GS: PSOne w/ 5" LCD screen is 29.99

NolbertoS

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I heard this on GAF, and I hope this is a true deal, as this thing is OOS in most other places. Can anybody who works at GS confirm this deal, as the person from GAF said it's being clearanced. Also can somebody provide the SKU so I can located the deal around my area, as PSOne stuff are hard to find nowadays.

While in theory it sounds like a great deal I'm not sure you would find it worth it even at that price. I probably paid around the same for a new combo a year or two ago and I never use the thing. I probably wouldn't get rid of it because it's a nice showpiece but there are just better ways to play games on the go than this. Handhelds etc etc.

I'm fairly sure all PS1 stuff (and other old stuff) was moved to a few select major locations. The chance of any of us finding some are slim to none...

I know my store had one of these as of a few months ago. The employees were complaining that it was more expensive than the used PS2s.

I saw that damned thing at my GS for about 3 years straight up until a week or two ago when GS were ordered to destroy all remaining PS1 games(inventory?)

I remember seeing a psone lcd screen bundled with a psone system a few weeks ago in the giant glass case at one of my GS, but they were replaced with other game systems last time I checked.

I bought one of these screens from Kmart for about the same price several years back when they were being clearanced. I ended up using it to hookup all my systems, my tv doesn't have any inputs except RF! :(

A little off-topic, I know you can use a camcorder cable and a composite coupler, but
Does anyone know if it is possible to hook-up s-video or even component cables via the av input on a psone lcd screen?

I saw one at Gamecrazy a couple of weeks ago. Inquired about it and the CSR said it was $129.99 or something like that (it was the retail price when it was first released).

I bought a few from TRU when it was clearing them out for $14.99.

neogaf.com
believe

also, man i musta missed out on the toysrus deal, bummer...id kill for one of those i dont think any stores near me have em left.

i always wanted to take apart one of these clearance game lcd's for a computer mod - 2 bay auxiliary display - but never found a no-brainer price and now it would block my dvd drive on my mini case. still would look great mounted on or around my main monitor steampunk / matrix / brazil style.

Picked this combo up at GS back in 2005 when they were $49.99. I think CAG pretty much cleared them all out back then. You wont find it.

Oh and the OP is talking about a PSOne WITH the LCD Screen for $29.99. Some of you are just talking about the screen.

[quote name='xrickyb86x']Picked this combo up at GS back in 2005 when they were $49.99. I think CAG pretty much cleared them all out back then. You wont find it.[/QUOTE]

New or used? I've been checking the new bundles for the last few months looking for a drop but they always rang up full price. The used combo was down to $30 at one point.

Anyways, just grabbed a new one.

Box is hardly 'mint', but it's to be expected after 6 years in an EB.

[quote name='fuchikoma']New or used? I've been checking the new bundles for the last few months looking for a drop but they always rang up full price. The used combo was down to $30 at one point.

Box is hardly 'mint', but it's to be expected after 6 years in an EB.[/quote]

congrats, do you have the order, product number please?
I want to search for one, use the 10% off coupon before it expires tomorrow and use credit to avoid tax...

[quote name='donut']congrats, do you have the order, product number please?
I want to search for one, use the 10% off coupon before it expires tomorrow and use credit to avoid tax...[/quote]That coupon won't work on that.

[quote name='Master Shake']That coupon won't work on that.[/quote]

Uhhh it's an accessory, and I just bought the PS3 DS3 about an hour ago with the coupon...another accessory..

I work at a GameStop, so I can confirm this deal. As of Thursday morning(04-10-08) all the PS ONE Systems BRAND NEW are $19.99, and the PS ONE Systems w/LCD Screen are $29.99. If you would like a system you can kindly ask an employee at GameStop to do a "SKU search" for you. I don't have the SKU on hand at the moment, but if you tell an employee to look up:

Description: PS ONE System
Department: 02

They should be able to find a store near you that might have one. If anyone lives in Minnesota I checked this morning and there was one store near the Mall of America with 4 left(I don't remember what city, but you can call your GameStop and they can check). There are no coupons that can further discount new systems. RARELY EVER would a GameStop discount a BRAND NEW system. They track that stuff on us, and if we ever maually override it we could get a first and final warning. Apparently, it's THAT serious. :hot:

[quote name='fuchikoma']New or used? I've been checking the new bundles for the last few months looking for a drop but they always rang up full price. The used combo was down to $30 at one point.

Box is hardly 'mint', but it's to be expected after 6 years in an EB.[/QUOTE]

Can you scan the receipt with the the SKU on it, I still would like to check if my local State has it at least.

[quote name='Sharingan Tony']I work at a GameStop, so I can confirm this deal. As of Thursday morning(04-10-08) all the PS ONE Systems BRAND NEW are $19.99, and the PS ONE Systems w/LCD Screen are $29.99. If you would like a system you can kindly ask an employee at GameStop to do a "SKU search" for you. I don't have the SKU on hand at the moment, but if you tell an employee to look up:

They should be able to find a store near you that might have one. If anyone lives in Minnesota I checked this morning and there was one store near the Mall of America with 4 left(I don't remember what city, but you can call your GameStop and they can check). There are no coupons that can further discount new systems. RARELY EVER would a GameStop discount a BRAND NEW system. They track that stuff on us, and if we ever maually override it we could get a first and final warning. Apparently, it's THAT serious. :hot:[/QUOTE]

I'm be willing to buy it for 29.99 + $10 extra to cover any shipping charges. I might just call my GS and see if they have them in stock

[quote name='Sharingan Tony']I work at a GameStop, so I can confirm this deal. As of Thursday morning(04-10-08) all the PS ONE Systems BRAND NEW are $19.99, and the PS ONE Systems w/LCD Screen are $29.99. If you would like a system you can kindly ask an employee at GameStop to do a "SKU search" for you. I don't have the SKU on hand at the moment, but if you tell an employee to look up:

They should be able to find a store near you that might have one. If anyone lives in Minnesota I checked this morning and there was one store near the Mall of America with 4 left(I don't remember what city, but you can call your GameStop and they can check). There are no coupons that can further discount new systems. RARELY EVER would a GameStop discount a BRAND NEW system. They track that stuff on us, and if we ever maually override it we could get a first and final warning. Apparently, it's THAT serious. :hot:[/quote]

Thanks! I thought it was just the screen.
An extra $3 for the system would be fine...lol:booty:

[quote name='donut']Uhhh it's an accessory, and I just bought the PS3 DS3 about an hour ago with the coupon...another accessory..[/quote]
It's a system.

for everyone who requested it

psoneuh6.jpg

I am working at GameStop tomorrow from 2PM-10PM. I am willing to do a store search for anyone that wants to leave their ZIP CODE. I know some employees at GameStops are lazy asses or asses in general, but I'm not one of them :applause:

I will be checking this thread tomorrow before I work, so leave your ZIP CODE if you want me to search and I'll post a reply tomorrow after work(10:15PMish).

I could use a new PSone since my old PSX is nearly FUBAR. Hope one of my local stores still has it.

Sharingan Tony: my zip is 91344. Thanks!

I paid almost $150 for mine (it was brand new in box granted) and I love it to death. While it's true that I don't play it much (just so busy with other games/systems) it's WELL worth it at that price. I even have an imported PSone from Japan so I can play Japanese games on the go as well as US ones. That's how much I love my portable PSone ^_^ If you see one, test it out in the store and if it looks good ... GET IT. It's costs the same as a budget new release, and I think it has a lot more value in the long run =-) The car idea is not a bad idea... I even bought the cigarette lighter charger for it and it works wonders. Though I look rather weird pulling over to play RPGs =P

[quote name='Sharingan Tony']I am working at GameStop tomorrow from 2PM-10PM. I am willing to do a store search for anyone that wants to leave their ZIP CODE. I know some employees at GameStops are lazy asses or asses in general, but I'm not one of them :applause:

I will be checking this thread tomorrow before I work, so leave your ZIP CODE if you want me to search and I'll post a reply tomorrow after work(10:15PMish).[/quote]
91765 or 92708 (work), within a 20 mile radius, if you please. Thanks a lot for offering! :applause:

Listen, here is an alternative to those who can not find them at the Gamestops. FYE. That's right, FYE. About a week and a half ago, I was picking up some games and as I was checking out at the register I started to scour the front of the store, and as I looked to my left, Lo and Behold! 3 PS One Combo systems sitting on a clearance table for $39.99 each. I said to myself. "I know those green boxes anywhere!" I grabbed all 3, added them to my order and the rest is history.

Now I know that these are $10 more, but just ask the people at FYE. They have a ton of stuff like this lying around in there stockrooms. Over the past year or so I have bought about 7 of these things and sold them on Ebay and Amazon. I'm willing to bet that you will be able to find these at FYE before you can find them at Gamestop.

ricoraney is totally right about FYE (I still have no idea how that store stays in business...everytime I go in I'm the only customer). Anyway, I went in there not long ago and they had brand new PSone controllers (the white ones with grey buttons that I oh-so-love), brand new combo systems and LCD screens seperately. What a deal =)

Could you check for me too 48197? 20 or 50 (super edit) screw it as big a search as you can make mile radius i dont mind road trips

PS, what your doing is an awesome thing!!!

Thanks so much

bread's done
Back