GS.com Codes & Promos | DD: 15% Off 2 Game Purchase | $30 Code w/ Wii Bundle

Cheapskate

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Do you have trouble keeping track of what coupon codes are all available for Gamestop.com? I know I do...so I thought maybe starting a thread compiling them all might be useful to more people than just myself. Though I'd need your help, in letting me know if a code appears to have stopped working, or if you know of a working one that's not here. I'll do my best to try and keep this first post updated in a timely manner.

(For in-store promos and trade-in values, look here. For in-store coupons, look here.)

---------------------------------------
Daily Deal

2F40 (expires mid-day 06/01/10)
Purchase 2 games $39.99 or more - receive 15% off your order!

Coupon Codes
(Note: If description specifies "in-stock," code will not work on pre-orders.)

25DEAL
25% off any order of in-stock merchandise, $100 or more. Online only. Not valid on consoles, hard drives, bundles, gift cards and select titles. May not be combined with other offers.

2D15 (expires 5/31/2010)
15% off and free Ground Shipping all in-stock games $49.99 or more. May not be combined with other offers. Not valid on consoles or other hardware.

F2D (expires 5/31/2010)
Free 2-Day Shipping on all pre-order titles. May not be combined with other offers. Not valid on consoles.

• HB20 (can be added but doesn't apply discount)
20% off all strategy guides

• SAVE10 (can be added but doesn't apply discount)
$10 off your order. Total order value must be over $50. Not applicable on systems.

SAVER (stacks with most other codes, but order must be at least $25 total)
Free Value Shipping on your order.

Used Games Only:

• PPLAY15 (can be added by doesn't apply discount)
15% off your purchase of any in-stock used game or dvd

CAG16
16% off all in-stock used games & dvds

Game/System Specific:

25XBOX (Original Xbox games only)
Get 25% off all used Xbox Games. May not be combined with any other offers.

3DAYDSI
Free 3-Day shipping on the all Nintendo DSi handhelds and bundles.

EASPORTS
Free Overnight Shipping on select EA Sports titles! May not be combined with other offers. Only one discount per order. Continental United States only.

GS20 (expires 5/31/2010)
20% off all in-stock new Wii/DS titles $29.99 or more. Online only. May not be combined with other offers. Limit three titles.

Coupon Code Offers
(Note 1: As of this writing, pre-owned copies receive codes as well.)
(Note 2: Codes will not stack with each other, nor with most other codes.)

- $30 Coupon Code -

:wii: Wii Black Bundle New 5/28
:wii: Wii White Bundle New 5/28

- $20 Coupon Code -

:360: Halo Reach
:360: Halo Reach: Limited Edition
:360: Halo Reach: Legendary Edition
:wii: Super Mario Galaxy 2

- $10 Coupon Code -

:360: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (+$10 Off) New 05/24
:360: Assassin's Creed II (+$12 Off)
:360: Crackdown 2
:360: Dante's Inferno (+$5 Off)
:360: Green Day: Rock Band
:360: Green Day: Rock Band Plus
:360: Halo 3: ODST (+$10 Off) New 05/24
:360: Madden NFL 11
:360: Mafia II
:360: Mass Effect 2 (+$15 Off)
:360: Singularity
:360: Splinter Cell: Conviction (+$15 Off)
:360: Super Street Fighter IV (+$10 Off)
:360: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
:360: UFC Undisputed 2010

:ps3: 3D Dot Game Heroes (+$10 Off) New 05/24
:ps3: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (+$10 Off) New 05/24
:ps3: Assassin's Creed II (+$12 Off)
:ps3: Dante's Inferno: Divine Edition (+$5 Off)
:ps3: God Of War III (+$5 Off)
:ps3: Green Day: Rock Band
:ps3: Green Day: Rock Band Plus
:ps3: Madden NFL 11
:ps3: Mafia II
:ps3: MAG (+$10 Off)
:ps3: Singularity
:ps3: Super Street Fighter IV (+$10 Off)
:ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
:ps3: UFC Undisputed 2010
:ps3: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (+$15 Off)

:wii: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (+$10 Off) New 05/24
:wii: Cabela's Monster Buck Hunter (+$5 Off)
:wii: Green Day: Rock Band
:wii: Madden NFL 11
:wii: Mario Kart Wii (+$5 Off)
:wii: New Super Mario Bros. Wii (+$15 Off)
:wii: Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars (+$5 Off)
:wii: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
:wii: Wario Land: Shake It! (+$3 Off)

:pc: Mafia II
:pc: Singularity
:pc: Splinter Cell: Conviction (+$15 Off)
:pc: Supreme Commander 2 (+$5 Off)

:psp: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (+$10 Off) New 05/24
:psp: Dante's Inferno (+$5 Off)
:psp: Madden NFL 11

:ds: Glory of Heracles (+$2 Off)

:ps2: Madden NFL 11

Last edited by a moderator:
My SMG2 was backordered but has been shipped today. Received a tracking number as well.

So there are no codes that work on preorders besides the free 2 day shipping? Guess Ill hold off preordering Fallout NV and use one of these 10$ coupons I have later down the road. Really would like to find a code that stacks with it.

My preorder of SMG2 is still verifying... I preordered it in april... is this cause for alarm?
Also, I really wish the coupon codes would stack... or work on gift cards or something...

can anyone here let me know if gamestop actually allow trade in for a yellow light ps3 and is so how much would i get for it?

I wish my coupon codes would just WORK, period.

I got another two from a couple games I just bought and only one of them works, the other has the same description but doesn't take the -10 off for some reason. So far, only 1 out of 4 codes has actually worked.

Hmmm....hearing about some issues with promo codes makes me a little nervous, but several deals are in effect today (5/25) that I just took advantage of:

Wii Console Bundle (wii sports / wii sports resort / motion plus) $199 w/$30 promo code

Mario Kart Wii $39.99 w/15% off and $10 promo code

New Super Mario Bros Wii $34.99 w/15% off and $10 promo code

Super Mario Galaxy 2 $49.99 w/15% off and $20 promo code

So, altogether I spent $324 after taxes (and free shipping) and will be receiving $70 in promo codes - not too shabby for a new Wii and 5 games, 3 of which are among the highest rated on the system!

[quote name='coolz481']Hmmm....hearing about some issues with promo codes makes me a little nervous, but several deals are in effect today (5/25) that I just took advantage of:

Wii Console Bundle (wii sports / wii sports resort / motion plus) $199 w/$30 promo code

Mario Kart Wii $39.99 w/15% off and $10 promo code

New Super Mario Bros Wii $34.99 w/15% off and $10 promo code

Super Mario Galaxy 2 $49.99 w/15% off and $20 promo code

So, altogether I spent $324 after taxes (and free shipping) and will be receiving $70 in promo codes - not too shabby for a new Wii and 5 games, 3 of which are among the highest rated on the system![/QUOTE]

Not a bad haul, its just a shame that none of those coupons will stack :whistle2:( but at least they expire in like 2 years so you'll have time to use them

I think this was asked before, but I want to ask in this thread, since it seems to be the best place to do so.

What if I purchase multiple games in one order that have the $10 GS credit?

Will I receive multiple promotion codes, or only receive one? Do I have to order the games in separate orders to receive separate promotion codes?

I'm asking because of the price drop on Glory of Heracles. I want to use Saver and perhaps the DD, so I was thinking of combining that with New Super Mario Bros Wii - both of these games have a $10 promo code. Will I receive the promo code if I do it this way or is it necessary for me to make a separate order for each and every game that has the $10 coupon?

[quote name='Keirnoth']I think this was asked before, but I want to ask in this thread, since it seems to be the best place to do so.

What if I purchase multiple games in one order that have the $10 GS credit?

Will I receive multiple promotion codes, or only receive one? Do I have to order the games in separate orders to receive separate promotion codes?

I'm asking because of the price drop on Glory of Heracles. I want to use Saver and perhaps the DD, so I was thinking of combining that with New Super Mario Bros Wii - both of these games have a $10 promo code. Will I receive the promo code if I do it this way or is it necessary for me to make a separate order for each and every game that has the $10 coupon?[/QUOTE]

No need to make a separate order you will get both $10 codes :)

[quote name='AMadcap']Just received my games from the B2G1 sale. Almost all of them appear to be refurbs; 5 were missing manuals, as well as 2 in replacement cases. My copy of Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold had a case, but had the regular $5 Ultimate Alliance disc inside. Raiden IV: Limited Edition used did not come with the bonus disc described on the website. My copy of Splinter Cell: Double Agent had a great deal of scratches and some black discoloration around the center ring (a lot of my used games from them have this to some degree; anyone know the cause?).
[/QUOTE]

My guess is that it's from their refurb machine somehow. I've also seen the center ring slightly warped, so that it no longer fits as cleanly into the disc holder.

(Sorry if this is a repeated question...) Does anyone know if GameStop will price adjust if an item's price drops after the order is placed but before it ships (not a preorder, though)?

And thanks OP for making and keeping the thread current.

I'm trying to pre-order Alpha Protocol using my $10 credit from ACII. A few issues:

1 - The splash screen says that it includes a $10 credit and free overnight shipping. The game page mentions that free overnight shipping will be applied, but does not mention any credit.

2 - I can apply my code, but the overnight shipping shows as $9.99 on the checkout screen. Am I doing something wrong, or do I need to call them to place this order?

Thanks!

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']Well 20PRE and 25DEAL both died today [/QUOTE]Wow, so convenient. Right when they get the SSFIV TE Arcade Sticks back in stock.:bomb:

[quote name='RedStep']I'm trying to pre-order Alpha Protocol using my $10 credit from ACII. A few issues:

1 - The splash screen says that it includes a $10 credit and free overnight shipping. The game page mentions that free overnight shipping will be applied, but does not mention any credit.

2 - I can apply my code, but the overnight shipping shows as $9.99 on the checkout screen. Am I doing something wrong, or do I need to call them to place this order?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I am having a slightly different problem trying to place my pre-order for Alpha Protocol. I am using the $20 credit from SMG2. It keeps saying I can't combine it with any other offer, even though I haven't entered any other codes.

I did select free overnight shipping, but I then went back and changed it to SAVER and free value shipping (I'm okay with it not getting here day of) and it still won't work, and I know the credit I got for RDR worked with SMG2 + SAVER.

Any ideas what the problem is? I'll try it again later, and if it still doesn't work I'll call them.

The code does work when buying Splinter Cell Convition, which also comes with a $10 code like Alpha Protocol, so hopefully this is just a bug with the Alpha Protocol deal that they will get fixed. It's not a new general rule that you can't use the coupon codes to buy other games with coupon codes anymore.

[quote name='AcrylamideTic']I am having a slightly different problem trying to place my pre-order for Alpha Protocol. I am using the $20 credit from SMG2. It keeps saying I can't combine it with any other offer, even though I haven't entered any other codes.

I did select free overnight shipping, but I then went back and changed it to SAVER and free value shipping (I'm okay with it not getting here day of) and it still won't work, and I know the credit I got for RDR worked with SMG2 + SAVER.

Any ideas what the problem is? I'll try it again later, and if it still doesn't work I'll call them.

The code does work when buying Splinter Cell Convition, which also comes with a $10 code like Alpha Protocol, so hopefully this is just a bug with the Alpha Protocol deal that they will get fixed. It's not a new general rule that you can't use the coupon codes to buy other games with coupon codes anymore.[/QUOTE]

I would try refreshing, deleting cookies and stuff like that. Sometimes it glitches.

Another reason could be that it might just not work with certain games, in this case you'd have to call and order with them and have them take the $10 off or something.

Interestingly enough, the customer service are pretty adamantly stating the the coupon codes you get for buying certain games ($10 off future purchase, $20 off future purchase) are not allowed to be used for pre-orders. She's getting her supervisor now because I'm saying that rule is never mentioned anywhere in the coupon description, but just a heads up for others.

Actually, even after talking to the manager, they wouldn't allow me to use the $20 coupon code I got for Mario Galaxy 2 to pre-order Alpha Protocol. They say the system just won't allow coupon codes to be applied towards pre-orders (which is absurd, I can pre-order Fall Out New Vegas right now online using this coupon code and it works fine.) Oh well, I'll just go back to using Amazon for new purchases. Fortunately, this 20$ code is good for like three years, I'm sure I'll eventually want a game used from Gamestop in three years time.

This worked out perfectly, my SMG2 code was just sent. I picked up SSF4 for 8.50 shipped and another $10 coupon getting sent my way.

I thought I read this somewhere. though I can't find it now, but is it true that you have to use the code (ie make a purchase) once you enter it? I input a code and it showed the $10 off for Super Street Fighter IV. I removed the code and when I tried again later the code didn't work anymore (still shows $10 off but says contents don't meet criteria, even though it's still just SSFIV with no other codes applied).

[quote name='spongebolton']This worked out perfectly, my SMG2 code was just sent. I picked up SSF4 for 8.50 shipped and another $10 coupon getting sent my way.[/QUOTE]

When was your code emailed to you in relation to when you ordered?

found out something interesting in regards to the $10 coupons. if your order comes to right at $10 or a few cents under, they will just end up taking the $3 shipping off making the order completely free. has happened for me twice now. i ordered a 9.99 new game and a couple used games that totaled 9.86. both orders i put my edge card in to pay the $3 shipping but when they shipped it showed they took off the shipping and charged my edge card nothing. pretty cool if there are some cheap games u want.

Well I am no longer mad about GS having my preorder of SMG2 backordered. Cuz today I got my preorder of UFC 2010. I didn't expect it until later in the week and I def want this more than Mario. Also, got my $10 & $20 codes today.

I know people have their complaints with GS, but its basically the only place I buy games aside from B1G1 at BBV and the like.

My SMG2 shipped yesterday and I didn't get the code until today. One question is, can that $20 code be used on any account or only the one that I ordered the game? If the code can in fact be used on other accounts, PM me if you're interested in the $20 credit code because I'm looking to trade it for paypal!

[quote name='evildeadjedi']My copy of SMG2 has shipped, no 20 off code as of yet.[/QUOTE]

Just got my code a few hours ago!

Another question for everyone. If I placed an order, but the order hasn't shipped; if I cancel the order, will I still be able to use the $10 coupon code for another order or did I "use up" the one chance to use it?

CheapyD just posted the 20% discount on Wii games so I'd like to cancel the NSMB I ordered and get use that deal instead.

[quote name='Keirnoth']Another question for everyone. If I placed an order, but the order hasn't shipped; if I cancel the order, will I still be able to use the $10 coupon code for another order or did I "use up" the one chance to use it?

CheapyD just posted the 20% discount on Wii games so I'd like to cancel the NSMB I ordered and get use that deal instead.[/QUOTE]
Your coupon has already been used, even if you cancel the order before it ships. You should call in and ask if they can give you another coupon to compensate if you cancel the order.

[quote name='hothitter']When was your code emailed to you in relation to when you ordered?[/QUOTE]

I preordered the game during the 25% off 100 promo last month, I still have yet to receive the actual game, but hopefully that is coming today or tomorrow.

[quote name='Lucian'](Sorry if this is a repeated question...) Does anyone know if GameStop will price adjust if an item's price drops after the order is placed but before it ships (not a preorder, though)?[/QUOTE]
Yes, I'm answering my own question. Gamestop customer service did in fact refund me the difference in price because a game I ordered dropped in price from the time I ordered to the time it shipped. I have to give them credit; nice job with the customer service.

[quote name='Lucian']Yes, I'm answering my own question. Gamestop customer service did in fact refund me the difference in price because a game I ordered dropped in price from the time I ordered to the time it shipped. I have to give them credit; nice job with the customer service.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well, good for you. I've been around and around with them over Glory of Heracles and they won't budge on that. Finally, they did give me a $10 coupon (since when I ordered it I used one and it didn't have one as an offer) but no price drop difference. That code didn't work so I let them know - they told me to make my order without it and they'd adjust it. I said I just made the orders I wanted with other codes and didn't want to order anything else at this time. Finally, today, they sent me another code - I'll need to see if that one works now :roll:. I would have just preferred a refund of the price difference and no code, but oh well...

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I'm sure this has been asked 1000+ times, so I apologize in advance.

Do you get the $10 off / $20 off coupons if you buy one of the qualifying games USED instead of new?[/QUOTE]

I dunno. I can't find the thread now (too many GS coupon code threads, I'm lost ;)) - but I was considering getting Mass Effect 2 new + $10 code. Then someone said I should just get a used copy. When I said I didn't think I'd get the code then, they said Cheapy himself had verified that you do on used versions. But now I wish I had checked up on that a bit more because I'm not so sure.

I bought 2 games in separate orders Monday: 3D Dot Game Heroes new, and Mass Effect 2 used. I got notices early this morning that both shipped. This afternoon I got ONE $10 code which I have to assume is for 3D Dot Game Heroes (though it would be nice if, like Amazon, they mentioned the order number the promo code went with). If I get another I will certainly let you know, but I would have expected it to come around the same time. We'll see, but I'm not optimistic about it. I will certainly contact GS if I don't get it tonight as it was clearly listed on the page for the game (both new and used).

[quote name='io']I dunno. I can't find the thread now (too many GS coupon code threads, I'm lost ;)) - but I was considering getting Mass Effect 2 new + $10 code. Then someone said I should just get a used copy. When I said I didn't think I'd get the code then, they said Cheapy himself had verified that you do on used versions. But now I wish I had checked up on that a bit more because I'm not so sure.

I bought 2 games in separate orders Monday: 3D Dot Game Heroes new, and Mass Effect 2 used. I got notices early this morning that both shipped. This afternoon I got ONE $10 code which I have to assume is for 3D Dot Game Heroes (though it would be nice if, like Amazon, they mentioned the order number the promo code went with). If I get another I will certainly let you know, but I would have expected it to come around the same time. We'll see, but I'm not optimistic about it. I will certainly contact GS if I don't get it tonight as it was clearly listed on the page for the game (both new and used).[/QUOTE]

I think I remember someone saying that the promo works for used games as well. Now I wish I would have checked up on it too. I spent the last 25+ minutes looking for one of those old threads, but I can't find any either. I think I'll have to just buy a new copy just to be safe. I just don't trust GS enough I suppose.

[quote name='Dwarf41']Sonic, you will get coupon if you buy a qualified used game. I got used NSMB and received the code when it shipped.[/QUOTE]

Crap, its too late now because the game I was going to buy used is out of stock now. Goddammit that was fast.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I'm sure this has been asked 1000+ times, so I apologize in advance.

Do you get the $10 off / $20 off coupons if you buy one of the qualifying games USED instead of new?[/QUOTE]

I bought two used games on Monday from the list and just got my two $10 codes. So yes you do.

The codes DO work with the USED games, I got 2 for 2 copies of NSMB Wii, both codes came in the same email, but they came the DAY the shipment arrived, several (2-3) days after I got the shipping confirmation email. So if you ordered I'd give it up to like a day after the shipment arrives, if you still have no code then contact them.

[quote name='josh62488']no ones found a way to outsmart system and be able to stack $10 off codes?

wishful thinking I know[/QUOTE]

I know, wouldn't it be great if the credit worked like credit?

My $10 code will work with Alpha Protocol but then it takes away the free overnight shipping(thought it'd since there's no coupon for the FOS) so I'm not sure if I want to bite.

bread's done
Back