GS TIV: Trade 2/4/7 get extra $10/25/50 on 360/PS3/Wii games, $30 HW bonus on new HW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6866412

[quote name='CheapyD']I'd like to encourage you guys to submit your GameStop trade-in values to our database directly. You can access it from the main navigation bar under Retailers -> GameStop or here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/retailer.php?do=view&retailerid=13[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

Upcoming Promos:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I didn't see this posted here.

I work at GS and we just got the info on this in today's store informer. Basically 50% trade in credit on ALL games. Yes, every game and no minimum value. As usual it stacks with Edge card.

I know I have some crap to unload come Monday![/QUOTE]

flagg1216 also noted that this promo only goes for a week.

[quote name='flagg1216']wii/ps3/360 trade 2 for 20% bonus 4 for 30%bonus or 6+ for 40%

no other info.no pics.[/QUOTE]
This one will probably start after the week long Extra 50% on all games promo.

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade more, get more! (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2 Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games and get an extra $10 trade-in credit, trade 4 get $25 or trade 7 get $50.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Games with a trade value of $5.00 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades.[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID (thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Arkansas, California, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
360 - Resident Evil 5 - 7.00
Wii - Super Smash Bros Brawl - 13.75
Wii - Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles - 5.25
Wii - Resident Evil 4 - 5.25
Wii - Mario Party 8 - 12.25
Wii - Mario Kart Wii - 18.25

I got $94.11 after it was all said and done. Picked myself up a few preorders (MAG, Battlefield: BC 2) and God of War Collection. Good deal.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']so apparently not only is the tiered trade not work for last gen games anymore, but it also only works for games with 2 dollar + TIV.[/QUOTE]

This promotion never included last gen games (it did during the summer if I recall).

Two of the six games I traded on Thursday had a $1 TIV and I got the 40% bonus, so not sure about your experience. Also, nowhere in the wording is a minimum mentioned.

[quote name='salty tbone']This promotion never included last gen games (it did during the summer if I recall).

Two of the six games I traded on Thursday had a $1 TIV and I got the 40% bonus, so not sure about your experience. Also, nowhere in the wording is a minimum mentioned.[/QUOTE]

Very true. I traded GH2 on 360 in my last bundle and I got the bonus. Its TIV is 1.25.

[quote name='Peyton Manning']if i wanted to trade 2 games with $10 tiv and 2 games with $0.50 tiv would i still get 20 % extra credit[/QUOTE]

Yup

Traded in 8 games yesterday. 2 of them towards AC2 so I could get it for $19.99. I asked the guy at the register if I could use this weeks coupon as well since I am buying AC2 and he said sure thing go and get a used game. So I went and got Star Wars Force Unleased Ulitmate Sith Edition. He rung it all up and I'm lookin at the receipt and say to him, uh these two games (Eternal Sonata & Little Big Planet, both PS3) were suppose to be bumped up to $20 TIV. He's like uh yea I think you are right. So he gets his manager and the manager is like yea they should have been too, so he's lookin and says "ahhh, I see you used the coupon this week. That's why." I tell him the guy said it would be able to do both, so the manager manually overrides all of the prices on every game and bumps LBP and ES to $20.

Here are the base values for all the games I traded it, the bonus I got is messed up and not right since he had to manually override every one of them to give me 20% off SWFU:USE and bump ES and LBP to $20.

PS3:

Little Big Planet - 10.25
Eternal Sonata - 9.25 (up from OP)
Motorstorm - .90 (down)
MLB 08 The Show - 1.25
Cloudy w/a Chance of Meatballs - 11.00
The Bigs 2 - 15.00

PSP:

Hannah Montana Rock Out the Show - 5.25
NBA Live 09 - 2.75

After the bonus's I ended up getting 98.42 then paying 59.99 for AC2 and 26.99 for SWFU:USE.

I found something odd on my receipt from my trade today. I picked up some stuff from the Target clearance rack: 2 x The Bigs 2 (PS3), 2 x Endwar (360) and 2 x GH:Metallica (360). The base values were all the same as the OP. Here's what it looked like:

GH: Metallica - $12.75
Bonus: $5.10 Promo #7968
Bonus: $1.28 Edge Card
Total Credit $19.13

And the second one said:
GH: Metallica - $12.75
Bonus: $5.10 Promo #7968
Bonus: -$2.25 Price Override
Bonus: $1.50 Edge Card
Total Credit $21.60

A similar thing happened on my Endwars as well. Any ideas why the second copy got $2.25 extra? I didn't trade it towards anything, just got the credit.

I plan on getting Assassin Creed 2 and Demon Soul's during the B2G1 free sale, but I have a question:

If I trade in:

Batman: AA for PS3 for $30 for Assassin Creed 2 used
Borderlands 360 for $30 for Demon Souls used

so I only pay $45 for Ac2 and DM, could I get a $50 free game considering the original price for Ac2 and DM are $50-55?

Sorry if this is a dumb question. Never tried this before. >_

anybody else notice gamestops refusal to lower the price of used games so that some of these games have the same price for a new copy as they do a used one?

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']so apparently not only is the tiered trade not work for last gen games anymore, but it also only works for games with 2 dollar + TIV.[/QUOTE]

Thats not true, I did it today and the bump applied. However, I do appreciate the fact that you made me look. When I examined my latest receipt I noticed the new guy at the store had somehow not applied my edge bonus. So I went back to the store for an adjustment (they can do it and it took 2 mins), and then got a less than stellar experience from the store manager with basic sullenness, which was totally uncalled for. I'm on the fence about giving him a bad review.

TIVS

Wii We Ski and Snowboard 6.00$
Wii Heavenly Guardian 0.90$
PS3 The Bigs 2 15$ (Note on this it will no longer work on the ac2/mw2 trade as of tomorrow)
360 - Cloudy w/a Chance of Meatballs 13.00$
360 - PDZ0 0.90$
360 - Splinter Cell: Double Agent 3.00$

Hello all. Does anybody know whether or not the $25 Hardware bonus will still be valid tomorrow on 11/22/09? I was wanting to trade in my old XBOX 360 (had gotten a new Jasper arcade off amazon for $100), but was hoping that the trade-in deal would still be valid so that I could get $95 instead of $70.

Also, is this all that's necessary to trade-in?

*XBOX 360 Console
*Wireless XBOX 360 Controller
*XBOX 360 Power Supply
*XBOX 360 Standard A/V Cables

Thanks to anybody who takes the time to answer in advance.

[quote name='fei33']Hello all. Does anybody know whether or not the $25 Hardware bonus will still be valid tomorrow on 11/22/09? I was wanting to trade in my old XBOX 360 (had gotten a new Jasper arcade off amazon for $100), but was hoping that the trade-in deal would still be valid so that I could get $95 instead of $70.

Also, is this all that's necessary to trade-in?

*XBOX 360 Console
*Wireless XBOX 360 Controller
*XBOX 360 Power Supply
*XBOX 360 Standard A/V Cables

Thanks to anybody who takes the time to answer in advance.[/QUOTE]

Yes on both counts. GS expiration dates on promos are up to and including that day.

[quote name='winb83']anybody else notice gamestops refusal to lower the price of used games so that some of these games have the same price for a new copy as they do a used one?[/QUOTE]

I remember once Afro Samurai droped to $20 new they still had it for $25 used...and that lasted at least a month :lol:

[quote name='salty tbone']Yes on both counts. GS expiration dates on promos are up to and including that day.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I'll stop by GameStop tomorrow to add some credit to my Edge Card. :) B2G1 Free is where mine always seems to go.

Sorry for the lack of updates, been in an area with crappy connection. Currently doing this from iPhone as a modem. Still not good speeds. Should have that remedied tomorrow and update in the evening.

Trades from today (11/21):

:360:
Saints Row 2 - $9.50
Gears Of War 2 -$9.00 (up $1.25 from 11/14)
:wii:
Warioware Smooth Moves - $8.25 (down $1.50 from 10/19)
Mario Super Sluggers - $12.25
:ds:
Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga - $7.50 (down $0.75 from 7/29)
Dragon Ball Z Supersonic Warrior - $3.00 (up $0.25 from 7/20)

[quote name='amari']I plan on getting Assassin Creed 2 and Demon Soul's during the B2G1 free sale, but I have a question:

If I trade in:

Batman: AA for PS3 for $30 for Assassin Creed 2 used
Borderlands 360 for $30 for Demon Souls used

so I only pay $45 for Ac2 and DM, could I get a $50 free game considering the original price for Ac2 and DM are $50-55?

Sorry if this is a dumb question. Never tried this before. >_

[quote name='stoned99']Thats not true, I did it today and the bump applied. However, I do appreciate the fact that you made me look. When I examined my latest receipt I noticed the new guy at the store had somehow not applied my edge bonus. So I went back to the store for an adjustment (they can do it and it took 2 mins), and then got a less than stellar experience from the store manager with basic sullenness, which was totally uncalled for. I'm on the fence about giving him a bad review.

TIVS

Wii We Ski and Snowboard 6.00$
Wii Heavenly Guardian 0.90$
PS3 The Bigs 2 15$ (Note on this it will no longer work on the ac2/mw2 trade as of tomorrow)
360 - Cloudy w/a Chance of Meatballs 13.00$
360 - PDZ0 0.90$
360 - Splinter Cell: Double Agent 3.00$[/QUOTE]

so he lied to me then? or maybe he said $1.00, all I know is that when I told him I was going to buy Sneak King and some other .99 cent game he told me that they wouldn't end up stacking with the tiered promo if that's what I was intending on doing, I said oh alright, and then he noticed in my games I was trading in, that I had Prey, and he told me that one wouldn't have worked anyways.

[quote name='salty tbone']This promotion never included last gen games (it did during the summer if I recall).

Two of the six games I traded on Thursday had a $1 TIV and I got the 40% bonus, so not sure about your experience. Also, nowhere in the wording is a minimum mentioned.[/QUOTE]

I'm aware it never included last gen games this time around, I was referring to the other times I've used the tiered promo, I had always remembered it including last gen games.

Yeah, I should have probably been more aggresive about it and pointed out that there's no minimum required, but whatever, I got lied and cheated outta about $15 extra, but oh well.

TiV from this weekend

11/21
:ps3: Bigs 2 - $15
:360: Bigs 2 - $15

11/22
:360: Skate 2 - $9.50
:360: Halo 3 - $15

Also they would not allow me to trade in Bigs 2 today. The woman said because I had traded it in yesterday. I thought you could only not trade multiples in one transaction, but she said you are not allowed to trade a 2nd copy of a game in any circumstances. I call BS on that, but I wasn't going to get into an argument over it.

[quote name='stoned99']
$[/QUOTE]

Is this confirmed? The website doesn't have it listed as excluded from the deal. Either way I'm guessing the TiV is going to take a big hit today or monday.

[quote name='z24buddy']Ok, I am going to attempt to answer this oddly worded question...

The short answer is yes.

But this would be much easier if you didn't think of it as trading Game A for Game B. Think of it as 2 separate transactions as follows:

First the trade-in:
Borderlands $25 + 10% trade 2 bonus = $27.50 ($30 with edge card)
Batman: AA $25 + 10% trade 2 bonus = $27.50 ($30 with edge card)

Okay so now you got $60 Store credit assuming you have edge card

Now for the purchase:

Assassins Creed 2 $50-55 (used)
Demons Soul 2 $50-55 (used)
Any other used game priced up to $50-55 Free

So $100-110 (depending on in-store price) less $60 Trade credit

=$40-50 plus tax for the 3 games after using up your trade-in credit

P.S. Good luck on finding used copies of both AC2 and DS2 already.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. And sorry I couldn't explain that better. Hopefully I can find a good deal for AC2 or Demon Souls on amazon before I try this and give gamestop more of my money.. >_

If they hadn't remembered you, you probably would have gotten away with it. Also, lists and database updated.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I'm aware it never included last gen games this time around, I was referring to the other times I've used the tiered promo, I had always remembered it including last gen games.

Yeah, I should have probably been more aggresive about it and pointed out that there's no minimum required, but whatever, I got lied and cheated outta about $15 extra, but oh well.[/QUOTE]

Ok. When you wrote "anymore" it sounded like you thought this promotion did as some point include other games. Either way, it's important to know going into a GS what the promotions are because relying on the employees isn't in your best interest. But you already found that out. Just please don't compound the error by spreading the employee's ignorance as fact.

Base from yesterday:

:ps3:
Golden Compass 0.75

:ds:
Big Brain Academy $2.25
Cooking Mama $8.00
Mario Party $13.75
Nintendogs Chihuahua $4.25
New Super Mario Bros. $15.00

For the tiered trade, it should include all games aside from really low valued games < $1. That's what I've always been told. You can trade in a shit load of $2 PS2 games if you wanted to get the bonus.

[quote name='mis0']For the tiered trade, it should include all games aside from really low valued games < $1. That's what I've always been told. You can trade in a shit load of $2 PS2 games if you wanted to get the bonus.[/QUOTE]
Not anymore. Current gen only.

Also, my GS has a used AC2, but said they can't sell it because there is a glitch in the system where it rings up for $300. Has anyone heard anything about this?

[quote name='myl0r']Not anymore. Current gen only.

Also, my GS has a used AC2, but said they can't sell it because there is a glitch in the system where it rings up for $300. Has anyone heard anything about this?[/QUOTE]

lol suuure. That employee was buying that that day, guaranteed.

Anyone know the latest TIV for a 40GB PS3? I called the store and the guy said that for the PS3 they need to scan the back of the console to determine the TIV?

traded these today (base value)

MLB 2k9 - 4.25
Guitar Hero 4- 4.50

ps3
mlb 07 the show- 70 cents
eye of judgement- 70 cents

DS
tom clancy's end war - 1.75

did these a few weeks ago (11-6-09)
viva pinata- 2.75
tom clancy end war -4.75
bioshock- 6.25
guitar hero 3- 1.00

wii
guitar hero aerosmith- 1.50

ps3
facebreaker- 1.50
street fighter 4- 6.00

ps2
biker mice from mars- 1.25
marvel ultimate alliance - 3.75
king of fighters orochi saga- 3.00

TIV as of 11/22

Cabela's Outdoor Adventure $6.75
The Bigs 2 $15
Red Faction: Guerrilla $14.75

Ps3
The Bigs 2 $15

PsP
The Bigs 2 $6.75

TIVs from Sunday 22nd :

PS3 Cloudy with a chance of meatballs : $11
PS3 The Bigs 2 : $15
Xbox 360 The Bigs 2 : $15
Xbox 360 Guitar Hero Metallica : $12.75
Xbox 360 NCAA March madness 2008 : $2 (dropped from ancient OP price)
Xbox 360 Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare : $12.75 (down from $15 in the OP)

Got 102.76 for that lot.

Just traded in these Xbox 360 games:

Alone in the dark: 1.50
Beowolf: 1.75
Bioshock/Elder Scrolls: 9.00
Blue Dragon: 2.75
COD 2: 2.00
COD 5: 15.00
Dark Sector: 1.50
Farcry 2: 8.00
Fable 2: 7.00
Fear 2: 8.00
Forza 2: .95
Madden 06: .30
Madden 10: 23.00
Silent Hill Coming: 5.75
Sega super star tennis/live arcade: .95
Top Spin 2: .85
Two Worlds: 1.25
Winning 11 2007: .50

added this to my edge card for a total of $129

Okay, I just tried to trade in AC2 along with 5 fillers and they told me I couldn't because of a glitch in the system where the TIV is 1 cent. WTH?

[quote name='lvjordan238']Okay, I just tried to trade in AC2 along with 5 fillers and they told me I couldn't because of a glitch in the system where the TIV is 1 cent. WTH?[/QUOTE]

Yes same thing happened to me, so they put AC2 as the ps3 version. (360 version is glitched according to manager but ps3 version is fine) and he will change it later to 360. Ask them next time to try that.

Assassins Creed 2 - $30
Left 4 Dead 2 - $30
New Super Mario Bros. Wii - $25

[quote name='walterj13']TIV as of 11/22

Cabela's Outdoor Adventure $6.75
The Bigs 2 $15
Red Faction: Guerrilla $14.75

Ps3
The Bigs 2 $15

PsP
The Bigs 2 $6.75[/QUOTE]

I got $14.25 base for Red Faction: Guerrilla just yesterday!

Nice... bought 2 copies of Skate 2 from Target with the coupon = $10. Went to GS and flipped them for Trade 2 promotion for Assasin's Creed. They already had a VERY clen used copy of AC2 and I threw in a couple of old crappy 360 games... Ended up walking out with AC2, Edge Card and Game informer for a year for $4.01 + $10 (original cost of Skate 2 x 2)...

All XBOX 360 games before promos on 11/22:

GTA IV: 7.75
COD4: 12.75
LOTR: Conquest: 5.00
Fear: 2.75
Burnout Paradise: 6.75
Assassin's Creed: 5.75
The Darkness: 1.00
Sid Meier's Civilization: 9.00
Prey: 0.50
Medal Of Honor: Airborne: 5.75
Splinter Cell: Double Agent: 3.00
Dead Rising: 5.50
Crackdown: 3.00
Guitar Hero 2: 1.50

Normally, I prefer to trade games or sell on Ebay, but with 40% promo plus the 10% edge account bonus, this is a reasonable return ($101.96) without the auction and shipping hassle.

[quote name='kart007k']Any chance of trade in 2 and get a new one for only 20 getting extended.[/QUOTE]

Looks like yes, now extended til December 6th. Thinking of trading in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (once my friend returns it) & Halo 3 for Assassin's Creed 2 for $20.

I tried to do the trade in 2 and get Uncharted 2 for $19.99 and told him which games I wanted to use, but he said that it would only apply which ever promo was better. Wanted to use Skate 2 and CoD:MW2 so I might have to go back and see if they can fix as I see it charge me $59.99 for the new item. Maybe because he took my trade-ins on the same transaction.

A few changes I noticed from last I used list (before bonuses):

360:
Skate 2 $9.50
Red Faction: Guerrilla $14.25
Prince of Persia $3.50
Afro Samurai $4.75

PS3:
Simpsons $5.25

PSP
Syphon Filter Dark Mirror $0.80

Just stopped in gamestop to return a used memory card which didn't work (booo gamestop). But I saw some trade in values on the big board:

Left for dead 2 360 $30
Assassins Creed 2 360/PS3 $30
Modern Warfare 2 PS3/360 $30
Mario Kart DS $20 (yes this game is ancient).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back