOTE]

99% of music past the 70's = dead to me.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Kings of repeats and overhyped indie swill, yes. ;)[/QUOTE]

That's what I said "mainly because the sales quantity" ;)

I liked most of the lineups, but I think Groupees is the one who bring us more variety. Build a Bundle, Greenlight (the first one was one of the best bundles), Retro (another great one), Bemine, publishers... event their music bundles are great

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Everyone needs to buy the music bundles because, well, they aren't selling well.[/QUOTE]

Do they advertise the music bundles in the same circles as the games? I only heard about the dubstep one because it was tagging along with the game soundtrack bundle. The two current hip hop ones I heard about here.

[quote name='pantsattack']Do they advertise the music bundles in the same circles as the games? I only heard about the dubstep one because it was tagging along with the game soundtrack bundle. The two current hip hop ones I heard about here.[/QUOTE]
If you're subscribed to their newsletter, you'll get announcements once in a while - usually a day or two after the bundles go up.

Edit: Er, wait a sec, did the Game Soundtrack Groupee just get a one week extension? I thought it was ending in two days - and now it says there's nine days left!

Apparently the Paranautical Activity devs aren't very nice. Saw this post over at SPUF.. they remind of Phil Fish.

[quote name='graspee']
Basically some guy said Paranautical Activity was too hard, and his main reason was because you start with a random weapon and some of the weapons are harder to use than others, so you can't control the difficulty. (There's no actual difficulty setting you can set manually). Also he said there was no invulnerability period when you got hit so you could lose all your hearts in a short time.

The two devs, Mike Maulbeck and Travis Pfenning then basically tell him things like:

1 I'll send you some tissues
2 Some people just suck at games
3 Making it random doesn't make it unfair - that's idiotic
4 You're too easily offended ma'am
5 I speak my mind, and when people talk ****, I tear em down
6 if you cant respect design, and leave your opinion in your pocket, you shouldn't be here either
7 He was being condescending as ****e, i dont like that.
8 The rooms are procedural, so are the guns. procedural games are
gonna vary in difficulty that's just how it works
9 ill get back to you when im done counting my stacks of money

Finally much later, after the guy claims he has blocked the devs, the devs admit that they are planning to change the game so that you will be able to select different characters who start with set weapons, not random, which was the major thing the guy was criticising (the difficulty of starting with a random weapon), and which they spent half an hour or so defending.[/quote]

Well, there's another indie dev that isn't making any friends. I don't know how well the game sells normally, but honestly indie devs need to freaking get some PR or learn how to talk politely to people. Unless you made the next minecraft, your game could end up in a lost corner of desura before you realize. Have fun counting the profits once that happens.

/rant over

The problem is that indie devs are just people. A lot of people are retarded asshats. Some of these people have enough knowhow to make a game, and this sort of thing ensues.

Then again, you have a massive company like EA who sticks their foot in their collective mouth all the time, so what's the difference.

EA is a one of the most profitable companies around, and these are two relatively unknown indie devs. That's the difference. EA might be digging themselves a grave with consumers, but until people stop buying their games/dlc/microtransactions etc, they can pretty much say whatever the flip they want.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']EA is a one of the most profitable companies around, and these are two relatively unknown indie devs. That's the difference. EA might be digging themselves a grave with consumers, but until people stop buying their games/dlc/microtransactions etc, they can pretty much say whatever the flip they want.[/QUOTE]
Actually they're not. They make tons of money, but they spend tons as well. I forget where they ranked, but their net profit isn't doing amazing.

But yeah, indie devs really need to watch their mouths. What's the point of making games for people when you're going to be an asshole to them when they say anything slightly critical about your work? Sure, brag about the money you're making, but if you act like that, that money isn't going to keep coming in so quickly.

[quote name='Mooby']99% of music past the 70's = dead to me.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you really are a grumpy old man. ^_~

[quote name='Idiotekque']But yeah, indie devs really need to watch their mouths. What's the point of making games for people when you're going to be an asshole to them when they say anything slightly critical about your work? Sure, brag about the money you're making, but if you act like that, that money isn't going to keep coming in so quickly.[/QUOTE]

"I did not pour my heart and soul (soul especially) into my art just for a sniveling, whinny, little gamer like you to touch. My game is ART and should be PRAISED not played."

[quote name='Idiotekque']Actually they're not. They make tons of money, but they spend tons as well. I forget where they ranked, but their net profit isn't doing amazing.
[/QUOTE]

Key notes:

• Trailing Twelve-Month Non-GAAP Digital Net Revenue Up 37% to $1.5 Billion
  • EA had six of the top twenty titles in Western World retail markets in 2012, compared to four in 2011, and was the #1 global publisher in the iOS game market for 2012.
  • Dead Space™ 3 pre-sells are outpacing Dead Space 2, and Crysis® 3 pre-orders are tracking 40% ahead of Crysis 2.
  • EA's games and services for mobile, including handhelds, have generated approximately $100 million* in the quarter, an 18%* year-over-year increase in digital net revenue.

http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=736891

Though I didn't read everything, and am by no means a financial genius, I think it's safe to say they are doing alright.

Not trying to defend EA, and am rather annoyed with them same as everyone else, but just stating some facts.

Really I just think indie devs need to be nicer, because people are going to be more likely to buy a game from someone they feel good supporting. The comments about Fish is evident that at least some people are actively choosing not to support him because he's been a jerk, so even if Fez is doing alright, it's almost entirely because of the hype surrounding it. I'd never heard of these guy's game, and I expect quite a few others are only just discovering it to, but had I been looking to buy it, and saw these comments, I would be very unlikely to.

Just my thoughts on the matter, maybe the fact they are changing the game is a sign they are moving in the right direction, but who knows. Some people are just jerks:cry

[quote name='stupidproz1']I have not willingly listened to music in over 7 years -_-[/QUOTE]

I dated a guy who had no taste in music... not bad taste, just no preferences whatsoever... it creeped me out. I listen to many genre's and in my current favorites I can show you cool stuff you'd have never run across. I use music to build bridges of friendship, it was was uncomfortably weird... I have some friends who have incredibly narrow taste in music and that doesn't bother me nearly as much as not having any music move you.

[quote name='asheskitty']I dated a guy who had no taste in music... not bad taste, just no preferences whatsoever... it creeped me out. I listen to many genre's and in my current favorites I can show you cool stuff you'd have never run across. I use music to build bridges of friendship, it was was uncomfortably weird... I have some friends who have incredibly narrow taste in music and that doesn't bother me nearly as much as not having any music move you.[/QUOTE]
maybe he was deaf? ;)

[quote name='sunasun']maybe he was deaf? ;)[/QUOTE]

Or possibly incapable of emotion. Perhaps a serial killer?

Also, this bundle is well on it's way to hit the 5,000 mark in under 12 hours.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Key notes:

• Trailing Twelve-Month Non-GAAP Digital Net Revenue Up 37% to $1.5 Billion
  • EA had six of the top twenty titles in Western World retail markets in 2012, compared to four in 2011, and was the #1 global publisher in the iOS game market for 2012.
  • Dead Space™ 3 pre-sells are outpacing Dead Space 2, and Crysis® 3 pre-orders are tracking 40% ahead of Crysis 2.
  • EA's games and services for mobile, including handhelds, have generated approximately $100 million* in the quarter, an 18%* year-over-year increase in digital net revenue.

http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=736891

Though I didn't read everything, and am by no means a financial genius, I think it's safe to say they are doing alright.

Not trying to defend EA, and am rather annoyed with them same as everyone else, but just stating some facts.

[/QUOTE]

Unless I am reading the quarterly report wrong it looks like EA is losing money.

[quote name='seamoss']8000 bundles? That's a bit of a stretch, and it's only bonus 4 out of 7...[/QUOTE]

Well, it still has about 2 weeks left and the bundle has started off with a lot of steam. Hopefully it doesn't drop off significantly if they're planning to have big stretch goals.

Also the fact that one of the top donators is "Upvote Guncraft! exatogames.com/Greenlight" leads me to believe you are correct. And I wouldn't complain if we got Game Dev Tycoon either.

Radical Roach, however, looks not so radical. It looks like something I could make in Game Maker. :|

[quote name='seamoss']8000 bundles? That's a bit of a stretch, and it's only bonus 4 out of 7...[/QUOTE]

They did 5000 in under 12 hours.

Also, on the topic of Paranautical Activity, the devs are still dominating the chat room because I guess they don't have anything better to do, and said that they should be on Steam by the end of the summer, as they've been picked up by Adult Swim to be published, and are therefore jumping past the greenlight process.

[quote name='Eldredpe']They did 5000 in under 12 hours.

Also, on the topic of Paranautical Activity, the devs are still dominating the chat room because I guess they don't have anything better to do, and said that they should be on Steam by the end of the summer, as they've been picked up by Adult Swim to be published, and are therefore jumping past the greenlight process.[/QUOTE]

Which is making me want to ignore the chat.. I can't stand these guys. If I had the option to donate all to charity, I would've lol.

I lol'd when they said this in the chat:

"Im super nice. I just dont take ****"

"if you ask any of our fans, they'll say im one of the nicest devs they know."

[quote name='spoderman']Which is making me want to ignore the chat.. I can't stand these guys. If I had the option to donate all to charity, I would've lol.

I lol'd when they said this in the chat:

"Im super nice. I just dont take ****"

"if you ask any of our fans, they'll say im one of the nicest devs they know."[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I actually find Phil Fish's brand of anti-fan-trolling entertaining and sort of charming. These guys are just jackasses that feel empowered now that they're in a popular bundle.

I've still got Ether Vapor backlogged but I did really enjoy Fairy Bloom Freesia.

Will never play Blood Bowl due to Securom.

I've heard good things about Slam Bolt Scrappers.

[quote name='RollingSkull']

Will never play Blood Bowl due to Securom.

I've heard good things about Slam Bolt Scrappers.[/QUOTE]

Blood Bowl ditched securerom and Slam Bolt is local only multiplayer. =/

[quote name='Eldredpe']Blood Bowl ditched securerom and Slam Bolt is local only multiplayer. =/[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Once I saw that it was local multiplayer only.. I knew why it got bundled so quickly. Same goes for Party of Sin. Who really wants to play those types of games without online MP?

Did anyone noticed that they are planning on a Be Mine 8 Blood Bowl tournament? Has groupies done anything like this before?

[quote name='spoderman']So I just noticed Game Dev Tycoon was very recently added to the Groupees Greenlight Collection page. Seems likely that'll be added as a bonus..[/QUOTE]
:whistle2:s

:whistle2:o

:)

:D

:whee:

(Now I'm set up to be disappointed.)

[quote name='Auburn']Or possibly incapable of emotion. Perhaps a serial killer?

Also, this bundle is well on it's way to hit the 5,000 mark in under 12 hours.[/QUOTE]

Do you have any idea what the chances of a serial killer dating another serial killer are? Besides, serial killers don't kill their boyfriends. (+20 CAG points if you get this reference without googling.)

[quote name='sunasun']maybe he was deaf? ;)[/QUOTE]

Not possible. I've been accused of waking the dead. (Little did they realize it's was part of my unorthodox approach to necromancy.)

[quote name='asheskitty']Not possible. I've been accused of waking the dead. (Little did they realize it's was part of my unorthodox approach to necromancy.)[/QUOTE]

Given the context--your love life--I did not need to know this. At all. Burn the yiffy from my retinas (no puns, please).

Also, looks like someone hasn't seen So I Married An Axe Murderer...

I can't wait to see them reach bonus five:

[quote name='spoderman']So I just noticed Game Dev Tycoon was very recently added to the Groupees Greenlight Collection page. Seems likely that'll be added as a bonus.. and not only that.. Guncraft is on there too, which would match the stickfigure gun duel video hint for one of the mystery games.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=101693295[/QUOTE]

I really want to play Game Dev Tycoon, so that would be an awesome bonus for me! Guncraft, eh, I could live without, but at least it would explain the otherwise completely spam worthy leaderboard.

[quote name='asheskitty']Do you have any idea what the chances of a serial killer dating another serial killer are? Besides, serial killers don't kill their boyfriends. (+20 CAG points if you get this reference without googling.)[/QUOTE]

anything related to serial killers just makes me think of Dexter, though I don't recall him ever saying something like this (missed the past two/three seasons so who knows).

I forget, does Groupees let you up your payment later? I'd certainly be in for a dollar now, but since I dunno what the mystery games are I'd like to be sure I could bump it up if it's something I want.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']I forget, does Groupees let you up your payment later? I'd certainly be in for a dollar now, but since I dunno what the mystery games are I'd like to be sure I could bump it up if it's something I want.[/QUOTE]
Yes.

bread's done
Back