GS TIV: Trade 2/4/7 get extra $10/25/50 on 360/PS3/Wii games, $30 HW bonus on new HW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6866412

[quote name='CheapyD']I'd like to encourage you guys to submit your GameStop trade-in values to our database directly. You can access it from the main navigation bar under Retailers -> GameStop or here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/retailer.php?do=view&retailerid=13[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

Upcoming Promos:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I didn't see this posted here.

I work at GS and we just got the info on this in today's store informer. Basically 50% trade in credit on ALL games. Yes, every game and no minimum value. As usual it stacks with Edge card.

I know I have some crap to unload come Monday![/QUOTE]

flagg1216 also noted that this promo only goes for a week.

[quote name='flagg1216']wii/ps3/360 trade 2 for 20% bonus 4 for 30%bonus or 6+ for 40%

no other info.no pics.[/QUOTE]
This one will probably start after the week long Extra 50% on all games promo.

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade more, get more! (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2 Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games and get an extra $10 trade-in credit, trade 4 get $25 or trade 7 get $50.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Games with a trade value of $5.00 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades.[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID (thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Arkansas, California, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='leung19']Bad trade in today
PS3 Sing it software $1.25
Wii Rock Band Track Vol 1 $2.25
Wii Cranium Kabooki $2
360 CoD 3 $3.25
PS3 Microphone wired $3

did not get the Bonus......[/QUOTE]

Didn't you trade in 3 games over $2?
Shouldn't you have got an extra $10?

[quote name='leung19']Bad trade in today
PS3 Sing it software $1.25
Wii Rock Band Track Vol 1 $2.25
Wii Cranium Kabooki $2
360 CoD 3 $3.25
PS3 Microphone wired $3
did not get the Bonus......[/QUOTE]
Yeah, accessories are not included in the promo. You should have just kept them instead of trading them in.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Yes... As you can tell, I got it for the points... I didn't even know the name of the freakin' game...

Amazon gives $15, so GS is probably close...[/QUOTE]

I had hoped so, but they're not, at all. I submitted a Sector 8 TIV to the database earlier tonight when I called my local GS to check the base value to decide if it was worth buying, or not.

TIV of $6.25 for Sector 8

12/15 trades:

:360:
Bioshock - $6.75
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare - $9.50
Call of Juarez Bound in Blood - $10
Far Cry 2 - $7.50
Halo 3 - $12
Midnight Club LA - $7.50
Red Faction Guerilla - $13

[quote name='Toohumanlive']Can GTA: Episodes from Liberty City be traded in? I noticed it hasn't been on the list yet.[/QUOTE]

Anyone?

12/15 base TIV's

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - 22.25
Beatles: Rock Band - 18.25
Madden '10 - 23
X-Blades - 4.25
Fallout 3 - 8.75
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - 9.50
Saints Row 2 - 5

:ps3:
Fallout 3 - 7

:wii:
Super Mario Galaxy - 7.50
Bigs 2 - 8

[quote name='Maskim']I had hoped so, but they're not, at all. I submitted a Sector 8 TIV to the database earlier tonight when I called my local GS to check the base value to decide if it was worth buying, or not.

TIV of $6.25 for Sector 8[/QUOTE]

Damn. Eh. May still use this and a rock rev from the BB B2G1 sale and some shitty filler. If I get the $20 bonus, maybe it's still worth the trade in... Have to crunch the numbers versus Ebay...

12/16 trades

PSP
Tiger Woods 09 $4.50
Madden 08 $1.50
Hannah Montana $4.75
Midnight Club 3 DUB $3.25

DS
Zoo Tycoon $1.50
PokemanDiamond $3.75

PS3
Batman AA $12.00

12/16 Base TIVs

Guilty Gear 2: Overture - $3.25
Street Fighter IV - $3.25
Velvet Assassin - $3.75
Need for Speed ProStreet - $4.25
Ninja Gaiden II - $6

:ps3:
WWE Smackdown! vs Raw 2009 - $4.50
Army of Two - $5.00
Grand Theft Auto IV - $5.75

:ds:
Final Fantasy Tactics A2 - $7.25
Harvest Moon DS - $4.75
Animal Crossing: Wild World - $6.75
Nintendogs Dalmatian Edition - $4.25

k so i keep checking for the fucking batman,
finally it came in stock, was about to check out with cag16 and edge, had it at like $24, and it goes out of fucking stock again.

this is so fucking annoying..im about to just pay more money for it somewhere else :\

Will they take a RRoD 360? The OP says they will take broken consoles, but could someone verify this? Would rather not go through the hassle of bringing my defective system in just to get turned away.

12/16 - both unchanged but mentioned in case you want to put a more recent date

Assassin's Creed 2 - PS3 - $30
Modern Warfare 2 - PS3 - $30

[quote name='Birbo']Will they take a RRoD 360? The OP says they will take broken consoles, but could someone verify this? Would rather not go through the hassle of bringing my defective system in just to get turned away.[/QUOTE]

They do, every time 43 different people ask this question.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']k so i keep checking for the fucking batman,
finally it came in stock, was about to check out with cag16 and edge, had it at like $24, and it goes out of fucking stock again.

this is so fucking annoying..im about to just pay more money for it somewhere else :\[/QUOTE]

its in stock now. good luck.

hahahaha, of course it is. i said fuck it like an hour ago and ordered for $30 from familyvideo i think.. i cant even remember anymore i ordered so much shit.

thanks anyways though, gamestop is fucking retarded, that thing has gone in and outta stock like 5 times today. oh well, but anyone else, cag 16 + edge got it down to around $24, cant beat that for batman.

edit: wow im throwing out more shaq-fu's tonight than in my entire gamer career.

[quote name='Survivalism']They do, every time 43 different people ask this question.[/QUOTE]

Well make it 44 now. Sorry to put you out.

[quote name='Wonka the Troll']OP, the DS/PSP bonus offer is no longer in effect. I found out yesterday when I traded in several PSP and DS games. It's also no longer on their website.[/QUOTE]

Are you certain about that? That specific promo is listed in tomorrow's GameStop Ad. Just sayin.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']k so i keep checking for the fucking batman,

this is so fucking annoying..im about to just pay more money for it somewhere else :\[/QUOTE]

How are you getting it at $24? I'm getting $26.45 and then with tax it brings it to $28 which just kind of kills it for me.

[quote name='jp0213']Are you certain about that? That specific promo is listed in tomorrow's GameStop Ad. Just sayin.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's not on the website and it's just the PSP/DS bonus offers that aren't valid. I traded in 6 DS/PSP games yesterday and didn't get the bonus on the PSP/DS and when I asked them they said it wasn't in effect.

[quote name='Wonka the Troll']Well, it's not on the website and it's just the PSP/DS bonus offers that aren't valid. I traded in 6 DS/PSP games yesterday and didn't get the bonus on the PSP/DS and when I asked them they said it wasn't in effect.[/QUOTE]

I did it yesterday as well and got the bonus. You might have gotten screwed.

Following trade values 12-16-09

(360)

Dead or Alive 4 ($3.00)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed ($2.00)
Grand Theft Auto IV ($6.25)
Orange Box: ($7.00)
Ninja Gaiden 2 ($6.00)
Street Fighter 4 ($3.25)
Soul Calibur 4 ($5.25)
Beautiful Katamari ($9.25)
Rayman Raving Rabbids (Wii) ($4.00)

PS3

Singstar Vol 2 (game only) $2.00
The Wheelman ($13.25)
Motorstorm Pacific Rift: $9.25

DS

Professor Layton and the Curious Village $15.00
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 $2.75
Mystery Case Files Millionheir $6.00

PSP

Outrun 2006 Coast to Coast $1.05
Ultimate Ghosts & Goblins $1.50
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles $2.75
Lego Batman $7.00
Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings $4.00
Tekken Dark Resurrection $6.65

[quote name='Dahk']I did it yesterday as well and got the bonus. You might have gotten screwed.[/QUOTE]

I did get screwed was looking at my receipt and only got the extra $20 on 8 games instead of the 12 games I traded in also. I will go back to store and check it out cause they did screw me out of at least $20.

TIVs are dropping like they're HOT!!:cold::cold:

As of 12/17:

:360:Halo 3 - $9.00 :cold:
:360:MK vs. DC - $2.75
:360:Saint's Row - $5.00
:wii:DK: Barrel Blast - $5.50

I remember this happened last year when they had some monster trade-in promo going - TIVs dropped the next day. So make sure if you are using the 50% coupon, that you are getting the better deal!

The trade in value on almost everything is nothing short of terrible.

Why would anyone ever do this? It seems like a complete rip off.

[quote name='nrfuller']The trade in value on almost everything is nothing short of terrible.

Why would anyone ever do this? It seems like a complete rip off.[/QUOTE]

because some games people have are incomplete and badly scratched from used purchases. When sales like trade 4, get an extra $20 come along it's a way to get rid of these games in junk condition for some actual credit. Sure these games might sell for a lot more on ebay but if they are in the condition I described the case isn't true.

[quote name='nrfuller']The trade in value on almost everything is nothing short of terrible.

People trade into GS/EB because they take everything with almost no questions asked. There is no worrying about getting rejected from NorAm (Amazon) and waiting for credit. No worry of someone pulling some type of ebay scam. Plus there are GS/EB's everywhere.

Will you get more if you check out every option and take the time to cherry pick the best values from ebay/amazon/goozex/TrU? Yea in some cases you probably will make out better, but you will spend alot more time than just walking into a GS/EB. Actually if you take advantage of the best trade in deals at GS/EB such as the current one (trade 4 get an extra $20) or the trade 6 get an extra 40% then you will probably do just as well or even better than if you break up your trades between multiple places. And you will get your credit immediately and spend no more than the 10 minutes it takes to walk in and trade in your games.

Why do we have this discussion every few pages? If you are here to contribute and have some TiVs to submit then please post them. If you are only here to say "you guys are idiots for trading in your games at GS/EB, these TiVs suck" then GTFO.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']People trade into GS/EB because they take everything with almost no questions asked. There is no worrying about getting rejected from NorAm (Amazon) and waiting for credit. No worry of someone pulling some type of ebay scam. Plus there are GS/EB's everywhere.

Will you get more if you check out every option and take the time to cherry pick the best values from ebay/amazon/goozex/TrU? Yea in some cases you probably will make out better, but you will spend alot more time than just walking into a GS/EB. Actually if you take advantage of the best trade in deals at GS/EB such as the current one (trade 4 get an extra $20) or the trade 6 get an extra 40% then you will probably do just as well or even better than if you break up your trades between multiple places. And you will get your credit immediately and spend no more than the 10 minutes it takes to walk in and trade in your games.

Why do we have this discussion every few pages? If you are here to contribute and have some TiVs to submit then please post them. If you are only here to say "you guys are idiots for trading in your games at GS/EB, these TiVs suck" then GTFO.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Exactly. Good post. Hit all the major points.[/QUOTE]

I agree. That response should be in the OP or at least be the boiler plate response to every "you guys are dumb" post.

Wow, last Saturday, I bought X-men Origins Wolverine, and Tomb Raider Underworld. X-men Origins was 22, and Tomb Raider was 16. It was about 41$. I went to get a refund today and the guy gave me back 50$ for wolverine!!!!!a and 25 for Tomb Raider! I was able to get DJ Hero!!

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']TIVs are dropping like they're HOT!!:cold::cold:

As of 12/17:

:360:Halo 3 - $9.00 :cold:
:360:MK vs. DC - $2.75
:360:Saint's Row - $5.00
:wii:DK: Barrel Blast - $5.50

I remember this happened last year when they had some monster trade-in promo going - TIVs dropped the next day. So make sure if you are using the 50% coupon, that you are getting the better deal![/QUOTE]
wow 2.75 for MK vs DC? Thats..pathetic..and to think I payed 60$ for it when it came out

[quote name='salty tbone']I agree. That response should be in the OP or at least be the boiler plate response to every "you guys are dumb" post.[/QUOTE]

What good would that do when people continue to ask if B2G1 free sales at Gamestop include new games? (i.e. people don't read)

Or also when people ask in every ad thread, does coupon x stack with edge? It's in the first part of that post. I put stuff in the main posts, but rarely ever expect anyone to actually read them. Goes that way in every forum though. I'd say most flame wars are started because of people's lack of reading.

Thread related, I'll be updating the prices first thing tomorrow morning.

Anyone know if Gamestop will take an Xbox Wireless G adapter? Its the one that you need to plug in like a router using an ethernet cable. Its black and originally made for the Xbox but it works for the 360 as well.

[quote name='KratosGOW2525']Wow, last Saturday, I bought X-men Origins Wolverine, and Tomb Raider Underworld. X-men Origins was 22, and Tomb Raider was 16. It was about 41$. I went to get a refund today and the guy gave me back 50$ for wolverine!!!!!a and 25 for Tomb Raider! I was able to get DJ Hero!![/QUOTE]

:whistle2:k?

Considering that many of us have picked up these games for $5 from the Hollywood Video sale or just as cheap from clearance sales or other places(like my disc only copies of MGS4 and AC for PS3 for $2 each), many of us are not losing out at all.

Matter of fact, many of us would rather hold onto games until they have a promo like the 'trade 4, get $20' deal and make a nice sized chunk on TOP of the TIV.

Even when I traded in around 15-20 games AND my fat model PS3 to pick up a slim, I didn't lose squat on it since 90-95% of the games were clearance titles. I got them super cheap and the PS3 I traded was purchased with cheap credit from selling clearance games as a collection AND flipping DVD sets.

I also made sure I came here FIRST and checked TIV's from this thread to be sure that I was taking the highest TIV games to GS to maximize the trade bonus they added(40% more for grabbing Batman: Arkham Asylum PLUS the Edge 10%).

[quote name='mrkool899']Anyone know if Gamestop will take an Xbox Wireless G adapter? Its the one that you need to plug in like a router using an ethernet cable. Its black and originally made for the Xbox but it works for the 360 as well.[/QUOTE]

Seeing as they don't take anything Xbox 1 related anymore and are trying to clear it out, I'd say no. But since it works for the 360 too, they might be able to sell it to someone instead of the 360 wireless adapter.

Personally though, I'd just try selling it here if Gamestop doesn't want to take it since it works with the 360 and it'd probably be a cheaper alternative for some as opposed to the $100 adapter made specifically for the 360.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Considering that many of us have picked up these games for $5 from the Hollywood Video sale or just as cheap from clearance sales or other places(like my disc only copies of MGS4 and AC for PS3 for $2 each), many of us are not losing out at all.

Matter of fact, many of us would rather hold onto games until they have a promo like the 'trade 4, get $20' deal and make a nice sized chunk on TOP of the TIV. .[/QUOTE]

That's the boat I'm in. I picked up several games from Hollywood Video with the specific thought that if I didn't end up wanting to keep them, I could wait for some type of trade-in offer. The values are crap, but if I'm getting $20 for 4, I'm guaranteed to come out on top. It's kind of a way to even their ridiculously low trade in values.

That's exactly how I made all the credit I had there last year during the HWV $4 last gen game sale, since it happened to coincide with the tiered trade bonus deal last year at GS.

I think I was getting like 50-60% extra on each TIV and the average trade transaction for me was around 10-12 games each time.

Then unfortunately, Gamestop stopped taking the Xbox stuff in. That was a sad day for me, since my one HWV still had 2-3 copies of San Andreas for the Xbox, which was worth a good buck at GS still.

TIV as of today, 12/18.

Game - base TIV - price after the extra 60%

:ps3: Uncharted 2 - $25 - $40
:360: Mirrors Edge - $5.75 - $9.21
:360: Madden 10 - $21.75 - $34.81
:360: Guitar Hero 5 (game only) - $12.25 - $19.59
:360: The Bigs - $2.75 - $4.41
:360: Skate 2 - $9.50 - $15.20

Wound up with $123.22 in credit and picked up Demons Souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back