GS.com Codes & Promos | DD: 15% Off 2 Game Purchase | $30 Code w/ Wii Bundle

Cheapskate

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Do you have trouble keeping track of what coupon codes are all available for Gamestop.com? I know I do...so I thought maybe starting a thread compiling them all might be useful to more people than just myself. Though I'd need your help, in letting me know if a code appears to have stopped working, or if you know of a working one that's not here. I'll do my best to try and keep this first post updated in a timely manner.

(For in-store promos and trade-in values, look here. For in-store coupons, look here.)

---------------------------------------
Daily Deal

2F40 (expires mid-day 06/01/10)
Purchase 2 games $39.99 or more - receive 15% off your order!

Coupon Codes
(Note: If description specifies "in-stock," code will not work on pre-orders.)

25DEAL
25% off any order of in-stock merchandise, $100 or more. Online only. Not valid on consoles, hard drives, bundles, gift cards and select titles. May not be combined with other offers.

2D15 (expires 5/31/2010)
15% off and free Ground Shipping all in-stock games $49.99 or more. May not be combined with other offers. Not valid on consoles or other hardware.

F2D (expires 5/31/2010)
Free 2-Day Shipping on all pre-order titles. May not be combined with other offers. Not valid on consoles.

• HB20 (can be added but doesn't apply discount)
20% off all strategy guides

• SAVE10 (can be added but doesn't apply discount)
$10 off your order. Total order value must be over $50. Not applicable on systems.

SAVER (stacks with most other codes, but order must be at least $25 total)
Free Value Shipping on your order.

Used Games Only:

• PPLAY15 (can be added by doesn't apply discount)
15% off your purchase of any in-stock used game or dvd

CAG16
16% off all in-stock used games & dvds

Game/System Specific:

25XBOX (Original Xbox games only)
Get 25% off all used Xbox Games. May not be combined with any other offers.

3DAYDSI
Free 3-Day shipping on the all Nintendo DSi handhelds and bundles.

EASPORTS
Free Overnight Shipping on select EA Sports titles! May not be combined with other offers. Only one discount per order. Continental United States only.

GS20 (expires 5/31/2010)
20% off all in-stock new Wii/DS titles $29.99 or more. Online only. May not be combined with other offers. Limit three titles.

Coupon Code Offers
(Note 1: As of this writing, pre-owned copies receive codes as well.)
(Note 2: Codes will not stack with each other, nor with most other codes.)

- $30 Coupon Code -

:wii: Wii Black Bundle New 5/28
:wii: Wii White Bundle New 5/28

- $20 Coupon Code -

:360: Halo Reach
:360: Halo Reach: Limited Edition
:360: Halo Reach: Legendary Edition
:wii: Super Mario Galaxy 2

- $10 Coupon Code -

:360: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (+$10 Off) New 05/24
:360: Assassin's Creed II (+$12 Off)
:360: Crackdown 2
:360: Dante's Inferno (+$5 Off)
:360: Green Day: Rock Band
:360: Green Day: Rock Band Plus
:360: Halo 3: ODST (+$10 Off) New 05/24
:360: Madden NFL 11
:360: Mafia II
:360: Mass Effect 2 (+$15 Off)
:360: Singularity
:360: Splinter Cell: Conviction (+$15 Off)
:360: Super Street Fighter IV (+$10 Off)
:360: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
:360: UFC Undisputed 2010

:ps3: 3D Dot Game Heroes (+$10 Off) New 05/24
:ps3: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (+$10 Off) New 05/24
:ps3: Assassin's Creed II (+$12 Off)
:ps3: Dante's Inferno: Divine Edition (+$5 Off)
:ps3: God Of War III (+$5 Off)
:ps3: Green Day: Rock Band
:ps3: Green Day: Rock Band Plus
:ps3: Madden NFL 11
:ps3: Mafia II
:ps3: MAG (+$10 Off)
:ps3: Singularity
:ps3: Super Street Fighter IV (+$10 Off)
:ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
:ps3: UFC Undisputed 2010
:ps3: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (+$15 Off)

:wii: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (+$10 Off) New 05/24
:wii: Cabela's Monster Buck Hunter (+$5 Off)
:wii: Green Day: Rock Band
:wii: Madden NFL 11
:wii: Mario Kart Wii (+$5 Off)
:wii: New Super Mario Bros. Wii (+$15 Off)
:wii: Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars (+$5 Off)
:wii: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
:wii: Wario Land: Shake It! (+$3 Off)

:pc: Mafia II
:pc: Singularity
:pc: Splinter Cell: Conviction (+$15 Off)
:pc: Supreme Commander 2 (+$5 Off)

:psp: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (+$10 Off) New 05/24
:psp: Dante's Inferno (+$5 Off)
:psp: Madden NFL 11

:ds: Glory of Heracles (+$2 Off)

:ps2: Madden NFL 11

Last edited by a moderator:
well if theres no way to outsmart it

does anyone have good ideas for fillers to get the $10 off to apply?

I have a 8.99 game in my cart but dont know what to put in it to make coupon work

also is anyone else having problems with GS20 working?

[quote name='josh62488']well if theres no way to outsmart it

does anyone have good ideas for fillers to get the $10 off to apply?

I have a 8.99 game in my cart but dont know what to put in it to make coupon work

also is anyone else having problems with GS20 working?[/QUOTE]

If you have a PS3 and want to make your controller much more confortable, I have a nice $4.99 filler. It's called PS3 Real Triggers. Here's a link:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74516

Gamestop made what appears to be a pretty big change (at least visually) to their website overnight including a focus on the checkout screens (look! in-store pick up buttons! I hope those do something someday). Could it finally be goodbye to glitchtown?

(other changes are really on the per console pages. "pretty big for gamestop" would've probably been more appropriate)

In-store pickup would be awesome! I can't wait to see the look on the clerks' faces when I continually walk out of their store with a game for much less than they paid with their emp discount, and much much less than I would've paid if I preordered it like they wanted me to.

Also, Red Dead for 360 currently has 4 used copies in-stock. I had it in the cart & was experimenting with coupons when I just decided to wait. I'm finally letting the backlog win (well, aside from the 4 games I ordered from GS in the past few days).

Has anyone used up a promo code and then returned the game it came with successfully? I bought SMG2 with $20 code. I used the code already but then I used the coupon yesterday to buy the game in-store with the 50% trade-in bonus. I should have no problems returning the one I bought online in-store right?

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']INDY2D won't work for me[/QUOTE]
This morning I couldn't get it to work either.

EDIT: Looks like the Indy deal is dead and it's something else now.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']The codes DO work with the USED games, I got 2 for 2 copies of NSMB Wii, both codes came in the same email, but they came the DAY the shipment arrived, several (2-3) days after I got the shipping confirmation email. So if you ordered I'd give it up to like a day after the shipment arrives, if you still have no code then contact them.[/QUOTE]

Did you order them on the same order, or separate orders? I am just curious if you order multiple copies of the same game on the same order, will you get 2 codes, or just 1? I want to pick up a copy of SMG2 for me and one for a friend, and it would be nice to get 2 codes.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']The codes DO work with the USED games, I got 2 for 2 copies of NSMB Wii, both codes came in the same email, but they came the DAY the shipment arrived, several (2-3) days after I got the shipping confirmation email. So if you ordered I'd give it up to like a day after the shipment arrives, if you still have no code then contact them.[/QUOTE]

I'm still waiting on my code from a used copy of New SMB Wii that I received two days ago—I just sent an e-mail to [email protected], anyone know if that's generally the best course of action? Or should I give someone a call and ask?

So anyone got a voucher yet for buying a used game, things are looking a little iffy. I just captured a screen shot for the inevitable argument I know I'm going to have.

[quote name='stoned99']So anyone got a voucher yet for buying a used game, things are looking a little iffy. I just captured a screen shot for the inevitable argument I know I'm going to have.[/QUOTE]

I have, with a used AC2.

DOOKIE (expires 5/28/2010) NEW
Newsletter Special - Free overnight shipping on Green Day: Rock Band. May not be combined with other offers.

--------

It is not letting me do this, why?

I put in Green Day, enter it, and select overnight.

"The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description"

I have Green Day Rock Band Plus for the Playstation 3 in my cart, not sure what is wrong with it. Help?

picked up the following

GOW 3 $26.99
NSMB WII $20.24 (traded in my copy for 35 bucks) 15 dollar profit plus 10 dollar coupon
Warioland shake it $8.09
Splinter cell conviction $26.99 (traded in mine for 32.20) small profit plus coupon
Assassin's Creed 2 $15.52
Heavy Rain $33.74
SMG 2 $37.50

Total 169.06 plus 70 dollars in coupons, not bad. Plus I called CS and got them to give me the free O/N shipping :)

can someone clear this up for me.

typically how long should I expect to wait until I receive a code?
what are the restrictions and expiration dates for the coupon codes?

double post.

fuck it. I'll stick with Amazon. a game with credit already shipped from GS show I'll have to figure out what to dump that credit on

Awesome- I can finally find all the GS codes in one thread. Will be a challenge to keep organized, with new codes happening every other day, but keep up the good work Cheapskate.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']can someone clear this up for me.

typically how long should I expect to wait until I receive a code?
what are the restrictions and expiration dates for the coupon codes?[/QUOTE]

There was some talk in another thread that GS was behind on sending out codes. However, the general rule seemed to be that the codes were sent out around the time shipping confirmation email is sent. That's how it happened for me today.

Shipping confirmation came in this morning. Then a separate coupon code email was sent to me about 30 minutes ago. So I think they're back up on getting the codes out quicker now.

My code expires on 5/28/2013 but I used it immediately because I know I'll forget to use it and there is another $10 code with NSMB for only $15AC plus CA tax. No brainer for me.

Just want to give a heads up to you guys. I just got into GS Powerup Rewards Beta and right now I've already been given 2 B2G1 Free coupons on used games. The coupons expire 8/31/10.

[quote name='stoned99']So anyone got a voucher yet for buying a used game, things are looking a little iffy. I just captured a screen shot for the inevitable argument I know I'm going to have.[/QUOTE]

I may have just gotten one for Mass Effect 2, or it could be a mistaken $10 coupon for SMG2 instead of the $20 I was supposed to get. See below... Edit: CONFIRMED, I did get a $10 coupon for it!

[quote name='Gamer SDP']can someone clear this up for me.

typically how long should I expect to wait until I receive a code?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it is all over the place - they are not consistent, even now...

Here are my orders for just this week:

Monday: ordered 3D Dot Game Heroes (new)
Tuesday (very early AM, so really Mon night): ordered Mass Effect 2 360 (used)
Tuesday: ordered SMG 2 (new)
Wednesday: shipping notifications for 3D Dot Game Heroes and Mass Effect 2.
Wednesday: one $10 code. So, crap, I'm thinking I got it for 3D Dot Game Heroes but not Mass Effect 2. But I figured I'll give it a few days before contacting them.

Thursday: 3D Dot Game Heroes arrives.
Friday: Shipping notification for SMG2 (WTF - why so long to process that one!?)
Friday: about an hour later, another $10 code
Friday: noonish, my Mass Effect 2 arrives (a beat up refurb that will be getting swapped at my local GS :roll:)

So, yeah, I can't be sure if I got the second $10 code because of Mass Effect 2 or because they screwed up and sent me a $10 code instead of a $20 one for SMG 2. Weren't other people saying they got $10 instead of $20 for that before? If a $20 code comes though soon then it is all good and I can confirm I got a code for the used Mass Effect 2. But until that happens, it is still up in the air.

EDIT: YES, just got my $20 SMG 2 coupon. At least on that one they say specifically that it was for SMG2. The $10 codes I got are not tied to a specific game or order number so it was always unclear what they were for.

So, yes, I can confirm that I, at least, got a $10 code for a used Mass Effect 2 purchase. If I can I swap it out for a nice one at a B&M store, then that will have been a great purchase. I traded my original copy in for $56 using a GS promo a few months back and just rebought it for $19.69 (after a $10 coupon + Edge) + got another $10 coupon to use later. Not bad!

I hadn't received my coupon for Wario yet, even though it was shipped and delivered already. So I shot them an email and they responded by giving me a code they already had given me for Red Dead Redemption. Sent them another one in hopes they'll give me a good one. Kind of annoying, but whatever.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Just want to give a heads up to you guys. I just got into GS Powerup Rewards Beta and right now I've already been given 2 B2G1 Free coupons on used games. The coupons expire 8/31/10.[/QUOTE]

Yes if you have the beta in your area you need to get it. It is like a frequent shopper program where you earn cash rewards like the Sears/Kmart program and get extra coupons. I was told it costs 14.99, same as current edge/game informer subscription, plus you get a B2G1 just for signing up. My Gamestop friend confirmed it is being tried out in the Columbus Ohio test market and some where else- Sharkey where do you live?

If the beta is in your area, sign up because if it is successful they will roll it out nationwide.

They are no longer offering $20 with SMG2. Hopefully they do not try and screw me out of the coupon, as I ordered it last night when it was still listed as being included.

I made my order of SMG2 during the weekend. Since they said they don't ship anything on the weekend or holidays, I didn't get my coupon until today.

I also take it there's no chance of combining it with CAG16? Would be nice to bring the price of a used copy of NSMB Wii down just a little more.

[quote name='Tsukento']I made my order of SMG2 during the weekend. Since they said they don't ship anything on the weekend or holidays, I didn't get my coupon until today.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. SMG2 and NSMB Wii shipped today, though RDR is still back-ordered. Hopefully I get the $10 and $20 off coupon soon! :D

just out of curiosity, how much credit were they offering when you buy modnation racers and rdr for ps3 because i see OP has it crossed out.

[quote name='david12795']just out of curiosity, how much credit were they offering when you buy modnation racers and rdr for ps3 because i see OP has it crossed out.[/QUOTE]

It was $10 for each of them.

hm, the $10 coupon code won't stack with SAVER for me? Is this right? I thought SAVER stacks with anything (yes my game is over $25 btw)

[quote name='ShockandAww']It was $10 for each of them.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh can't believe i missed out on it. guess ill have to wait and HOPE gamestop will put them on sale, thats if they do.

anyone knows if I could return my new wii using the promo trade an old wii and get the new wii for 50 ( I asked for gift receipt) and getting the whole amount. I want to purchase it online so I could get the 30 promo. TIA

I got an email with 6 $10 coupons which doesn't even really make sense. I did order 6 games in 4 orders last Friday but at the time I got the coupons none had moved from the "verifying" stage they were in when I first placed the orders. Now, it appears two of the games have shipped but I didn't get an email about it. But hey, whatever ;).

So now that I've got the initial post all nicely formatted and everything...would anyone be interested in taking over the thread? I started it as sort of an experiment to see how it'd go, but after having actually ordered something from Gamestop.com now, I've realized that I have very little desire to order from them over Amazon.

Yeah, I know...if I get a damaged case, or a game that isn't complete, there's a good chance I could go to a local store and trade it in. But in the last couple years, both the local stores have suddenly developed such a massive stick up their ass, I really don't feel like going into one of them about something like this and having to deal with their attitude. I swear, when I tried to return my Assassin's Creed 2 just a few days after I'd received it, the guy working the counter asked me in like ten different ways why I was returning the game, before he'd finally let me return it (I don't know if he was just trying to get me to admit I'd heard about the upcoming Complete Edition or what...I should've said I was returning it because it was "Incomplete," ha) -- and that store used to be the good one of the two.

So if someone would like to take it over, I can just send you the UBB code or whatever so the first message would already be formatted for you and everything.

From the website:

"Items may be returned by taking them to a GameStop store location in the United States. Items returned to a GameStop store location must be accompanied by the original packing list. Store return policies may vary and are subject to manager approval. Handling costs are non-refundable."

So, is it considered dishonest to get the Wii, obtain the $30 future credit and return the Wii? I had 121 in credit for GS, so I ordered one, now I see a limit of 2 per household so I'm thinking of returning the first and buying a second, getting $60 in credit(even if it doesn't stack).

[quote name='Kakkarrot23']Do we have an idea of when the 25% off a 100 coupon will expire?[/QUOTE]
Expires 6/7/10 11:59PM

bread's done
Back