GS TIV: Trade 2/4/7 get extra $10/25/50 on 360/PS3/Wii games, $30 HW bonus on new HW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6866412

[quote name='CheapyD']I'd like to encourage you guys to submit your GameStop trade-in values to our database directly. You can access it from the main navigation bar under Retailers -> GameStop or here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/retailer.php?do=view&retailerid=13[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

Upcoming Promos:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I didn't see this posted here.

I work at GS and we just got the info on this in today's store informer. Basically 50% trade in credit on ALL games. Yes, every game and no minimum value. As usual it stacks with Edge card.

I know I have some crap to unload come Monday![/QUOTE]

flagg1216 also noted that this promo only goes for a week.

[quote name='flagg1216']wii/ps3/360 trade 2 for 20% bonus 4 for 30%bonus or 6+ for 40%

no other info.no pics.[/QUOTE]
This one will probably start after the week long Extra 50% on all games promo.

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade more, get more! (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2 Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games and get an extra $10 trade-in credit, trade 4 get $25 or trade 7 get $50.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Games with a trade value of $5.00 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades.[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID (thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Arkansas, California, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tattoojeep']bump[/QUOTE]

If someone knew, there'd already be a thread here filled with people saying "lamestop sucks" and asking "is the B2G1 for new games or just used?"

sorry guys i thought someone would know what the deal was this week... if they were doing that for before xmas... guess noone knows. :(

[quote name='salty tbone']If someone knew, there'd already be a thread here filled with people saying "lamestop sucks" and asking "is the B2G1 for new games or just used?"[/QUOTE]

It's Rapestop, not Lamestop.:booty::lol: Speaking of which, I gotta try n swing by another one today n try to unload this last 360 copy of Fairytale Fights at least. I may keep one sealed and one open PS3 copy just for shits n giggles and after watching my one buddies niece playing the sealed PS3 copy I took up there last night, I may well play it too.:D

Only asking cause the date is a few months old now, can anyone confirm the trade in price on Trasnformers: revenge of the fallen? I doubt it is still that high.

[quote name='salty tbone']If someone knew, there'd already be a thread here filled with people saying "lamestop sucks" and asking "is the B2G1 for new games or just used?"[/QUOTE]

Or..."Can I buy three games, return the two I paid for, and get the other game for free?"

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It's Rapestop, not Lamestop.:booty::lol: Speaking of which, I gotta try n swing by another one today n try to unload this last 360 copy of Fairytale Fights at least. I may keep one sealed and one open PS3 copy just for shits n giggles and after watching my one buddies niece playing the sealed PS3 copy I took up there last night, I may well play it too.:D[/QUOTE]

most thought provoking and insightful post ever, keep it up

12/23

Ratchet and Clank Future Tools - 7.50
New Super Mario Bros. Wii - 25
Uncharted 2 - 25
Brutal Legend - 23.50
Halo 3 - 8
Uncharted - 9.50

I walked out with 157.60 after the 50% coupon so I am happy considering I got most of those games cheap.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Only asking cause the date is a few months old now, can anyone confirm the trade in price on Trasnformers: revenge of the fallen? I doubt it is still that high.[/QUOTE]

If someone had a more recent TiV they would have posted it.

Why don't you call a store and ask for the TiV so you can report it back to us? Thanks!

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']If someone had a more recent TiV they would have posted it.

Why don't you call a store and ask for the TiV so you can report it back to us? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Just called and confirmed at $15 TIV for both PS3 and 360.
I guess he wanted to see if he could buy them on the Gamefly sale and flip them at GS.
Not a bad idea @ $9.99 price for the 360 one at Gamefly.

From yesterday (12/22)

PS3 Uncharted 2 $25
360 Assassins Creed 2 $30
360 Xmen Origins Wolverine $9.25
PS3 Motorstorm 0.99
WII Virtua Tennis 2009 $5.75

Motorstomr got a whopping $1.44 with EDGE and 50% coupon. Total haul was $113.44. Not bad getting $48 back for AC2.

has anyone tried buying anything at gamestop.com today? "The Deal" on the website for today is $5 off a purchase over $49.99, and it says the discount will be taken at checkout, but I can't get it to work.

[quote name='bcb4589']12/23

Ratchet and Clank Future Tools - 7.50
New Super Mario Bros. Wii - 25
Uncharted 2 - 25
Brutal Legend - 23.50
Halo 3 - 8
Uncharted - 9.50

I walked out with 157.60 after the 50% coupon so I am happy considering I got most of those games cheap.[/QUOTE]

Did you check to see if you would of received a better deal using the trade 4 for $20.

I have some TIV's and I'll list before and (after any promo bumps):

Bioshock:ps3:-$6($6.60 after 10% Edge bump)
Fairytale Fights:360:-$9($14.90 after 4/$20 bump and EDGE)
Fairytale Fights:ps3:-$9($14.90 after 4/$20 bump and EDGE)
Resistance 2:ps3:-$6.25($11.87 after 4/$20 bump and EDGE)
WWE Legends Of Wrestlemania:ps3:-$7.25($12.97 after 4/$20 bump and EDGE)

I didn't have 3 more games to add that I wanted to get rid of that were over $2 in TIV, so I just took the flat $6 for Bioshock, which is fine since it was the free game at TRU during their B2G1.

In total, I got $61.24 for games I paid $11 for out of pocket($5 for Resistance 2 from HWV and $6 for Legends Of Wrestlemania).

[quote name='Shiroh30']Is there a minimum for the %50 coupon? I didn't see it on the coupon but just wanted to make sure.[/QUOTE]

No minimum on the 50% coupon. I traded a 30 cent game yesterday as filler. Expires tomorrow, though.

12/23/09

:360:
Ninja Gaiden 2 - $ 6.00
Orange Box - $7.00
Bioshock - $ 6.00
NFS: Carbon - $3.50

:ds:
Super Mario 64 - $7.50
Final Fantasy III - $2.75

:psp:
GTA: Liberty City Stories - $5.00
Lumines - $1.25
Midnight Club 3 - $3.25
Tekken Dark Resurrection - $6.50

Total after bonus: $88.79

Just used the coupon 50% extra
Traded in
Uncharted 2 (BASE $25)( With Edge+50% $40
Brutal Legends PS3( BASE $23.50)(With Edge+50% $37.60)
Brutal Legends 360( BASE $23.50)(With Edge+50% $37.60)
GRID PS3(BASE $6.75)(With Edge+50% $10.81)
Blue Dragon (Base $2.50)(With Edge+50% $4.00)

[quote name='DJP519']No minimum on the 50% coupon. I traded a 30 cent game yesterday as filler. Expires tomorrow, though.[/QUOTE]

cool, thanks! Good bye eye of judgement!

Traded in on 12/23, all pre-EDGE.

PS3:
Bourne Conspiracy - $5.25
Dragon Age: Origins - $22.00
Resistance: Fall of Man - $2.50
Bionic Commando - $3.00

GCN:
Luigi's Mansion - $2.00
RE: 0 - $3.25
RE: 1 - $3.25
RE: 2 - $4.50
Sonic DX - $2.00

360:
Infinite Undiscovery - $6.00
Assassin's Creed 1 - $5.75
Halo 3 ODST - $22.00
Condemned 1 - $1.75
Condemned 2 - $1.50

Wii:
Deadly Creatures - $4.25
Punch-Out - $18.25
Medal of Honor Heroes 2 - $7.00

PSP:
Wipeout Pulse - $1.25
Hot Shots Golf 2 Open Tee - $2.75
R&C Size Matters - $1.50
Sega Rally Revo - $1.50

DS:
Heroes of Mana - $2.00
DK Jungle Climber - $5.00

All Values before 50 % Coupon an 10% Edge Card Bump

XBOX 360:
UFC: Undisputed $15.00
Tekken 6: $22.00 (x2)
WWE: SVR 2010: $23.50
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2: $22.25
Borderlands: $25.00
GRID: $5.25
DJ HERO: $35.00
Left 4 Dead 2: $30.00

PS3:
UC2: $25.00
SVR 2010: $23.50

Wii:
Punch Out: $18.25

Total AFTER Bonuses: $426.77 Not bad for 12 Games...

For the Trade 4/$20 Promo.....

PS3:
Resistance 2: $6.25

XBOX 360:
Brothers In Arms: Hells Highway $3.00
Devil May Cry 4: $2.00
Terminator Salvation: $1.50
Lost Odyssey: $9.00
Army Of Two: $ 5.00
Lost Planet Colonies: $3.75
Wheelman: $6.50
Battlefield: Bad Company: $6.50
Gears Of War 2: $7.00
GRID: $5.25
Blue Dragon: $5.25
Afro Samurai: $4.75
SpiderMan: Web Of Shadows: $8.75
Ninja Blade: $7.25
Dirt: $7.00
Far Cry 2: $7.25
Fable 2: $3.75
Infinite Undiscovery: $6.00
Godfather 2: $8.00
Wanted: $4.00
Damnation: $5.00
Fuel: $5.00
Assasin's Creed: $5.75

Total AFTER Bonuses: $233.35

Complete Haul Total: $660.12

A very happy me, come on B2G1 :):applause:

Down from OP:

NBA 07 - $.20
Madden 07 - $.35

---

I tried trading in Fairytale Fights for PS3 and 360, but they told me I could trade in one game only no matter which system it's on, unless I have a reciept. Doesn't matter to me as I have the reciept still, but it's a pain in the ass having to go back. Was this always the policy? I could have sworn one of my local employees told me you could trade in multiples across different platforms not too long ago. Anyone know what's up with that?

I used the +50% coupon a few days ago; can I use it again? It states "limit one per customer," but doesn't specify if it's one per day or not.
I've only traded once at GS, so I don't know how they work.
Thanks.

[quote name='ItsAMeAMario']I used the +50% coupon a few days ago; can I use it again? It states "limit one per customer," but doesn't specify if it's one per day or not.
I've only traded once at GS, so I don't know how they work.
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I think it's implied one per visit.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Down from OP:

NBA 07 - $.20
Madden 07 - $.35

---

I tried trading in Fairytale Fights for PS3 and 360, but they told me I could trade in one game only no matter which system it's on, unless I have a reciept. Doesn't matter to me as I have the reciept still, but it's a pain in the ass having to go back. Was this always the policy? I could have sworn one of my local employees told me you could trade in multiples across different platforms not too long ago. Anyone know what's up with that?[/QUOTE]

You could tell them you have both systems and that you thought it was only against policy to trade in multiples of a game on the same system.

You might also want to try baiting them with a $5 pre-order or two, since that's the typical GS employees bread and butter.:D

Just got back and did a trade-in too.

:360: Midnight Club: Los Angeles(regular edition)- $7.50($8.25 after Edge card)

Figured I'd contribute. These are before the extra $20 bonus.

:360: Battlefield Bad Company Gold Edition(think the regular one is the same dont quote me on that though) - $5.00

:360: Fracture - $2.75

:360: GTA 4 - $5.00

:360: Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts - $6.00

These games didn't meet the requirements for the bonus but here are the TIVs for anyone interested.

:360: Dark Sector - $1.50

:360: Chromehounds - $1.25

:wii: Wii Play - $1.50

:ps3: Sonic the Hedgehog - $2.00

[quote name='JesusMcGee']Figured I'd contribute. These are before the extra $20 bonus.

:360: Dark Sector - $1.50

:360: Chromehounds - $1.25
:wii: Wii Play - $1.50

:ps3: Sonic the Hedgehog - $2.00[/QUOTE]

they gave you the bonus on these games? Did they have to do an override or was it automatically added?

These were traded in today before Edge & any bonuses (12/24)
Armored Core:For Answer (360) $7
Dirt 2 (PS3) $15
Fight Night Round 4 (360) $5.50
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 $22
Punchout $18.25
Ratchet & Clank: Crack in Time $22
Resident Evil 5 (PS3) $5.50
Top Spin 3 (360) $2.75
Uncharted 2 $25

Update from yesterday (12/23/2009):

PS3:
Uncharted 2-$25
Assassin's Creed-$7.75
Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga- $9.50
Ratchet and Clank: Crack in Time-$22

Wii:
Metroid Prime Trilogy: $19.25

Thanks and happy holidays everyone!

[quote name='Japakneez']they gave you the bonus on these games? Did they have to do an override or was it automatically added?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, should've specified. No bonus on those games. I actually didn't trade them in but those are the prices that were quoted to me by the GS employee.

edit: updated my original post so its less confusing

All traded in today 12-24 all are xbox 360 all are base values

Borderlands=$25
halo odst=$22
left 4 dead 2=$30
halo 3=$8 big drop
madden nfl 10=$21.75
rainbow six vegas=$1.00
Dark sector=$1.50

TiVs 12/24:

LEGO Batman (PS3) - $7.00
Orange Box (360) - $7.00
Burnout Paradise (360) - $6.75
Dragonball Z: Burst Limit (360) - $3.75

akjsdhjkl! you gotta be shitting me, GS doesn't open on the eve here at the Bay? I can't trade during the last day for the 50% all because I'm so busy at work and at home finishing those games before trading in. This has to be a joke, they better honor me the 50% coupon even after Xmas because it's bs it stated the last day is the 24th AND I CAN'T TRADE ON THE 24TH? FU gamestop, you just don't do that :(

*sigh* ok, sorry about that guys. But really I'm very frustrated I took the last few days finishing up Killzone2, resist and other games straight only to get cockblock.

anyone else had this problem?

Can OP please update the thread, new TIV deal which fairs better than the 25% power trade in deal. I have to resort to this deal if they don't honor the 50% coupon anymore.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/specialty/tradeins/
50% bonus toward Bioshock 2, God of War III or Final Fantasy XIII

Get an extra 50% trade-in credit on any games traded toward the pre-order of Bioshock 2, God of War III or Final Fantasy XIII.

Expires: 12/28/2009. Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order of a new copy of Bioshock 2, God of War III or Final Fantasy XIII. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.

just check gamestop site and their price drops and a lot of the new release games drop $10 to $20. May very well see those AC2, L4D2, and MW2 drop down to $25 tiv very soon!

[quote name='crashinsane']akjsdhjkl! you gotta be shitting me, GS doesn't open on the eve here at the Bay? I can't trade during the last day for the 50% all because I'm so busy at work and at home finishing those games before trading in. This has to be a joke, they better honor me the 50% coupon even after Xmas because it's bs it stated the last day is the 24th AND I CAN'T TRADE ON THE 24TH? FU gamestop, you just don't do that :(

*sigh* ok, sorry about that guys. But really I'm very frustrated I took the last few days finishing up Killzone2, resist and other games straight only to get cockblock.

anyone else had this problem?[/QUOTE]

That's why you only trade in stuff you are already done playing and do so many days prior to the end of a promo. Lucky for me, after watching a buddy of mine playing Resistance 2, I had no real desire to play through it, so it made it an easy decision to trade it in.

did anyone else get this $20 coupon thing after ordering from Gamestop.com?

I have one, and I'm trying to check out right now, and it says it'll take $20 off my purchase, but at the final thread it says the coupon isn't working and my total is like $21, when it should be $1 -- how can i get it to work?

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']did anyone else get this $20 coupon thing after ordering from Gamestop.com?

I have one, and I'm trying to check out right now, and it says it'll take $20 off my purchase, but at the final thread it says the coupon isn't working and my total is like $21, when it should be $1 -- how can i get it to work?[/QUOTE]

They have an upcoming promo that takes off $20 from 'any purchase'(according to the ad)when you trade in one game from a select list.

So maybe it was just an ad for the new promo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back