GS: Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (Xbox) in stock

Oh if a blog or a message board post said it's true, then it's 100% fact??? ROFL welcome to the "new media" where source checking, fact analysis and confirmation is meaningless :D

[quote name='expane']Oh if a blog or a message board post said it's true, then it's 100% fact??? ROFL welcome to the "new media" where source checking, fact analysis and confirmation is meaningless :D[/quote]

Exactly.

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']if this is being released (which i still DOUBT)

then MVC3 is going to be on its way...without a doubt!![/quote]

I doubt that very much. It has to do with IP and Copyright laws now. Since that game came out alot of those Marvel characters got gobbled up by other companies that hold the video game rights.

They make a MVC3 but it will have to be a based on a cast of characters that are not being controlled or owned by another publisher.

Proof in the puddling is Tatsunoko Vs Capcom, which I hope comes out to the US, we all know the Capcom cast but look at Tatsunoko. Very few people remember or even heard of some of them. So the likely hold of it being released with out any issues in the US is probable. With full ownership of the cast of players going to Capcom.

I doubt that very much. It has to do with IP and Copyright laws now. Since that game came out alot of those Marvel characters got gobbled up by other companies that hold the video game rights.

I would think Marvel has the ultimate say in this matter. I mean, I'm sure companies can get exclusiveity to make a game based on the film adaptation but not necessarily the whole character's property

Proof in the puddling is Tatsunoko Vs Capcom, which I hope comes out to the US, we all know the Capcom cast but look at Tatsunoko. Very few people remember or even heard of some of them. So the likely hold of it being released with out any issues in the US is probable. With full ownership of the cast of players going to Capcom.

Well, I think that's more of an issue regarding demand, not necessarily a problem with securing the rights. Jump Superstars on the other hand would be a bit more in line with what you're getting at.

Last edited:
[quote name='Shimrra']I doubt that very much. It has to do with IP and Copyright laws now. Since that game came out alot of those Marvel characters got gobbled up by other companies that hold the video game rights.

They make a MVC3 but it will have to be a based on a cast of characters that are not being controlled or owned by another publisher.

Proof in the puddling is Tatsunoko Vs Capcom, which I hope comes out to the US, we all know the Capcom cast but look at Tatsunoko. Very few people remember or even heard of some of them. So the likely hold of it being released with out any issues in the US is probable. With full ownership of the cast of players going to Capcom.[/quote]

I think the whole "copyright" thing is complete garbage as far as tatsunoko vs. capcom is conerned... here is what i think the REAL story is

I think that capcom thinks it'll tank in the US even though it did well in Japan.. long story short.. not too many people know tatsunoko in the US, so it won't be as popular in the US..
Also, capcom just released SF4, which, let's be honest here, would totally overshadow tatsunoko vs. capcom
These two things in combination make releasing tatsunoko vs. capcom in the US a TERRIBLE idea... they just won't make enough money releasing it here

so i honestly think they COULD release it in the US.. if they tried hard enough... but they don't care enough because there isn't enough of a payoff for them

[quote name='expane']Oh if a blog or a message board post said it's true, then it's 100% fact??? ROFL welcome to the "new media" where source checking, fact analysis and confirmation is meaningless :D[/quote]

Let's just say Capcom notified me to remove some news I posted many months back due to development reasons.

Just to be clear, this is not ALL BUT CONFIRMED, for a XBLA or PSN release. If you been dying for a copy you should get it until any type of official announcement comes out from Capcom. It would seem that Marvel could and will license it for XBLA and PSN, but until it's confirmed, it's just rumor and speculation just like Metal Gear Solid 4 was coming to Xbox 360 as well as PS3 and still hasn't been announced or confirmed. I'll believe MVC2 on PSN and XBLA as soon as it is officially announced if it ever is.

[quote name='WebScud']The GameStop on the 2nd floor of the Emerald Square Mall in Attleboro, MA has had a disc only copy of the PS2 version in-stock for a looooooong time at $80. You'd probably be better off on eBay, but I thought I'd mention it if anyone is looking for a copy.[/quote]

Thats Emerald for you.

[quote name='Wonka the Troll']Just to be clear, this is not ALL BUT CONFIRMED, for a XBLA or PSN release. If you been dying for a copy you should get it until any type of official announcement comes out from Capcom. It would seem that Marvel could and will license it for XBLA and PSN, but until it's confirmed, it's just rumor and speculation just like Metal Gear Solid 4 was coming to Xbox 360 as well as PS3 and still hasn't been announced or confirmed. I'll believe MVC2 on PSN and XBLA as soon as it is officially announced if it ever is.[/quote]

sorry, but it's been confirmed by too many sources, including my personal contact with capcom. no lie.

MvC2 is coming out on PSN/XBLA.. I know.. I Know it for a FACT!

picture8.png

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']sorry, but it's been confirmed by too many sources, including my personal contact with capcom. no lie.[/quote]

Well, I'll believe it when it's announced. I'm not advocating paying Gamestop's ridiculous price for this game, just saying if you have a copy or want a copy, until it's announced it's pure rumor and speculation on your part and maybe even your buddy at Capcom's part. Only thing I even heard about it was something during a Gamespot interview that the product manager said, yeah, we are doing more HD Remix's and that would be a great one to do, nothing else, and I read all the major publications and game sites. One person on the internet can create a rumor and unless your source is willing to send you pics of it up and running on a 360 or PS3 or a screen shot of it in an Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 that isn't a disc, then you can believe it all you want, I won't until it's confirmed.

[quote name='eastshore4']I would think Marvel has the ultimate say in this matter. I mean, I'm sure companies can get exclusiveity to make a game based on the film adaptation but not necessarily the whole character's property
[/quote]
There's a Marvel fighting license that allows companies to use the characters in fighting games. EA just dropped it.

[quote name='Mako1215']Thats Emerald for you.[/quote]

Ahh, lots of old school gaming memories there... wish I still lived in Foxboro.

This game was $59.99 last year at Gamestop

combined with a Gamestop 35% off Coupon and my 10% off EDGE card I was gonna buy it for $33 bucks but said no because it has too many glitches.

I just wish MS would fix the 360 emulation for MvC2 to make it playable. They shouldn't have listed it on the backward compatibility list of Xbox games, it is so bad on the 360. I actually had MvC2 on the Naomi for a time, but wound up selling the arcade cab, so I sold the Naomi and the carts I had. Needless to say, I spent WAY more than $60 on the MvC2 Naomi cartridge...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Let's just say Capcom notified me to remove some news I posted many months back due to development reasons.[/QUOTE]

Mario told me the next Zelda game would be 4D!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']sorry, but it's been confirmed by too many sources, including my personal contact with capcom. no lie.[/QUOTE]

Well my father's friend's wife's sister's niece's newphew's grandson is the Vice President of the Hyper Street Kombat VII Division and he says you stink.

[quote name='MasterSun1']Well my father's friend's wife's sister's niece's newphew's grandson is the Vice President of the Hyper Street Kombat VII Division and he says you stink.[/QUOTE] Yes, but did he post that on Gaf?

But will this be a straight Port? of Marvel vs. Capcom 2???? in 480p

or will it be an HD REMIX???

My Guess is CAPCOM follows the Street Fighter Road map model.

in order.

#1. Straight Port of old much loved game.
#2. Now and HD REMIX of same game
#3. A full next gen sequel with new and old mechanics.

It has to be done in this order. TO build momentum and hype and get the snowball rolling down the Hill.

They can't just do MvC3, They will use all the profits from the Ports to fund new game creation.

Capcom is one of the few Developers who are Also Publishers like Nintendo and have a Character Roster just as deep.

Plus and HD REMIX of MvC2 would take 3 or 4 years, Because of all the new animation and sprites that takes sooo long to drawn and render and program. Look how long SF HD REMIX took.

And that was a CPS2 board game from teh Arcade with Limited animation set.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is a CPS3 arcade board with 4x as much animations and effects. It will take loner.

Then again if they do release an HD REMIX of MvC2 they could charge $50 I would gladly pay it.

For a Straigh port with crappy jaggy sprites I will pay $15 Max.

I just called my old community college buddy, who is now head custodian at Capcom's Poughkeepsie, NY, satellite office, and he assured me that the only systems that will get MvC2 are the Wii on VC, and the iPhone through the iTunes store. Also, Mad Catz will be making a limited edition universal Wii/iPhone bluetooth arcade stick (great for those iPhone users that don't want to use the touch screen controls).

Never mind my long post. Google around Official Capcom sources have said Marvel vs. Capcom 3 IS happening.

Now MvC3 is a ways off.

My guess is by this Summer we should have an Aracde version of MVC2 for PSN and XBLA

now will it be a port of an HD REMIX.???? no one knows.

[quote name='Hacker Snacker']Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is a CPS3 arcade board with 4x as much animations and effects. It will take loner.[/QUOTE]

MvC2 is Naomi-based, not CPS3.

[quote name='Outrun9']I bought this game from gamestop for the ps2 for $40 back in 2004[/quote]

It was actually $30 there in late 2004. I know because that's where I got mine. :D

You guys are seriously ridiculous. MVC2 is coming to Live/PSN, 100% GUARANTEED. Stop acting like morons when plenty of people who have insider information are trying to help others not get stuck with a 80 dollar purchase of a 15 dollar game. What is wrong with some of you?

[quote name='blitz6speed']You guys are seriously ridiculous. MVC2 is coming to Live/PSN, 100% GUARANTEED. Stop acting like morons when plenty of people who have insider information are trying to help others not get stuck with a 80 dollar purchase of a 15 dollar game. What is wrong with some of you?[/QUOTE]

Yeah because so many CAG's are running to Gamestop to spend $80 on a disc only copy of MVC XBOX1 that doesn't even work right on the 360?

Raise your hand if you read this post and ran out and bought the game? /crickets

Bottom line is - this is not a deal, not new and GS constantly lists the wrong items "in stock" all day long. "call ahead to verify" or whatever their bait and switch is. So this is not a deal, and frankly does not belong on the deals page

2ndly, someone who claims to know someone and says MVC will be on PSN for $20 lock it in stone! But can provide ZERO proof of those claims should be considered gospel why again?

Everyone knows that the whole world has been asking for MVC2 PSN/XBLA for years now. Everyone already knows about the ESRB rating story from months ago. The general consensus is that yes, some sort of MVC is likely to come to PSN/XBL hopefully in the next couple of years if not sooner.

But remember Halo 1.5? Remember when that was "CONFIRMED BY MY INSIDE SOURCE AT BUNGIE" all over the internet for months? Have we learned nothing from those days?

Just because gamers want something, does not make it a reality. As of today, MVC2 is not for sale on PSN/XBLA... as of today there is NO OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT, NO CONFIRMED INSIDE LEAKS.

When there are, I will gladly smile.

I have strong doubts that this game will come out as a downloadable... that's just me. If it does, I'd bet money that it would be a straight port with no online support.

[quote name='expane']Yeah because so many CAG's are running to Gamestop to spend $80 on a disc only copy of MVC XBOX1 that doesn't even work right on the 360?

Raise your hand if you read this post and ran out and bought the game? /crickets

Bottom line is - this is not a deal, not new and GS constantly lists the wrong items "in stock" all day long. "call ahead to verify" or whatever their bait and switch is. So this is not a deal, and frankly does not belong on the deals page

2ndly, someone who claims to know someone and says MVC will be on PSN for $20 lock it in stone! But can provide ZERO proof of those claims should be considered gospel why again?

Everyone knows that the whole world has been asking for MVC2 PSN/XBLA for years now. Everyone already knows about the ESRB rating story from months ago. The general consensus is that yes, some sort of MVC is likely to come to PSN/XBL hopefully in the next couple of years if not sooner.

But remember Halo 1.5? Remember when that was "CONFIRMED BY MY INSIDE SOURCE AT BUNGIE" all over the internet for months? Have we learned nothing from those days?

Just because gamers want something, does not make it a reality. As of today, MVC2 is not for sale on PSN/XBLA... as of today there is NO OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT, NO CONFIRMED INSIDE LEAKS.

When there are, I will gladly smile.[/quote]

:applause::applause::applause:

Guys, we all know this deal is ass. Even with CAG16, Edge, and free shipping. Even in store for a complete copy for either the Xbox or the PS2 even with a 25% off coupon + Edge.

If you really must get it (outside of a Dreamcast copy), just be patient. Worst case, you can pick up a copy once the Xbox games get finally and inevitably clearanced.

From a legal point of view, can Capcom even release this a download considering they lack the rights to use the Marvel license?

[quote name='Rozz']From a legal point of view, can Capcom even release this a download considering they lack the rights to use the Marvel license?[/quote]

I think they would have to re-acquire the rights. EA lost the rights a little over a year ago, dashing my hopes of ever getting to play Marvel vs. Madden (think about it, that could be an awesome game).

Is it hard for people to use Google, who needs an inside source, this was confirmed by heads at marvel at san diego comic con as well as a sequel. If you can't use google, you shouldn't be allowed on the internet.

[quote name='Rozz']From a legal point of view, can Capcom even release this a download considering they lack the rights to use the Marvel license?[/quote]

They lost the license before the ps2 and xbox ports were released.

[quote name='karkyco']:applause::applause::applause:

Guys, we all know this deal is ass. Even with CAG16, Edge, and free shipping. Even in store for a complete copy for either the Xbox or the PS2 even with a 25% off coupon + Edge.

If you really must get it (outside of a Dreamcast copy), just be patient. Worst case, you can pick up a copy once the Xbox games get finally and inevitably clearanced.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, we can't make a new thread for every single rare XBOX 1 game that is listed in stock online simply because of EDGE+25%. Ergo this thread should be moved to the "confirmed by my uncle who works at nintendo rumors" board. :)

[quote name='snowboarddude131']why is this game so much money??? i looked up the playstation version on google shopping and the cheapest was $200![/quote]

Because Capcom lost the licence to Marvel right after they release a few copy's of the game, so they are hard to find.

[quote name='goldvenom69']Because Capcom lost the licence to Marvel right after they release a few copy's of the game, so they are hard to find.[/QUOTE]

Also, it's one of the most badass fighting games ever made.

bread's done
Back