GS/EB Promos 3/26-4/15 -> Trade 2 360 games, $10 extra; trade 2 Wii/PS3 games, get 1

allout1986

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Before you say anything about these being posted again, I wanted to have a thread that has all of the promotions in one place instead of them scattered throughout the forum. I posted prior deals last year for Gamestop/EB and just opened the new marketing kit today for this. All of the following deals start 3/26 and will end on 4/15. There is a possibility that I missed something from the marketing kit. If so, please PM me and post the deal in the thread for others. I will update the OP according to the details of the deal that you give me.

[EDGE/Gamestop Card owners] - You will get the bonus 10% on all trades of games/accessories/DVDs. It will NOT work with systems. It will stack with all trade in promos unless otherwise noted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trade Deals

Trade 2 Xbox 360 games, get an extra $10 in credit. Exclusions are the burger king games.

Trade in a PS2 (any model w/Sony controller and hookups... must be in working order), an extra Sony controller, and any PS2 memory card to get $100 in credit when applied towards a PS3.

Trade 2 PS3 games and get a free PS3 game priced at $59.99 or less.

Trade 2 Wii games and get a free Wii game priced at $49.99 or less. Wii Sports is not accepted in trade. Far Cry: Instints, Open Season, and Wii Play do not qualify for this promo.

POWER TRADE: Any trades of games towards either new Pokemon game (Diamond/Pearl) or Halo 3, get 20% extra in credit on the trade. *Reservation customers will receive a free stylus when picking up this game. If you have both reserved, you will get a Pokemon themed holder for the 2 different styli (styluses).

All trades towards reservations get 10% extra in credit. This does not stack on top of the Power Trade offer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Random Deals

1 GB Sandisk PSP memory card for $29.99 - Down from $44.99

2 GB Sandisk PSP memory card for $49.99 - Down from $79.99

Buy Arena Football: Road to Glory (NEW) for the PS2 and get a free* RAZOR phone. *phone is free with 2 yr. activation of plan through Verizon.

Buy 2 get 1 free on used DVDs will continue for stores that carry them.

Stores that are not carrying DVDs anymore (or taking trades) will be offering a Buy 2 get 2 free on them.

Buy Destroy All Humans 2, Spongebob: Creature from the Krusty Krab, Bratz Diamondz, Cars, Nicktoons: Volcano Island, or Avatar and receive $5 off of the purchase price.

75% off all PSX/N64 games if your local store carries them.

Buy Making History: The Calm and the Storm and get Space Empires V or Brigade E5 for $9.99

[quote name='aniousjoe']i'm sorry... they should've picked it up... lol... i kid
actually, i think it's understandable... look at how gh1 for ps2 was... some ppl couldn't find it b&m for weeks[/quote]
Well im goin to go tommorow at lunch and see if they have any, if they do Ill probably trade those 2 games in for something around $25 I hope they have some, such a great game.

[quote name='espionage']Traded in some more 360 games at gamestop today. Actually surprised how low in trade-in value CoD3 dropped to, but that may be because of the recent release of the Gold Edition.

Here are the prices without the bonus:

Call of Duty 2 $7
Call of Duty 3 $16
Samurai Warriors 2 $10
Bullet Witch $20

Total = $53

With promotion + Edge card, total came to = $78.30.

I actually tried to apply the credit towards pre-orders (Blue Dragon & VF5) to get another 10% trade in credit, but the employee couldn't get it to work. It seemed like you had to enter in a coupon code for the extra 10% trade-in on pre-orders, and since it already took the +$10 for 2 360 games, it wouldn't stack the two. I just kept the credit on the card.[/quote]Nah, they have to add the 10% in manually.

Woohoo Just sold Dead rising for $33, Guitar Hero II here I come. If no one has it in stock at lunch Ill go shit in the middle of EB games.

[quote name='nharmon91']Woohoo Just sold Dead rising for $33, Guitar Hero II here I come. If no one has it in stock at lunch Ill go shit in the middle of EB games.[/QUOTE]
Make sure you knock over a magazine rack first. And don't forget your glitter.

Got $35 for Gears (Put it in for the first time in a month and couldn't stand the fucking kids/team stackers/randomness online) and $17 for Burnout today. That's after $10 bonus and 20% increase. Might use it for Shivering Isles points or FFF: Chocobo Tales.

[quote name='jer7583']Got $35 for Gears (Put it in for the first time in a month and couldn't stand the fucking kids/team stackers/randomness online) and $17 for Burnout today. That's after $10 bonus and 20% increase. Might use it for Shivering Isles points or FFF: Chocobo Tales.[/quote]

$35 for Gears is the trade in value or is that with the $10 included?

[quote name='Damian']Make sure you knock over a magazine rack first. And don't forget your glitter.[/quote]

LMFAO!!... yes, DON'T forget the glitter

Trade In for Wiki:

Guitar Hero 2 (360) $25

FYE didn't sell single guitars. At my store said they'd probably never get in, since they never got the PS2 ones. Since I had a bunch of credit, I bought two then sold the extra game to EB.

[quote name='mvpmets00']$35 for Gears is the trade in value or is that with the $10 included?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm wondering too, because the last trade value in the wiki is $25 from 3/31/07. I find it hard to believe it jumped $10 in a few days, so I'll leave it at $25 for now. (Otherwise I updated the trade-in values from other posts).

Anyway, I was able to pick up Far Cry and Open Season for $32.38 after Edge discount - the clerks there were surprised at the price since they were still marked $34.99 (new copies still marked $49.99). Equally surprised were the clerks at another EB who took my games in and applied it to a fully paid off preorder of Mario Party 8 (score!). They said the trade values were only $5 and were shocked that any Wii games were that low ;). To top it all off, my Edge card scan wrecked havoc with their ability to figure out how to bump the games up (since it adds 10% to anything they add). I ended up getting $3.90 credit back after the $49.99 preorder :lol:.

Nice... Now I just need to do it again for Super Paper Mario. Note that they don't have much else in the system for preorder (no Mario Galaxy, Metroid, etc - I didn't see anything else I'd want).

It is too bad I did it the way I did, though, because I bought the only used copies at the first store and the second one had 3-4 of each. I should have bought up the ones at the second store and put in 3-4 preorders at different EB's :lol:. Now I need to find a store with another set and take that to a fourth one.

The 35 value was after the $5 bump, and with the 20% bonus for pre-ordering.

$25+5(2 360 games) + 5(20% of 25) = $35

Not a bad value for Gears at all. It'll only go down at this point, as interest continues to wane while halo 3 approaches.

Edit: I'm considering doing the 2 Wii games for 1 deal again by re-purchasing the Open Season and Far Cry I traded in yesterday, but are there any Wii games in their system worth getting? Or could I purchase something like The Godfather and then return it for the $50 in store credit? I'd like to pay off $50 of Mass Effect (for $32) or get some points cards on the cheap.

just did it at my eb with an edge card... 32 for gears and 22 for nhl 07.

the gears was unplayable (scratched to hell and back) and the nhl 07 was just unplayed. had to get it on a gift card unfortunately because all the guitar hero's for 360 were reserved.:cry:

anyone know if u can use the credit on your edge card online?

I don't know if this is old news but: FarCry and Open Season for the Wii are each $20 new. So, if you can find them both instore (especially if they're used) then you can get a nice amount off of a new $50 Wii game.

i traded in spongebob and open season for TP much to the dismay of my local gamestop employees. they wouldnt let me get zelda 'unless i preordered something else' which i said was total bs, and then they said that it was 'impossible' to make my two other wii games (2 copies of chicken little) pay for super paper mario. any suggestions how to make these liars be more honest with me? anyone have success with tellgamestop.com?

[quote name='monkeydeew']i traded in spongebob and open season for TP much to the dismay of my local gamestop employees. they wouldnt let me get zelda 'unless i preordered something else' which i said was total bs, and then they said that it was 'impossible' to make my two other wii games (2 copies of chicken little) pay for super paper mario. any suggestions how to make these liars be more honest with me? anyone have success with tellgamestop.com?[/QUOTE]

The preordering is BS. Hey, at least SpongeBob still has some trade-in value. When I did Far Cry and Open Season the trade value on those was just $5 each, which they had to bump to $25 each. I imagine SpongeBob still trades for $12 or so at least.

But if they really insist on the preorder, just do it and then cancel it later (and get your $5 back). There's nothing they can do about that.

As for the 2 copies of one game that is a restriction they have, so they got you there. Just go buy an Open Season or Far Cry at another store and make 2 trades - one for SPM and one for Mario Party 8 ;). (You might have to do that at different stores though).

ps target in woodland california had 4 copies of chicken little 9.98 and a few blitz the league 7$. they do not any more, sorry!

traded in a Wii happy feet (from target for 12.48) and Wii far cry (from GS for 16.xx) for Super Paper Mario preorder...they gave me zero problems with the preorder...

some 360 trade in values before promos:

f.e.a.r. - 16
ridge racer 6 - 8 (went up $1?)

was able to get the extra $10, 10% edge card, and 20% for preordering halo.

I traded in Madden 07, NBA2K7, PGR3, Condemned, Kameo and World Champ. Poke All In for a total of $112.94. I applied $25 to Halo 3, GTA4 and All-Pro Football 2K8 and still have $38 in credit. They did not have Viva Pinata, Farcry (Wii) or Open Season (Wii) in stock used. I will update the CAGwiki.

Here is the breakdown on the games, seems off in my favor.

Madden 07 $10+5+3+1.30=$19.30
NBA2K7 $15+5+4.50+1.95=$26.45
PGR3 $8+5+2.4+1.04=$16.44
Condemned $9+5+2.70+1.04=$17.78
Kameo $8+5+2.40+1.04=$16.44
WCOP $8+5+2.40+1.04=$16.44

Total=$112.85

[quote name='soonerdoc']traded in a Wii happy feet (from target for 12.48) and Wii far cry (from GS for 16.xx) for Super Paper Mario preorder...they gave me zero problems with the preorder...[/quote]
lucky! the gamestop guys i had to deal with were acting like i was asking for a free ps3 or something.

Here's the trade-in prices I got today for the wiki. Not including $5 or edge bonuses.

Viva Pinata - $9
Gears of War - $24
Perfect Dark Zero - $5
Project Gotham Racing 3 - $8
Metroid Prime Hunters - $7
Yoshi's Touch & Go - $6
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - $6
Super Mario Advance 4/Super Mario Bros. 3 - $10
Wario Ware, Inc. - $4

Weird how a GBA game gets more than 360 games. But after all of the bonuses and pre-ordering Super Paper Mario I got $110 total. Pretty good in my opinion. Paid off that preorder completely and got Guitar Hero II for like $38.

Well, they couldn't figure out how to get it to work for a preorder, so I'm going to have to go back Monday (or Tuesday, depending on when they get it) to trade in Far Cry and Open Season for SPM. I suggested they just bump the trade-values up to $25 each, which they'll probably end up doing anyway, but "the system is picky with games that aren't out yet." I fondly recall the days (way back when the Wii launched) when the employees actually knew how to do shit, now they're all gone.

[quote name='botticus']Well, they couldn't figure out how to get it to work for a preorder, so I'm going to have to go back Monday (or Tuesday, depending on when they get it) to trade in Far Cry and Open Season for SPM. I suggested they just bump the trade-values up to $25 each, which they'll probably end up doing anyway, but "the system is picky with games that aren't out yet." I fondly recall the days (way back when the Wii launched) when the employees actually knew how to do shit, now they're all gone.[/QUOTE]

Dude, that sucks. As far as I know, that is how the promo works ANYWAY - regardless of whether the game is out yet or not. They simply bump up the credit and then sell you the new game (or preorder, doesn't matter). Or perhaps I was just blessed with a particularly competant EB employee ;).

[quote name='io']Dude, that sucks. As far as I know, that is how the promo works ANYWAY - regardless of whether the game is out yet or not. They simply bump up the credit and then sell you the new game (or preorder, doesn't matter). Or perhaps I was just blessed with a particularly competant EB employee ;).[/quote]Nah, both these guys are clueless, but they're working there just about 90% of the time now (so I assume one is the manager). Hence I've tended to avoid going there if at all possible lately, and finally asked if the old manager was still working there. No.

Anyway, they were trying to enter it as some promo "GS Dollars Off" or something along those lines, and putting in $53.74. So I don't know if they were trying to have the system automatically make the combined trade value up to the purchase price, or what, but clearly it wasn't working.

[quote name='botticus']Nah, both these guys are clueless, but they're working there just about 90% of the time now (so I assume one is the manager). Hence I've tended to avoid going there if at all possible lately, and finally asked if the old manager was still working there. No.

Anyway, they were trying to enter it as some promo "GS Dollars Off" or something along those lines, and putting in $53.74. So I don't know if they were trying to have the system automatically make the combined trade value up to the purchase price, or what, but clearly it wasn't working.[/quote]

They have to manually adjust the trade values up to the amount of the game that is being purchased. Basically, they need to select the 2 games being traded in and price override the trade values so that each game is half the purchase price. With the integration of the auto-promo system though, many employees are confused from the sounds of it.

i traded in 2 target wii games and bought persia. then i quickly returned persia and put it all towards a preorder of super paper mario. if anyone has trouble i think that is the easiest way to get around the 'you cant preorder with the 2-1 deal'

I bought Farcry and Open Season at BB for $19.99 each and traded them for Smooth Moves. The guy at Gamestop said "the 2 for 1 trade is a good deal now" surprised at the tradein credit for those two games.

I might try and get SPM next week using the same deal.

Does EB/GS keep track on what you trade in? They might find fishy if someone is trading in all these Far Cry and Open Season games.

I'm surprised I haven't heard anyone else mention this, or maybe I didn't see it.

At the local EB/Gamestops here in Chicago you can trade any two used Wii games for any new game $49.99 or less.

I traded Rampage, a game I bought for $20 new and some game I bought right then for $19 for a brand new Sonic. That's right, you can walk in, buy two used games for $19 each and trade them right back for a new $49.99 game.

This promo ends April 15th and I don't know if it's nationwide.

I think it deserves it's own thread, don't you? It's at least a $15 discount if you count tax. Plus if you trade a game you don't like it's even better.

This is great if you use the $5 off a Wii game at Best Buy to pick up both Far Cry and Open Season for $15 each. Get SPM for less than $35 ... hook me up!

Just got back from Trading In. Prices for the Wiki:

360:

THP8 - $14
THAW - $7
Saints Row - $16
Prey - $5
PGR3 - $8
PDZ - $5
Godfather - $12
Dead Rising - $15
Condemned - $8
COD2 - $7

Wii:

Wario Ware - $25
Elebits - $15
Rayman - $22
Madden 07 - $14

The guy at the counter let me stack to 2 for $10, my extra Edge 10% and the 20% for Madden.

I also saw 2 PS3 Sonics for $25 at Sams today. If there was another cheap game, it would be good for the trade 2 get 1 PS3 deal.

Well I did the 2 for 1 Wii to get super paper mario, not sure if I'm gonna try it again for another game. Anyway, one price that isn't already on the wiki:

Wii CoD3 - $15

[quote name='nebrazca78']I'm surprised I haven't heard anyone else mention this, or maybe I didn't see it.

At the local EB/Gamestops here in Chicago you can trade any two used Wii games for any new game $49.99 or less.
.[/QUOTE]

seriously? did you try looking at the 50 posts prior to yours ?!!!?!????!?

Does anyone know of a PS3 game that sells for less than $30? I saw the mention of Sonic @ Sam's, but I was just at my local Sam's today and didn't see it. I'd like to trade my Full Auto 2 towards this deal, but I don't have anything else I want to get rid of.

[quote name='monkeydeew']traded in spongebob and chicken little for wii play :p[/QUOTE]

My kids just started playing my $10 copy of Chicken Little from Target. Looks like a keeper to me. I wish I could have gotten SpongBob cheap as well as they are really into the show right now (and have been playing SpongeBob Lights, Camera, Pants on the GC).

In any case, I didn't get to an EB today, though I felt like I should have ;).

I updated the wiki with a bunch of 360 and Wii trade-in prices from the last couple of pages. It doesn't appear that anyone is really using the PS3 deal. I guess the lack of a source of cheap PS3 games is the main reason.

[quote name='argyle']Does anyone know of a PS3 game that sells for less than $30? I saw the mention of Sonic @ Sam's, but I was just at my local Sam's today and didn't see it. I'd like to trade my Full Auto 2 towards this deal, but I don't have anything else I want to get rid of.[/quote]One of the NHL's is 24.99 used at EB/GS

Edit: 2K7 to be exact

Traded in

- Oblivion: Elder Scrolls $25 + $5 + 10% + 10% = $35
- GRAW 1 $8 + $5 + 10% + 10% = $14.60

Total - $49.60 towards reservation of Super Paper Mario...had some good reviews from EGM.

So wait, for the 2 360 games, you get the trade in value + $5 to each game (because of the $10 for 2) add 10% if you have an edge card (I do) and the other 10% for reservation on ANY game right?

If i'm not mistaken, isn't Halo 3 & the 2 pokemons a 20% trade? So 10 + 20%? (you can just go cancel the reservation lol)

bread's done
Back