GS TIV: Trade 2/4/7 get extra $10/25/50 on 360/PS3/Wii games, $30 HW bonus on new HW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6866412

[quote name='CheapyD']I'd like to encourage you guys to submit your GameStop trade-in values to our database directly. You can access it from the main navigation bar under Retailers -> GameStop or here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/retailer.php?do=view&retailerid=13[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

Upcoming Promos:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I didn't see this posted here.

I work at GS and we just got the info on this in today's store informer. Basically 50% trade in credit on ALL games. Yes, every game and no minimum value. As usual it stacks with Edge card.

I know I have some crap to unload come Monday![/QUOTE]

flagg1216 also noted that this promo only goes for a week.

[quote name='flagg1216']wii/ps3/360 trade 2 for 20% bonus 4 for 30%bonus or 6+ for 40%

no other info.no pics.[/QUOTE]
This one will probably start after the week long Extra 50% on all games promo.

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade more, get more! (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2 Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games and get an extra $10 trade-in credit, trade 4 get $25 or trade 7 get $50.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Games with a trade value of $5.00 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades.[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID (thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Arkansas, California, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
All recent as of 1/19/09 -

360:

Red Alert 3 - $5.25
Mass Effect - $4.50
Sacred 2 - $9
Overlord - $5.50
Nascar 09 - $5

PS3:

Bioshock - $6
Oblivion GOTY - $8.50
Soul Calibur IV - $4.25
Street Fighter IV - $4.25
Unreal Tournament 3 - 0.70

DS TIV as of 1/19/10 (all base):

Brain Age $4.25
New Super Mario Bros: $15
Mario Kart DS: $20
Kirby: Squeak Squad: $6.50

My fifth game was Tetris DS (which is still at $15). Luckily, I live near a decent Gamestop. Manager let me know it was incredibly rare and advised me to hang on to it (~$50 on ebay). I would have had no idea..

Still, nice to walk out with $64.05 for four games that were just stacked on a shelf collecting dust.

[quote name='brother bendu']Oh I thought it might sell higher on Ebay, because its a PS3 game and it seems for the most part they hold their value longer than Xbox 360 games. Guess I was wrong. . .:cry:[/QUOTE]

There have been a lot of PS3 exclusives that stay at $60 for a long, long time. Resistance 2 is one of them. But you can always find these games for much cheaper on reselling sites.

Brutal Legend (360) $23.50
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 ($11) xbox360

So glad Brutal Legend held, it's $39.99 new now and I got about $32 in credit after promos.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Brutal Legend (360) $23.50
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 ($11) xbox360

So glad Brutal Legend held, it's $39.99 new now and I got about $32 in credit after promos.[/QUOTE]

That MUA2 TIV makes me want to scream "Damn you Gold Edition!", but I wont. Thanks for that update I'll be holding on to my copy.

Xbox360 console w/wired controller - $70.00
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 - $23.50
Star Ocean: The last hope - $14.25
UFC Undisputed - $14.00
GTA episodes from liberty city - $15.00
Assasin's Creed 2 - $25.00

Not sure where to post this, but yesterday I found I was missing my edge card (with my sweet, sweet store credit on it). Turned out I had lost the card, I called a few stores to see what they could do. They all said the same thing, its like money, we can't recover it for you. I call customer service and they tell me to go to the store and give them my EDGE card number (which I had since I listened to IATCG's advice) and tell them to call customer service. Went to one store, they wouldn't do it, went to another and the lady said she'll try. After five minutes on the phone, I had a new EDGE card with all of the store credit still on it (guess it was never used!). I thanked the lady and used the credit to preorder White Knight Chronicles.

Long story short, if you lose your edge card you can recover the credit as long as you have the EDGE account number and ID.

Another good part was the GS I went to was near a TRU and a BB, so I had the BB matched the TRU deal.

[quote name='Gbear09']Not sure where to post this, but yesterday I found I was missing my edge card (with my sweet, sweet store credit on it). Turned out I had lost the card, I called a few stores to see what they could do. They all said the same thing, its like money, we can't recover it for you. I call customer service and they tell me to go to the store and give them my EDGE card number (which I had since I listened to IATCG's advice) and tell them to call customer service. Went to one store, they wouldn't do it, went to another and the lady said she'll try. After five minutes on the phone, I had a new EDGE card with all of the store credit still on it (guess it was never used!). I thanked the lady and used the credit to preorder White Knight Chronicles.

Long story short, if you lose your edge card you can recover the credit as long as you have the EDGE account number and ID.

Another good part was the GS I went to was near a TRU and a BB, so I had the BB matched the TRU deal.[/QUOTE]

Wow. You're pretty lucky. No way my BB would match a gift card deal.

1/19/10

:wii:Guitar Hero 5 (game only) - $15
:ps3:Prince of Persia - $5.50
:ps3:Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - $9
:ps3:Battlefield Bad Company - $5.75

Question. I plan on trading in AC2 tomorrow. As posted, current TIV is $25.

With a 30% increase it would put it at about $32. Can I use my Edge card to receive an additional 10% value tacked on?

Thank You.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Question. I plan on trading in AC2 tomorrow. As posted, current TIV is $25.

With a 30% increase it would put it at about $32. Can I use my Edge card to receive an additional 10% value tacked on?

Thank You.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you should receive 35$ credit in the end.

25 + 25 * 0.3 + 25 * 0.1 = 35

For the 30% trade in deal, do you have to spend it on something? Or can you just recieve the credit?

I am planning to reserve ME2 and MAG (And White Knight Chronicles/Bioshock 2), and am trying to decide would it be better to try to just trade the 2 games i plan to trade now (Bayonetta and L4D2) in with the 19.99 new game deal, and get a gift reciept and return them, or go for the 30% deal+edge card. (Not sure if i were to get the 40% extra deal on a card, if i could throw it on the reserves later)

(Not sure if anyone has been turned down trying to return a game from the 19.99 deal with a Gift Reciept, because if i get turned down, im screwed towards getting WKC or Bioshock 2)

[quote name='dgwillia006']For the 30% trade in deal, do you have to spend it on something? Or can you just recieve the credit?

I am planning to reserve ME2 and MAG (And White Knight Chronicles/Bioshock 2), and am trying to decide would it be better to try to just trade the 2 games i plan to trade now (Bayonetta and L4D2) in with the 19.99 new game deal, and get a gift reciept and return them, or go for the 30% deal+edge card. (Not sure if i were to get the 40% extra deal on a card, if i could throw it on the reserves later)

(Not sure if anyone has been turned down trying to return a game from the 19.99 deal with a Gift Reciept, because if i get turned down, im screwed towards getting WKC or Bioshock 2)[/QUOTE]

According to the CAG database both Bayonetta and Left 4 Dead 2 have a TIV of 25$, so if you just straight up traded those two in you would get (with edge):

50 + 50 * 0.3 + 50 * 0.1 = 70$ credits

However, with the current 19.99 new game deal you would get the net value of (again, with edge):

(25 + 15) * 2 + (25 * 0.1) *2 = 85$ credits

Pretty significant difference if I do say so myself. Just make sure that you ask for a gift receipt for the new games!

[quote name='candymaker789']According to the CAG database both Bayonetta and Left 4 Dead 2 have a TIV of 25$, so if you just straight up traded those two in you would get (with edge):

50 + 50 * 0.3 + 50 * 0.1 = 70$ credits

However, with the current 19.99 new game deal you would get the net value of (again, with edge):

(25 + 15) * 2 + (25 * 0.1) *2 = 85$ credits

Pretty significant difference if I do say so myself. Just make sure that you ask for a gift receipt for the new games![/QUOTE]

The upside of the 30% promo is that you don't have to use any of your cash. You must make an investment to get that bonus $15. But for the sake of the person quoted, since he was willing to pay full price for 2 upcoming games this deal is probably for him.

I don't shop at GS enough that I can rationalize spending $40 for $15 more in credit. Especially when I usually find games much cheaper elsewhere.

Yeah, but at the same time, since i would only be getting 70 dollars for the 2 trade ins, i'd end up having to fork up 50ish dollars whenever i go to pickup ME2 and MAG, if i do the 20 dollar deal (And it works), i'd only have to spend around 40 dollars to cover both of those games. (Seeing as the games i'd be returning is 59.99 each, the same price of MAG/ME2)

[quote name='mcdaking84']would it be stupid to trade the ps3 version of mw2 and get the 360 version for an extra $20?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Try listing it in the "same game, different platform" thread in the trade section.

Great, now with that susposed trade 7 get 50$ deal posted, i REALLY cant decide whether or not to go for these deals or wait.

(I think just to be safe, im gonna trade in Bayonetta and L4D2 so i can still get 70 dollars for the 2)

[quote name='handsomepete']Brutal Legend :360: is down to around 12.50 today (almost a 50% drop as best I can tell), sorry I didn't get the exact number. I was too stunned.[/QUOTE]

Yikes! I am so glad that I traded mine in yesterday!

I'm a little late with these, but they'll still bump many of the dates and update TIV's:

1/10/2010

DS
Mystery Case Files: Millionheir 6.00
My Sims Kingdom 5.00
Animal Crossing: Wild World 6.75
Star Wars Lethal Alliance 2.75
CrossworDS 4.75
Lock's Quest 2.75
Puzzle Quest: Galactrix 2.00
Meteos 0.85

PSP
Sid Meier's Pirates! 3.00
Final Fantasy I 6.00
Final Fantasy II 6.00
Star Wars Battlefront II 5.00
Star Wars Battlefront Renegade Squadron 2.50

[quote name='handsomepete']Brutal Legend :360: is down to around 12.50 today (almost a 50% drop as best I can tell), sorry I didn't get the exact number. I was too stunned.[/QUOTE]

Son of a........ Well...I was trying to hurry up and beat the game so I could still get the good TIV on it, guess I will just take my time now. :bomb:

[quote name='aspen1284']Son of a........ Well...I was trying to hurry up and beat the game so I could still get the good TIV on it, guess I will just take my time now. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

It gets $25 at Blockbuster as part of the trade 2, get an new game for $10 promotion.

@jp

This is my quote from the other trade in thread if you could put this in the OP since it will be a promo starting on monday just the like trade 7 get an extra $50:

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I saw the sheet that gamestop has with the promos and it didnt mention it but the manager told me he thinks it will be the old standard of > $2 to qualify.

Also would like to note that some BradyGuides will be 50% off starting monday as well. Not as great as getting Penny Guides but not too bad.

The guides for:
Tekken 6
LBP (the super guide)
God of War Collection
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time, were a few of the ones he mentioned. If anyone wants any more let me know and I can ask again.[/QUOTE]

Im about to trade in LFD 2, Assassins Creed 2, and Modern Warfare 2 for three new games. Then I want to return those three for credit so I can pick up FF 13, Magna Carta 2, and Mass Effect 2.

Is there anything I should know about trying this out? What is shown on the gift receipt exactly?

Woot :D. Just got back from GS, traded Bayonetta for Darksiders, then returned Darksiders and got 62.50 on an edge card, then put half on MAG and half on ME2. Gonna try with L4D2 and MW2 tommorow

I was curious to see what Dark Void (Xbox 360) would fetch when I was down there today. I was told only $20 trade-in for it. Looks like I'm ebaying it when I am finished with it. BTW its a much better game than the reviews are giving it, IMO the demo blew balls, but the full game is way better!

just received a used copy of FIFA 10 for xbox 360 from gamestop.com that is unreadable and in a black case instead of a green xbox 360 case. awesome. buyer beware. don't buy used games online if you expect them to actually work or want to be able to sell on ebay when you are done with them.

[quote name='riptidewahoo']just received a used copy of FIFA 10 for xbox 360 from gamestop.com that is unreadable and in a black case instead of a green xbox 360 case. awesome. buyer beware. don't buy used games online if you expect them to actually work or want to be able to sell on ebay when you are done with them.[/QUOTE]
Um, so call them and get a replacement - they do guarantee the games...

Whats on the gift receipt? I want to turn in 3 games tommorrow and go to another gamestop and return those for all credit on a GC...

I just don't want them to get suspiscious or anything.

[quote name='Ronin317']Um, so call them and get a replacement - they do guarantee the games...[/QUOTE]
Or send them an email.

It happens, but they understand that it does and should send you a replacement right away with no questions asked.

BRUTAL LEGEND--tiv is $30 at toysrus trade in right now---i too am going to finish playing it before i turn it--toys r us gives you 10 days to send in the game so you can lock in the tiv now n have 10 more days to send it.

[quote name='riptidewahoo']just received a used copy of FIFA 10 for xbox 360 from gamestop.com that is unreadable and in a black case instead of a green xbox 360 case. awesome. buyer beware. don't buy used games online if you expect them to actually work or want to be able to sell on ebay when you are done with them.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ronin317']Um, so call them and get a replacement - they do guarantee the games...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='eddie291']Or send them an email.

It happens, but they understand that it does and should send you a replacement right away with no questions asked.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I mean, you do realize that not every, single item a company sells is gonna work, right? I mean, I think we would expect them to maybe actually test these games, but this GameStop we're talking about. The way the first poster makes it sound, you're playing the lottery. If the game doesn't work, return it. If you don't, that's your fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back