GS TIV: Trade 2/4/7 get extra $10/25/50 on 360/PS3/Wii games, $30 HW bonus on new HW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6866412

[quote name='CheapyD']I'd like to encourage you guys to submit your GameStop trade-in values to our database directly. You can access it from the main navigation bar under Retailers -> GameStop or here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/retailer.php?do=view&retailerid=13[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

Upcoming Promos:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I didn't see this posted here.

I work at GS and we just got the info on this in today's store informer. Basically 50% trade in credit on ALL games. Yes, every game and no minimum value. As usual it stacks with Edge card.

I know I have some crap to unload come Monday![/QUOTE]

flagg1216 also noted that this promo only goes for a week.

[quote name='flagg1216']wii/ps3/360 trade 2 for 20% bonus 4 for 30%bonus or 6+ for 40%

no other info.no pics.[/QUOTE]
This one will probably start after the week long Extra 50% on all games promo.

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade more, get more! (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2 Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games and get an extra $10 trade-in credit, trade 4 get $25 or trade 7 get $50.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Games with a trade value of $5.00 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades.[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID (thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Arkansas, California, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking about getting 5 copies of pikmin. 1 for me, 4 for trade.
You make about 2.50 per game and the extra 20 = free game.

[quote name='yruluis']Thinking about getting 5 copies of pikmin. 1 for me, 4 for trade.
You make about 2.50 per game and the extra 20 = free game.[/QUOTE]

I doubt they're going to let you trade in 4 copies of Pikmin at once.. None of my stores will even let me trade in 2 copies of the same game.

[quote name='yruluis']Thinking about getting 5 copies of pikmin. 1 for me, 4 for trade.
You make about 2.50 per game and the extra 20 = free game.[/QUOTE]
Flaw in that plan is that you can't trade more than 1 copy of a game in at a Gamestop.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Nope. Only one promo.[/QUOTE]

Thought so. I'd be trading in Boy and His Blob so I'd probably only get like $3.

[quote name='lovick']Uh... I'm assuming you mean Left 4 Dead 2 right?
If you aren't, I'm gonna just buy a copy and trade it in.

[/QUOTE]

Opps! Sorry. Yes, it was Left 4 Dead 2 (360) - $28

TIV 12/29
Civilization Revolution (360) - $6.75
Spectral Force 3 (360) - $4.25
Klonoa (Wii) - $3.50
Imagine Party Babyz (Wii) - $2.25
Fallout 3 (360) - $6.25
Virtua Fighter 5 (360) - $2.25
Orange Box (360) - $7.00
Far Cry 2 (360) - $7.25
Mercenaries 2 (360) - $4.50
Army of Two (360) - $5.00

TIV 1/4
Sonic and the Secret Rings (Wii) - $4.00
Sonic the Hedgehog (360) - $2.00
X-Men Origins: Wolverine (360) - $8.00
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars (360) - $2.50
Mirror's Edge (360) - $5.75
Halo 3 (360) - $8.00
LEGO Batman (360) - $4.00
Onechanbara (Wii) - $2.75
Guitar Hero: World Tour (360) - $3.50
Saints Row (360) - $2.25
Avatar: The Burning Earth (360) - $4.00
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania (360) - $7.25
Oblivion GOTY (360) - $9.75
Sonic and the Black Knight (Wii) - $9.25
Left 4 Dead (360) - $9.00
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction - $7.50

I traded in my old 360 last night ALONG with 4 games and received BOTH promos; the hardware $20 and the trade 4/$20 deal too. I got $100 for the console and about $40 for 4 games.

Not too shabby, Gamestop.

TIV 1/4

PS3
Assassin's Creed - $7.75
Battlefield Bad Company - $5.75
Devil May Cry 4 - $2.50
Shaun White Snowboarding - $4.00
Rock Band - $1.75
MLB 08 - $1.25
Elder Scrolls IV - $5.75

Wii
Far Cry: Vengeance - $1.75

PS2
Simpsons Hit and Run - $4
Grand Theft Auto III - $.95
Gran Turismo 4 - $2
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance - $2.75
Enter the Matrix - $.80

TIV 1/5

PS3
Armored Core: For Answer - $7.25
Midnight Club: LA - $ 7.50

Armored Core: For Answer - $7.00
Fairytale Fights - $11.25
UP - $7.75
Godfather 2 - $8.00
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - $8.00

Edge bonuses finally paid off the initial cost of the card :applause:

Edge bonuses finally paid off the initial cost of the card

the edge bonus from those trades were only $5 and some change. you didnt need an edge card to take advantage of the promo u just used.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']the edge bonus from those trades were only $5 and some change. you didnt need an edge card to take advantage of the promo u just used.[/QUOTE]

Was my third trade in since getting the card the day the 12/26 promo went live. Suppose I didn't mention that part.

[quote name='nekromantix']TIV 1/5

PS3
Armored Core: For Answer - $7.25
Midnight Club: LA - $ 7.50

Armored Core: For Answer - $7.00
Fairytale Fights - $11.25
UP - $7.75
Godfather 2 - $8.00
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - $8.00

Edge bonuses finally paid off the initial cost of the card :applause:[/QUOTE]
Huh... those were all eligible for the $20 each...?!

[quote name='J7.']Huh... those were all eligible for the $20 each...?![/QUOTE]

Yes, did that promo, thought people dropped off the base TIV's in this thread though.

TIV 1/5

Blue Dragon - $2.50
Far Cry: Instincts Predator - $2.25
Crackdown - $2.75
Battlestations Midway - $3.25

Facebreaker - $2.00 OR LESS (didn't ask clerk exact amount, just took it out of the Trade 4 + $20 Promo after he said it wasn't $2)

Pocketed $30.75 on Edge for those 4 games. I have only traded games one other time to GS (for their +$20 promo on select games) b/c I usually sell my games on eBay. I daresay I couldn't have netted $31 from those 4 games in a regular auction. The seller and Paypal fees are just too high. Plus, it's simply easier to tade-in games. In these select circumstances, GS actually gave me a good deal! Now I have about $73 to use at their next B2G1 sale...

From 1/5/10

Xbox 360 All base (w/edge and $5 bonus)

Battlefield Bad Co. 6.00 (11.60)
GTA 4 - 5 (10.50)
Assassin's Creed - 5.75 (11.33)
50 Cent BOTS - 4.75 (10.23)

From 1/5/10, all base values:

Xbox 360:
Wanted: Weapons of Fate - $4.00
Guitar Hero: World Tour - $3.50

PS3:
Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazzard - $3.75

Wii:
The Conduit - $9.50

With EDGE and 4/$20 bonus, I managed to get $42.83 for the four of them which totally sucks considering I spent full price on GH: WT, but at least I bought the others for cheap or got them off of Goozex.

1/4/10

Xbox System w/ wireless controller - $80
Messenger Pad - $5
Wired Headset - $5.25
Component Cables - $4.75

After Edge and Bonus, I walked away with $116.50

[quote name='mcgavin27']1/4/10

Xbox System w/ wireless controller - $80
Messenger Pad - $5
Wired Headset - $5.25
Component Cables - $4.75

After Edge and Bonus, I walked away with $116.50[/QUOTE]

Dude, is that the xbox 1 headset. I have two 360 headsets and wireless one that I don't use since I don't bother to chat since I don't play MP. I totally forgot that you could trade accessories.

1/5/10

pikmin (wii) - 6.25
godfather 1 (360) - 3.00
excitebots (wii) - 4.00
Kane & Lynch (360) - 4.75
EDF 2017 (360) - 1.75

1/5/10

James Cameron's Avatar: The Game (360) - $15.00
Chronicles of Riddick (360) - $5.00
Soul Calibur 4 (360) - $5.25
Saint's Row 2 (PS3) - $5.00

[quote name='yruluis']Dude, is that the xbox 1 headset. I have two 360 headsets and wireless one that I don't use since I don't bother to chat since I don't play MP. I totally forgot that you could trade accessories.[/QUOTE]
It is the xbox 360 headset. Its the standard one that comes with the system and various live bundles.

Found a receipt from 12/18/09, in case these games haven't been updated since then:

All PS3:
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 - $5.75
Guitar Hero World Tour(Game only) - $2.75
Enchanted Arms(Disc only) - $3.00
Bioshock(missing case) - $6.00

Traded it all in for $37.50 with the bonus $20.

All DS (01/05):
Professor Layton & The Curious Village $15
Kirby Super Star Ultra $13.25
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks $20
Tetris DS $15
Rhythm Heaven $13.25

Subtotal = $76.50
After 50% coupon & Edge = $122.38

I got back more in credit on all 5 games than what I initially paid ;)

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']$375 in GS credit now... and no idea what to buy. =/[/QUOTE]

Same predicament... just have $235 in credit. Mind entertains the thought of a PS3 but that'd just be overkill, haven't even touched 80% of my 360 games. Guess I'll wait patiently for another used buy 2 get 1 deal or something. Game credit always starts burning a hole in my imaginary pocket for some reason. Gotta get rid of it...

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']$375 in GS credit now... and no idea what to buy. =/[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nekromantix']Same predicament... just have $235 in credit. Mind entertains the thought of a PS3 but that'd just be overkill, haven't even touched 80% of my 360 games. Guess I'll wait patiently for another used buy 2 get 1 deal or something. Game credit always starts burning a hole in my imaginary pocket for some reason. Gotta get rid of it...[/QUOTE]

Same here. I have $310 in credit. I'm thinking that I'll wait until the fall for Natal and the potential of a new DS.

[quote name='nekromantix']Same predicament... just have $235 in credit. Mind entertains the thought of a PS3 but that'd just be overkill, haven't even touched 80% of my 360 games. Guess I'll wait patiently for another used buy 2 get 1 deal or something. Game credit always starts burning a hole in my imaginary pocket for some reason. Gotta get rid of it...[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way, only about a 360.

I only own a PS3 right now, and it's keeping me plenty busy. But I've been toying with the notion of picking up a 360 or a Wii, but I just don't know if I want another system to buy games for, when my PS3 is already keeping me busy with what I have.

1/6/10 according to the receipt even though I got $20 for each one (all Wii)
HOTD 2&3 - $8
Boom Blox - $7.25
WarioWare Smooth Moves - $8
The Price is Right - $7.25
We Ski & Snowboard - $6

[quote name='Rouzhokuu'] Tetris DS by Nintendo (Video Game - Mar 20, 2006) (Nintendo DS)
7 new from $129.95
13 used from $35.99

Looks like it, yeah.

*hugs $7 Tetris Mini on PSP*[/QUOTE]

No more prints? I still have mine, but I would've traded it if it wasn't for my mom.

[quote name='Joe Fongul']All DS (01/05):
Professor Layton & The Curious Village $15
Kirby Super Star Ultra $13.25
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks $20
Tetris DS $15
Rhythm Heaven $13.25

Subtotal = $76.50
After 50% coupon & Edge = $122.38

I got back more in credit on all 5 games than what I initially paid ;)[/QUOTE]

Looks like I'll be getting rid of some ds games. Good thing I didn't the same thing I did to my 360 games. Where can I get that 50% coupon?

06 Jan 2010 - Xbox 360 Base Trade prices
Red Faction: Guerrilla - 12.50
Rock Band: Lego - 15.00
Halo Wars - 7
Assassin's Creed - 5.75

Traded in a broken 360.

Base with wireless controller is $80
$50 refurb fee.

I tried to get the $20 bonus for systems, but they pointed out that it said, "Offer good on working systems only" :(

On a side note, the guy working asked another employee. "Should I keep it in the box?" He said, " No, we have to add it with all the others in back and ship it in a gamestop box." I found that little tidbit a little funny.

I was going to say that is a new tidbit they added, but that was in the last few promos. What is weird is I know people who have gotten the promo with a defective console even had employees mention that you would get the promo amount. Definitely interesting.

I am new here, but I have to say I love this site,and wanted to add a few TiVs.
As of 1/5/2010

Wii :
Geometry Wars: Galaxies - $1.75
Spyro: Eternal Night - $2.50
Madden NFL 2009 - $3.75

Xbox 360:
Transformers The Game - $2.50
Fallout 3: Operation Anchorage / The Pitt - $7.25

All in all I got 39.52 for the four that counted, kept Geometry Wars.
Got myself Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles (+TWO shirts) for 10.25 (I had $5 down.)

[quote name='shiftymcneely']Traded in a broken 360.

Base with wireless controller is $80
$50 refurb fee.

I tried to get the $20 bonus for systems, but they pointed out that it said, "Offer good on working systems only" :(

On a side note, the guy working asked another employee. "Should I keep it in the box?" He said, " No, we have to add it with all the others in back and ship it in a gamestop box." I found that little tidbit a little funny.[/QUOTE]

So you only got $30 after the refurb fee and you traded it in still? :roll: For that piddily amount, you should've just taken it home and Googled how to try and fix it yourself, since you'd only be out that paltry $30 GS credit.

[quote name='killer9']damn 30 bones thats horrible i woulda tryed to fix it 2 red rings or 3 is an easy fix[/QUOTE]

indeed...i thought about fixing it before I brought it. But, I had the E74 error and didn't want to buy parts to fix it. If it would have been a simple X clamp, then I would have done it.

Trade prices from 1/6/10:

MLB 2K8 - $1.75
Don King Presents Prizefighter - $1.75
Marvel Ultimate Alliance / Forza 2 - $2.25
Virtua Fighter 5 - $2.25

PS3
Beijing 2008 - $1.50

PSP
Star Wars Battlefront Renegade - $2.50

DS
Operation Vietnam - $0.75
Turn It Around - $0.75
Children of Mana - $1.50
Phoenix Wright: Justice for All - $3.25

Sry if this is a repost (I searched and didn't find it) -- saw on GS website they are having a trade 2 for $40 off Army of Two the 40th Day deal (valid 1/11/10 - 1/24/10.) Here is the link:

http://www.gamestop.com/ao2trade2

Not a great deal - most of these games on the list I think you'd get more than $20 tiv for each, but thought I'd pass along anyways.

[quote name='Jerajdai']Sry if this is a repost (I searched and didn't find it) -- saw on GS website they are having a trade 2 for $40 off Army of Two the 40th Day deal (valid 1/11/10 - 1/24/10.) Here is the link:

http://www.gamestop.com/ao2trade2

Not a great deal - most of these games on the list I think you'd get more than $20 tiv for each, but thought I'd pass along anyways.[/QUOTE]

I think the auto referral is messing with the link. The first time I clicked on it it brought me to an incorrect page on the website. Then I took out the referral portion and could see the offer.

[quote name='nietzsche74']Blazing Angels 2 and Shellshock 2 for the 360: Are thes games still eligible?[/QUOTE]

Blazing Angels 2 - $4.75 (10/10/09)
Shellshock 2 - $5 (9/14/09)

Those are the most up to date TIVs we have for those games (which are located in the OPs first few posts of this thread). As long as those games have a TIV of more than $2 they're still eligible for the promo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back