GS Trade-in Values: Old Thread, Check First/Last Post for new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
THIS THREAD LOCKED, NEW ONE HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6952150

[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

50% Bonus On All Games Traded (3/17/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games and receive an extra 50% trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III (4/4/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III when trade 2 select Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games.

Click Here for details.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III only. Final Fantasy XIII releases 3/11/10, God of War III releases 3/16/10. Release date subject to change. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. Price shown is net after trades. God of War III's and Final Fantasy XIII's regular retail price is $59.99. Net retail will differ for special editions. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No rainchecks.Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 02/22/10 - 04/04/10..[/QUOTE]

Power Trades 25% (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games towards the pre-order or purchase of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell: Conviction: Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption or Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver and receive an extra 25% Trade-in Credit!

Expires: 3/14/2010. Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell Conviction, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption, Pokemon Heart Gold or Pokemon Soul Silver. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

Nintendo DSi XL Promo (Unsure End Date)
[quote name='vze21gwa']Gamestop is having a trade up offer for the Nintendo DSi XL, where you can get one for $99.99 if you trade in your DSi or $129.99 if you trade in your ds lite. Just thought to let you know cause it's not posted.
[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arkansas, California, Florida, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by donut View Post
sigh, hopefully a joke and not another lazy post...
uh, read the first thread...
?

Says 50% trade in bonus for system hardware but does not list a price nor does the tracker...

Also if it asks people not to list bonus trade values i did not see it and of course since this is user entered it can be flawed I know.

Since there didn't seem to be hardware entered i thought i would ask and the other comment was just a general hope in the tracker

ok found hardware in the 4th post so never mind on that and the rest was a general comment.. Thanks

[quote name='jp0213']From first post really close to the top:

At the bottom of first post:

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.[/QUOTE]

didn't see that oh well, and the rest was already answered.

Thanks anyway.

Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise - 6.25

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - 6.00

Boom Blox Bash Party - 8.00

All before promotion.

[quote name='jp0213']From first post really close to the top:

At the bottom of first post:

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.[/QUOTE]

:lol::lol: Keep trying jp. Maybe one of these days all the lazy asses will actually READ the first couple of posts before posting. I go through the same shit with the reduced price guide thread. People ask what dropped, when the list is updated in the second post.

It's the same in every thread unfortunately.

For those thinking of doing the 'trade 2, get God Of War 3/FFXIII for $20' deal, hawaiiboy in the Blockbuster/Gamerush thread just let us know that Star Wars Clone Wars: Republic Heroes is dropping for all three systems(PS3/360/Wii) this Monday(3/1) to $9.99.

If you have a lenient GS that allows you to trade in the same game for multiple systems, you can use this price drop to get GOW3/FFXIII for $40(plus tax). Of course, if the TIV's hold up, it's better if you trade in the two games seperately, as they get $24 each after promo and EDGE bump.

It's currently on the list for the 'trade 2' dealie: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/specialty/tradeins/ff13/

Wow Gamestop is awful. This deal is not worth it for new games. They are only giving $25 dollars for Heavy Rain with the 50% you get $37.50.

Amazon is giving $40.50 for the game, They obviously just lower their trade in values to make that deal look good. Obviously it wouldn't make sense to give more than what they can sell it for, but $25 is laughable.

JP - Gamestop called me last night and said if I traded in my DS Lite towards the purchase of the DSi XL, they'll give me $75 towards my reservation. Not too bad.

[quote name='zerocool397']Wow Gamestop is awful. This deal is not worth it for new games. They are only giving $25 dollars for Heavy Rain with the 50% you get $37.50.

Amazon is giving $40.50 for the game, They obviously just lower their trade in values to make that deal look good. Obviously it wouldn't make sense to give more than what they can sell it for, but $25 is laughable.[/QUOTE]

wrong again troll
$25 base plus $12.50 plus $2.50 = $40
$.50 less than Amazon's trade partner
anyone participating in this promotion is not trading the game for $25
and 3 different sellers have posted HR for $40 cash firm on craigslist locally since Wed. (NOT ONE has sold at that price)
So if you are really done with HR or did not enjoy it...GS trade in is a viable option.

[quote name='zerocool397']Wow Gamestop is awful. This deal is not worth it for new games. They are only giving $25 dollars for Heavy Rain with the 50% you get $37.50.

Amazon is giving $40.50 for the game, They obviously just lower their trade in values to make that deal look good. Obviously it wouldn't make sense to give more than what they can sell it for, but $25 is laughable.[/QUOTE]
uh don't do it then?

[quote name='donut']^^x20^^

Bought used Heavy Rain for $35.xx and should I choose to trade it back in, $40....it's all how you buy ....
Taking one part of the equation and assuming someone contributing and posting TIVs is a moron ... well, calling someone a moron without the facts is moronic....
[/QUOTE]

How did you get Heavy Rain for $35? I want in on that deal.

heres my first contribution to the list
ds games
resident evil 3.50
castlecania PoR 3.50
Final fantasy 3 3.00
Big Brain Acedemy 2.25
phoniex wright TaT 5.00

Xbox 360 games
mass effect 10.75
Simpson game 7
50 cent blood and sand 6.25
Lego Rock band 10.50
Blitz the league 2.25
Dynasty warriors 5 empires 1.75
Saints rows 2 5.00
Left 4 dead 6.25
Condemned 2 3.00

wii
super mario galaxy 15.00

total with bonus was 135.98......not bad for my junk

[quote name='leopaw']According to Slickdeals, Amazon is now matching the trade-in values on many games!

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1881139[/QUOTE]

While that's awesome, I recall when Amazon was doing promos, that they damaged some people's cases and discs and sent them back. They also don't accept more than 2 copies any more. And they have to be complete. GS (I'm sad to say) still has a slight upper hand.

[quote name='CurlyChubs']Anyone know how much I'd get if I traded in the whole Rock Band game, instruments and all?[/QUOTE]
Read Ze OP!:bouncy:

[quote name='CurlyChubs']Anyone know how much I'd get if I traded in the whole Rock Band game, instruments and all?[/QUOTE]

i think someone here said they dont take instruments anymore. and the prices are on the first page

If I trade in Left 4 Dead 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 towards God of War 3 what do I get? Will it just take 40$ off of God of War III or will I also get trade in money? If not, would it be a better deal to just trade in Left 4 Dead 2 and MUA 2 and get credit and then just buy God War III?

[quote name='redJoystick']If I trade in Left 4 Dead 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 towards God of War 3 what do I get? Will it just take 40$ off of God of War III or will I also get trade in money? If not, would it be a better deal to just trade in Left 4 Dead 2 and MUA 2 and get credit and then just buy God War III?[/QUOTE]

Considering L4D2 is getting $40 something after trade-in bonus and MUA 2 gets $22.50 with the 50% bump, I'd say you're better off trading them in normally.

If you have the EDGE card too, then add in another 10% of the original TIV for each of those games after the 50% bump.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Considering L4D2 is getting $40 something after trade-in bonus, I'd say to check the second post for the TIV for MUA2, see what that gets after 50% TIV bump with promo and go from there.

If you have the EDGE card too, then add in another 10% of the original TIV for each of those games after the 50% bump.[/QUOTE]

L4D2 is 29.75 on that list (The list is before the 50% correct?) and MUA2 is 15$ on the list. So if those are before the 60% from edge & the deal, it would be ~ $71.60. That would be the better deal if it also didn't go towards GOW3 (which I assume it doesn't).

jp - they need to make you a mod so you can delete posts from morons.

jimi- thanks for the Sherlock Holmes tiv. The game is currently 7.48 at Target (YMMV) and you can beat it in a day. I think I'll go trade it in now.

[quote name='confoosious']jp - they need to make you a mod so you can delete posts from morons.[/QUOTE]
I would settle to just have mod powers on this thread every once in a while.

[quote name='jp0213']I would settle to just have mod powers on this thread every once in a while.[/QUOTE]

I believe this is a vbulletin board so they would have to grant you mod powers to an entire forum, which obviously you don't merit. :)

But can't you work out a deal with the mods (especially since you do so much work here) that says anyone posting

- OMGZ you guys are so dumb, GS sucks. SO much more on ebay! I Rulez!
- I'd have totally paid you more for that

gets a timeout?

Seems those two types of posts always start a shitstorm. (Unfortunately I sometimes can't resist the trolls.)

I just really overlook the posts for the most part. It's a forum, it's going to happen. 3-4 page long arguments off topic is irritating but eh. I only get really punchy about it when I'm tired.

[quote name='redJoystick']L4D2 is 29.75 on that list (The list is before the 50% correct?) and MUA2 is 15$ on the list. So if those are before the 60% from edge & the deal, it would be ~ $71.60. That would be the better deal if it also didn't go towards GOW3 (which I assume it doesn't).[/QUOTE]

The 50% promo is just another promo(they typically have 2-3 of them running at a time)to get more credit for games and you don't really have to pre-order anything and put all of the credit towards that game to get the bonus no matter what they try and tell you at Gamestop.

But if you did the 'trade 2 towards GOW3' one, then you have to put the full $40(plus EDGE 10%) towards the game. The EDGE bump still applies in that promo, which would add $2 per game(not as good on L4D2, but better than the bump for MUA2). You're making out better if you trade in the 2 games towards the 50% promo, since you don't end up owing anything on GOW3 with that one.

How can people still be asking this?

Let's see you can get an extra 50% towards any future purchase or you can have an extra 25% towards the purchase of one game. Obviously the 50% promo is much better, actually 2x better than the 25%. I know it seems hard to believe but it's clear what promo is best.

It doesn't matter. There's no reason thinking about or explaining which promo is better, because in the end GS's computer will do the work for you. The customer really has no say in the matter, they will always receive the best promotion available.

[quote name='dino88']It doesn't matter. There's no reason thinking about or explaining which promo is better, because in the end GS's computer will do the work for you. The customer really has no say in the matter, they will always receive the best promotion available.[/QUOTE]

Those thieving bastards! What if I want to get the worse deal? Motherfuckers. I fucking hate gamestop! :bomb:

[quote name='confoosious']Those thieving bastards! What if I want to get the worse deal? Motherfuckers. I fucking hate gamestop! :bomb:[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, you're going to have to go to CL or Ebay and sell it below GS's TIV if you want a worse deal. If you factor in costs for shipping, paypal, etc. you can come out of it getting royally screwed. Good Luck!

Guys if you want to get an extra 10 bucks toward a game, if you have a gamecrazy around, just grab one of those mvpplus promo their having there's a coupon inside it 30% off any used game and just use it to purchase mass effect 2 or l4d2. I already bought two me2 for 35 bucks (store credit) and trade it to gamestop. That is if your not lazy.

According to the guys I just talked to at Gamestop, they said they probably won't be running a buy 2, get 1 sale until the beginning of summer. Maybe they haven't gotten the e-mail othere members have said various employees have gotten or they could have just been lying. Just thought I would pass that along.

[quote name='elessar123']While that's awesome, I recall when Amazon was doing promos, that they damaged some people's cases and discs and sent them back. They also don't accept more than 2 copies any more. And they have to be complete. GS (I'm sad to say) still has a slight upper hand.[/QUOTE]

FYI, Amazon will accept up to 3 copies of the same game. I've traded in a couple dozen games and they never damaged any of mine, however they are extremely picky about being complete with original artwork.

Is Game Stop hyper aggressively changing their TIVs? I was quoted $23 on 2/24, the list says $18 on 2/26, and I was just talking to somebody on another site who says he was just quoted $25 today.

I know this is probably the wrong topic to ask this but I can't find the answer.

Is there a guide for trading in to Amazon? Like...I don't see how shipping is free if you have to buy envelope/box or how to get the shipping label onto the package. If someone could point me to the right direction I'd appreciate it.

And on-topic: Is there a reason some people claim to be getting $10 for Mario Kart DS and others $20?

by 'prince of persia' on the list, does that mean rival swords?

i have like 10 psp games from lidderally 3-4 years ago, it's nice how most of them retained alot of value

and are the prices listed before or after the 50% addition?

I did a bunch of trades a bit ago, here's the values:

Listed pre-bonus(promo+EDGE):

:ps3:God Of War Collection:$8.00($12.80)
:ps3:Sacred 2: Fallen Angel:$7.50($12.00)
:ds:Sudoku Ball Detective:$1.00($1.60)
:ps3:Chronicles Of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay:$4.00($6.40)
:ps3:Darksiders:$22.50($36.00)
:ps3:Saint's Row 2:$5.00($8.00)
:ps2:Shadow Of The Colossus:$6.50($10.40)
:wii:Pikmin:$6.25($9.99)

All totalled I got $97.19 after promo and bonus 10% from EDGE. Not bad considering I wasn't playing the bulk of them.

I hope Midnight Club LA [PS3] is still $7.50. I'm hoping to sell Arkham Asylum for $35 today (which is what I paid for it btw) and then plan to trade in MC:LA and get Demon's Souls.

[quote name='elessar123']While that's awesome, I recall when Amazon was doing promos, that they damaged some people's cases and discs and sent them back.[/QUOTE]

That's my biggest issue with them. You have to remember that Amazon is merely a middle man. The trades are processed by NorAm, and there were a lot of stories about people getting screwed out of promos, because their games were allegedly damaged, when they swear they weren't when they sent them out. Also, for all the people that hate GS, because they make big profits off of used games, NorAm was turning around and selling a lot of their used games as new.

[quote name='jp0213']I just really overlook the posts for the most part. It's a forum, it's going to happen. 3-4 page long arguments off topic is irritating but eh. I only get really punchy about it when I'm tired.[/QUOTE]

You're right. It's going to happen. It just gets annoying when no one on CAG says anything for weeks, and then we suddenly have four or five morons in one night. It becomes pretty obvious that most of them are just trolling, and I know I unfortunately fall for it.

Here's what I did today (Base TIV's, changes in bold)

Rhythm Heaven DS - $13.25
Kirby Superstar Ultra DS - $15
Left 4 Dead 2 XB360 - $29.75

Splinter Cell Double Agent GC - $1.25 (up from $1)
Tiger Woods PGA 06 XB360 - $0.60 (down from $1)
Conflict: Desert Storm GC - $1.25 (down from $3.75)
Resident Evil 4 GC - $4 (new to database)
Everblue 2 PS2 - $0.75 (new to database)
Rock Band Classic Rock Track Pack XB360 - $3.25 (down from $5.50)

I was psyched that the DS games and L4D2 held and for the solid amount on RE4.
Total after EDGE: $110.54

Just traded in

hotel dusk DS = 3.00
final fantasy tactics DS = 7.25
battlefield bad company PS3 = 5.75
Dead rising 360 = 5.00
Frontlines 360 = 2.50
elder scrolls IV = 5.75
Mercenaries 2 PS3 = 3.50
DS Lite system = 45.00

Added them to the list as well.

Thank you all for all your contributions.

If any gamestop employees want to add a price for Rhapsody for the DS that would be swell. Thanks.

[quote name='CaoPi']heavy rain gets $25 I lol'd when they quoted me on it, pass![/QUOTE]

That's the base price. With the promo and Edge you'd get $40 even.

Yeah I meant to do a blog post about Amazon's trade-in program but never got around to it.

Back when they had the trade X get a 50% off coupon towards a game, they rejected one of my games (NBA 2K9) saying it was scratched up. That caused me not to get the promo and I couldn't cancel the trade so they took all my other games and sent back the rejected one. I keep all of my games in mint condition (and treat used ones I get as best I can.)

When I got the game back I was furious because everything looked fine. When I ended up trading it into Gamestop, we finally found what they saw, a super tiny scratch on the spindle of the disc on the label side. It was not visable to the human eye except if you put the disc right in your face and in no way did it make the game unplayable. 90% of people wouldn't have seen this tiny scratch and I know most of the games traded in at other places are in worse shape than that.

So basically I've sworn off trading on Amazon (need to setup a Marketplace account given how bad EBay is now and is getting ready to be worse) and these two recent Gamestop promos (trade 7 get $50 and 50% bump) have been fantastic for me.

[quote name='MSUHitman']That's the base price. With the promo and Edge you'd get $40 even.[/QUOTE]

It's still pretty ridiculous. The game JUST came out, and its only 25? what happen to the days when BASE TIV was 30-35 for games that just came out? Oh wait....... they have these amazing "TRADE IN" deals .. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back