GS/EB Preorder a game 29.99 or more get 50% of any preowned game

[quote name='brianrdm']Does gamestop.com now no longer guarantee cover art and manual again? I thought it was a huge deal they were guaranteeing that on used games, but here i am trying to use this deal, and heavy rain says it does not guarantee either. WTF![/QUOTE]

That's GS for you. What i've done in the past is simply go into a local GS and exchange the generic crap they send my game in for the actual cover art and manual. The condition of the disc for used games is also hit and miss. It really depends on how particular you are about things like that

[quote name='GUNNM'] Preorder a game 29.99 or more [/QUOTE]

okay how about a 29.99 game and getting a 49.99 game at half off..

might order

Etrian Odyssey 3 and pick up a game for half off since im going to be buying the game anyways on amazon.

too bad i cant find a used game i really want and that i know would come complete

Would love to see come in but doubtful

PSP
Kingdom hearts birth by sleep 16.50

Ds

couldn't help but not to use this deal bought Blazblue CS for $14 shipped after saver,50% and 10% off with edge

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']Fix it or expect to be taken advantage of. A few CAGs exploiting a deal doesn't mean GS is going to stop offering deals, lol[/QUOTE]

I didn't say the would stop offering deals, I said they would stop offering deals that are worth the time to a CAG.

Damn this thread title had me fooled...thought it would be in store also. My local store just got in a used copy of MPT that I'd love to snag for $20.

:cry:

Just ordered Ghost Trick for the DS and got Madden 11 for $21.50! First football game I've bought since NFL2k. It was either Madden or Mafia 2 but I was tired of playing the Madden demo like it was a real game with my brother o_O
Also used SAVER for free shipping :)

FYI. Madden sucks. If you want a great football game this year NCAA is much better. I buy all the football games every year and NCAA is the best fottball game I've played in years.

As for thus deal, does anyone know how long it's good for?

[quote name='ravens52bears54']

As for thus deal, does anyone know how long it's good for?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it'll go on much longer, they can't be making a profit off this. I'd say it won't last into next month, though that's just a guess.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I doubt it'll go on much longer, they can't be making a profit off this. I'd say it won't last into next month, though that's just a guess.[/QUOTE]
Ok. Yeah, it's weird because usually most deals have a disclaimer telling you when the deal ends but this one doesn't.

I was going to order the Borderlands GOTY along with TRansformers for half price but K-Mart's Halo Reach deal is too good to pass up. I think I'll get Transformers with that deal and Crackdown 2 with this one.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Great attitude. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Received my games today - both unreadable. And you wonder why I have such an attitude towards GS, lol

I've only ordered a few used games from GS.com and they have been in great condition. One was MGS Twin Snakes for the Gamecube which is kind of tough to find in stores so I figured it would be all banged up. Nope.

Of course I finally decide to pull the trigger on Borderlands GOTY and Crackdown 2(used) and of course now Crackdown isn't available online. Of course.

[quote name='CaoPi']still active anyone try reordering a second order to maximize the deal?[/QUOTE]
already on my 6th order ;)

thx op!
so idk why i didnt think of it b4
but because of this deal ima start preordering a game just to get the exclusive dlc and then return them and then rebuy them when they are cheaper!
im sure alot of people already do this but they are probably more clever

[quote name='josh62488']thx op!
so idk why i didnt think of it b4
but because of this deal ima start preordering a game just to get the exclusive dlc and then return them and then rebuy them when they are cheaper!
im sure alot of people already do this but they are probably more clever[/QUOTE]

i would think the register voids the dlc codes when you return the related item.

[quote name='Donut2922']i would think the register voids the dlc codes when you return the related item.[/QUOTE]
They aren't that sophisticated and you can enter the codes prior to returning the game. It's not something I do but you definitely can.

As for this deal, I'm so spoiled by Amazon. Paying tax kills it for me. Crackdown 2 came back in stock and I was a ll set to place my order. Once I got to the last step and realized, even after the EDGE card, that I was basically paying $80 for Borderlands and a used Crackdown 2, I changed my mind. It just doesn't feel like much of a deal to me.

Especially since I know Crackdown will continue to drop and Borderlands probably won't be $60 for long.

[quote name='muffin1man']Just ordered Ghost Trick for the DS and got Madden 11 for $21.50! First football game I've bought since NFL2k. It was either Madden or Mafia 2 but I was tired of playing the Madden demo like it was a real game with my brother o_O
Also used SAVER for free shipping :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely preorder Ghost Trick to get something else.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']They aren't that sophisticated and you can enter the codes prior to returning the game. It's not something I do but you definitely can.

As for this deal, I'm so spoiled by Amazon. Paying tax kills it for me. Crackdown 2 came back in stock and I was a ll set to place my order. Once I got to the last step and realized, even after the EDGE card, that I was basically paying $80 for Borderlands and a used Crackdown 2, I changed my mind. It just doesn't feel like much of a deal to me.

Especially since I know Crackdown will continue to drop and Borderlands probably won't be $60 for long.[/QUOTE]

My crackdown 2 just shipped, and I don't pay tax, but damn this is less than $15, how much lower you think it will go? This is actually one of the better non-glitch deals they have had all year, you can get pretty much any game for around $15-$20.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']They aren't that sophisticated and you can enter the codes prior to returning the game. It's not something I do but you definitely can.

Especially since I know Crackdown will continue to drop and Borderlands probably won't be $60 for long.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps but they still would have the related account with the redeemed DLC - so sounds still a little risky but I hear ya.

[quote name='deckerro']My crackdown 2 just shipped, and I don't pay tax, but damn this is less than $15, how much lower you think it will go? This is actually one of the better non-glitch deals they have had all year, you can get pretty much any game for around $15-$20.[/QUOTE]
It's not so much about how low Crackdown will get but more about Borderlands. I really didn't want to pay full price for it and when you couple both games together, plus the tax, it's just not much of a deal. I could look at it another way like I'm paying full price ($40) for a USED copy of Crackdown 2 and getting Borderlands for $40. It seems even worse of a deal that way.

I think the $60 price point of Borderlands is too high. The regular version just dropped to $30 MSRP so even with all four DLC packs you're looking at $70. Wow, you're saving a whole $10. I see it dropping to $40 pretty quickly but who knows? And unfortunately that is the only pre-order game I want that I don't already have ordered.

By the way, does anyone know the in-store price for used Crackdown? I know on the site it says the price is online only. I have a feeling it's the typical few dollars more in-store. Probably $36.99 or something dumb.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaoPi']locked in my 3rd order seems Metroid other is now back in stock sweet deal for 18 shipped[/QUOTE]

Just did the same with Ghost Trick and Other M. With this deal do you get charged everything upfront or is it still based on when each item ships?

[quote name='Fatbot3']Just did the same with Ghost Trick and Other M. With this deal do you get charged everything upfront or is it still based on when each item ships?[/QUOTE]
As always, they charge when it ships so preorder won't charge until it ships.

Are they not letting people cancel preorders? I ordered Uncharted 2/Black Ops but I wanted to cancel it and go with Green Day Rock Band/Black Ops.

I want to do this for Tales of the Abyss. But $10 off, then shipping is $3 and I can't get SAVER to work. So really preordering full price just to get $7 off an old used PS2 game? Arg, I can't see how this is a deal because if CAG16 and SAVER stack, that's over $6 off right there.

I was able to place an order with my Edge discount, SAVER and SAVE50. I wanted to use CAG16, SAVER and SAVE50, but this combination didn't work for me last night.

I think being able to get 50% off an used game is still a pretty decent deal.

anyone know how long this deal will last?

I also saw something odd...if you look at the games for pre order it lists some ps2 games for novemeber like toy story 3...this is weird cuz toy stroy 3 was already released

there a few orders listed for ps2 like wwe all stars...

thought it might be a error but maybe it's not

[quote name='stoned99']Anyone tried to use a 10$/20$ off code with this deal ?[/QUOTE]

what is it never heard of....

Edit: Answered my own question, thanks!

Edit2: Wow, LameStop! I can't pick up in-store on the preorder...

I knew they were going to make sure they would rape people somehow, still.

I'm kind of upset. I took advantage of this deal on Saturday, I preordered Assassins Creed Brotherhood and chose Red Dead Redemption as my half off game. Today I received RDR and It had no manual and no case, it was disc only in a sleeve! On top of that, the disc was scratched like hell! To make matters worse, they mentioned on their website that if you order a new or used copy of RDR they would send you a code to get the latest DLC for free, and I didn't even get that! Thankfully after a quick toss in my CD repairer I was able to get the game working. But even for $20, I feel this is unacceptable.

I have to admit, this is the first time I have ever ordered off of their website and I am sorely disappointed. I can only hope that when they ship Assassins Creed: Brotherhood that I get the correct version and nothing is broken. I doubt I'll ever order off of their website again after this.

[quote name='josh62488']anyone know how long this deal will last?

I also saw something odd...if you look at the games for pre order it lists some ps2 games for novemeber like toy story 3...this is weird cuz toy stroy 3 was already released

there a few orders listed for ps2 like wwe all stars...

thought it might be a error but maybe it's not[/QUOTE]

If you look on Amazon you'll see that Toy Story 3 has not been released for the PS2 yet and is up for Pre-order for Nov. So it's not a mistake: http://www.amazon.com/Toy-Story-Vid..._3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1284609770&sr=8-3

and WWE All stars has not come out yet for any system

[quote name='Aughiskie']I'm kind of upset. I took advantage of this deal on Saturday, I preordered Assassins Creed Brotherhood and chose Red Dead Redemption as my half off game. Today I received RDR and It had no manual and no case, it was disc only in a sleeve! On top of that, the disc was scratched like hell! To make matters worse, they mentioned on their website that if you order a new or used copy of RDR they would send you a code to get the latest DLC for free, and I didn't even get that! Thankfully after a quick toss in my CD repairer I was able to get the game working. But even for $20, I feel this is unacceptable.

I have to admit, this is the first time I have ever ordered off of their website and I am sorely disappointed. I can only hope that when they ship Assassins Creed: Brotherhood that I get the correct version and nothing is broken. I doubt I'll ever order off of their website again after this.[/QUOTE]

you should have no problems doing an exchange in store, the only time I got disc only without manual and cover art was some old ps2 sport title

Thinking of doing this one last time with GOW and SW:TFU Sith Edition. I'm pretty sure they always send the tin but there were some collectable images that I'm sure will be missing. Anyone ever order that and actually get it complete?

My crackdown 2 for $15 and Madden for $20 just came, both complete and in pretty good shape. Madden trades for nearly double that at Amazon, so that worked out pretty well.

[quote name='fei33']I went ahead and took advantage of the deal. I preordered Knights in the Nightmare (PSP) for $29.99 since it comes with a promotional code for a free digital copy of Yggdra Union (PSP). I ended up getting Madden NFL 2011 (PS3) for $20 as my SAVE50 game.[/QUOTE]

I'm preordering the Knights in the Nightmare too in order to get the free game, but my half off game is Hexyz Force.

Was able to stack SAVER for free shipping as well.

--Edit--
Received my used copy of Hexyz Force, which came as disc only in a replacement UMD. The generic case was so beat up that it won't stay shut anymore and the tabs that hold the UMD in place are broken.

A guy I talked to at my local gamestop said they are drastically changing the way they take trade in's and they are doing a rewards/points program for edge card members, along with changes to DLC. They are now going to sell DLC there and have it set to DL on your system when you get home. He said when they launch this in mid OCT that an email is going out to all members about the changes along with a coupon for buy 2 get 1 free on used games. Any gamestop dudes here can confirm this? Im a newbie so if I should start a new thread let me know

[quote name='schaft0620']A guy I talked to at my local gamestop said they are drastically changing the way they take trade in's and they are doing a rewards/points program for edge card members, along with changes to DLC. They are now going to sell DLC there and have it set to DL on your system when you get home. He said when they launch this in mid OCT that an email is going out to all members about the changes along with a coupon for buy 2 get 1 free on used games. Any gamestop dudes here can confirm this? Im a newbie so if I should start a new thread let me know[/QUOTE]

They have been doing this in test markets for a couple months now, so it wouldn't surprise me if it started to go nation wide soon.

my 1st order came in today Blazblue CS disc looking brand spanking new, complete, for $16 after taxes I can't complain

[quote name='madogmgd']Can i preorder a game. Order the 50% off game.
As soon as i get the game cancel my pre order?[/QUOTE]

If you do that they WILL have you arrested and fined for $30,000 for fraud. Since getting games off at 50% is a good deal, the rest of us don't care and will spend time in the slammer BECAUSE WE ARE CAG.

bread's done
Back