GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, check first/last posts for link to new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread located here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7529052

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 10% extra in-store credit when you trade any game, 20% extra when you trade 3 or 30% when you trade 5 or more.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Madden NFL 11. (Ends 8/22/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Madden NFL when you bring in any two select games.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Madden NFL 2011 only. Madden releases 8/10. Release date subject to change. $40 savings is net after trades. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. No rainchecks. See store associate for details. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 11, Metroid: Other M. (Ends 8/22/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Limited Time Power Trade: Get 25% extra in-store credit when you trade your old games toward a new Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10. [/QUOTE]

Extra $20 trade-in credit on handheld hardware. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Bring in your DS or PSP today and get a $20 extra in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='flagg1216']It is not supposed to work with power savers and likely their pos will not give you the 25%. It will be ymmv on getting the clerk to override the tiv's.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I had a clerk say no. But I asked him just to check it anyway. He rang up my trade ins and then the new game (GOW III) and it bumped them up 25%. So it does work, you just gotta find the right store/associate.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']Hopefully Darksiders is still around a $10 trade in value. I got it for $10 after coupon with this whole Power Saver and wow is this game generic. It's not bad, but I just feel I could spend my time playing better games. And let's also hope that LBP2 Collector's Edition will be ready to preorder by then.[/QUOTE]

Ya think? im loving Darksiders! You rather play Infamous? Now that game was way overhyped...talk about a boring, repetitious game.

[quote name='lude21']Ya think? im loving Darksiders! You rather play Infamous? Now that game was way overhyped...talk about a boring, repetitious game.[/QUOTE]

It took me awhile to get into Infamous, but I ended up loving it. Actually debating going through it a second time as evil. We all have our opinions I guess. I just feel that Darksiders doesn't have a single original element to the game. And the graphics are launch title at best. I'm not saying it's a terrible game, just that I feel it doesn't offer anything to keep me interested in playing it other than some trophies.

[quote name='Fjordson']Is the $23 Alan Wake TIV still active?[/QUOTE]

Call and ask yourself. The TIV posted in the OP is the most recent that we have as JP keeps this thread very up to date. If a TIV was posted a long time ago the only way to find out a new one is to call or try and trade it in.

Once you've called contribute to the thread by posting what you find!

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']Call and ask yourself. The TIV posted in the OP is the most recent that we have as JP keeps this thread very up to date. If a TIV was posted a long time ago the only way to find out a new one is to call or try and trade it in.

Once you've called contribute to the thread by posting what you find![/QUOTE]

aw, you mean work??

who wants to do that

[quote name='TheSportsGamer23']How do I go about doing this to make sure the credit can get on my EDGE card?[/QUOTE]

If you pay with credit, you'll get credit back; pay with cash and you'll get cash back. So if what you're doing is trading in for Madden pre-order and then returning it, you'll get credit.

May be YMMV but I was in a Gamestop that I don't normally go to and saw a sign for a 50% trade-in bonus on all games. I didn't ask about it but I'll check my local one tomorrow and update.

I was at Gamestop yesterday and heard that they no longer carry boxes for DS games. It this a new corporate policy or just in my area? If it is true then it really really sucks.

[quote name='malalrd']I was at Gamestop yesterday and heard that they no longer carry boxes for DS games. It this a new corporate policy or just in my area? If it is true then it really really sucks.[/QUOTE]

Not sure. Do you have a small store? Maybe it's a space saver thing or they're going to start putting DS games in the case they have GBA games in now.

[quote name='azngtlman']May be YMMV but I was in a Gamestop that I don't normally go to and saw a sign for a 50% trade-in bonus on all games. I didn't ask about it but I'll check my local one tomorrow and update.[/QUOTE]

That's something that some districts will have randomly for a weekend, or if they're getting a lot of competition from some other stores trade in programs.

[quote name='Capocci 007']Does the edge card work when u trade in ps3?[/QUOTE]

Edge doesn't apply to consoles, only games and accessories. So, no.

[quote name='sp00ge']Edge doesn't apply to consoles, only games and accessories. So, no.[/QUOTE]

Thought so. o well.

I know this has nothing to do with gamestop but where would I ask this? anyway I bought a ps3 mic in april at best buy and never use it because I have no one to play with online or any online games that I play for ps3. I still have the reciept. It's only a $20 mic. Chances they let me return it? It was a 3 month warantee'd mic but I'm guessing if only it broke.

[quote name='Capocci 007']Thought so. o well.

I know this has nothing to do with gamestop but where would I ask this? anyway I bought a ps3 mic in april at best buy and never use it because I have no one to play with online or any online games that I play for ps3. I still have the reciept. It's only a $20 mic. Chances they let me return it? It was a 3 month warantee'd mic but I'm guessing if only it broke.[/QUOTE]

You're past the return time frame for Best Buy. I think it is only 30 days with a receipt. Walmart or Target may take it without a receipt as long as you never opened it.

[quote name='dnarwhat']do you guys know if they will bring the 360 deal back[/QUOTE]

No, we don't. But if I were to bet, I'd say no. They're sitting on a massive pile of 360s as-is, it's probably not worth it for them.

What about the warranty seal? How strict are they about that? I want to trade in my ps3 but my table scratched/peeled a corner off the sticker.

[quote name='e Skrilla']What about the warranty seal? How strict are they about that? I want to trade in my ps3 but my table scratched/peeled a corner off the sticker.[/QUOTE]

YMMV some stores will only check to see if it works, some will look at everything. If you live in a metro area with lots of stores around, just go to a different store. DO NOT call them about this first if you can help it.

[quote name='blueweltall']Just checked out Gamestop and found out that an elitle trade-in is only worth $74!

Xbox 360 with wireless controller $50
120 HDD $24[/QUOTE]

What do you expect? I new one of that style is $150 so what are they charging for a used one, $130 or less? With the $200 stand along 360 Pure coming out in 2 weeks, you'll be lucky to get that much selling your old one on EBay/Craigslist/CAG. Plus as Time Paradox said, Gamestop is sitting on TONS of old 360's after that trade-in promotion.

[quote name='azngtlman']May be YMMV but I was in a Gamestop that I don't normally go to and saw a sign for a 50% trade-in bonus on all games. I didn't ask about it but I'll check my local one tomorrow and update.[/QUOTE]

Same in the New York City stores. +50% for all trades. I think we had another one either last week or the week before too.
Too bad today is the last day.
Managed to trade in NSMB Wii, SMG2, and Monster Hunter Tri.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Not sure. Do you have a small store? Maybe it's a space saver thing or they're going to start putting DS games in the case they have GBA games in now.[/QUOTE]

Starting October Gamestop will no longer carry DS cases for used games according to the guys I talked to. Like they did with GBA games. Some stores just started earlier.

[quote name='malalrd']Starting October Gamestop will no longer carry DS cases for used games according to the guys I talked to. Like they did with GBA games. Some stores just started earlier.[/QUOTE]

And when that happens, I'm sure that some rarer DS games will go up in price through resellers because of that.

[quote name='malalrd']I was at Gamestop yesterday and heard that they no longer carry boxes for DS games. It this a new corporate policy or just in my area? If it is true then it really really sucks.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. But even if they do shift to carrying only the DS cartridge itself instead of the game cases, that will likely mean I'll buy DS games used elsewhere like goHastings.com where you tend to have a good chance of getting the game complete.

I like purchasing things from Game Stop since their Trade-In promotions tend to be good, but they're far from being the only place to purchase games.

Hell, I guess this means I better get my generic case Professor Layton and the Curious Village switched out for the official one as soon as possible.

My local GS has a sealed copy of Phantasy Star Zero...hmm...now the question is do I keep Minish Cap & Phantom Hourglass or return them for Phantasy Star?

As a follow up, did take advantage of the 50% trade-in bonus at that store and traded in 3 games yesterday 7/25/10, all base values:

iconxbox360.gif

Borderlands: $12
NHL 10: $10

iconps3.gif

Valkyria Chronicles: $6

[quote name='malalrd']Starting October Gamestop will no longer carry DS cases for used games according to the guys I talked to. Like they did with GBA games. Some stores just started earlier.[/QUOTE]

And then I shall stop buying DS games used at GS.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']for PS3 trade in do they check that it just turns on or if it actually plays disks? or is it YMMV?[/QUOTE]

At the Gamestop that I went to, I had to wait 15 minutes because the clerk had to run a test to see if the fan would kick in after 15 minutes. First he asked me if anything was wrong with my system. He also checks the wi-fi, puts in a game, did not see him try a blu-ray movie, and hooks up power cable, A/V cable and USB cable to the controller.

so i traded some games toward the preorder of Starcraft II (which is having a midnight release tonight)

I have about $30 towards it. Could I trade more games toward it on a second visit using the 25% promo? Any help would be appreciated.

[quote name='backseatdog']so i traded some games toward the preorder of Starcraft II (which is having a midnight release tonight)

I have about $30 towards it. Could I trade more games toward it on a second visit using the 25% promo? Any help would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I would think that technically it is still a preorder if you go back before they start selling the game @ midnight...meaning the store likely closes around 9 or w/e & opens back up @ midnight.

Seems like a reasonable assumption, you should be able to trade games toward it right up until it's in your hot little hands. On another note:

TIVs - all :360:
Viking - 2.00
Blur - 20.00
Fallout 3 vanilla - 5.00

EDGE and Promo got me up to a few bucks shy of FO3 GOTY, which I went for.

[quote name='Robert R1']Crackdown 2 still $25?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']Call and ask yourself. The TIV posted in the OP is the most recent that we have as JP keeps this thread very up to date. If a TIV was posted a long time ago the only way to find out a new one is to call or try and trade it in.

Once you've called contribute to the thread by posting what you find![/QUOTE]

Please.

[quote name='backseatdog']so i traded some games toward the preorder of Starcraft II (which is having a midnight release tonight)

I have about $30 towards it. Could I trade more games toward it on a second visit using the 25% promo? Any help would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...I did that without a problem..traded in some games towards NHL 11 and went back a few minutes later and got an extra 25%.

[quote name='TheSportsGamer23']Yeah...I did that without a problem..traded in some games towards NHL 11 and went back a few minutes later and got an extra 25%.[/QUOTE]

sweet thanks, will come in handy.

Kinda OT but I didn't want to create a new thread. I bought SMG2 and got a $20 promo code a while back. Now when I try to preorder SC2 with the code, it says the code cannot be applied. Anyone know why? I've read that these codes are sometimes hard to use. I tried searching but to no avail..

[quote name='v1et r1ce']Kinda OT but I didn't want to create a new thread. I bought SMG2 and got a $20 promo code a while back. Now when I try to preorder SC2 with the code, it says the code cannot be applied. Anyone know why? I've read that these codes are sometimes hard to use. I tried searching but to no avail..[/QUOTE]

prob doesn't work on preorders, wait after midnight to try again.

Does anyone happen to know the trade-in value for the Halo Edition Xbox 360 console? Is it just the typical core console value?

I just got the RROD on it, but I thankfully had 5 days left in my 3-year warranty (wow did I get lucky); and I think I'm going to upgrade to the slim version once the 4GB version comes out (4GB version + 16GB flash drive = same as my current 20GB version anyways)

Do you think there will be a chance they'll run another trade-up promo when the 4GB version comes out next week?

[quote name='pezdukie']4GB version + 16GB flash drive = same as my current 20GB version anyways[/QUOTE]

You do lose the original Xbox backward compatibility with the new configuration. Not that most people probably care at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back