GS/EBgames In store specials 4/13-4/19

Teknoman

CAGiversary!
Traded in a whole bunch of crap and got a black DS (So my girlfriend can have the original DS Lite) and FFF: Chocobo Tales. Woohoo!

All are pre-bonus, you do the math
Crackdown- 20
Ridge Racer 6- 8
Sneak King - 1
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves- 25
God of War 2- 30
Super Robot Taisen 2- 5
Chromehounds-7
Far Cry: Instincts- 9

Add about $45 in credit bonuses to all that.

Won't have broadband for halo 3 beta, played the shit out of crackdown, Never got into God of War 2 (and only paid $37ish for it) and SRT is not my cup of tea, ick. The rest were target clearance games or things i havent touched in a while.

I am pretty happy with it overall.

[quote name='SleekerToy']First off the 14th was Saturday.. Second off.. It starts Monday the 16th[/quote]

Cool I would have missed this. I want to pick up Forza, Ninja Gaiden Black, and Kotor 2.

How much is it to sign up for the edge card only? I don't need the Game Informer.

I updated the CAGwiki again. You'd be surprised at how many games went up $1 or $2 for 360 and DS. One exception is Crackdown which was reported as $26 yesterday but $20 today (Sat). I put the lower price in just to be safe but if anyone can verify that it didn't really drop I'll change it back.

As far as I know, EB/GS doesn't do the lower price thing if they have a lot of copies in their store (like Gamecrazy does). Their prices are universal and based on overall company-side stock. So the $20 is strange unless it *just* dropped or was a typo ;).

Resistance: Fall of Man - $24
Gundam: Crossfire - $12

$54 with 50% and $59.40 with Edge card stacked. I opted instead for the Trade 2 Get 1 deal still in effect, got Motorstorm, and stacked Edge ontop of that which covered taxed and netted me $2.40 back on my card somehow.

[quote name='kaydigi']How much is it to sign up for the edge card only? I don't need the Game Informer.[/quote]

The same. Only one package available now, $14.99 = 1 year of Edge Card & Game Informer (the best multi-platform magazine available).

FYI: long ago they used to have just the Edge card available for $5 w/o sub.

[quote name='jhaymond1']Well without the 50% I don't think people on this site are dumn enough to trade-in at EB/GameStop. Selling on eBay on making a trade list here makes for a much better deal on both ends.

[/quote]

Don't be so sure of yourself there. The people who regularly post might not, but a good number of people still trade in games there and take whatever price they give them.

Ooh, I didn't hear about this Xbox B2G1. I might go in there monday morning, trade in $50 worth of 360 games, see if they have a Wii, and buy 3 of these old BC games I've been wanting for a while.

That coupon thing sent me to a bad link, does that mean its not going anymore? But yeah if it is I'm pumped, gonna get rid of Crackdown, Viva Pinata and Oblivion... (Oblivion just isn't my type of game... And I got really bored w/ the other two)

[quote name='Proxymatic']That coupon thing sent me to a bad link, does that mean its not going anymore? But yeah if it is I'm pumped, gonna get rid of Crackdown, Viva Pinata and Oblivion... (Oblivion just isn't my type of game... And I got really bored w/ the other two)[/QUOTE]

If you go to the main page (ebgames.com) you can click on a weekly ad link.

FWIW, I traded in Street Fighter 3 Max (PSP) and got a measly $5 ($7.50 with the bonus). Wouldn't have done it but a) I absolutely could not play it on the PSP's control pad and b) needed something to add so I could get $43 for Zelda.

RD

Hey does anyone know of a trade in price for Cooking Mama Cook Off?
It's pretty new, so I'd assume it'd be around the $20-$22/$24 range.

I got that with the Far Cry/Open Season (and requested a $5 price grabber, LOL) and I may trade that in with LoZ:TP, Gears of War & Enchanted Arms for some moniieeess!

Not a bad deal. I might trade in games to a Gamestop for the first time ever.

Still I think they'll just get you on the other side. I usually find new games for $40 or so on the 'net and fairly recent used games for much cheaper than Gamestop's prices. So it's not just the trade-in credit, but the prices of the games that you'll (eventually) buy with that credit.

[quote name='io']I updated the CAGwiki again.[/quote]

You may want to change the price of DS hardware to $50. That's what I was offered, and when they sell it for $100, I doubt they only give $28 for it.

OK..here is my question to all of you...

Say I take my games in to EB/GameStop (which I plan on doing) because of the +50% deal...Now that I have credit there, what will I spend it on?? My point is that EB/GameStop always charges more than some store or some place online...so is getting this deal and trade-in value there worth it? I could sell my games on eBay and close to the same amount for these games, but not quite as much...

In simple terms...from someone who never buys from EB/GameStop...what will I spend my credit on there in the future?

[quote name='jhaymond1']OK..here is my question to all of you...

Say I take my games in to EB/GameStop (which I plan on doing) because of the +50% deal...Now that I have credit there, what will I spend it on?? My point is that EB/GameStop always charges more than some store or some place online...so is getting this deal and trade-in value there worth it? I could sell my games on eBay and close to the same amount for these games, but not quite as much...

In simple terms...from someone who never buys from EB/GameStop...what will I spend my credit on there in the future?[/QUOTE]

Wait for a Buy2Get1 Free deal. There should be one coming up soon.

No. I had an excuse to get credit there since I wanted a DS Lite, and those are never going to be found for less than retail. You just have to be careful about how you spend your money there, be a smart CAG, and don't fall for the Used crappy games that are a whole $2 cheaper. Go for the $9.99 or 12.99 underapprecaited gems you haven't played yet.

[quote name='jer7583']No. I had an excuse to get credit there since I wanted a DS Lite, and those are never going to be found for less than retail. You just have to be careful about how you spend your money there, be a smart CAG, and don't fall for the Used crappy games that are a whole $2 cheaper. Go for the $9.99 or 12.99 underapprecaited gems you haven't played yet.[/QUOTE]

True, but I have about 200 worth in trade in with this deal, and I'm tempted to just take my stuff to eBay and get a little less.

here are some ps2 trade in prices.

final fantasy x $7
open season $8
ultimate spiderman $5
college hoops 2k7 $7
resident evil 4 $8
king kong $3
battlefield 2 modern combat $6
incredible hulk $7
007 from russia with love $6
the sims 2 $8

[quote name='Bujdasz']can this credit be put towards the new 360 Elite?[/QUOTE]

They're not doing pre orders for the Elite.

Some 360 Prices:

NBA Live 2007----$12 up to $18
Rainbow 6 Vegas-----$25 up to $37.50
NBA Street Homecourt-----$20 up to $30
Madden 2007-----$8 up to $12

[quote name='jhaymond1']True, but I have about 200 worth in trade in with this deal, and I'm tempted to just take my stuff to eBay and get a little less.[/QUOTE]

Trade in all your shit then pick up some things like New DS Lites or something. Then sell those few things on Ebay. Selling a ton of games on Ebay individually could be a hassle.

:wii: Elebits = $15 -> $24
:ds: Metroid Prime Pinball = $2 -> $3.20

Not much of a deal, but gives me enough credit to hold onto for Pokemon Battle Revolution in June.

Especially after trading in Beyon Good & Evil for the PS2 got me $2.00 and getting an extra 10% for reserving said Pokemon game.

Ok So I haven't traded anything in at GS/EB for a long long time now. Quick Question. Can I just take game only or do they need case and manual?

[quote name='seanr1221']I took game only, and I kept two cases to make Wii Sports cases for my friend and I.[/QUOTE]

Cool. So you can do game only for all systems/handhelds? Like I want to trade in TESO but i would like to keep all the Collector's things that came with it then repick TESO up when it goes cheap.

Can anyone do me a favor? I need someone to scan the UPC for Far Cry. I can't find the copy that I made (and of course didn't save to my computer). I just need it for the Pricegrabber rebate......and so I can steal your identity........whoops silent part loud again :mrgreen:
Oh, and that would be the Wii version of course. thanks.

I just got back from Gamecrazy. I mentioned EB's current trade-in promotion (additional 50% for 2 current gen games) and asked if they would match it. They told me that it is their policy to match competing trade-in prices not promotions. So they wouldn't match the additional 50%. Therefore, YMMV.

[quote name='edavis0780']Can anyone do me a favor? I need someone to scan the UPC for Far Cry. I can't find the copy that I made (and of course didn't save to my computer). I just need it for the Pricegrabber rebate......and so I can steal your identity........whoops silent part loud again :mrgreen:
Oh, and that would be the Wii version of course. thanks.[/QUOTE]
Step 1 - Go to http://www.upcdata.info

Step 2 - Search the following - 008888171614

Step 3 - Copy UPC barcode to Notepad/TextEdit, and print.

:)

[quote name='kaydigi']Cool I would have missed this. I want to pick up Forza, Ninja Gaiden Black, and Kotor 2.

How much is it to sign up for the edge card only? I don't need the Game Informer.[/quote]

can anyone confirm that the buy 2 get 1 free for xbox games is real?

[quote name='swetooth9']can anyone confirm that the buy 2 get 1 free for xbox games is real?[/quote]

I just had a friend who works there tell me about it, so i'd say it's confirmed.

[quote name='swetooth9']can anyone confirm that the buy 2 get 1 free for xbox games is real?[/quote]
its only for used games....which i think is alright, but i bet by years end itll extend to new games as well

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Just got back, I can add one new trade-in value:

Dead or Alive 4 gets $10 (or $15 with coupon)[/QUOTE]

Thanks I think I will go ahead and get rid of that then.

Does anyone know what Perfect Dark trades in at? That is the only other thing I have I think I would trade in.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Thanks I think I will go ahead and get rid of that then.

Does anyone know what Perfect Dark trades in at? That is the only other thing I have I think I would trade in.[/quote]

$5, still, i believe. ce or regular

[quote name='JJSP']Step 1 - Go to http://www.upcdata.info

Step 2 - Search the following - 008888171614

Step 3 - Copy UPC barcode to Notepad/TextEdit, and print.

:)[/QUOTE]

That won't work for Pricegrabber - you need an actual scan of the UPC from the game. I need one too if anyone has it ;).

Just swapped God of War 2, Gears of War, Virtua Tennis 3 and Tomb Raider Legend for just under enough to get a DS Lite. Woots!

[quote name='sixersballernum3']You may want to change the price of DS hardware to $50. That's what I was offered, and when they sell it for $100, I doubt they only give $28 for it.[/QUOTE]

You know, I saw your post about that earlier in the day but then when I was updating the wiki late last night I couldn't find it (and wasn't about to spend more than 5 minutes finding one item for the wiki ;)). Anyway, I'll add that in now.

Yet at some point it must have been only $28 - maybe back before the DS got so hot...

bread's done
Back