GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, check first/last posts for link to new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread located here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7529052

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 10% extra in-store credit when you trade any game, 20% extra when you trade 3 or 30% when you trade 5 or more.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Madden NFL 11. (Ends 8/22/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Madden NFL when you bring in any two select games.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Madden NFL 2011 only. Madden releases 8/10. Release date subject to change. $40 savings is net after trades. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. No rainchecks. See store associate for details. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 11, Metroid: Other M. (Ends 8/22/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Limited Time Power Trade: Get 25% extra in-store credit when you trade your old games toward a new Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10. [/QUOTE]

Extra $20 trade-in credit on handheld hardware. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Bring in your DS or PSP today and get a $20 extra in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
I just unloaded all my Wii hardware and accessories (the Wii games I will ebay for more $)
Here is what I got for GS TIV...

:wii:Wii - all base TIV on 7/15/2010
Wii console $60
Wii balance board $24
Wii nyko charge station with 2 battery packs $3.25
Wiimote controller $13.50!!!
Wii Nunchuk controller $6.75
Wii MotionPlus x 2 $10 each
3rd Party Wii Component video cable $4.50
xbox 360 charge and play wire (no battery) $3.50

so $135.50 total for Wii stuff my kids stopped playing with long ago. I just picked up a new PS3 slim from tiger direct with a Bing cashback discount for $254 total so I feel like I just traded sh$t for gold! Throw in about $40 net from ebaying Wii games and my new PS3 slim will be $78 out of pocket
:bouncy:

7/15

:360: Base
NBA 2k9: $1
Unreal Tournament 3: $2.50
Street Fighter 4: $3
Fight Night Round 4: $5
NBA Live 10: $9

:ps3: Base
Warhawk: $2.50

:ps2: Base
Twisted Metal Black: $1.75
God of War: $4.50
Final Fantasy XII: $3.50

:ds: Base
Scribblenauts: $10.25
Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword: $3

All in all, I got 25% extra for putting it towards NCAA Football 11, plus 10% for my edge card and I ended up getting $73.91. Not bad for a bunch of dust-collectors. NBA Live 10 is the only game there that I had played within the past 2 months.

:wii: componet cable 4.50
:ds: DS lite ac adapter 3.00
DSi ac adapter 3.00
:psp: car charger 1.75

:ds: Chinatown wars 6.25
:ds: N+ 2.50
:ds: Glory of heracles 2.75
:ds: Advance wars days of ruin 2.25
:ds: My sims kingdom 3.75
:ds: Rayman Raving Rabbids TV party 3.00
:ds: Zelda Phantom Hourglass 4.50
:ds: Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon 5.00
:psp: Metal gear acid 2.00
:ps3: WWE Smackdown 2008 1.50
:360: Banjo-Kazooie nuts and bolts 6.00
:360: Viva Pinata 3.00
:360: Street Fighter 4 3.00
:360: Halo Wars 7.00
:360: Blue Dragon 2.00

JP, thanks for all the hard work on the thread. If it weren't for you, I'd be sitting on all these old games instead of taking the plunge and trading them in to Gamestop. :D

These base TIV's are from today, 7/15:

Gamecube

Paper Mario: Thousand-Year Door $5.25

PS2

God of War (Greatest Hits) $4.50
God of War 2 $5.25
Shadow of the Colossus $5.50

Other

Xbox 360 Headset Wired $5.00
Universal HDMI Cable $5.25

Updated lists and database.
[quote name='murphbri']JP, thanks for all the hard work on the thread.[/QUOTE]
I can't take the credit. It's because of people like you reporting your TIVs that give me something to do. I owe all of you guys thanks, so thanks everybody for continuing to make this thread and the CAG database as awesome as it is.

[quote name='JP']Updated lists and database.

I can't take the credit. It's because of people like you reporting your TIVs that give me something to do. I owe all of you guys thanks, so thanks everybody for continuing to make this thread and the CAG database as awesome as it is.[/QUOTE]

any word on the next promos?

All on 360

Red Dead - 25
Blur - 20
Tiger Woods 11 - 20
Crackdown 2 - 25
AvP - 11
NHL 08 - 1

I had a problem when trading in though... only 3 of the games got the 10 dollar bonus. I confronted them about it when I got my receipt but all they said was NHL didn't work towards the deal because it was an older sports game. I thought every game a dollar and over counted. :\

I've highlighted the key passage.

[quote name='GameStop.com'] Trade 3 Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP games and get a $10 trade bonus.

Games with a trade value of $1 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 06/07/10 - 07/18/10.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JP']I've highlighted the key passage.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I quickly skimmed it before I left and thought it was less than $1 didn't count. I'm glad the gamestop employee was so on the ball that he said "well, this game is less than 2 dollars so it doesn't count" before saying "possibly sports games aren't accepted".

Some TIV's from last night:

Base value(w/ EDGE + 3/$10 bonus)

Brutal Legend:ps3:-$5.00($8.83)
WET:ps3:-$5.00($8.83)
Sudoku Ball Detective:ds:-$2.00($5.54)

All totalled I got $23.20 on games that cost me $5.30 total.:lol:

I have a question. Gamestop.com was offering a coupon " SHIP713 " for free overnight shipping. It says it expires TODAY the 16th but still working.

Anyone know if they are always late for coupon expires ? I'm going to use it in 3 hours so hopefully not before then.

[quote name='murphbri']JP, thanks for all the hard work on the thread. If it weren't for you, I'd be sitting on all these old games instead of taking the plunge and trading them in to Gamestop. :D

These base TIV's are from today, 7/15:

Gamecube

Paper Mario: Thousand-Year Door $5.25

PS2

God of War (Greatest Hits) $4.50
God of War 2 $5.25
Shadow of the Colossus $5.50

Other

Xbox 360 Headset Wired $5.00
Universal HDMI Cable $5.25[/QUOTE]

On that XBOX wired headset, is that just the normal headset that you get with your new xbox? Im wondering because I have 5 or 6 of them bad boys laying around so i might have to unload 1 or 2 of them.

Next promo according to gamestop marketing materials is trade 2 save 40 on madden 11. 25% promo on any trades towards the preorder or purchase of any new game!

Updated Values:
Wii:
Madden 09 - $3.00 (7/14/10)
DS:
Deal or No Deal - $4.50 (7/14/10) - $0.50 increase!

New to List:
DS:
Dawn of Discovery - $3.50 (7/14/10)

7/16/10
Wii:
Mario Party 8 - $17
Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz - $5

DS:
Chrono Trigger: $5.25
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue - $2.75

Base TIVs from today:

:psp:
Star Wars: Battelfront 2 $3.25
Patapon $2.25
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee $1.25
Twisted Metal: Head On $2.50
Crush $1.75
Chili Con Carnage $1.50

[quote name='loc0bob']On that XBOX wired headset, is that just the normal headset that you get with your new xbox? Im wondering because I have 5 or 6 of them bad boys laying around so i might have to unload 1 or 2 of them.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I traded in the one that came with my old 20GB Pro. Only ever used it for Endwar.

[quote name='deadandbrok3n']I have a question. Gamestop.com was offering a coupon " SHIP713 " for free overnight shipping. It says it expires TODAY the 16th but still working.

Anyone know if they are always late for coupon expires ? I'm going to use it in 3 hours so hopefully not before then.
[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for the coupon code! I've been waiting for free overnight shipping to place my pre-order for Halo Reach online to get the $20 credit (getting it via Gamestop as I have a decent amount of credit there.)

Here is a question... a GM said he was going to have me taken care of once the reserved units have been filled by other customers first...given the fact that the promo ends in the next few days... and it will be weeks before I get my shot...can a GM override the system to give me that promo later so I can still get my trade in bonus (extra 10 for 3), plus the hard ware bonus and so on? I heard this is possible.

07/16
Xbox 360
Afro Samurai $3.00
Blazing Angels 2 $3.00
Gears of War 2 $5.00
Amped 3 $2.00
Rainbow Six Vegas $1.50
Mx vs Atv Untamed $6.00
Medal of Honor Airborne $5.00
Call of Duty 4 $2.50

Nintendo DS
Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword $3.00

[quote name='MySaturdaySelf']anybody trades in a xbox 60gb hdd recently?

is still $35?[/QUOTE]

60 GB HD - $16 (6/18/10)

The first post is awesome :applause:

Some trade-in values from yesterday(largely PS3):

Base(after bonus bump)-

:ps3:Bioshock 2-$10.00($14.33)
:ps3:Borderlands-$12.00($21.20)
:ps3:Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2-$10.00($21.00)
:ps3:X-Blades-$3.00($6.63)
:ds:Sudoku Ball Detective(my FINAL copy FINALLY)-$2($5.54)

I used Borderlands and MUA2 towards the Madden 2011 bonus bump promo and the rest towards the 3/$10 dealie. I came out with $26.50 from the 3/$10 trades by itself.

All totalled including a return I did on a copy of Star Ocean International's guide for $21.19 I got about $80-ish in credit back tonight.

After tonight's trades and return I have $56 on my EDGE card and another $42.20 locked up on that pre-order for Madden.

Didn't see this reported, but...

:ps3:Lego Harry Potter base TIV - $17...

I passed, since Amazon is giving $25, and even then I'd rather go the ebay route.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Here is a question... a GM said he was going to have me taken care of once the reserved units have been filled by other customers first...given the fact that the promo ends in the next few days... and it will be weeks before I get my shot...can a GM override the system to give me that promo later so I can still get my trade in bonus (extra 10 for 3), plus the hard ware bonus and so on? I heard this is possible.[/QUOTE]
They can do overrides and essentially make up their own promos as I had to go back and have them redo a bunch of trades last year when they missed 1-3 of my games for the bonus bumps.:cry:

They would have to enter it in as promo not found and manually enter in the amount of the promo bump(s) on their own. This is YMMV though. Personally I would just go to another Gamestop while the promos are still going and get them done there while they're still active in the system.
[quote name='elessar123']Didn't see this reported, but...

:ps3:Lego Harry Potter base TIV - $17...

I passed, since Amazon is giving $25, and even then I'd rather go the ebay route.[/QUOTE]
If you had a second game in your collection that you didn't care if you traded it in or not that qualified for the Madden 2011 promo bump, that promo would've bumped LHP to $21.70 and the other game to whatever the total would be for it after promo + EDGE bump.

So in the end you would've lost only $3.30 on LHP versus going the Amazon route or taking your chances with Fleabay.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']They can do overrides and essentially make up their own promos as I had to go back and have them redo a bunch of trades last year when they missed 1-3 of my games for the bonus bumps.:cry:

They would have to enter it in as promo not found and manually enter in the amount of the promo bump(s) on their own. This is YMMV though. Personally I would just go to another Gamestop while the promos are still going and get them done there while they're still active in the system.

If you had a second game in your collection that you didn't care if you traded it in or not that qualified for the Madden 2011 promo bump, that promo would've bumped LHP to $21.70 and the other game to whatever the total would be for it after promo + EDGE bump.

So in the end you would've lost only $3.30 on LHP versus going the Amazon route or taking your chances with Fleabay.[/QUOTE]

Still pretty crappy, imo =3

It all depends upon what you paid for the games in the first place. As for me, I never trade in shit that I paid more money for. It's usually strictly clearance games or stuff I got from sale glitches or coupons or whatever.

[quote name='Velo214']all base
Tekken 6 ps3 $8.00
Dirt 2 ps3 $8.00
~manager set me up a preorder bonus n bumped it up to 41.60, woot.[/QUOTE]

Hope you like football Velo. :)
Yeah I know you can cancel it and have the $41.60 in credit, just teasing.

[quote name='Guerrilla']Trade 3 games, get an extra $10 Credit. (Ends 7/18/10)

Does this end at end of day 7/18?[/QUOTE]

Why don't you trade your games before then and stop worrying
:roll:

[quote name='tears2040']Why don't you trade your games before then and stop worrying
:roll:[/QUOTE]
Probably because the refrigerator water filter just broke at my girlfriend's house and spewed water all over the kitchen floor, meanwhile my games are 30 miles away at my house.
Priorities, jackass. :roll:

[quote name='Guerrilla']Trade 3 games, get an extra $10 Credit. (Ends 7/18/10)

Does this end at end of day 7/18?[/QUOTE]

Yes any Gamestop in-store promotion ends when they close the doors that day. FYI most of them end after close on either Saturday or Sunday, except for the weekly coupon deals. Those always end close of business on Thursday as they're Friday-Thursday coupons.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']They can do overrides and essentially make up their own promos as I had to go back and have them redo a bunch of trades last year when they missed 1-3 of my games for the bonus bumps.:cry:

[/QUOTE]

yea I better trade the stuff in because of the TIV change a lot...and holding out until he (the DM) can get me one might screw me over as he could probably still allow for the 100 credit + on the old 360 but the games might devalue themselves further. So basically get the stuff traded in and put on a card, wait for the DM to call and then put the credits in towards the new unit.

Would I be better off selling my PS3 80GB with backwards compatiable (MGS4 bundle wihtout the game) on Ebay/Craigslist or just take the $200 at gamestop?

Does anyone here think GameStop will give you more if you trade in a PSP 2000 towards a Nintendo 3DS sometime right before it's released? I know for sure they'll do it for the DS Lite and up, maybe even original. I asked and they said they think that'd be the best time but that doesn't really say anything to me.

7-17

iconps3.gif

Bolt - 4.00

I'm itchin' to get back Mass Effect 2 or Rock Band 2...but i want to use some GS credit, so i need to cut some games.

Looking at trading:

Darksiders- $9
R6V2 LE- $4
Fallout 3- $5

plus EDGE & the bonus $10...

I'm worried though...considering I could just wait it out a week or so on here and hopefully sell these for more than the credit they're worth..

ughhh.....

[quote name='jcp42877']
I'm worried though...considering I could just wait it out a week or so on here and hopefully sell these for more than the credit they're worth..

ughhh.....[/QUOTE]

why do you think so?

[quote name='mrman1980']why do you think so?[/QUOTE]

well, i mean they're 3 fairly popular games...

I'd only ask $20 for Darksiders, $20 for the R6v2 LE WITH Keychain (these are like $20+ USED on ebay even), and like $12 for FO3..

so not a huge difference, but still more than $9, $4, and $5

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back