GS/EB Promos 3/26-4/15 -> Trade 2 360 games, $10 extra; trade 2 Wii/PS3 games, get 1

allout1986

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Before you say anything about these being posted again, I wanted to have a thread that has all of the promotions in one place instead of them scattered throughout the forum. I posted prior deals last year for Gamestop/EB and just opened the new marketing kit today for this. All of the following deals start 3/26 and will end on 4/15. There is a possibility that I missed something from the marketing kit. If so, please PM me and post the deal in the thread for others. I will update the OP according to the details of the deal that you give me.

[EDGE/Gamestop Card owners] - You will get the bonus 10% on all trades of games/accessories/DVDs. It will NOT work with systems. It will stack with all trade in promos unless otherwise noted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trade Deals

Trade 2 Xbox 360 games, get an extra $10 in credit. Exclusions are the burger king games.

Trade in a PS2 (any model w/Sony controller and hookups... must be in working order), an extra Sony controller, and any PS2 memory card to get $100 in credit when applied towards a PS3.

Trade 2 PS3 games and get a free PS3 game priced at $59.99 or less.

Trade 2 Wii games and get a free Wii game priced at $49.99 or less. Wii Sports is not accepted in trade. Far Cry: Instints, Open Season, and Wii Play do not qualify for this promo.

POWER TRADE: Any trades of games towards either new Pokemon game (Diamond/Pearl) or Halo 3, get 20% extra in credit on the trade. *Reservation customers will receive a free stylus when picking up this game. If you have both reserved, you will get a Pokemon themed holder for the 2 different styli (styluses).

All trades towards reservations get 10% extra in credit. This does not stack on top of the Power Trade offer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Random Deals

1 GB Sandisk PSP memory card for $29.99 - Down from $44.99

2 GB Sandisk PSP memory card for $49.99 - Down from $79.99

Buy Arena Football: Road to Glory (NEW) for the PS2 and get a free* RAZOR phone. *phone is free with 2 yr. activation of plan through Verizon.

Buy 2 get 1 free on used DVDs will continue for stores that carry them.

Stores that are not carrying DVDs anymore (or taking trades) will be offering a Buy 2 get 2 free on them.

Buy Destroy All Humans 2, Spongebob: Creature from the Krusty Krab, Bratz Diamondz, Cars, Nicktoons: Volcano Island, or Avatar and receive $5 off of the purchase price.

75% off all PSX/N64 games if your local store carries them.

Buy Making History: The Calm and the Storm and get Space Empires V or Brigade E5 for $9.99

[quote name='lilboo']So wait, for the 2 360 games, you get the trade in value + $5 to each game (because of the $10 for 2) add 10% if you have an edge card (I do) and the other 10% for reservation on ANY game right?

If i'm not mistaken, isn't Halo 3 & the 2 pokemons a 20% trade? So 10 + 20%? (you can just go cancel the reservation lol)[/QUOTE]

Well, unfortunately, my local EB/Gamestop employees are bunch of as*holes. They will only combine the 10% Edge bonus with the extra $10. No extra 10% for reservations (or 20% in the case of Halo 3). I actually think the promo does say something about not valid with PowerTrades.

[quote name='awp']Well, unfortunately, my local EB/Gamestop employees are bunch of as*holes. They will only combine the 10% Edge bonus with the extra $10. No extra 10% for reservations (or 20% in the case of Halo 3). I actually think the promo does say something about not valid with PowerTrades.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it really depends on who you get. The computers will only give you one promotion at at time (although at least it picks the better one!). I got the 20% bonus once, but it was only because the clerk played up the 20% bonus so much that I was able to get her to do it, but she had to manually change the prices. The next time I went in to trade I just traded the games and when I complained about the 20% not showing up, they wouldn't do it. =( Apparently nobody knew that the `trade 2 for $10' deal was still going on and kept telling me what a great deal I got (even after only giving me $6 for Table Tennis!).

If I turn in these games for a brand new Wii game, such as Paper Mario, can i return that game for 49.99 later on and put the credit toward GH2 for 360? I know they won't give me cash back or anything, but will they try and make me just get another copy of the game since I traded in for it?

[quote name='awp']Well, unfortunately, my local EB/Gamestop employees are bunch of as*holes. They will only combine the 10% Edge bonus with the extra $10. No extra 10% for reservations (or 20% in the case of Halo 3). I actually think the promo does say something about not valid with PowerTrades.[/quote]

Yeah, when they were trying to push it on us, I asked if the discount was stackable on trade-in deals. They said it normally is, but because the discount was so much on the 2-for-1 deal, they couldn't do it.

[quote name='darkfalzsux']If I turn in these games for a brand new Wii game, such as Paper Mario, can i return that game for 49.99 later on and put the credit toward GH2 for 360? I know they won't give me cash back or anything, but will they try and make me just get another copy of the game since I traded in for it?[/quote]
ask for a gift card.

for the Wiki........

Billy and Mandy (Wii) - $14
Ant Bully (Wii) - $8
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 (360) - $11
Kameo (360) - $8

picked up Puzzle Quest with the 360s, and SPM with the Wiis.....not bad.

[quote name='EvyLou']for the Wiki........

Billy and Mandy (Wii) - $14
Ant Bully (Wii) - $8
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 (360) - $11
Kameo (360) - $8

picked up Puzzle Quest with the 360s, and SPM with the Wiis.....not bad.[/quote]

did you get those wii games for $14 / $8?

if so, was this at GS?

[quote name='raisin']did you get those wii games for $14 / $8?

if so, was this at GS?[/quote]

those are the trade-in values for those games........although I technically got $25 each for them through the Wii deal.

I had a good time with this one. I bought 1 copy a piece of Far Cry and Open Season for the Wii at 17.99 - 10%. Then at a different EB traded then each in for 49.99 + 10% total with Edge card. I am pretty sure the employee would have let me get the deal without buying a game, but I put five down on a pre-order for Mario Party (to be transferred to Metroid Prime). Definitely glad a went through with this one, turned 32.40 to 55 bucks.

Also for the Wiki, I traded in FFXII for $16 down from $20.

i got denied at one gs today they said open season and far cry no longer qualified for the deal but at another one they put it through

[quote name='monkeydeew']i got denied at one gs today they said open season and far cry no longer qualified for the deal but at another one they put it through[/quote]
They're full of crap as there was no mention of such a thing, nor was there an official change made to the ads about this deal. Still only rejects Wii Play, Wii Sports and demos (if there are any).

[quote name='Tsukento']They're full of crap as there was no mention of such a thing, nor was there an official change made to the ads about this deal. Still only rejects Wii Play, Wii Sports and demos (if there are any).[/QUOTE]

GS/EB got emails today saying FC and OS are now excluded from the list. The sign does say all trades subject to manager approval. So you guys can't cry about it. That's why they always have fine print.

GS/EB is most likely sitting on a bunch of these fuking lame games. I would be surprise if they do something like this again and yet some of you people get pissed because they never have deals. That's because people drive these deals to hell and back.

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']GS/EB got emails today saying FC and OS are now excluded from the list. [/quote]

I can't say we got an email, but it was most likely the stores that had a constant internet connection. The other stores that don't have it still did the deal because they won't receive the email until the next day. Anyone looking to do the trade of far cry and open season will now have to check with the store if they are excluded or not before openning and bringing in your copies.

Yeah, a store I went to confirmed the email (late Weds night). I was done using the deal but just checked up on it because of the earlier reports here.

Anyway, I updated the Wiki with trade-in prices through here.

I had a few regular trades myself the other day for the first time since the extra $10 deal last Fall:

:xbox: Simpson's Hit & Run - $4
:ps2: Zatch Bell Mamodo Battles - $3

It's a good thing I paid less than $2 for those or I'd be pretty pissed. I now remember why I haven't traded anything in there since last Fall :lol:. (Found out later that Gamecrazy gives $5 for Simpson's and $7 for Zatch Bell so that's why they will continue to get my trades and EB/GS will only get my business when they have super deals like the 2-for-1 Wii deal).

I managed to do the Far Cry/Open Season thing 4 times though, which really just gave me 20% discounts on some preorders. Not a big blow to EB/GS, but a nice way to extend my vanishing credit for a bit longer.

Whew!! I called a local GS and they said there are no restrictions for the trade 2 for 1 on the Wii. I am heading there tonight!!!

Went in there today to trade in two 360 games. Now, I got the games from other members of CAG so they played fine, but they certainly appeared a little scratched up. Since the discs were scratched, the guy refused to give me the extra $10. I told him to try the games out as they play just fine. He said he would have to send the games out to get resurfaced and he couldn't do it because it was policy. I asked him for a total anyway and the computer automatically put the additional $10 on there. He tried to remove the extra $10 but he couldn't do it so just gave in and left it on there. So, I got $30 total for my Mass Effect preorder even though the clerk was not happy.

I'm updating the OP to show that Far Cry and Open Season for the Wii are now excluded from the offer.

EDIT: I started a new thread with the deals for next promo period starting on 4/16. Here is a link

[quote name='valor19']Went in there today to trade in two 360 games. Now, I got the games from other members of CAG so they played fine, but they certainly appeared a little scratched up. Since the discs were scratched, the guy refused to give me the extra $10. I told him to try the games out as they play just fine. He said he would have to send the games out to get resurfaced and he couldn't do it because it was policy. I asked him for a total anyway and the computer automatically put the additional $10 on there. He tried to remove the extra $10 but he couldn't do it so just gave in and left it on there. So, I got $30 total for my Mass Effect preorder even though the clerk was not happy.[/QUOTE]

good lord, do these guys just totally pull shit out of their asses? "because they are kinda scratched, we will take the trade but not give you the full amount?"...fuckin ridiculous

once i tried to trade in wii games and they said that b/c i didnt have the boxes they would have to charge me the refurbished fee...

I went to trade two Wii games today and the employee said they got an e-mail today that said they were supposed to exclude any Wii games that have a trade value under $10. One of my games only traded in for $8, but the other one was over $10 and I was buying some other games as well, so he put it through. Not sure if all EB stores are doing this now, although the employee was easily one of the nicest EB employees I have ever seen working any store.

Trade in prices without the deal:

The Ant Bully (Wii) $8.00
Barnyard (Wii) $11.00

I picked up two Open Season and two Far Cry at BB today for 50$ total... traded one of each in at two different GSs and managed to pick up:

Wii Play
God of War 2! :) :)

I got GoW2 by asking an employee at the 2nd GS if I could return and trade Wii Play for GoW2 and then use the trade in deal to get Wii Play back, and he said no problem.

bread's done
Back