Groupon: Purchase a $15 eBay Gift Certificate for $7

[quote name='AZR43L']Okay...I find this weird. I just ordered from Groupon for the first time. I gave them my credit card number, email and created a password but I still haven't received any sort of account confirmation. I tried signing into the website with the email and password but no luck. Does anyone know how long it would take for 1st time Groupon buyers to receive some kind of account confirmation?[/QUOTE]

Earlier today, it took somewhere between 2-3 hours until I received my "click here to activate your account" e-mail. I then logged in without any problems. An hour later, I got my "thanks for activating your account" e-mail.

It's been five hours since I placed my order and have yet to receive an e-mail about that, but I'm not worried - it'll come.

I still notice my B&N codes when I log back into my Groupon account? Anybody else seeing the same? I'm assuming these used codes aren't valid anymore? Weird because when I click "used" the page doesn't filter out the B&N code.

[quote name='Donut2922']I still notice my B&N codes when I log back into my Groupon account? Anybody else seeing the same? I'm assuming these used codes aren't valid anymore? Weird because when I click "used" the page doesn't filter out the B&N code.[/QUOTE]

You have to manually mark them as used yourself, so as long as you already used them then they are no longer any good.

This may have already been answered (sorry if it has), but can you stack multiple codes on one ebay purchase? I'm planning to buy a Sega Saturn this week (since I just got stiffed with my last purchase...), and if you can stack more than one code on a purchase, that would be amazing (and a huge help considering I lost my wallet with $100 in it the other day). Thanks guys!

[quote name='Nesmaster75']This may have already been answered (sorry if it has), but can you stack multiple codes on one ebay purchase? I'm planning to buy a Sega Saturn this week (since I just got stiffed with my last purchase...), and if you can stack more than one code on a purchase, that would be amazing (and a huge help considering I lost my wallet with $100 in it the other day). Thanks guys![/QUOTE]

Yes, they do stack, up to $500 I believe.

[quote name='KoRuPT']Yes, they do stack, up to $500 I believe.[/QUOTE]
Now, I am not sure, but from what I think I have read, it depends on if your Paypal account is verified or not. I read on SD I think that unverified Paypal accounts can only stack $500 worth of gift certificates/promo codes, while verified accounts can do $2000. But I may be remembering something wrong and be confusing it with something else I read.

Hi Everyone,
I'm actually the OP and I wanted to say "you're welcome" to all the people that thanked me for posting.
This is actually the first time that one of my posts was able to really help out the larger CAG community and it feels absolutely great to give back to you guys! I hope everyone enjoys their new eBay gift certificates!

[quote name='catabarez']How did you guys get more than a couple? I have an idea, but I want to make sure I'm gonna do it right.[/QUOTE]

Multiple accounts multiple credit cards. You can't use the same CC number more than once.

Some banks offer "virtual credit cards" where the website will spawn a temp CC # for you infinitely for a one-time use, to keep your real one secure. If you have this you can abuse it.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']You have to manually mark them as used yourself, so as long as you already used them then they are no longer any good.[/QUOTE]

Ah, makes sense. I was hoping for more free money ;)

[quote name='fujimitsu']Multiple accounts multiple credit cards. You can't use the same CC number more than once.

Some banks offer "virtual credit cards" where the website will spawn a temp CC # for you infinitely for a one-time use, to keep your real one secure. If you have this you can abuse it.[/QUOTE]
Anyone know how to do this with wellsfargo?

[quote name='AZR43L']Okay...I find this weird. I just ordered from Groupon for the first time. I gave them my credit card number, email and created a password but I still haven't received any sort of account confirmation. I tried signing into the website with the email and password but no luck. Does anyone know how long it would take for 1st time Groupon buyers to receive some kind of account confirmation?[/QUOTE]
Same thing for me, bought the deal without making an account by putting in my e-mail/CC info and submitting. I was thinking that would automatically create my account, but it didn't. I then went and manually created an account with the same e-mail and activated it, but nothing shows up in my account's purchases/deals etc.

Ugh I wish I copied down my order confirmation number

lol. Someone on SD who scammed for 50 of them had their merchant account with 1700+ positives banned and ebay may bring fraud charges on them. The moral? Don't be greedy kids

[quote name='excellen']Same thing for me, bought the deal without making an account by putting in my e-mail/CC info and submitting. I was thinking that would automatically create my account, but it didn't. I then went and manually created an account with the same e-mail and activated it, but nothing shows up in my account's purchases/deals etc.

Ugh I wish I copied down my order confirmation number[/QUOTE]

Email them. Happened to me too. Turns out i missed a letter on my email since there is no confirm by typing it again

[quote name='dmdragon']lol. Someone on SD who scammed for 50 of them had their merchant account with 1700+ positives banned and ebay may bring fraud charges on them. The moral? Don't be greedy kids[/QUOTE]

that is so awesome. link to the discussion?

So to confirm, you don't have to use it all at once, right? That's what it looks like based on what it says on the printable (though why you would actually print it, I don't know) thing, but if someone can confirm that they've used it on multiple smaller purchases, I'd appreciate it.

In typical SD fashion, other members are making fun of her for NOT being shady enough. (Gotta have non traceable accounts!!!)

God that place is a cesspool.

ok. so if you didnt make an account you will not get the gift card. I placed 2 orders and didnt make any account. still have not received them. been only like 10 hours so should I wait longer? or will I get them anyways

I got my code yesterday, now looking for something to buy off of eBay. I was hoping to find a used copy of Mario Sports Mix for a reasonable price but no luck. I'll figure something lol :D

[quote name='VaultDweller']any good deals on video games at ebay? dont know what to spend my $15 in to[/QUOTE]

Most of them sold out but you can get gift cards for like 10% more than their value. Still a good deal if you flip the credit to amazon or something.

Otherwise I bought starcraft 2 for $45.

Well I tried self referring a new account and purchasing one, but didn't get the $10 groupon bucks in the referring account. O well still a good deal even without being totally free. I'm willing to bet at least half of all purchases came from some of the people at SD buying more than 50 each.

everyone just buying gc's with these? i'm trying to find a good ps3 game under $20 to use this on. any ideas?

[quote name='hle078']everyone just buying gc's with these? i'm trying to find a good ps3 game under $20 to use this on. any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Infamous, Bioshock. All older but good and can be had for cheap if you haven't played them yet.

I'm not going to use it on GCs yet. Give it a week or two and gift card prices will come back to normal, although if someone really wanted to this would be a great time to sell Amazon or Best Buy gift cards since they are all going for more than face value.

what gift cards is everyone talking about?? Ebay always have overpriced GC. Like a 10 Amazon gift card sells for like 15 bucks. you idiots. just buy one on amazon for $10.

[quote name='lakers2008']what gift cards is everyone talking about?? Ebay always have overpriced GC. Like a 10 Amazon gift card sells for like 15 bucks. you idiots. just buy one on amazon for $10.[/QUOTE]

I was telling my g/f the exact same thing last night after I was considering buying the Ebay GC to buy an Amazon GC only to see idiots pay $5 than what the giftcard is actually worth.

Well, if they pay $7 for $15 ebay coupons, its not really a loss to them. Plus, some of those people at SD are nervous since they buy so many, so they want to use it as fast as possible, before Groupon acts on it (if the website plan to).

[quote name='Ekcipher']spent 0$ since i used a $10 off first groupon purchase.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? I thought these type of deals excluded using credit.

Somebody please confirm.

bread's done
Back