GS TIV/Promos: Old thread, check first/last post for link to new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8368135

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trader Offer 3/10%, 5/20%, 7+/30% (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, trade any 5 for an extra 20% or 7 or more for an extra 30%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/07/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% -LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, or Portal 2 (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat or Portal 2.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, Portal 2. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

3DS Trade Up Offer (Ends 4/30/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a new Nintendo 3DS for only $149.99 when trading your DSi XL. Trade in your DSi and get it for $174.99 or trade in your DS lite and get it for $199.99.

DSiWare downloadable content and point balances are not currently transferable to Nintendo 3DS. Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Nintendo 3DS. Net retail is after trade. 3DS' regular retail price is $249.99. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer expires 04/30/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Any games traded toward a new 3DS game (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward any new 3DS game.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of any new 3DS game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values. Sixth post had hardware/accessory values for all systems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
2-26

iconxbox360.gif
Call of Duty: Black Ops - $24
iconwii.gif
Donkey Kong Country Returns - $22

[quote name='theeipi']They need to scan the power up pro card[/QUOTE]
You think i would leave without them swiping my card, fuck no
[quote name='Kurosaki-san']How much did they give you for it? I'm wanna get rid of mines.[/QUOTE]

i got 125, but i traded in a classic controller pro and motion plus

[quote name='chrollo']You think i would leave without them swiping my card, fuck no[/QUOTE]
That's the thing.
If they did scanned the PowerUp card, you were supposed to get the extra $50, not the $25.

If you didn't you may want to contact the store and see what happened. As long as the receipt shows the number of the card and you only receiving the $25 bonus.

But if you got $125 you did got the extra $50 and some higher values too. Since based on the "old" values; the base value of the Wii was $40 earlier in January. With the extra $50 it goes to $90, plus $6 for the Classic Controller and $6 for Motion Plus..$90 + 12 = $102. Leaving $23 of value on something else; probably other stuff you traded or just higher values.

But if your receipt says other wise, you'll be better contacting them.

base values
psp
Star ocean second evolution -5
Tales of the world:radiant mythology-5
Kingdom hearts birth by sleep-9
final fantasy tactics war of the lions-4

ps3
yakuza 3-9
resonance of fate 9
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2-10
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011-15

Xbox360
Super Street Fighter 4-8
Assassins Creed Brotherhood-20

Base TIV 2/27

:ps3:

Heavy Rain $10

:360:

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $17
Castlevania: LOS $16
Test Drive Unlimited 2: $15
Enslaved: $5

[quote name='Googer']2/26:

Core 360 + wireless controller: $50.00 base
64 MB memory card: $1.00[/QUOTE]

$50 base + $50 bonus? thought it was $40 base, i guess $10 does make a difference.

[quote name='RiDy91']If I trade in my DSi towards the pre-order of the 3DS, will I get an additional $25 on top of the original $75?[/QUOTE]

No you get one promo or the other, whichever gives you more.

[quote name='MSUHitman']FYI everyone might want to keep an eye out for used copies of 360 Borderlands GotY editions. The new print run of them has the DLC on a 2nd disk ala Fallout, Oblivion, Dragon Age, etc. The box art is also slightly changed as it lists having all the DLC but not saying "tokens" for the DLC packs.

Here's a link to the used 360 version.
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/borderlands-game-of-the-year/90137[/QUOTE]

This was posted on goozex forums as a head's up:

I believe I've found the difference between the two game cases.

http://www.logicbuy.com/datastore/userdeals/634264314723884416borderlands-goty-edition.jpg

http://www.gameplaycanada.com/images/xbox-360-borderlands-goty-mezapstbc[1].jpg

It seems the editions that display the Duke Nukem Forever pass are the ones with the DLC are disk. This is the same art that appears at Amazon.
An update:

I just heard from a friend that he got the Duke Nukem promo on his copy, but no 2nd disc--codes only. It seems like the sure-fire identifier is the UPC code.

No the difference is the digital add-ons version says "tokens for all 4 add-on packs" on the cover while the new version is what you posted, just "all 4 add-on packs." I believe the Duke Nukem one is only on the old version as the versions I saw today in Gamestop did not have the Duke Nukem sticker on them and the used copy had the 2nd disk holder ala Dragon Age, Fallout, Oblivion, for two disks.

Base trade in 2/26/11
ps3 games
The Darkness-$1.50
the Simpsons game- $6
Lost Planet Extreme Condition- $6
Condemned 2- $2

Xbox 360
wet- $5
Velvet Assasin- $2.50
Condemned-.75

(360)
Assassin's Creed - $3
Assassin's Creed 2 - $6

Also I tried trading in a GBA SP charger but they don't take it no more. It was worth a try.

[quote name='Masquerade'](360)
Assassin's Creed - $3
Assassin's Creed 2 - $6

Also I tried trading in a GBA SP charger but they don't take it no more. It was worth a try.[/QUOTE]

You might want to try another store if you have one that is not too much out of the way because this may not be a company wide policy. I have seen employees deny trades of things I know they were still taking as a company (probably cause they didn't want to deal with something they would have a hard time selling). Specific examples that I have personal experience with them denying at one store while getting it accepted at others include the standard AV cables and the Ethernet cable for the Xbox 360. Again, not worth worrying over or going out of your way for something so cheap, but any item specific denial could be a YMMV until it has been confirmed to be company wide like those guitar controllers that nobody takes.

[quote name='pizzaflavoredpudding']2-26

iconxbox360.gif
Call of Duty: Black Ops - $24
iconwii.gif
Donkey Kong Country Returns - $22[/QUOTE]

Was that before or after the 50% bonus?

[quote name='johnnymavrik']For Black Ops at least, that should be before. I got the same amount last week.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks for the update. I've been putting off selling it due to laziness -- $36 is good enough for me.

[quote name='Mattte']Awesome, thanks for the update. I've been putting off selling it due to laziness -- $36 is good enough for me.[/QUOTE]

I tend to spend the extra $14.99 a year to get the extra 10% ($2.40 in this case). I usually at least break even with extra trade-in credit (and discount on used games) and get the mag to read, for whatever that is worth.

Traded (PS3):
Uncharted - Drake's Fortune: $8
C&C Red Alert 3: $9
Ratchet & Clank - A Crack in Time: $7
Enslaved: $5

[quote name='tiveally']Does anyone know the trade in value for Marvel vs Capcom 3 S.E?[/QUOTE]

Probably the same as the R.E .

Yea i'd just trade the MvC3 in as disc only and keep everything else. It's the same price...

I've got a bag of junk cables/accessories to trade in today along with a couple games. So i'll be updating some oddballs whenever I get back. :)

do they give the $25 credit on any trade-in, even the trade-in value of your game is worth $3? (Nevermind, i saw its for System only)

[quote name='coopx']do they give the $25 credit on any trade-in, even the trade-in value of your game is worth $3? (Nevermind, i saw its for System only)[/QUOTE]

Yes, go ahead and trade ten crap games and get $250 :lol:

Gamestop Base line Trade In Values: 2 27 11

TC Splinter Cell Conviction: $4
Shaun White Snowboarding: $2.50
Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands: $5
AC 2: $6
Gold's Gym: $7
My Baby Girl: $7
Price is Right: $7
Galactrix: $0.75
Bomberman Land Touch: $1.50
Little Red Riding Hood and the Zombie BBQ: $1

Not a bad deal, I got 182 dollars by trading in my 360, extra controller, Reach, halo 3, rockband 2, and GOW2. I did hesitate for a second, but considering I'm Halo'd out, Gears 3 is the only game I'll miss and I won't miss paying for Live. So glad the Mass Effect universe is now on the PS3.

As of 2/27
(All base values)

:360:
Call of Duty: Black Ops $24.00
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $20.00

:wii:
Donkey Kong Country Returns $22.00
Kirby's Epic Yarn $16.00

Traded today:

Killzone 3 - 25
Halo Reach - 17
360 play charge kit - 5.75
Ethernet cables - .25 ( x3 old junky ones)
Hdmi cable - 4.00 (x2 short monoprice cables)
Gamecube generic 1x memory card 1.50

$84.79 after powerup card and 50% games bump.

Didn't like KZ MP got it at Kmart for basically $40. Kept the socom beta and the case. :) preordered socom to get the exclusive map pack.

[quote name='AJamal']I don't know if this is an option for you, but Bestbuy is offering $15 for DA:O (http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm?kw=dragon+age&pf=all). Also I don't think waiting it out would net more credit, it goes for $6 ($9 with the 50% bonus) right now, I'd say the chances of it getting higher than that are low.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that.

However, I had an absolutely terrible experience at Best Buy, yet again (didn’t think it was possible!). Wasted 30 minutes of my life to finally get a $15 trade-in. I sold the gift card later that day. Never shopping at Best Buy again.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']I just came back from GameStop and it definitely said:

Blops for all 3 platforms was $18 base. I didn't trade my copies in, but damn wtf?

Donkey Kong Country Returns is $20 also...[/QUOTE]
F**k, I hope this isn't true. I really want $36 for Black Ops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back