GS/EB Promos 3/26-4/15 -> Trade 2 360 games, $10 extra; trade 2 Wii/PS3 games, get 1

allout1986

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Before you say anything about these being posted again, I wanted to have a thread that has all of the promotions in one place instead of them scattered throughout the forum. I posted prior deals last year for Gamestop/EB and just opened the new marketing kit today for this. All of the following deals start 3/26 and will end on 4/15. There is a possibility that I missed something from the marketing kit. If so, please PM me and post the deal in the thread for others. I will update the OP according to the details of the deal that you give me.

[EDGE/Gamestop Card owners] - You will get the bonus 10% on all trades of games/accessories/DVDs. It will NOT work with systems. It will stack with all trade in promos unless otherwise noted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trade Deals

Trade 2 Xbox 360 games, get an extra $10 in credit. Exclusions are the burger king games.

Trade in a PS2 (any model w/Sony controller and hookups... must be in working order), an extra Sony controller, and any PS2 memory card to get $100 in credit when applied towards a PS3.

Trade 2 PS3 games and get a free PS3 game priced at $59.99 or less.

Trade 2 Wii games and get a free Wii game priced at $49.99 or less. Wii Sports is not accepted in trade. Far Cry: Instints, Open Season, and Wii Play do not qualify for this promo.

POWER TRADE: Any trades of games towards either new Pokemon game (Diamond/Pearl) or Halo 3, get 20% extra in credit on the trade. *Reservation customers will receive a free stylus when picking up this game. If you have both reserved, you will get a Pokemon themed holder for the 2 different styli (styluses).

All trades towards reservations get 10% extra in credit. This does not stack on top of the Power Trade offer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Random Deals

1 GB Sandisk PSP memory card for $29.99 - Down from $44.99

2 GB Sandisk PSP memory card for $49.99 - Down from $79.99

Buy Arena Football: Road to Glory (NEW) for the PS2 and get a free* RAZOR phone. *phone is free with 2 yr. activation of plan through Verizon.

Buy 2 get 1 free on used DVDs will continue for stores that carry them.

Stores that are not carrying DVDs anymore (or taking trades) will be offering a Buy 2 get 2 free on them.

Buy Destroy All Humans 2, Spongebob: Creature from the Krusty Krab, Bratz Diamondz, Cars, Nicktoons: Volcano Island, or Avatar and receive $5 off of the purchase price.

75% off all PSX/N64 games if your local store carries them.

Buy Making History: The Calm and the Storm and get Space Empires V or Brigade E5 for $9.99

$5.00 off Spongebob Creature from the Krust Krab (All formats)
$5.00 off Bratz Diamondz
$5.00 off Cars (All formats)
$5.00 off Avatar (All formats)

Power Trade works on Halo 3 reservation as well as Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

Power Trade only works on trade in for games not dvd's and accessories.. says so on the sign at least.

Is the 75% off thing for PS1/N64 games nationwide or YMMV? I'm skeptical because I've heard of a lot of deals for old games at EB/GS (B1G1, 50% off, etc.) but I've never seen them at any of the stores around here.

Question.. how come the EB/GS website under the Trade In Value section it says Trade in 3 Xbox360 games for extra $10..and here it says 2?

[quote name='lilboo']Question.. how come the EB/GS website under the Trade In Value section it says Trade in 3 Xbox360 games for extra $10..and here it says 2?[/QUOTE]
Because the deal doesn't change until tomorrow (the 26th). You'll notice the asterisk points out that Trade 3 get $10 expires on the 25th.

Wow, if my store gets the 75% off N64 games it would be fantastic. They randomly have a bunch of sealed copies of a few older games and I've just wanted some sealed N64 games to have for collecting purposes, but could never bring myself to spend $4.99 on them. $1.25 or so sounds more like it.

heh, i got 2 wii games at target for a total of $35 (ant bully and poker) and went to the ebgames near there and they tried to deny me the deal (2 for 1) saying it ending this morning:roll: , of course the signs were still there clearly on the shelf so i called corporate and they called the store and told them to do it...idiots

for some reason though they couldnt do it the proper way and had to do it manually

[quote name='Damian']Because the deal doesn't change until tomorrow (the 26th). You'll notice the asterisk points out that Trade 3 get $10 expires on the 25th.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, the power of actually reading the headline clearly lol
Thanks ;)

POWER TRADE: Any trades of games towards either new Pokemon game (Diamond/Pearl) or Halo 3, get 20% extra in credit on the trade. *Reservation customers will receive a free stylus when picking up this game. If you have both reserved, you will get a Pokemon themed holder for the 2 different styli (styluses).

Anyway to get that bonus, then transfer the pre-order to another game?

[quote name='GBKeroberos']Is the 75% off thing for PS1/N64 games nationwide or YMMV? I'm skeptical because I've heard of a lot of deals for old games at EB/GS (B1G1, 50% off, etc.) but I've never seen them at any of the stores around here.[/QUOTE]

Also would like to know this. If it's nationwide, does anyone know when it started?

Ditto the question about transferring credit - can you put down a pre-order, then just use the credit for something else?

ALSO, does anybody know what GS gives for FFXI on 360? I got denied trying to trade in two Tony Hawk's together to get the +$10 ("we can't take 2 of the same game"). FFXI is the only other game I have to trade. Checked Wiki - didn't find FFXI even on there and most Wiki prices appear to be outdated...

[quote name='whitereflection']Also would like to know this. If it's nationwide, does anyone know when it started?[/quote]

Starts Monday 3/26, and it should be nationwide, but YMMV in the case that your store still has any Playstation one or N64 games.

[quote name='chosen1s']Ditto the question about transferring credit - can you put down a pre-order, then just use the credit for something else?

ALSO, does anybody know what GS gives for FFXI on 360? I got denied trying to trade in two Tony Hawk's together to get the +$10 ("we can't take 2 of the same game"). FFXI is the only other game I have to trade. Checked Wiki - didn't find FFXI even on there and most Wiki prices appear to be outdated...[/quote]

yes you can use the credit for something else, however I recommend going to another location if planning on doing this relatively shortly after trade.
I actually traded games in and put credit towards crackdown, when I picked it up and paid rest in cash, I then decided didn't want and when I took it back to another gamestop I recieved all cash back!

[quote name='chosen1s']Ditto the question about transferring credit - can you put down a pre-order, then just use the credit for something else?

ALSO, does anybody know what GS gives for FFXI on 360? I got denied trying to trade in two Tony Hawk's together to get the +$10 ("we can't take 2 of the same game"). FFXI is the only other game I have to trade. Checked Wiki - didn't find FFXI even on there and most Wiki prices appear to be outdated...[/quote]

EB/Gamestop doesn't take in FFXI for trade. Sorry.

Does the flyer specifically say 06 sports games don't qualify cos I traded a bunch in for the "extra $10 on 3 360 games" last week.

Also does anyone know if Top Spin 2 will count as an 06 sport game?

[quote name='benjamouth']Does the flyer specifically say 06 sports games don't qualify[/quote]
I second this question - if it doesn't, then this is a good opportunity for me to actually get something for my copy of NBA 2K6 for 360. Otherwise I think I'd have to pay GS to take it :)

[quote name='trax']I second this question - if it doesn't, then this is a good opportunity for me to actually get something for my copy of NBA 2K6 for 360. Otherwise I think I'd have to pay GS to take it :)[/QUOTE]

To answer both of you - I was in there yesterday and read the fine print on the giant poster they had up. It said nothing about sports games on it (the only games it listed as not qualified were the Burger King Sneak King, etc games).

That, of course, didn't stop the store from turning me down when I tried to turn in 2 copies of Tony Hawk's American Wasteland together - but supposedly that's an ongoing "policy" of Gamestop's to refuse more than one copy of a game at a time.

I was at a local Gamestop last week and the N64/PS1 games were B1G1F. The prices kinda sucked but I purchased Earthworm Jim 3D and Super Mario 64 for $15.xx. Not the best deal, but it was for my girlfriend.

But if the 75% off applies nationwide at the register, then I'd be all over that lot! Especially if it somehow stacks with the in-store promotion.

[quote name='benjamouth']Does the flyer specifically say 06 sports games don't qualify cos I traded a bunch in for the "extra $10 on 3 360 games" last week.

Also does anyone know if Top Spin 2 will count as an 06 sport game?[/quote]

Yea, I reread the poster that was put up and it didn't have anything about it so I removed it from the OP.

[quote name='benjamouth']Does the flyer specifically say 06 sports games don't qualify cos I traded a bunch in for the "extra $10 on 3 360 games" last week.[/QUOTE]

06 games worked for me, as they took MLB 06 (And I thought that piece of garbage was going to haunt my shelves forever.). Not a bad deal when stacked w/ the edge card.

GOW + MLB 06 yielded Oblivion used for $7.49.

Well got some good deals today:

psx:

front mission 3
battle arena Toshinden
mega man legends
mega man legends 2
The king of fighters 95
Bushido Blade
soul blade
dead or alive

DVD:

Matrix revisited

Total cost less than 16 dollars :)

[quote name='kosmos13x']Well got some good deals today:

psx:

front mission 3
battle arena Toshinden
mega man legends
mega man legends 2
The king of fighters 95
Bushido Blade
soul blade
dead or alive

DVD:

Matrix revisited

Total cost less than 16 dollars :)[/QUOTE]

Lucky man. I didn't thnk KOF 95 could even be found outside of ebay anymore.

I got for $25

Rhaspody
Breath of fire 4 X2
Persona 2
Resident Evil 3 Nemesis
Saiyuki X2

All are for trade if anyone is intrested

yeah, it is... I took advantage earlier this morn.

[quote name='zewone']Has anyone confirmed this deal to be now in effect? It still says trade 3 360 games on the site.[/quote]

Well, I consider myself a true CAG now.

Syphon Filter 3
Gekido
Brave Fencer Musashi
Chess
Digimon Digital Card Battle
Rayman Rush
Um Jammer Lammy
Harvest Moon 64
Breath of Fire 4
Suikoden
N64 RumbleX3
N64 MemoryX3
Dreamcast Controller

$33 bucks (manager let me use employee discount and edge card

[quote name='mariofan361']Well, I consider myself a true CAG now.

Syphon Filter 3
Gekido
Brave Fencer Musashi
Chess
Digimon Digital Card Battle
Rayman Rush
Um Jammer Lammy
Harvest Moon 64
Breath of Fire 4
Suikoden
N64 RumbleX3
N64 MemoryX3
Dreamcast Controller

$33 bucks (manager let me use employee discount and edge card

Is the trade in 2 Xbox 360 games and get $10. extra nationwide ? I just called a couple of my local Gamestops and they have no special deals running at the moment. :cry:

Some employees are clueless. Last time I took in a coupon from a flyer available on the gamestop website they scrutinized it for 5 minutes because they had no idea it existed. I'm going to call before heading over there but if they deny the deal exists I don't know any way to convince them since it's not on their website.

Could anyone who is trading in 360 games post the trade values they get here? If you can't add them to the wiki yourself I will do it. We get complaints that the wiki prices are out of date, but then no one ever posts their trade values - they just say they got $xx total for everything, or they picked up some other game with the credit. The wiki isn't some magical self-updating creature, after all. It needs to be fed data ;).

It is particularly important during these "extra $10" promos to know what the games get to start with. $5 per game is nice, but not if the game only had a base value of $1 or something. For example, what is the current value of College Hoops 2K6? I have that to trade, but not much else at the moment.

[quote name='SleekerToy']

It has to be done manually. Its the only way.[/quote]

they seemed to make a huge deal out of it...especially since he had to mess with the numbers to get it to work...might of been since that store has idiots working there

[quote name='kobeisgod']I called two gamestop stores in san diego, one denied the deal existed and the other sais it was on.[/quote]

Just walk in and point to the sign they should have up :p

I don't have my reciept but the values for college hoops 2k6 and NHL 2k6 were either $4 or $5. I don't remember which was which.

[quote name='io']Could anyone who is trading in 360 games post the trade values they get here? If you can't add them to the wiki yourself I will do it. We get complaints that the wiki prices are out of date, but then no one ever posts their trade values - they just say they got $xx total for everything, or they picked up some other game with the credit. The wiki isn't some magical self-updating creature, after all. It needs to be fed data ;).

It is particularly important during these "extra $10" promos to know what the games get to start with. $5 per game is nice, but not if the game only had a base value of $1 or something. For example, what is the current value of College Hoops 2K6? I have that to trade, but not much else at the moment.[/quote]

called this past week to maximize my value (when it was 3 for $10 extra)... here's what i got w/o edge card and deal (off-hand, so maybe a dollar wrong give or take)

lego star wars II- 17
saints row- 17
oblivion- 24
xbox live arcade unplugged- 7
gun- 6
the outfit- 7
dead or alive 4- 12 (might be gamecrazy)
kameo- 7
pdz (either)- 5
quake 4- 5
call of duty 2- 8

i'll try to find a list of this stuff, but i think it's pretty reliable
as always, call your local store for price fluctuations beforehand

[quote name='io']Could anyone who is trading in 360 games post the trade values they get here? If you can't add them to the wiki yourself I will do it. We get complaints that the wiki prices are out of date, but then no one ever posts their trade values - they just say they got $xx total for everything, or they picked up some other game with the credit. The wiki isn't some magical self-updating creature, after all. It needs to be fed data ;).

It is particularly important during these "extra $10" promos to know what the games get to start with. $5 per game is nice, but not if the game only had a base value of $1 or something. For example, what is the current value of College Hoops 2K6? I have that to trade, but not much else at the moment.[/quote]

Last two weeks I've traded -

TMNT - $22
Top Spin 2 - $8
NFS: Most Wanted - $10
FIFA: RTTWC - $5
FIFA World Cup - $5
NBA Live 06 - $4
Phantasy Star Universe - $12
Blazing Angels - $14
Chromehounds - $8 (I think, haven't got my receipt to hand)

Promotion is running at the Union Square Gamestop in Manhattan.

Today I traded in:

Phantasy Star Universe - $12.00
Ninety-Nine Nights - $9.00

And got another $10 credit from the promotion.

bread's done
Back