GS/EB Preorder a game 29.99 or more get 50% of any preowned game

[quote name='$hady']Not as bad as I feared! Received the PO Madden 11 today that I ordered last friday morning. It's complete with heavily stickered case (I have a pile of new replacements), artwork, manual (unclaimed online code worth $7-8 on Ebay) and a like new looking disc. It was freaking disgusting in the center hole when I opened it I was like WTF how dirty was they fingers????????? I cleaned it up and it looks pristine now.

Glad I locked in the $39.25 Amazon trade price as it is only getting $28.50 right now. Not bad for $22 plus I will sell the online code.:D

Reach is still $25 -> $39 if you can get one.[/QUOTE]

Ha, same here! I got 3 copies of Madden that I just sent off for trade @ $39.95 as well, each one only costing just under $20, big time profit!:D

[quote name='sharpeone']Well, received my Star Wars Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition today. It was the fastest shipping I have received from Gamestop. Of course, it didn't come with manual or any of the extras I was hoping for :(. Unfortunately, there is not a gamestop within 40 miles of me who has one in stock to where I can go and exchange it.[/QUOTE]

I got my SW Unleashed: Sith Edition last week. The collectors tin case was in VERY good shape. I cleaned it off with rubbing alcohol and it looked brand new.

The disc where in decent shape - Light scratches. I installed both of them on my 360's hard drive, hopefully that means the console will play the game with no issues.

It did NOT come with a Manual or collectors card, etc. Only case and the 2 disc.

But honestly, for $24 bucks for this rare item, im content.

[quote name='Viol8tor']I got my SW Unleashed: Sith Edition last week. The collectors tin case was in VERY good shape. I cleaned it off with rubbing alcohol and it looked brand new.

The disc where in decent shape - Light scratches. I installed both of them on my 360's hard drive, hopefully that means the console will play the game with no issues.

It did NOT come with a Manual or collectors card, etc. Only case and the 2 disc.

But honestly, for $24 bucks for this rare item, im content.[/QUOTE]

Doh man! You rubbed off the Midi-chlorians! They were on the outside of the case. Now its just SW Unleashed: Edition

[quote name='grumpier']Doh man! You rubbed off the Midi-chlorians! They were on the outside of the case. Now its just SW Unleashed: Edition[/QUOTE]

vader_noo.jpg

Ok, I'll give this a shot. I'll try to limit my cancellations because I don't want to feel too guilty, but moving some GS credit to Amazon at a profit is too tempting. In for a couple NHL 11s.

Castlevania comes with a shirt, you can always receive the game and then return it like a week later in store. Achievement unlocks if you actually wear the shirt when you return the game. :D

I'd be cautious everyone who is trying to flip GS.com used to Amazon. Remember they need to be complete/good condition and if your local GS doesn't have books/cases fresh discs you might be needing to return the used game.

[quote name='$hady']Not as bad as I feared! Received the PO Madden 11 today that I ordered last friday morning. It's complete with heavily stickered case (I have a pile of new replacements), artwork, manual (unclaimed online code worth $7-8 on Ebay) and a like new looking disc. It was freaking disgusting in the center hole when I opened it I was like WTF how dirty was they fingers????????? I cleaned it up and it looks pristine now.

Glad I locked in the $39.25 Amazon trade price as it is only getting $28.50 right now. Not bad for $22 plus I will sell the online code.:D

Reach is still $25 -> $39 if you can get one.[/QUOTE]

how can you tell if the code is valid without actually redeeming it?

I was hoping to get the guaranteed street date delivery on 2K11 but unfortunately, they pulled the coupon. Don't think i wanna wait 3 days just to get Red Dead for half price.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']how can you tell if the code is valid without actually redeeming it?[/QUOTE]

Honestly i'm retarded, I must not have been thinking at all when I got it or posted. The mail did come rather early this morning! I was like awesome a code as well! :bomb: I always check codes from the XBL dashboard before selling/trading. You can check if a code is still valid without actually redeeming the code, it will show what it's for then ask to redeem or cancel. EA you have to do it in game probably don't have an option to cancel.. I just tried the code on my 2nd 360 account downstairs and it was already redeemed. WHOMP WHAA whaaa :dunce:

When Madden came out I had to wait a couple days past release because of whatever deal I got online I forget now.. Rented it at Family Video on release day for $2.99 2 day rental and snapped a picture of the code off a manual of a game I didn't rent. Went home used that code on my 360, then I Ebayed the code in the manual of my rental and sold the code from my online purchase when it arrived as well. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='$hady']When Madden came out I had to wait a couple days past release because of whatever deal I got online I forget now.. Rented it at Family Video on release day for $2.99 2 day rental and snapped a picture of the code off a manual of a game I didn't rent. Went home used that code on my 360, then I Ebayed the code in the manual of my rental and sold the code from my online purchase when it arrived as well. LOL[/QUOTE]

Username makes post.

Picked up Force Unleashed Sith Edition and Xenosaga III for half off with Sonic Colors DS and Super Scribblenauts, respectively. ~$15 to upgrade my regular TFU to Sith after trading it in to Dealtree and $9 to complete my Xenosaga trilogy sounds good to me. Both games are showing used copies at stores around me so I should be able to switch out if needed. Preordered the DS games mostly for the bonuses (what can I say? I'm a sucker for silly hats).

It's still applying it for me.

EDIT: They did just add a "One discount per person" to the deal though so if you've already ordered something you won't be able to again unless you make a new account.

Damn, was hoping this was going to last until nba 2k11 or dead rising 2 were available used so I could get it 50% off w/ Gran Turismo 5 pre-order

well i got Uncharted 2, Green Day Rock Band and Halo Reach out of this for like $55 total, so I'm happy. too bad Modnation never came in stock though.

[quote name='foreinter']It's dead. Gamestop sucks[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Gamestop sucks! How dare they end a promotion after only 3 weeks? They'll probably stop all their Black Friday sales before Christmas too. Jerks.

[quote name='kart007k']They are very smart. They killed this deal before Halo Reach went in stock.[/QUOTE]
Its been in stock all day.

Was hoping for a used copy of front mission evolved =[

My $24.99 Reach shipped this afternoon. YAY. :D

Didn't go crazy like yall but between Madden, Reach $50.35 -> $78.25 Amazon credit for doing basically nothing isn't bad. Hopefully Reach will be perfect like Madden was and I won't have to visit GS to swap stuff out. :D

Site cancelled both preorder with no problems at all. I changed my mind...

[quote name='$hady']My $24.99 Reach shipped this afternoon. YAY. :D

Didn't go crazy like yall but between Madden, Reach $50.35 -> $78.25 Amazon credit for doing basically nothing isn't bad. Hopefully Reach will be perfect like Madden was and I won't have to visit GS to swap stuff out. :D[/QUOTE]

i did 3 copies of madden 11 and 3 copies of NHL 11

[quote name='killerthrust']i did 3 copies of madden 11 and 3 copies of NHL 11[/QUOTE]

Buy me something from Amazon? ;)

They sell Gamestop gift cards!

[quote name='$hady']Buy me something from Amazon? ;)

They sell Gamestop gift cards![/QUOTE]

lol do they really? im saving up for a new motherboard and cpu through amazon. im going to spend 400 dollars real money to get 800 dollars worth of stuff. im happy. On top of that i won LB2 through the subway frenzy thing which im planing to trade into amazon when the trade value gets to 40

[quote name='killerthrust']lol do they really? im saving up for a new motherboard and cpu through amazon. im going to spend 400 dollars real money to get 800 dollars worth of stuff. im happy. On top of that i won LB2 through the subway frenzy thing which im planing to trade into amazon when the trade value gets to 40[/QUOTE]

Hah, hate to stay off topic, but I'm intending on pooling my Amazon credit to get an iPod and replace my stupid Sansa.

Got my $25 used Reach yesterday it's in pristine condition minus the 2 stickers GS slapped on the case and the code was missed No biggie I have a small stack of replacement 360 cases. I was surprised to go 2 for 2 on complete perfect conditon games from this sale. :D

sucks they now get Kingdom hearts BBS used and the code does not work

loved to get BBS and FF 4 lights

LOL called in gamestop to tell them to take the page down and the worker said I HACKED the site and put the coupon back up..

Told them whatever

[quote name='$hady']Got my $25 used Reach yesterday it's in pristine condition minus the 2 stickers GS slapped on the case and the code was missed No biggie I have a small stack of replacement 360 cases. I was surprised to go 2 for 2 on complete perfect conditon games from this sale. :D[/QUOTE]

With how new Reach is if you got anything less I'd be shocked

[quote name='kidrocklive']With how new Reach is if you got anything less I'd be shocked[/QUOTE]

Actually, my copy of Reach was a disc only with a crappy black case.

[quote name='kidrocklive']With how new Reach is if you got anything less I'd be shocked[/QUOTE]

Got mine today. No manual and a big chip missing from the edge. It'll play online multiplayer but not the campaign. It's a good thing this was so cheap and I have Dead Rising 2 and, soon, NBA 2k11 to keep me busy.

bread's done
Back