GS TIV: Trade 2/4/7 get extra $10/25/50 on 360/PS3/Wii games, $30 HW bonus on new HW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6866412

[quote name='CheapyD']I'd like to encourage you guys to submit your GameStop trade-in values to our database directly. You can access it from the main navigation bar under Retailers -> GameStop or here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/retailer.php?do=view&retailerid=13[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

Upcoming Promos:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I didn't see this posted here.

I work at GS and we just got the info on this in today's store informer. Basically 50% trade in credit on ALL games. Yes, every game and no minimum value. As usual it stacks with Edge card.

I know I have some crap to unload come Monday![/QUOTE]

flagg1216 also noted that this promo only goes for a week.

[quote name='flagg1216']wii/ps3/360 trade 2 for 20% bonus 4 for 30%bonus or 6+ for 40%

no other info.no pics.[/QUOTE]
This one will probably start after the week long Extra 50% on all games promo.

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade more, get more! (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2 Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games and get an extra $10 trade-in credit, trade 4 get $25 or trade 7 get $50.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Games with a trade value of $5.00 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades.[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID (thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Arkansas, California, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thatswhatshesaid']karma is lovely isnt it[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's called me waiting too long. It's happened before with me and trade promos. No big deal. I wasn't sure if I wanted to get rid of the game or not, since my one buddy hadn't finished it yet. So this just makes my mind up for me.

Got some values from earlier today. All base tiv value:

:ps3:
Need for Speed: Undercover - $8.75
Burnout Paradise - $6.50
Dead Space - $6.00
Killzone 2 - $10.25
MLB 09: The Show - $6.50
Resistance 2 - $10.00
Mirror's Edge - $6.75

In total after 7/$50 and Edge, I got $110.28 that I put towards Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Heavy Rain.

I've seen that posted a few times on craiglist. There is another forum that does the same thing. I think it is consoleheroes.com.

[quote name='jp0213']I always try to help out when I can. You definitely did the right thing though by taking your games back. If you aren't getting what you expect always cancel the transaction. I do think they have to hit total for the promos to show up, but you did the right thing.

As long as it is still sealed and you have your receipt, they really can't say much about you returning it. Unopened products have a 30 day return. Then you rebuy and you should get the gift card.[/QUOTE]

Well they CAN refuse any return but they are not likely to.

To the guy trading in a banned system you just dealt with crappy employees who should be fired. My local stores would never take an opened system regardless of how it tests. If they look like shit they will refurb them too.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Oh and prepare yourself for people flaming you for trading in shoddy hardware that they'll end up reselling to someone else.[/QUOTE]
lol.. I wonder if they actaully check if the box is banned during refurb. I don't even know if there's such a thing as legit "refurb" I think all they did was took it to the back, shrink wrapped it and sold it off just like that. Man, it would suck if my box get sold to some kid knowing it's banned.

[quote name='flagg1216']
To the guy trading in a banned system you just dealt with crappy employees who should be fired. My local stores would never take an opened system regardless of how it tests. If they look like shit they will refurb them too.[/QUOTE]
Well it's not my fault they accepted it. Maybe if there's actaully dedicated policy (oxymoron) then I might have been caught doing so. Although I do feel bad if someone else wanted to buy a refurb to save money just to go on live. Then again, there's people out there who wants to try their chances to see if can get a modded refurb from gamestop, then they're lucky.

Gamestop is there for good and bad reasons, the good reasons is that hoping there's dumb employees out there where you can take advantage of getting good trade in deals; able to trade in multiple copies of the same game *cough*FairytaleFight*cough* for that $20 promo. The bad reason is you can't take advantage of any good trade in deals where you have employees/managers who just likes to be assholes.

[quote name='crashinsane']lol.. I wonder if they actaully check if the box is banned during refurb. I don't even know if there's such a thing as legit "refurb" I think all they did was took it to the back, shrink wrapped it and sold it off just like that. Man, it would suck if my box get sold to some kid knowing it's banned.

Well it's not my fault they accepted it. Maybe if there's actaully dedicated policy (oxymoron) then I might have been caught doing so. Although I do feel bad if someone else wanted to buy a refurb to save money just to go on live. Then again, there's people out there who wants to try their chances to see if can get a modded refurb from gamestop, then they're lucky.

Gamestop is there for good and bad reasons, the good reasons is that hoping there's dumb employees out there where you can take advantage of getting good trade in deals; able to trade in multiple copies of the same game *cough*FairytaleFight*cough* for that $20 promo. The bad reason is you can't take advantage of any good trade in deals where you have employees/managers who just likes to be assholes.[/QUOTE]

If they didn't hit you with a refurb then yes it will get boxed up and resold to a little kid who has been working hard to save his money to buy an xbox. He will be heartbroken and have to return it to gamestop. Then gamestop will have to give him another system and eat the loss on your system. Then they will drop tiv even lower to account for all the people who rip them off.

[quote name='flagg1216']If they didn't hit you with a refurb then yes it will get boxed up and resold to a little kid who has been working hard to save his money to buy an xbox. He will be heartbroken and have to return it to gamestop. Then gamestop will have to give him another system and eat the loss on your system. Then they will drop tiv even lower to account for all the people who rip them off.[/QUOTE]

This is a bit exaggerated. I believe that they send all hardware somewhere to be inspected and refurbed. So if they are lazy and don't check it, and if for some odd reason they just stick it back on the shelf to be sold, and if someone returns it because it doesn't work, they'll make an effort to fix it in their warehouse to be sold again before just eating the cost.

Looking for GS TIV for Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues (360) - curious if it is more than Amazon's $17.75 as this would be my seventh game.

I will try to call this afternoon after I get my daughter down for a nap, but was curious if anyone knew.

[quote name='Tarantulas14']Will they take a 360 that is in working condition but was opened. It was out of warranty already so I had to open it to clean all the dust out.[/QUOTE]
YMMV, I don't think they are supposed to (as was the case with PS2s several years ago), but you might get lucky.

How much is the TIV for a DS lite these days? I'm wondering if I should trade in my black one for a new one, considering the screen's starting to go and the right shoulder button's starting to act up.

2/8/10 base TIV's

PS3
- Bigs 2 7.75
- Sonic Unleashed 5.50

- Cars Race-o-Rama 9.50
- Mini Ninjas 7.50
- Call of Juarez: B.i.B. 10.00
- Planet 51 10.50
- Xmen Origins:
Wolverine Uncaged Ed. 7.75

I also asked for the TIV on Madagascar Kartz.

360 - Madagascar Kartz - 6.50

Anybody else getting cash handed to them when cancelling preorders made with credit? I've had it done twice now, at two different GS', both with and without a receipt.

[quote name='Shaner64']So I have been recently thinking about trading in my old xbox 360 towards a new PSP, would a PSP allow the offer to go through???[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it should. Its new hardware.

[quote name='flagg1216']If they didn't hit you with a refurb then yes it will get boxed up and resold to a little kid who has been working hard to save his money to buy an xbox. He will be heartbroken and have to return it to gamestop. Then gamestop will have to give him another system and eat the loss on your system. Then they will drop tiv even lower to account for all the people who rip them off.[/QUOTE]

Little kids don't usually buy their own shit. They have mommy or daddy(or grandma/grandpa) come in with them, they point and say 'I want it' and they get what they want cuz they're spoiled.

Besides which, eating losses on bad merchandise is part of being a business. It happens. I'm just happier when it happens to the evil empire known as Gamestop though.:D;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Little kids don't usually buy their own shit. They have mommy or daddy(or grandma/grandpa) come in with them, they point and say 'I want it' and they get what they want cuz they're spoiled.

Besides which, eating losses on bad merchandise is part of being a business. It happens. I'm just happier when it happens to the evil empire known as Gamestop though.:D;)[/QUOTE]

I agree about the spoiled part, most kids are. Businesses do have to accept bad merchandise. It's different though when it's people blatantly taking advantage of the system. I just find it funny how so many people around here bitch about tiv's and then people go and post shit about ripping off gamestop which only contributes to lower tiv's.

any idea how much for bioshock 2? i got 2 copies from a friends who got them from 2K might as well get credit for one of them

TIVs from... moments ago. Base values:

---360---
Bioshock 6.75
Eternal Sonata 7.50
Lost Odyssey 8.75
Infinite Undiscovery 5.75
Ninja Gaiden II 5.75
Phantasy Star Universe 5.50
Last Remnant 4.75 (does not qualify obviously)

---Wii---

Pikmin 6.25

[quote name='BigBoss12']any idea how much for bioshock 2? i got 2 copies from a friends who got them from 2K might as well get credit for one of them[/QUOTE]

Most likely 25. I think that's the most they give for new games now.

ouch, they hit me w a .75 refurb fee. on my nhl 05 fifa 06 lol. I traded 5 games in but the .75 refurb knocked out 3 of them, lol. still added $4 credit. he asked if I was saving up for a system cuz i have 400+ credit. I said nope just waiting for some b2g1frees and i asked if the edge card ever expires and he said no way.

[quote name='Brownjohn']Most likely 25. I think that's the most they give for new games now.[/QUOTE]

Mass Effect 2 got $35. Seems like $30 games are extremely rare now, but I think the biggest titles sometimes still get it.

Does anyone know when the next B2G1 Free promo will start? I wanna trade in 7 games and go ape shit on them during that promo? Also I've used the promo in stores before but never online...can u use the promo online? I'd love to use it and get an extra 10% off with edge and 16% off with cag 16.

B2G1 promos are almost always online when they are in-store company wide. Problem is the good games disappear quickly. Also you wouldn't be able to use B2G1 and CAG16 together on the order. They had the glitch online once or twice but have since fixed it to where that no-longer works.

[quote name='jp0213']B2G1 promos are almost always online when they are in-store company wide. Problem is the good games disappear quickly. Also you wouldn't be able to use B2G1 and CAG16 together on the order. They had the glitch online once or twice but have since fixed it to where that no-longer works.[/QUOTE]

Okay thanks for the info. The online used price is still cheaper so if i can go that route ill try that.

Any idea if the extra 30 for trading a console counts toward reserves? If the rumors for that FF13 360 are true, i so want to reserve one early, especially if it does work.

I think it would count, if they had a SKU/barcode they could use to setup the purchase on it which I doubt they have yet if it is true. If they were taking pre-orders on such device that would be all over their site.

Here's a confirmation of lots of values in the database that just haven't been updated recently plus a few changes. I traded in a ton of stuff since Sunday.

Xbox 360

Call of Duty 2 - $2.00
Bioshock - $6.75
GTA Episodes from Liberty City - $15

Wii

Boom Blox Bash Party - $8
Resident Evil 1 - $7 (new to DB)
WarioWare Smooth Moves - $8.25
Pikmin - $6.75
Okami - $8.00 (down .50)
Wario Land Shake It - $4 (down 4.00)

PS3

Lego Star Wars Complete Saga - $9.50
Lego Indiana Jones The Original Adventure - $6.25
Lego Batman - $7.00
Call of Duty 3 - $2.25
Call of Duty 4 - $12.50
Call of Duty WaW - $10-12ish (Sorry forgot this one)
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 - $23
The Orange Box - $6.50
Mirror's Edge - $6.75
Dead Space - $6
Killzone 2 - $10.25
Guitar Hero World Tour - $2.50 (down .25)

And now for the kicker strangely PS3

Street Fighter IV - $8.00 (up 3.25) So go dump that thing before the new one comes out.

I traded in 18 on the deal, 2 sets of 7 and a set of 4. The 4 games under $5 went toward GOW 3.
In total, with the $125 in bonuses and edge, I received almost exactly $300 (it was actually a bit more but bought some stuff) and I have like $15 down on GOW 3 pretty happy with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its true for sure, just got announced last night i believe. Though, im hoping unless that wasnt the true design for the Xbox, the price drops by ATLEAST 50 dollars, or i might have to consider passing. (400 bucks seems a bit much especially when the 360 and controllers look like plain ones and it doesnt come with any thing else bonus)

Today All PS3

Orange Box Half-Life $6.50
Resistance $7
Resistance 2 $10
R6V 2 $8
Oblivion $5.75
Army of Two $6
Bourne $5.25

With bonus and edge - $103.40

Bioshock 2 (360) - $25

Went ahead and held off; at least going to wait until Amazon posts their TIV. Figure I can screw around in the multiplayer until then. May post for sale in the trading forum if their value is this low.

[quote name='donut']Today All PS3

Orange Box Half-Life $6.50
Resistance $7
Resistance 2 $10
R6V 2 $8
Oblivion $5.75
Army of Two $6
Bourne $5.25

With bonus and edge - $103.40[/QUOTE]

yay! R2 went up. That was gonna be one of the games i was gonna trade in

On a side note, does anyone know how much GS charges on a refurb fee? I got tagged with it once on SDvR 2010 by 4 or 5 bucks but the game in question(halo 3) has a good amount of scratches to the point where they will take a refurb fee. But surely they wont take 5 bucks off a 6 dollar TIV would they?

[quote name='hobbie8046']Bioshock 2 (360) - $25

Went ahead and held off; at least going to wait until Amazon posts their TIV. Figure I can screw around in the multiplayer until then. May post for sale in the trading forum if their value is this low.[/QUOTE]

....why?

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']yay! R2 went up. That was gonna be one of the games i was gonna trade in

On a side note, does anyone know how much GS charges on a refurb fee? I got tagged with it once on SDvR 2010 by 4 or 5 bucks but the game in question(halo 3) has a good amount of scratches to the point where they will take a refurb fee. But surely they wont take 5 bucks off a 6 dollar TIV would they?[/QUOTE]

This is Gamestop we're talking about here. If I were you I'd learn which local GS store(s) just don't give a shit(I know of ONE around here)and won't ever charge a refurb fee no matter what the game or system looks like.

If you find one like that in your area, get to know their employees well and hope they never change their attitude.

Funniest thing is, the GS that they don't give a shit at is the field office for their district manager. So you would think he would want his numbers in that store to be super high and everything to be immaculate and perfect.:lol:

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']....why?[/QUOTE]

Already beat it and don't really need another multiplayer game right now. Figure if I can at least get $40 for it then it was worth it. Normally I'd rent in these cases, but there are only two rental places around me left and neither of them had it on Tuesday. I needed something to keep me sane during all this damn snow.

[quote name='hobbie8046']Bioshock 2 (360) - $25

Went ahead and held off; at least going to wait until Amazon posts their TIV. Figure I can screw around in the multiplayer until then. May post for sale in the trading forum if their value is this low.[/QUOTE]

The game just came out Tuesday. It puzzles me why people buy a game if they are just going to trade it in that same week. What a waste.

So if I have 14 games that I want to trade in with this, can I bring them all in at once and ask them to do two separate 7 game transactions? Will they do this, or should I just do 7 I day and then do 7 the next?

[quote name='dgwillia006']Its true for sure, just got announced last night i believe. Though, im hoping unless that wasnt the true design for the Xbox, the price drops by ATLEAST 50 dollars, or i might have to consider passing. (400 bucks seems a bit much especially when the 360 and controllers look like plain ones and it doesnt come with any thing else bonus)[/QUOTE]

It does come with a 250GB hard drive...so in a way, that is a bonus

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']The game just came out Tuesday. It puzzles me why people buy a game if they are just going to trade it in that same week. What a waste.[/QUOTE]

I have to wonder that too. That's why I buy used or wait till a few price drops have taken place usually. Then again, that's also because I have experienced so many bad and glitchy games thus far this gen to justify paying MSRP for most.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Its true for sure, just got announced last night i believe. Though, im hoping unless that wasnt the true design for the Xbox, the price drops by ATLEAST 50 dollars, or i might have to consider passing. (400 bucks seems a bit much especially when the 360 and controllers look like plain ones and it doesnt come with any thing else bonus)[/QUOTE]

Seems odd that they decided to not have there be anything "special" about the console or controllers. Might have gotten a lot of negative feedback about the Call of Duty one. I know a lot of people on here definitely enjoyed taking shots at the console. Still, you'd think they would just make it a different color or something. What's also odd is that the console looks like the model that use to be the "Premium" or "Pro," with the metallic disc drive panel, if that is indeed the final product.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']The game just came out Tuesday. It puzzles me why people buy a game if they are just going to trade it in that same week. What a waste.[/QUOTE]

It is indeed. However, as I explained in my next post, no rental places around me had it and I needed something to keep me entertained while I was snowed in (again).

Sold it on Craigslist for $50 just now, so not much of a waste at all. Not much more than a rental in the end.

In the end, though, what is the bigger waste: buying at release, beating it and recouping $31 from a trade in or buying it a release, beating it, letting it sit on the shelf for a year and recouping $8 from a trade in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back