GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, check first/last posts for link to new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread located here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7529052

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 10% extra in-store credit when you trade any game, 20% extra when you trade 3 or 30% when you trade 5 or more.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Madden NFL 11. (Ends 8/22/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Madden NFL when you bring in any two select games.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Madden NFL 2011 only. Madden releases 8/10. Release date subject to change. $40 savings is net after trades. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. No rainchecks. See store associate for details. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 11, Metroid: Other M. (Ends 8/22/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Limited Time Power Trade: Get 25% extra in-store credit when you trade your old games toward a new Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10. [/QUOTE]

Extra $20 trade-in credit on handheld hardware. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Bring in your DS or PSP today and get a $20 extra in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, yeah, im not getting madden11 at all, gonna cancel as soon as i get there and the manager that set up the preorder isnt there, no luck today... also shot down my 10off coupon, so i guess its only good the day i use it...
oh yeah base value tiv's
Battlefield Bad Company ps3- 5.00
Bionic Commando ps3 - 1.75
Ener-g Gym Rockets ds - 2.50
peace

[quote name='Guerrilla']Probably because the refrigerator water filter just broke at my girlfriend's house and spewed water all over the kitchen floor, meanwhile my games are 30 miles away at my house.
Priorities, jackass. :roll:[/QUOTE]
I guess this is why I'm single still, since I would've been like 'I gotta go home for something' to them and go do my trades before the promo ends.

Now if it were family or my closest of close friends on the other hand, that might change things. But I'd still be trying to run to the store before close to do the trades.:lol:
[quote name='Robert R1']Would I be better off selling my PS3 80GB with backwards compatiable (MGS4 bundle wihtout the game) on Ebay/Craigslist or just take the $200 at gamestop?[/QUOTE]
I would say to just do the $200 promo at Gamestop, unless you like dealing with lowballing jackoffs for over a month to try and sell the system on Craigslist. That's what the majority of shleps that respond to ads are.
[quote name='jcp42877']I'm itchin' to get back Mass Effect 2 or Rock Band 2...but i want to use some GS credit, so i need to cut some games.

Looking at trading:

Darksiders- $9
R6V2 LE- $4
Fallout 3- $5

plus EDGE & the bonus $10...

I'm worried though...considering I could just wait it out a week or so on here and hopefully sell these for more than the credit they're worth..

ughhh.....[/QUOTE]
Considering the fact that Fallout 3 is gonna be $9 this next week and Darksiders is poised to drop to $20 soon like all THQ titles do I'd just trade the games before the values sink any further. Furthermore, for most LE/CE/SE games they just toss out or take home the extra stuff, so keep the extra stuff and just take in the game from the LE.

TIV's from my transaction today before edge/ 3 - 10 promo.

:ps3:

Burnout Paradise - 6.00
Warhawk - 2.50
Killzone 2 - 6.00
Socom: Confrontation - 2.50
Guitar Hero 5 - 9.00
Brutal Legend - 5.00
Guitar Hero: Metallica - 10.00
Rock Band Beatles - 8.00
Rock Band 2 - 7.00

Traded yesterday (all PS3):

Ninja Gaiden Sigma - $4
Assassins Creed -$4
Rock Band - $2

With the extra $10 this worked out better than the 50% bonus a few weeks back.

[quote name='rjbooth']Next promo according to gamestop marketing materials is trade 2 save 40 on madden 11. 25% promo on any trades towards the preorder or purchase of any new game![/QUOTE]
[quote name='GameStop Employee']$200 on ps3's continues
3 for $10 extra is gone
25% bonus credit for games traded toward purchase or preorder of any new games. [/QUOTE]
New promos that start Monday.

So a heads up to everybody...

If your game has a TIV of under $14, trade it now or you'll lose that $3.33

Otherwise, you can be patient & actually make a few more dollars. IE, trading 3 games with a $20 TIV will get you $15 in bonus + $6 in EDGE/PowerUp. And you could put the credit on a game with a release date months away.

Hey JP, do you know if they are pulling the list that was used for Crackdown 2/Madden? I almost feel bad that I've traded in so many Dirt 2s in the past 3 months.

Base TIV from Today:

Fallout 3 (PS3) 5.00
Blur (X360) 20.00
Birthday Party Bash (Wii) 3.00
Hasbro Family Game Night (Wii) 3.00
Unreal Tournament III (PS3) 2.00
Dead Space (PS3) 6.00
Summer Sports 2: Island Sports Party (Wii) 3.00
Facebreaker KO (Wii) 3.00

[quote name='rp71284']So a heads up to everybody...

If your game has a TIV of under $14, trade it now or you'll lose that $3.33

Otherwise, you can be patient & actually make a few more dollars. IE, trading 3 games with a $20 TIV will get you $15 in bonus + $6 in EDGE/PowerUp. And you could put the credit on a game with a release date months away.

Hey JP, do you know if they are pulling the list that was used for Crackdown 2/Madden? I almost feel bad that I've traded in so many Dirt 2s in the past 3 months.[/QUOTE]

I have the list in front of me. Dirt 2 is only on the list for PS3

[quote name='rjbooth']I have the list in front of me. Dirt 2 is only on the list for PS3[/QUOTE]

Oh ok. I'll dump all the 360 ones I have tomorrow then since it got dropped.

xbox 60gb hdd $16

well this is my first trade in and probably my last.. never feel good about pricing strategy they used there at gamestop.. still holding all my games for amazon.

Guys, kinda curious. Is the $200 for a PS3 trade-in still valid tomorrow? Does 7/18 mean that's the last day it'll be valid.. or should I be worried?

[quote name='SpaceFox']Guys, kinda curious. Is the $200 for a PS3 trade-in still valid tomorrow? Does 7/18 mean that's the last day it'll be valid.. or should I be worried?[/QUOTE]

You would have been fine, but JP says it's continuing anyway. So you're definitely fine.

[quote name='bgame2']You would have been fine, but JP says it's continuing anyway. So you're definitely fine.[/QUOTE]

So here's my question. They have this huge number of used Xbox 360s and now a growing number of PS3s sitting in the back rooms. Are they hoping they will cross-breed into some hybrid next-gen system? A frankenstation that has a huge library, good online gaming that doesn't cost money, and doesn't RROD when you look at it sideways?

[quote name='bananafish900']So here's my question. They have this huge number of used Xbox 360s and now a growing number of PS3s sitting in the back rooms. Are they hoping they will cross-breed into some hybrid next-gen system? A frankenstation that has a huge library, good online gaming that doesn't cost money, and doesn't RROD when you look at it sideways?[/QUOTE]
I think Gamestop is hoping for short supplies for this upcoming holiday season.

So i traded the ps3 in they didnt check uf the warranty sticker was there so i dont believe they care. I believe i did pretty good considering i bought that 40gb ps3 for 60 dollars ylod and fixed it and got 200 and bought a slim.

PS3
Prototype - 8.00
Brutal Legend - 5.00
Mercenaries 2 - 4.00
Dark Void - 4.00
Resistance 2 - 6.00
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - 7.00
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena - 4.00

Wii
Dead Space Extraction - 7.00
Madworld - 2.00

Total after bonus 76.70

[quote name='rjbooth']I think Gamestop is hoping for short supplies for this upcoming holiday season.[/QUOTE]

That or getting those people that normally only look at PS2's or Wii's to consider getting a 360 or PS3 because of the used discount.

[quote name='crjav8er']Traded yesterday (all PS3):

Ninja Gaiden Sigma - $4
Assassins Creed -$4
Rock Band - $2

With the extra $10 this worked out better than the 50% bonus a few weeks back.[/QUOTE]

Trade X get $X works best until the games get around the $12 base TIV mark.

7/18/2010

Lesson for today: check your receipt before heading home. The employees from the Gamestop I went to entered the code from an upcoming Starcraft 2 trade-in promo (starting on the 19th, therefore it wasn't effective yet). Fortunately the visiting manager was smart enough to consult the "old" promotion book which covered the 18th.

Base TIVs:

:ps2: Gun - $2.25
:ps2: Ultimate Spider-Man - $1.75
:ps2: Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy - $1.25
:ps2: Hot Shots Golf 3 - $0.70
:ps2: Medal of Honor: European Assault - $2.25
:ps2: Splinter Cell - $0.90
:ps2: Splinter Cell: Double Agent - $2.50
:ps2: Tekken Tag Tournament - $1.75
:ps2: Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy - $1.00
:ps2: Risk Global Domination - $3.00
:ps2: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - $2.00
:ps2: Hitman: Blood Money - $2.00
:ps2: Dance Dance Revolution: Extreme 2 - $1.75
:ps2: Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $0.90
:ps2: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - $2.00
:ps2: Triple Play 2002 - $0.20
:ps2: Madden NFL 2004 - $0.20
:ps2: Madden NFL 2003 - $0.20
:ps2: NCAA Football 2003 - $0.20

:ps2: Sony Official 8mb Memory Card - $2.75

I got 9 games to trade in, do they give you 10 for each 3 or they give you 10 for just the total trade ins? Wondering because if its 9 for 10 bucks extra, it isn't worth. Wondering if I get 10 for each 3 games I trade in from the 9 I have. Can it be all together or I have to trade 3 separate to get the 10 extra?

[quote name='segasaturnsnk']I got 9 games to trade in, do they give you 10 for each 3 or they give you 10 for just the total trade ins? Wondering because if its 9 for 10 bucks extra, it isn't worth. Wondering if I get 10 for each 3 games I trade in from the 9 I have. Can it be all together or I have to trade 3 separate to get the 10 extra?[/QUOTE]
For 9 (3 sets), you should get $30 extra. However, if you trade in too many sets at once it will start to cut off extra sets (I think after 3 or 4 sets).

Updated lists and database.

It does seem to cut off at 9 games. The multiples wont add up after that it seems.

Dang coudn't do the trade 3 for the extra $10 credit cause they dropped the TIV of Pure down to $1.00 doesn't that seem low for that game? Even Turok was $1.50 and Marvel/Forza 2 was $2.00

[quote name='bvol9']Dang coudn't do the trade 3 for the extra $10 credit cause they dropped the TIV of Pure down to $1.00 doesn't that seem low for that game? Even Turok was $1.50 and Marvel/Forza 2 was $2.00[/QUOTE]

Any individual game associated with those bundle pack-ins has super low TIV individually because people want the bundle package more since Gamestop charges nearly the same price. See Lego Indy 1/Kung Fu Panda.

Base TiV 7/18/10

Gamecube
NCAA Football 2004 - $0.45
NHL 2003 - $0.55

GBA
Franklin the Turtle - $0.80
Incredibles Rise of Underminer - $0.95

NBA 2K8 - $0.75

DS
Lego Indy Jones 2 - $6.25

TIV for 7/17/10

DS:
Overlord: Minions - 1.75
High School Musical: Makin the Cut - 2.00 (new to list I believe)
Mystery Case Files: Millionheir - 3.50
Hannah Montana: Music Jam - 3.00
Simpsons Game - 3.00
Rayman Raving Rabbids - 6.00
Wii Play (game only) - 3.00
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - 8.00 (new to list I believe)

PS2:
Simpson's The Game - 2.75
ESPN NBA 2K5 - 0.25

360:
James Cameron's Avatar: The Game - 7.00

:360:
GTA4 - $5
C&C Red Alert - $5
Banjo N&B - $6
Unreal Tour III - $2.50
Bully - $7
SF4 - $3
Fable 2 - $3

:ps3:
Fallout 3 - $4 (down $1)
Orange Box - $8 (up $.25)

I know this trade-in deal was really long, but I seem to have missed it.
When do you guys think the next tiered trade is gonna be? I have like 6-7 games I need to unload.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back