GS Trade-in Values: Old Thread, Check First/Last Post for new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
THIS THREAD LOCKED, NEW ONE HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6952150

[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

50% Bonus On All Games Traded (3/17/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games and receive an extra 50% trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III (4/4/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III when trade 2 select Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games.

Click Here for details.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III only. Final Fantasy XIII releases 3/11/10, God of War III releases 3/16/10. Release date subject to change. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. Price shown is net after trades. God of War III's and Final Fantasy XIII's regular retail price is $59.99. Net retail will differ for special editions. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No rainchecks.Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 02/22/10 - 04/04/10..[/QUOTE]

Power Trades 25% (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games towards the pre-order or purchase of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell: Conviction: Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption or Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver and receive an extra 25% Trade-in Credit!

Expires: 3/14/2010. Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell Conviction, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption, Pokemon Heart Gold or Pokemon Soul Silver. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

Nintendo DSi XL Promo (Unsure End Date)
[quote name='vze21gwa']Gamestop is having a trade up offer for the Nintendo DSi XL, where you can get one for $99.99 if you trade in your DSi or $129.99 if you trade in your ds lite. Just thought to let you know cause it's not posted.
[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arkansas, California, Florida, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from trading these: All Base TiV

$25.00 Heavy Rain (PS3)
$19.50 Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (PS3)
$15.00 Demons Souls (PS3)
$18.00 Bayonetta (360)
$18.25 NHL '10 (360)
$9.25 Blazblue (360)

$167.98 After promo and edge.

[quote name='Kelegacy']Man, some of you guys need to look into Gamefly. Trading in so many brand new games for so little is crazy![/QUOTE]

i mainly only trade to GS during promos like this, and the convenience factor. Sometimes, they give MORE.

[quote name='Kelegacy']Man, some of you guys need to look into Gamefly. Trading in so many brand new games for so little is crazy![/QUOTE]

Well we are talking about CAG's here, I'd hope most of them bought at less than MSRP.

Trades from today (accessores with 25% bonus coupon and Edge) in the form base/with-bonuses [change from OP]

Ethernet Cable: 0.65/0.87 [no change]
Xbox 360 VGA Cable (3rd party): 3.75/5.07 [no change]
Wii Classic Controller (3rd party): 6.00/8.10 [no change]

Total with bonuses: 14.04

I'll take it for stuff I wasn't using, especially that crappy Nyko Wing wired classic controller equivalent and the crappy monoprice Xbox 360 VGA cable.

Gamefly is great for the summer drought. Other than that, I can't really recommend them especially when it comes to new games. I always end up getting shafted.

Just got back (all Base TIV):

Lego Batman (360): $3.75

360 Accessories:
Wired Headset: $6.25
Wireless Controller: $14.00
Component A/V Cable: $2.75
HD/AV Cable: $3.75
Play & Charge Kit: $6.25
Rechargeable Battery Pack: $3.25
120GB HDD: $35

With the 25% Accessories coupon and EDGE, it was better than I'd have done on ebay and emptied out a box of "scraps."

Oh, (anecdotal) there was a kid in front of me who was buying a copy of Shadow of the Colossus and asking if the guy would call around to the other GS to see if he could find a place that had a used PS2 (b/c he had no way to play the game he was buying). ^_^

[quote name='helmet']Well we are talking about CAG's here, I'd hope most of them bought at less than MSRP.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. The Heavy Rain I traded above cost $4 after trading in Mass Effect 2. Previously ME2 cost ~$15 after trading in Assassin's Creed 2 (which had cost $20 w/2 qualifying game trades). The two qualifying games for that deal cost me $12 while there was a b1g1 free on clearance games at Target. And on and on it goes. Plus no sales tax at GS if you buy things with credit in NY.

And as far as getting value for those games, I've gotten all achievements on both AC2 and ME2.

edit: Blazblue and NHL were part of a B2g1 used sale at GS; NGS2 and Demons Souls were part of B2G1 at Best Buy.

I could see wanting to play Bayonetta or Demons Souls again, but by that time I'm sure I'll be able to rent or get a used copy for close to the amount I got for the trades.

...And supporting developers you like by buying their games new makes you feel good.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']they'll accept any 360, especially if it works, and give you the same amount for the system as they would for an elite[/QUOTE]

cool, thanks man! it's been kinda skipping here and there....but I need a new 360 so I can start using the HDMI on my new 23" hd monitor.

Traded in tonight, before bonuses:

FNR4 - $8
RE5 - $5
X-Men Origins Wolverine - $7.25
Street Fighter 4 - $3.25
Mass Effect - $10.50
NCAA Football 2010 - $16.75
FIFA Soccer 10 - $21.50
COD MW2 - $22
Lego Batman - $3,75
Saints Row - $2.50
50 Cent Blood on the Sand - $7
Assassin's Creed - $5

PS3
Saints Row 2 - $5
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - $9

Went to gamestop and they must have dropped prices on Bioshock 2 and KH 358 days since last I had checked. I was offered $35 for Bioshock 2 and $22 for KH 358

[quote name='kurrptsenate']if you put it towards a new arcade, you'll get 120 for the trade in. keep your hard drive[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of that, but I really want the bigger hard drive since my old 360 has only 20 gigs (after all the DLC and system updates, I can only save one game on the HD at a time). Good looking out, though.

I dunno if this is the right place to ask, but what kind of info do I need if I want to transfer data from my old HD to the new one? I know you need serial codes (like the ones on the hard drive), but do you also need stuff like this system serial number (which would be found in the xbox dashboard)?

Thing is most Gamefly subscribers aren't able to get the newest titles anyway. That's the way it was when I quit subscribing in the fall of 06 and it looks like things haven't changed from what I've read here on CAG.

[quote name='bitzer']Just got back (all Base TIV):

Lego Batman (360): $3.75

360 Accessories:
Wired Headset: $6.25
Wireless Controller: $14.00
Component A/V Cable: $2.75
HD/AV Cable: $3.75
Play & Charge Kit: $6.25
Rechargeable Battery Pack: $3.25
120GB HDD: $35

With the 25% Accessories coupon and EDGE, it was better than I'd have done on ebay and emptied out a box of "scraps."

Oh, (anecdotal) there was a kid in front of me who was buying a copy of Shadow of the Colossus and asking if the guy would call around to the other GS to see if he could find a place that had a used PS2 (b/c he had no way to play the game he was buying). ^_^[/QUOTE]

All looks good, except for that 120GB HDD. I find it hard to believe you couldn't unload that for a higher value.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Thing is most Gamefly subscribers aren't able to get the newest titles anyway. That's the way it was when I quit subscribing in the fall of 06 and it looks like things haven't changed from what I've read here on CAG.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I am very impatient when it comes to playing new games. I save money when I can but if there's something I really want and no deals, I will pay MSRP without a second thought. I rarely trade things in unless I can get back near what I paid or more.

Anyway, just got back from Gamestop...

:ps3: Little Big Planet GOTY $22 base (down from $24) $35.20 after Edge+Bonus...almost what I paid for it.

:360: Skate $5 base (holding from the last update) $8 after Edge+Bonus. Made a couple bucks on this one since I got it from the Hollywood $5 sale. :D

traded MW2 and Beatles RB tonight for a little over $48 after all promos. Got BF:BC2...hopefully i won't regret this decision. But from what both employees at both GS's stores said, I won't :D

i actually saw a used 250 GB HDD in my store today. They were selling it for 149.99, which actually isn't bad considering they want 99.99 for the 60 GB

Just got back, and awesomely enough the clerk was really nice!

:360:

Games:
Battlefield Bad Company 2: $25
Modern Warfare 2: $22
Soul Calibur 4: $5
Battle Fantasia: $3
Forza 2: $2
Guilty Gear 2: Overture: $3
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground: $3
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII: $3
GUN: $3.25
Street Fighter 4: $3.25
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare: $5.25
Rock Band (Game Only): $2

Accessories:
Wireless Controller: $14
Messenger Pad: $6
Standard A/V Cables: $2.75
Wired Microphone (really a headset): $3.50

:psp:

Movies:
Family Guy: Freakin' Sweet: $.50
Transporter: $1
Lords of Dogtown: $0.15

Games:
NBA 08: $2.50
MLB 06: The Show: $1.25
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007: $3
Fight Night Round 3: $2.75
Medal of Honor Heroes: $4
SOCOM US Navy Seals Tactical Strike: $4.50

I traded in a wired headset but it shows up as a wired microphone, guess I got the shaft there but no big deal.

Looks like now is a good time to trade in Darksider. Just hope GS doesn't randomly change it tomorrow. GS is treating this damn Trade in promotion like a damn Stock Market.

[quote name='Dintrao']Just got back, and awesomely enough the clerk was really nice!

:360:

Games:
Battlefield Bad Company 2: $25
Modern Warfare 2: $22
Soul Calibur 4: $5
Battle Fantasia: $3
Forza 2: $2
Guilty Gear 2: Overture: $3
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground: $3
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII: $3
GUN: $3.25
Street Fighter 4: $3.25
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare: $5.25
Rock Band (Game Only): $2

Accessories:
Wireless Controller: $14
Messenger Pad: $6
Standard A/V Cables: $2.75
Wired Microphone (really a headset): $3.50

:psp:

Movies:
Family Guy: Freakin' Sweet: $.50
Transporter: $1
Lords of Dogtown: $0.15

Games:
NBA 08: $2.50
MLB 06: The Show: $1.25
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007: $3
Fight Night Round 3: $2.75
Medal of Honor Heroes: $4
SOCOM US Navy Seals Tactical Strike: $4.50

I traded in a wired headset but it shows up as a wired microphone, guess I got the shaft there but no big deal.[/QUOTE]

i understand the need to rake up store credit...and i'm not sure whether you used the 25% bonus on acces. or the extra 50% for games..but i would have easily given you $30 for BF:BC2, and $10 for that chat pad.

[quote name='diddy310']You usually don't get a choice in the matter on the 50 percent, so i'm pretty sure he got 40 for it.[/QUOTE]

Correct, and I used all the coupons as well. Came out with $76.40 in credit after purchasing an edge card along with FF13 and the Limited Edition Guide.

:applause:

[quote name='jcp42877']i would have easily given you $30 for BF:BC2,[/QUOTE]

$25 was the base trade. Extra $15 for 60% bump and he got $40. So I think he made the right deal

[quote name='KongaKing']$25 was the base trade. Extra $15 for 60% bump and he got $40. So I think he made the right deal[/QUOTE]
lol, ya think?

Some people make me laugh. I would've gave $40 shipped for real though, I don't know who wouldn't give $25!

Got $15 for Scribblenauts. Since a sequel is coming out later this year, I didn't need it anymore. I put that money towards Alan Wake Collectors Edition :D

its a convenience thing, and he would have to pay for shipping then, making his cost about 3-6 bucks, which eats into the $40, thus making the game stop deal even better.

not to mention the amount of time spent driving to the post office, as well as packing the damn thing to send. You could argue cash vs. credit, but if he knows he'll be back, it might as well be cash in that instance. plus the whole convenience thing always sweetens the deal. most live about 10 minutes from a Game Stop and there is zero wait required.

Question for my fellow CAGS. If i went to gamestop tomorrow and i trade both Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros Brawl. Would i get more money by the 50 % more promo, or by the trade 2 games get GoW III or FFXIII for $20 promo? I have no Edge card.

[quote name='marineal']Question for my fellow CAGS. If i went to gamestop tomorrow and i trade both Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros Brawl. Would i get more money by the 50 % more promo, or by the trade 2 games get GoW III or FFXIII for $20 promo? I have no Edge card.[/QUOTE]

They trade in for $15 each (from the latest dates).

Do some math, I'll set the problem up.

( $15 x 1.5 ) x 2 = ?
$20 + $20 = ?

Which is more?

Consider this portion the Teachers Version of this math lesson.
($15 x 1.5) x 2 = 45
$20 + $20 = $40

From those, it looks like the 50% is better for you, unless they dropped in TIV.

I find it funny people being critical of a trade in like BF BC 2 when I tried selling an extra sealed copy for 42 shipped and didn't even get a PM. So I traded it in to GS and still profitted(TRU glitch)

[quote name='killer9']you get 45 with 50% for both
you get 40 with trade 2 for gow 3

5 dollaar difference[/QUOTE]

Come on! It took forever for me to format that post! Come on!

Lol. All good though. At least he'll know. :)

[quote name='marineal']Question for my fellow CAGS. If i went to gamestop tomorrow and i trade both Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros Brawl. Would i get more money by the 50 % more promo, or by the trade 2 games get GoW III or FFXIII for $20 promo? I have no Edge card.[/QUOTE]
I think they automatically give you the better deal. They're not gonna ask you which promo you want. The system does that for you.

I have a question about trading in the Rechargeable battery packs for 360. My battery packs hardly charge anymore and when I put them on the quick charge it will only show a green light as if it's fully charged.

Does Gamestop still take these batteries?

Thanks

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']I have a question about trading in the Rechargeable battery packs for 360. My battery packs hardly charge anymore and when I put them on the quick charge it will only show a green light as if it's fully charged.

Does Gamestop still take these batteries?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

They'll take it, no questions asked and no testing beforehand.

Any word on ODST being that new base? I find it a bit hard to believe considering the new 360 bundle that came out today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back