GS TIV: Trade 2/4/7 get extra $10/25/50 on 360/PS3/Wii games, $30 HW bonus on new HW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6866412

[quote name='CheapyD']I'd like to encourage you guys to submit your GameStop trade-in values to our database directly. You can access it from the main navigation bar under Retailers -> GameStop or here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/retailer.php?do=view&retailerid=13[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

Upcoming Promos:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I didn't see this posted here.

I work at GS and we just got the info on this in today's store informer. Basically 50% trade in credit on ALL games. Yes, every game and no minimum value. As usual it stacks with Edge card.

I know I have some crap to unload come Monday![/QUOTE]

flagg1216 also noted that this promo only goes for a week.

[quote name='flagg1216']wii/ps3/360 trade 2 for 20% bonus 4 for 30%bonus or 6+ for 40%

no other info.no pics.[/QUOTE]
This one will probably start after the week long Extra 50% on all games promo.

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade more, get more! (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2 Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games and get an extra $10 trade-in credit, trade 4 get $25 or trade 7 get $50.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Games with a trade value of $5.00 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades.[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID (thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Arkansas, California, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='whywakeup']Does anyone know if gamestop still takes 20% less for cash trades ???

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yes. It's 20% off TIV if you want cash.

Ok for Halo 3, I have the Legendary edtion of the game. Can I just trade in the game?

Also, what is some of the cheapest 360 controllers at Gamestop you guys have seen?

Traded these PS2 games in on 11-22-09:

Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven- 0.55
Tenchu: Fatal Shadows- 1.50
Contra: Shattered Soldier- 1.50
ICO-15.00

[quote name='gunstarheroe']Traded these PS2 games in on 11-22-09:

ICO-15.00[/QUOTE]

You're probably gonna get razzed pretty hard for trading ICO in at GameStop. You could've doubled that here.

Anyone know if Gamestop still accept PS2 games and accessories? Also what about Xbox accessories? I want to trade my xbox wireless g adapter. I wonder how much they will take that.

TIV's for 11/21/09

iconxbox360.gif

Fuzion Frenzy 2 $2.50
GRAW 2 $3.50
Halo 3 $15
Halo 3: ODST $27
Lego Star Wars II: Original Trilogy $3.50
Test Drive Unlimited $4.75

[quote name='mrkool899']Anyone know if Gamestop still accept PS2 games and accessories? Also what about Xbox accessories? I want to trade my xbox wireless g adapter. I wonder how much they will take that.[/QUOTE]

I traded in the two God of Wars the other day towards the collection. They took both of them. I got roughly $10 for them with edge. I didn't post values because the CSR kept my receipt. I called the next day but getting a copy of my receipt sounded like it was going to be a major challenge.

All stores accept ps2 games and MOST accessories. Some stores accept original XBOX stuff but most do not. Just about all xbox360 accessories can be traded in. The TIV for the wireless adapter is crappy I want to say about $20 for the adapter.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Nice... bought 2 copies of Skate 2 from Target with the coupon = $10. Went to GS and flipped them for Trade 2 promotion for Assasin's Creed. They already had a VERY clen used copy of AC2 and I threw in a couple of old crappy 360 games... Ended up walking out with AC2, Edge Card and Game informer for a year for $4.01 + $10 (original cost of Skate 2 x 2)...[/QUOTE]

They let you trade in two copies of the same game in the same transaction?

TiV from yesterday (11/23):

:ps3:
Bigs 2 - $15 (same, new date)
Cloudy with Chance of Meatballs - $11 (same, new date)
GTA IV - $5.75 (same, new date)

:360:
Cloudy with Chance of Meatballs - $13 (same, new date)
G.I. Joe - $14.25 (same, new date)
Guitar Hero: Metallica - $12.75 (same, new date)
50 Cent - $6.50 (up $1 from OP)
Ice Age - $8.25 (down $1 from OP)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $10.25 (same, new date)

Can't believe Bigs 2 held, especially since they took it off the Trade 2 get a new game for $19.99 list. If you are sitting on any copies though I'd advise dumping them asap.

Had them disallow me from trading both copies of Cloudy saying it was the same game despite it being on 2 different consoles. Whatev.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']TiV from yesterday (11/23):

Bigs 2 - $15 (same, new date)
Cloudy with Chance of Meatballs - $11 (same, new date)
GTA IV - $5.75 (same, new date)

Cloudy with Chance of Meatballs - $13 (same, new date)
G.I. Joe - $14.25 (same, new date)
Guitar Hero: Metallica - $12.75 (same, new date)
50 Cent - $6.50 (up $1 from OP)
Ice Age - $8.25 (down $1 from OP)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $10.25 (same, new date)

Can't believe Bigs 2 held, especially since they took it off the Trade 2 get a new game for $19.99 list. If you are sitting on any copies though I'd advise dumping them asap.

Had them disallow me from trading both copies of Cloudy saying it was the same game despite it being on 2 different consoles. Whatev.[/QUOTE]
I hope you got 50% on those because many of them get much better TIV's at GC, AMZ, & TRU, some even better than with the 50%.

[quote name='J7.']I hope you got 50% on those because many of them get much better TIV's at GC, AMZ, & TRU, some even better than with the 50%.[/QUOTE]

Really, how so? Total TiV with the 50% bonus (40% + Edge) is $145 from GS. Amazon is $131. TRU is $135. Sure some individual games were higher, but its easier to just stop by and drop off everything during lunch as opposed to coordinating trades to 2 or 3 places.

I always see these posts about how TiVs are better all these other places, and I pick and chose sometimes when there is a big discrepancy, but for the most part if you take advantage of the good trade in deals (Extra $5 and Extra 40%) at GS, their values are pretty comparable to other sites especially now that there is no Amazon promo running.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Ok for Halo 3, I have the Legendary edtion of the game. Can I just trade in the game?

[/QUOTE]
They should. Although, they'll scan it as a regular stand alone copy of Halo 3, not as the LE.

Sorry if this was answered already, but does the extra $25 apply to 360s with the RRoD? And do you still have to trade in the controller, brick and cables as well?

[quote name='sixghost']Sorry if this was answered already, but does the extra $25 apply to 360s with the RRoD? And do you still have to trade in the controller, brick and cables as well?[/QUOTE]

yes and yes

[quote name='Birbo']They let you trade in two copies of the same game in the same transaction?[/QUOTE]

Yep. The dude was fine with it... I was a little surprised...

TIVS
360 Tom Clancy's EndWar 4.75$
360 Red Faction: Guerrilla 14.25$
PS3 The Bigs 2 15.00$
360 Eragon 0.80$
360 Kung Fu Panda 0.40$
360 Gears of War 2.50$

TIV's
360 GI Joe: Rise of Cobra $14.25
Wii Heavenly Guardian $0.90
360 Guitar Hero: Metallica $12.75
360 Red Faction: Guerrilla $14.25
PS3 The Bigs 2 $15.00
360 Tom Clancy's EndWar $4.75
Wii Go Lumberjacks $2.75

Thank You Target Clearance :)

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']
Can't believe Bigs 2 held, especially since they took it off the Trade 2 get a new game for $19.99 list. If you are sitting on any copies though I'd advise dumping them asap.[/QUOTE]

I knew it was a matter of time. I dumped mine as soon as it went off the list. Was expecting it to drop to $8. Weird that it's keeping it's value on both systems.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Really, how so? Total TiV with the 50% bonus (40% + Edge) is $145 from GS. Amazon is $131. TRU is $135. Sure some individual games were higher, but its easier to just stop by and drop off everything during lunch as opposed to coordinating trades to 2 or 3 places.

I always see these posts about how TiVs are better all these other places, and I pick and chose sometimes when there is a big discrepancy, but for the most part if you take advantage of the good trade in deals (Extra $5 and Extra 40%) at GS, their values are pretty comparable to other sites especially now that there is no Amazon promo running.[/QUOTE]
If you spread them around you could've made quite a bit more. If you brought them all to GC & TRU, and just one game to AMZ. Just trying to help you make more and not have GS get all the trades. Values in red.

Bigs 2 best with GS+50%
Cloudy with Chance of Meatballs - $11 (same, new date) $20.83 at GC/$17 AMZ
GTA IV - $5.75 (same, new date) $12.50 TRU & AMZ

Cloudy with Chance of Meatballs - $13 (same, new date) $20.83 at GC/$17.50 AMZ
G.I. Joe - $14.25 (same, new date) best with GS+50%
Guitar Hero: Metallica - $12.75 (same, new date) best with GS+50% ($17.50 TRU & AMZ)
50 Cent - $6.50 (up $1 from OP) $12.10 TRU, $11.50 AMZ, $10 GC
Ice Age - $8.25 (down $1 from OP) $16 GC, $12.10 TRU & $11.50 AMZ is just under GS's
X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $10.25 (same, new date) $18.75 AMZ (on 11/22 has gone down since now $16), $16.80 TRU.

So this will work fine if I want to go in tomorrow, trade in 2 games, and then get used games on the B2G1 free deal, right? And then using the edge card on top of it all?

[quote name='mva5580']So this will work fine if I want to go in tomorrow, trade in 2 games, and then get used games on the B2G1 free deal, right? And then using the edge card on top of it all?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Use Edge for both.

Trade in Values 11/24

Xbox 360 Versions
Left 4 Dead- $15
Fallout 3- $9.50
Rock Band 2(Game Only)- 4.50 =(
Madden 09- $1.25
Madden 10- $23
Halo 3- $13
60 GB Hard drive- $17

PS3 Versions
Afro Samurai- $5
Gran Turismo 5: Prologue- $9.50
MLB 09: The Show- $8.25

[quote name='gunstarheroe']Traded these PS2 games in on 11-22-09:

ICO-15.00[/QUOTE]

He traded in ICO at Gamestop. BAN HIM NOW!

:psp:
GoW: Chains of Olympus - 5.75

Killzone 2 - 12.25
GT5:prologue - 9.50

Borderlands - 25.00
Fable 2 - 7.50
Tomb Raider Anniversary - 3.00

[quote name='chuckywang']He traded in ICO at Gamestop. BAN HIM NOW![/QUOTE]

I second that. But seriously, you just made my day :applause::applause:

[quote name='NcX2A fUtBaLl']Trade in Values 11/24

Xbox 360 Versions
Left 4 Dead- $15
Fallout 3- $9.50
Rock Band 2(Game Only)- 4.50 =(
Madden 09- $1.25
Madden 10- $23
Halo 3- $13
60 GB Hard drive- $17

PS3 Versions
Afro Samurai- $5
Gran Turismo 5: Prologue- $9.50
MLB 09: The Show- $8.25[/QUOTE]

Hopefully, you did not turn in that hard drive.
I would give you $27 for it...

i'm really sad. when i went into GS for a new copy of valkyria chronicles, i found out that it was gutted! Anyways, today's (11/25/09) TIV:

Uncharted 2 - 25
Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3) - 23.75
Halo ODST - 27
Borderlands - 25
L4D2 - 30
Guitar Hero Metallica - 12.75

Trade in today:
The Bigs 2 (ps3) - 15
G. I. Joe (X360) - 14.25
FF7 Crisis Core - 7
NFS Underground Rivals (PSP) - 4
Burnout Legends (PSP) - 2.25
Secret Agent Clank (PSP) - 5

TIV Values from today. Went to the one gamestop to buy 6 games to trade in at the other gamestop. Found one Assassin's Creed 2 but unfortunately no CODMW2 or LFD2 used (all three of these games are $30 TIV).

360:

AC2 - 30
Borderlands - 25
Dragon Age - 25
Halo ODST - 27

PS3:

Uncharted 2 - 25
Batman AA - 23.25

I honestly cannot belive people are trading in AC2 already..saw one used at my store today. Anyway here are some trade ins for today.

Xbox 360
Call to Juarez BiB $15
Endwar $4.75of Duty 3 $3.25
Splinter Cell Double Agent $3.50
Rainbow Six Vegas $1.25

Wow my messege some how got messed up..the rest says
Call of Duty 3 $3.25 for xbox 360
The Bigs 2 $15 for PS3..I cant belive its still hanging in there for $15

[quote name='anthfett06']TIV Values from today. Went to the one gamestop to buy 6 games to trade in at the other gamestop. Found one Assassin's Creed 2 but unfortunately no CODMW2 or LFD2 used (all three of these games are $30 TIV).

360:

AC2 - 30
Borderlands - 25
Dragon Age - 25
Halo ODST - 27

PS3:

Uncharted 2 - 25
Batman AA - 23.25[/QUOTE]

Crazy, i did almost the same thing tonight and this sounds very similar to my scenario. Picked up 6 games for $198 using existing trade credit then took stickers off and traded those same 6 to another store for $232.50
Nice quick profit of $34.50 in trade credit
Traded 4 of the same titles you did (Same except AC2 and Batman)

The other 2 i traded tonight on 11/25

iconxbox360.gif

Madden 2010 $23 (should have went with batman for a whole $0.38 more)
Left 4 Dead 2 $30

I couldn't find AC2 at either location but when I traded the 6 games at the second location they had one used copy of MW2 for Xbox 360

[quote name='anthfett06']TIV Values from today. Went to the one gamestop to buy 6 games to trade in at the other gamestop. Found one Assassin's Creed 2 but unfortunately no CODMW2 or LFD2 used (all three of these games are $30 TIV).

360:

AC2 - 30
Borderlands - 25
Dragon Age - 25
Halo ODST - 27

PS3:

Uncharted 2 - 25

buttt.. how much of a profit is that..40-50$?

Base TIVS from 11/25 -

DS -

Mario Kart - $20.00

PS3 -

Bigs 2 - $15.00
Borderlands - $25.00
Dragon Age Origins - $24.75
Uncharted 2 - $25.00

360 -

Bigs 2 - $15.00
Godfather 2 - $8.00
UFC 2009 Undisputed - $17.25

Wii -

Mario Super Sluggers - $11.75
Sonic and the Secret Rings - $2.75
Trivial Pursuit - $3.50

[quote name='J7.']If you spread them around you could've made quite a bit more. If you brought them all to GC & TRU, and just one game to AMZ. Just trying to help you make more and not have GS get all the trades. Values in red.

Bigs 2 best with GS+50%
Cloudy with Chance of Meatballs - $11 (same, new date) $20.83 at GC/$17 AMZ
GTA IV - $5.75 (same, new date) $12.50 TRU & AMZ

Cloudy with Chance of Meatballs - $13 (same, new date) $20.83 at GC/$17.50 AMZ
G.I. Joe - $14.25 (same, new date) best with GS+50%
Guitar Hero: Metallica - $12.75 (same, new date) best with GS+50% ($17.50 TRU & AMZ)
50 Cent - $6.50 (up $1 from OP) $12.10 TRU, $11.50 AMZ, $10 GC
Ice Age - $8.25 (down $1 from OP) $16 GC, $12.10 TRU & $11.50 AMZ is just under GS's
X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $10.25 (same, new date) $18.75 AMZ (on 11/22 has gone down since now $16), $16.80 TRU.
[/QUOTE]

Well there is no Game Crazy anywhere near me so that rules out that option for me. Also I didn't trade in GTAIV, I was just reporting the value. Other than that the differences between the other options are not worth the trouble. Both Cloudy's are, in essence, the same with the 50% bonus compared to Amazon & TrU. Same goes for Ice Age. 50 cent and X-Men Origins might have been a couple dollars better, but I needed some filler for the Trade 6 promo at GS.

I see what you are saying about maximizing the TiV's, but for a difference of about $5 total on 2 games it just doesn't make sense to bother with TrU and Amazon in this case, at least for me. There is a time value in coordinating those trades and the ease of just taking a bag of games to GS usually offsets packing and mailing games out to amazon or TrU especially since your credit is available immediately once you trade your games to GS/EB. With Amazon and TrU, you have to play the waiting game, and there is still a chance that they could reject part of your trade. GS pretty much takes anything with very few questions asked and you are free to pick up some new stuff before leaving the store.

I've traded in with Amazon in the past and will do so again if they bring back some of their better promos, but this is the most profitable and easiest way to go for me.

[quote name='japaki']buttt.. how much of a profit is that..40-50$?[/QUOTE]

It was yeah like $30 profit from just a few minutes. It would be really sweet if you could find a store with all 3 games with the $30 TIV. You are pretty much guarenteed to find the games worth $25. Uncharted 2, Dragon Age, Borderlands, ODST is 27 and both the stores I went to probably had half a dozen copies of all these games. If you did it'd be an easy $49.50 profit. I may go check tomorrow at some point or this weekend again.

Horrid story at Gamestop yesterday. Went there and traded two games for L4D2. Then traded a few other games. Went home to check the balance and found $0. I later found out that instead of giving me in store credit, they used it to purchase an Edge card since I didn't have one. I must of said yes or something when they were asking me. I do remember them asking me something about having an Edge card. The employee was talking in a soft tone as well. So dang that sucks. Guess I got to use the Edge card to my advantage.

[quote name='mrkool899']Horrid story at Gamestop yesterday. Went there and traded two games for L4D2. Then traded a few other games. Went home to check the balance and found $0. I later found out that instead of giving me in store credit, they used it to purchase an Edge card since I didn't have one. I must of said yes or something when they were asking me. I do remember them asking me something about having an Edge card. The employee was talking in a soft tone as well. So dang that sucks. Guess I got to use the Edge card to my advantage.[/QUOTE]

It's totally worth it, anyway, and will pay for itself pretty quickly. Technically, the EDGE is free when you buy a subscription to Game Informer.

[quote name='mrkool899']Alright I really hope so, just tell me how I can use it to my advantage. I rarely go to Gamestop to buy games.[/QUOTE]

Your games must of been pretty worthless to get no credit even after getting an edge card, got some titles?

360:

AC2 - 30
Borderlands - 25
Dragon Age - 25
Halo ODST - 27

PS3:

Uncharted 2 - 25

Do you live in a tax free state? I can't see where you would make more than about $15-20 doing this. Three top tier $54.99 games would be around $106 with EDGE and B2G1 (I factored in sales tax at a pretty standard 8%).

If you traded them back in (with the 50% bump, inlcuding EDGE):
AC2: $45
Uncharted, Borderlands, Dragon Age: $37.50/ea
ODST:$40.50
Batman: $34.87

Total would be right at $232.87. minus your $212, you made about $20 bucks, I reckon. If you didn't have that Ass Creed, you would have only gotten about $10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back