GS/EB: Memorial Day Sale: Online Now! 5/26-6/17 Complete Ad Posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoony 1337

CAG Veteran
CheapyD Edit:
Below are links to the complete ad. Sale starts Friday evening online and Saturday in stores. Check out those $5 UMDs!
Entire Ad

Online Offers:
Xbox 360 - Xbox
PS3 - PS2 - PSP - UMD
DS - GBA - GameCube
PC
Accessories
Trade-in offers

Here is a list of games that will be marked down in an upcoming Gamestop/EB Games sale.

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/3060/sale1zk0.jpg

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/8705/sale2nk8.jpg

Enjoy.

[quote name='reibeatall']Look at the first 2 digits of the SKUs.

16 = GBA
18 = DS
19 = PSP
20 = XB360
21 = Xbox
22 = GameCube
27 = PS3
28 = PS2
64 = PC
80 = Accessories.
[/quote]
Alpha list, thanks to CocheseUGA:
In Alpha order:

Final Fantasy VII Advent Children 25%

Game Boy Advance
Cars 25%
Castlevania Double Pack 50%
Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced 50%
Crash: Huge Adventure 64mb 3k EEPROm 25%
Crash/Spyro Superpack Purple + Orange 25%
Crash Superpack – Crash 2 + CNK 25%
Naruto II: Ninja Council 25%
Open Season 33%
Shrek 2/ Madagascar Bundle 25%
Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis 25%
Teen Titans 33%

Nintendo DS
Age of Empires 25%
Brain Boost Beta 25%
Brain Boost Gamma 25%
Cars 25%
Crash Boom Bang 25%
Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2 25%
Flushed Away 25%
Open Season 25%
Phoenix Wright 33%
Sonic Rush 25%
Superman 25%
Super Monkey Ball: Touch & Roll 25%

Sony PSP
Activision Hits Remixed 25%
Armored Core: Formula Front 50%
Bust-a-Move Deluxe 60%
Cars 25%
Crash Tag Team Racing 50%
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 25%
Open Season 25%
Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast 50%
PoPoLoCrois 50%
Sega Genesis Collection 25%
Sonic Rivals 25%
Worms: Open Warfare 25%

Xbox 360
Chromehounds 25%
Condemmed 33%
Fear 33%
Quake 4 50%

Xbox
25 to Life 25%
Bards Tale: Song of the Bard 50%
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat 50%
Capcom Classics Collection 25%
Cars 25%
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness 50%
Counter Strike (PH) (BC) 50%
Crime Life: Gang Wars 50%
Destroy All Humans 50%
FIFA 07 50%
Fight Night Round 2 50%
Flatout (BC) 50%
GTA: San Andreas 25%
Harry Potter Goblet of Fire (BC) 50%
Hunter: The Reckoning Redeemer 50%
Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction 50%
Jaws Unleashed 25%
Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning 33%
Medal of Honor: European Assault (BC) 50%
NASCAR 2006: Total Team Control 60%
NASCAR 07 50%
NFS: Carbon 33%
Open Season 25%
Real World Golf 50%
Scarface 33%
Shattered Union 50%
Shrek 2/ Shark Tale Combo 25%
Sonic Heroes 33%
Soul Calibur II (PH) 50%
Spongebob: Lights, Camera, Pants! 50%
SSX 3 (PH) (BC) 33%
Superman (Returns?) 25%
Tiger Woods 07 50%
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2: Bush (PH) (BC) 33%

Gamecube
Cars 25%
Ed, Edd n Eddy 50%
Flushed Away 25%
Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life 50%
Legend of Spyro 33%
Naruto Clash of Ninja 50%
NFS: Most Wanted 33%
Open Season 25%
Sims 2: Pets 33%
Sonic Adventure DX: Director’s Cut 50%
Sonic Heroes 33%
Sonic Riders 50%

Playstation 3
Genji: Days of the Blade 25%
Full Auto 2 25%
NBA 07 25%
Playstation 2
24: The Game 50%
25 to Life 25%
Armored Core: Last Raven 50%
Blitz: the League 50%
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts 50%
Cars 25%
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness 50%
Champions: Return to Arms 50%
Crash Nitro Kart (GH) 25%
Crash Tag Team Racing 50%
Crash Twinsanity 25%
Crash WOC 25%
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down 25%
Dragon Quest VIII 25%
Dynasty Warriors 5 50%
Ed, Edd n Eddy 50%
Family Feud 25%
Final Fantasy XII CE 25%
GTA: San Andreas 25%
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life SE 50%
History Channel Civil War 33%
Indigo Prophecy 50%
KOF 2006 50%
Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude 25%
Need for Speed - ??? 50%
Masashi: Samauri Legend 50%
Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks 50%
MX Unleashed 50%
Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast 25%
Real World Golf 50%
RPG Maker III 50%
Rumble Roses 50%
Scarface 33%
Shadow the Hedgehog 50%
Sims 50%
Sonic Heroes 50%
Sonic Riders 50%
Sopranos 50%
Spider-Man 2 50%
Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom 50%
Spyro: A Hero’s Tail 25%
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly 25%
SSX Tricky 50%

PC
Condemmed 50%
Diablo II 50%
Diablo II Expansion 50%
Guild Wars Online: Nightfall 50%
King’s Quest Compliation 50%
Magic the Gathering: Battle Grounds (Permanent Markdown)
Medieval 2: Total War 25%
Movies, The 25%
Rise of Nations 75%
Sonic Heroes 50%
Space Quest Compliation 50%
StarCraft 50%
WarCraft III Expansion 50%

Accessories
DS/GBA Universal Mini Pak 50%
DS Lite Play Pak 33%
DS Pro Tec Kit 50%
PS2 NBA Controllers 50%
PS2 Wireless 2pack 50%
PS2 Wireless Guitar 33%
PS2 Wireless Guitar 33%
PS3 Component Cable 33%
PSP MS 2GB 50%
PSP Pro Tec Kit 50%
PSP Theatre Experience 50%
XB360 Charge Kit 50%
XB360 Component Cable 33%
XB360 Cooler 50%
XB360 DriveFX Logitech Wheel 33%
XB360 Inteligent Remote 50%
XB360 Multi-Hub 50%
Wii Component Cable 33%
Wii Fan Stand 50%
Wii Memory SD 2GB 50%
Wii Sports Pack 50%

[quote name='vicious7171']Better than paying $40 including shipping for a used copy on amazon. It's not a terrific game, but it's the best version, especially for us with Xtreme legends. It's not a steal, it's just one of those games that are damn hard to find for cheap.[/quote]
Alright, if you were lucky enough to nab DW5:XL at TRU for clearance or somewhere else, fine, but why not just buy DW4 for half the price? :p

EDIT: I agree though. This is the cheapest I've ever seen it, but, damn. I think I can play my DW4, XL, and DW5:E while I wait for it to hit the cheap mark.

I spent about $150 today. They pretty much had everything I was looking for and I was the only one there at 10AM, which was good because I snagged their only copy of PopoloCrois for PSP they had.

No Castlevania Double Pack even though I bought it at Best Buy via GGC when it came out, so no big loss there.

All their games were in the bin for the most part still shrinkwrapped. A few accessories like the 2GB sandisk card for Wii and the Nyko controller pack I had to ask about since they were not in the bin, but was able to get them no problem.

Overall, it wasn't an awesome sale by any means (this IS GameStop after all), but still glad I went when I did and was able to get everything I wanted.

[quote name='briansraregames']And they still have my $300...[/quote]
ROFLS
Maybe you can take it as a learning lesson and learn to read where it says "no resellers" . It might save you some tears next time.

Picked up 4 Gamecube games at goodwill yesterday for 21 something, traded them in to GS and bought: Armored Core: FF, Outrun 2006 and PoPoLoCrois. Ended up walking out with 5 dollars in credit.

Anyone know if the animated Spiderman UMD is any good? Is it the cartoon they used to play on Fox? I might pick that up too...

For those of you saying that their stores didnt have the UMDs. Look around the store a bit more. They may have put them in another area like mine did.

I didnt see any at first either but they are stacked all together in a big box vertically with only a few of them having titles showing so it was hard to find them.
When you walk by them it looks like a bunch of clear plastic cases with a few having stickers with titles on them. Very easy to miss.

They weren't in the big box area with all the other games.

[quote name='eugaet']Hmmm. That doesn't sound like good odds that I will get my game then. First time ordering from EB/GS online...do I have anything to worry about?[/QUOTE]
No, why would you?

I nabbed myself a 2 GB PSP card for $30. I could have probably gotten a better deal online, but I didn't feel like rummaging through a bunch of websites and sketchy Ebay listings to find the best deal

[quote name='briansraregames']Just curious too, what have you guys been seeing as far as gutted vs non gutted games? I went to 4 local stores today and 3 of them gutted every single copy of every single game on sale, even the 4.99 UMDs. I can't imagine how long it took to do that, what a waste of time.

The other store figured out that they could save a lot of floor space by gutting 1 copy of each game for display and keeping the rest in the back.[/quote] The stores that I've went to here had nearly all of their games new and sealed. The only gutted ones were Xbox 360 games, but I bet those were gutted prior to this sale anyway.

Just Indigo Prophecy (PS2) for me for $10.

[quote name='BearMan23']Picked up 4 Gamecube games at goodwill yesterday for 21 something, traded them in to GS and bought: Armored Core: FF, Outrun 2006 and PoPoLoCrois. Ended up walking out with 5 dollars in credit.

Anyone know if the animated Spiderman UMD is any good? Is it the cartoon they used to play on Fox? I might pick that up too...[/quote]

I picked up the same three games :D You can't go wrong for $10 per game! And all three games are pretty good at that from what I've seen/heard.

I went to check my local GS to see if they got any UMDs, apparently they're suppose to get that shipment on monday -_-' Well, I guess I might just order online then, just dont like waiting 2 weeks to get it....

Anyone with a hankering for a good story without so much turn-based battling should get Indigo Prophecy for $10 like I did. Its presentation and plot make it more like an interactive movie than a game - and it was definitely worth the purchase. It got best story of 2005 from Gamespot and it shows from the first few minutes of playing.

[quote name='CZroe']Man, that Castlevania double pack is hard to find. I sure hope they didn't overestimate their warehoused stock because I had to order it online. Forgot to pick up a Sandisk 2GB SD card (Wii-branded), so I guess the $2.99 shipping isn't too bad for two items.

BTW, the same Starcraft set is $7.4X at some Target stores.[/QUOTE]
In store, I nabbed FF XII CE, DW VIII, Castlevania CoD, and Space Quest Collection. Everything else I found interesting I had already paid less for elsewhere (Condemned: CO, Starcraft, etc) :D Well, except Sonic Heros, which I paid $5 for and got TWO "Disc Two" discs inside (had to trade them for a gutted copy).

My experience with FF XII CE since launch has shown that most have bashed corners and scratch marks and today's was no exception. It had a big dent in the middle of the top edge, so I swapped it out for another on my way to work (different location).

Castlevania: Curse of Darkness was loose in the sealed case and was very scuffed/scratched up, so they better let me swap it out in the morning.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']ROFLS
Maybe you can take it as a learning lesson and learn to read where it says "no resellers" . It might save you some tears next time.[/quote]

I'm sure I'll get over it, thanks for your concern though.

Does anyone know if the Psyclone PS2 Wireless Controllers are any good? I stopped by a GS today, but they looked tiny and uncomfortable.

got nyko theater experience psp($20) but it didn't work, exchanged it and got an old version. My first one was the revised one, anyone know how to tell the diffrence? packaging is the same.

[quote name='Dante Devil']Has anyone played Condemned for the 360? I willing to bite on the price, but want to know if its worth it.[/QUOTE]
It's one of my favorite games on the 360, actually. I wasn't expecting much, so it was a pleasant surprise. I'd recommend it if you like creepy atmospheric games.

3/4 gamestops I went to had all their games gutted daym no way I was going to buy a new game if it's already opened!

just a brief FYI It appears that the stores that were running the buy 2 get 2 dvd sale have bumped it up to buy 2 get 3 free. At least the two stores in my area that previously had the B2G2 did.

sexcellent day
went to circuit city to return Oddworld stranger's wrath for 12.98 and some tax (its bound to come lower @ EB/GS)
went and returned Space Rangers 2 @ Big Lots (Starforced)

Went to my PC-specialized Gamespot (mighty big) and got
WCIIIx Frozen Throne
Rise of Nations
Starcraft
Magic the gathering

Im sketchy about starcraft, because I already bought a battlechest LONG time ago but misplaced the Brood war disc, anyone else got an extra broodwar disc so i can buy off of you all? of course, under $10

BTW everyone getting Castlevania Dual pack. that is a really good pair of games, but you really have to wait till you play aria of sorrow, easily the best of the two

Thanks for the Heads up on this

Went looking for Champions: Return to Arms

Ended up leaving with

Champions: Return to Arms
Castlevania Double Pack
Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast (PSP)

Didn't see a single 4.99 UMD and the Manager at my store didn't think he had any (?)

My store had all of the games on the floor sealed I could see alot of games getting shop lifted. With the limited room in the store they probably should have just put out 1 gutted copy of each game on sale instead as afew others saw at their stores.

Why are people complaining about not finding the CV 2 pack when its still available online? Coupon code SAVER will get you free shipping, and the game won't have a GS sticker on it.

[quote name='briansraregames']Just curious too, what have you guys been seeing as far as gutted vs non gutted games? I went to 4 local stores today and 3 of them gutted every single copy of every single game on sale, even the 4.99 UMDs. I can't imagine how long it took to do that, what a waste of time.
[/quote]

I gutted 0% of the items at my store. I didn't want to, and I made the point clear to my manager. He ended up agreeing with me, so now we've got all the games, and they're all sealed.

Corp. wants the games gutted so people don't pocket a bunch of games. But if the display is right in front of the register and there is always at least 2 people working its not really needed.

The store I went to today had all the UMDs & accessories sealed but most all of the games were gutted.

[quote name='freshzen']Corp. wants the games gutted so people don't pocket a bunch of games. But if the display is right in front of the register and there is always at least 2 people working its not really needed.
[/quote]

Nope, that's bull. Corp only wanted the games that are more than $19.99 gutted. They said DON'T gut games less than $19.99.

[quote name='icruise']It's one of my favorite games on the 360, actually. I wasn't expecting much, so it was a pleasant surprise. I'd recommend it if you like creepy atmospheric games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I guess I'll pick it up tomorrow.

I'm glad I finally got Castlevania 2x Pack. But what does everyone mean when they say the games were gutted? My copy is still in its shrinkwrap.

[quote name='DQT']I'm glad I finally got Castlevania 2x Pack. But what does everyone mean when they say the games were gutted? My copy is still in its shrinkwrap.[/QUOTE]
It means they were opened and the discs kept behind the counter. EBStop thinks this is somehow an acceptable way to sell "new" product.

[quote name='DQT']I'm glad I finally got Castlevania 2x Pack. But what does everyone mean when they say the games were gutted? My copy is still in its shrinkwrap.[/QUOTE]

Some stores did it, some didnt. I went to 2 in my area, searching for UMDs that didnt come in yet, one had them all out still sealed, the other had them gutted (Even overheard some employees talking about how all the sale games were in a bin so they didnt need to look in the drawers)

[quote name='Jesu']I went to get FEAR for 360 and they said it's still $49.99[/QUOTE]

when i went it wasn't even in the bins. i had the guy ring it up along with my copy of quake 4 straight off the wall and they came up on sale. i'd say go back and have them ring it up if they didn't last time.

the gamestop I went to in the mall and eb was in there also, had all their games sealed, while the one's located next to shopping places plazas, had all their games gutted guess, they did have some shop lifting trouble in the past, but there is security cameras and all..

[quote name='xcoax']when i went it wasn't even in the bins. i had the guy ring it up along with my copy of quake 4 straight off the wall and they came up on sale. i'd say go back and have them ring it up if they didn't last time.[/QUOTE]

They did scan it to find out the price. I have the worst luck.

I was able to get:
Popolocrois
Armored Core
Resident Evil
Resident Evil Apocolypse
You Got Served

I'm going to check tomorrow at Gs because the guy said there would be more movies...I hope he's not lying.

[quote name='Link927']Some stores did it, some didnt. I went to 2 in my area, searching for UMDs that didnt come in yet, one had them all out still sealed, the other had them gutted (Even overheard some employees talking about how all the sale games were in a bin so they didnt need to look in the drawers)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I went to two separate GSs today, and the first one gutted the Outrun 2006 I wanted (bought it anyway), and when I got to the second one (just happened to be going by), I stopped in and sure enough: all the games there were wrapped.

The weird thing about the first GS (my usual one) was that *only* the PSP games were gutted...everything else was wrapped. I ended up buying a wrapped one from the second store and they were willing to accept the one that I'd bought 1.5 hours earlier as a legitimate new return, which I appreciated.

I thought about buying the Castlevania Double Pack and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, but I also bought Loco Roco at CC today, and Daxter and Syphon Filter at BB today (all games $10), so I skipped the stuff for the Nintendo systems.

[quote name='reibeatall']Nope, that's bull. Corp only wanted the games that are more than $19.99 gutted. They said DON'T gut games less than $19.99.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for confirming - I thought that might be the case. Both stores I went to gutted virtually none of the games and I thought that was a bit unusual for GS.

[quote name='Damian']It means they were opened and the discs kept behind the counter. EBStop thinks this is somehow an acceptable way to sell "new" product.[/quote]

thats horrible, i want a new game not an open game case

Nothing in this area is getting gutted. They even had the PS3 games in the regular bin with all the rest of the sale games, all sealed.

I picked up the following UMDs sealed today:
Ghost in the Shell
Cowboy Bebop The Movie
Steamboy
Night warriors Darkstalkers Revenge
The Fifth Element

I past on some other good titles too, mostly I would have got Appleseed but I didn't want to spend more than $25 on UMDs that I'll probably only watch once, heh.

You know, about 3 out of 4 of my local GS stores have told me that their 'cameras' don't really work, especially the one(s) where I still get the pennied items from. I doubt the employees would risk their DM seeing a security video of them giving out products they're supposed to destroy if they had to worry about such a thing.

So, for the people who said the employees mentioned the cameras, maybe they meant the other mall cameras? With knowing how cheap GS is on trade values, I'm pretty sure they don't want to have to spend the $$$ on cams too.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You know, about 3 out of 4 of my local GS stores have told me that their 'cameras' don't really work, especially the one(s) where I still get the pennied items from. I doubt the employees would risk their DM seeing a security video of them giving out products they're supposed to destroy if they had to worry about such a thing.

So, for the people who said the employees mentioned the cameras, maybe they meant the other mall cameras? With knowing how cheap GS is on trade values, I'm pretty sure they don't want to have to spend the $$$ on cams too.[/quote]

what's the point of putting in cameras if it doesn't work? Back then I remember asking an employee to check out the prices on some guides. He went ahead and say I could have them as they were pennied out. Nowadays I give up on hunting for pennied out guides as gas is expensive.

Hey guys! I went to my favorite GameStop to take advantage of the extra $20 on console trade-ins. Figured it's the last chance to get rid of my GBA SP and my micro for a decent return.

As we all know here in the CAG war room, the published ad only excludes "game boy color and original game boy advance." For some reason, though, the GameStop computers are *not* applying the additional $20 to GBA SP and micro trade-ins.

The guys hesitated for a minute but ultimately punched it through with a manual override (*that's* why it's my favorite GameStop.. the guys who work there are genuinely cool about stuff).

So anyway, I think we may need to call a YMMV on this deal or at least throw a caution flag.

I went to a GS near my house in Wash, DC area and everything was gutted, even my $9.99 copy of Castlevania I bought. It is in a rather ghetto area though (Bars on windows and doors for example) so perhaps thats why they did it. But yeah, they just put little white stickers over the edge and stuff, but the sticker was easy to remove and then could easily be put back on...

I'm not condoning this, but the flaw in this is that someone could buy it, play it, then 'return' it by putting the sticker back on, then the gamestop/eb could re-sell it as new again?

If they are gonna keep the discs behind the register...why not just keep the whole thing there...I don't think this is the best way to handle it.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']I picked up the 2GB SD Card for my Wii. Great deal.[/QUOTE]
Not really. I mean, if you need one right away it's almost equal to anything else you can get B&M right now (OD has one for $20 this week too, 110% price match it somewhere else). You can routinely get 2GB SD cards for much less than $20. There's not even any online deals right now that I know of and you could still do better.

Here's one at Amazon for $14.99
You could also potentially GCO this one at Buy.com to $15.01 shipped.

Not trying to crap on your enjoyment, I'm just saying we're CAG and our standards are a little higher for a "great" deal.

[quote name='cdrober']If they are gonna keep the discs behind the register...why not just keep the whole thing there...I don't think this is the best way to handle it.[/QUOTE]
If you go to a REAL game store (come on people, they still exist!), they will usually have the whole place surrounded with glass cases to display their games, as well as several racks behind the cases.

For some odd reason this is too much of a complication for GameStop, although I think it's bull. They should treat their products better (pitching used DS game cases to save room is beyond idiotic). Only put used game cases on the floor and surround the rest of the place with glass cases and a walkway behind for employees :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back