GS Trade-in Values: Old thread, check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
OLD THREAD GO HERE FOR NEW ONE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7202557

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

30% Trade Bonus (Ends 5/16/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra 30% trade bonus on any 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP games traded.

Expires: 5/16/2010. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

$25 Hardware Bonus (Ends 5/16/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a $25 trade bonus on any DS or PSP traded toward the purchase of any new system.

Expires: 5/16/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Super Mario Galxy 2, UFC 2010 or Red Dead Redemption (Ends 5/16/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Super Mario Galaxy 2, UFC 2010 or Red Dead Redemption when trading 2 select 360, PS3 or Wii games.

Click Here for details.

Image of Eligible Game List
Back.jpg

Offer valid toward a new copy of Super Mario Galaxy 2, UFC 2010 or Red Dead Redemption only. Red Dead Redemption releases 5/18, Super Mario Galaxy 2 releases 5/23, UFC 2010 releases 5/25. Release dates subject to change. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. $40 savings is net after trades. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No rainchecks.Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 04/26/10 - 5/16/10.[/QUOTE]

Upcoming Promos:
[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']run until 6/6/10

same 30% extended
30% on ANY games toward split second
$25 hardware bonus trade in-do not have to purchase new system to get extra $25, works on ps3/360/wii/all ds systems/all psp systems except the go [/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value:
$0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Utah,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet: Connecticut, Idaho, Kentucky, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, Rhode Island, South Dakota, West Virginia

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='seanr1221']I briefly looked but didn't see it answered...

For the 25.00 promotion, does it HAVE to be towards a game? If I wanted to get a DS, could I put it towards that?[/QUOTE]
Yes.

Forgive me if this has been addressed, but I leafed through the past few pages and didn't see anything -- thinking of trading in my old 360 Core refurb for a new Arcade, what's the easiest way to tell what the newer Arcade units are by looking at the box? I'm figuring that most of the older stock has been worked off of GameStop shelves by now, but just wanted to make sure.

[quote name='lunker']Forgive me if this has been addressed, but I leafed through the past few pages and didn't see anything -- thinking of trading in my old 360 Core refurb for a new Arcade, what's the easiest way to tell what the newer Arcade units are by looking at the box? I'm figuring that most of the older stock has been worked off of GameStop shelves by now, but just wanted to make sure.[/QUOTE]

You can see the date on the bottom of the box. But I'm 100% sure you will get a new one (the new chip I suppose? They came out in like december 2008 ). I did this deal 2 weeks ago and my Xbox360 Manufacture Date is 2/27/2010

Base TIVs from yesterday

PS3

Lord of the Rings Conquest $6.00
Need for Speed Carbon $9.00
Need for Speed Undercover $8.00
Final Fantasy XIII $25.00
Heavy Rain $25.00
Skate 2 $6.00
Battlefield Bad Company $5.00
Battlefield Bad Company 2 $25.00
Burnout Paradise $6.00

Need for Speed Undercover $9.00
Left 4 Dead $4.00

DS
Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story $20.00

Wii
New Super Mario Bros Wii $25.00

[quote name='J7.']Now this here is excellent OP'ing. Someone interprets you differently and you kindly explain what you meant and even offer to change it to something more easy to understand without even being asked. I'm very happy to see this.[/QUOTE]
I'd like to think that I'm a fairly accommodating guy when it comes to most of the threads I do, especially this one. I do get snippy when people post before I have the first 4 posts when I roll this thread over to a new one.

[quote name='chronojin']Base TIVs from yesterday

DS
Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story $20.00

Wii
New Super Mario Bros Wii $25.00[/QUOTE]
I really hope these two held. I've got three of each to trade in with the tiered deal today. :p

[quote name='kcohen82']just unloaded an old 360 and ordered the core unit off amazon for $160. I'll take the funny math upgrade to an hdmi unit for $15 bucks and a new warranty any day! :applause:[/QUOTE]
Did you get cash or store credit. If cash how much?

Traded in today, base values with no promotion:
Wii console - $80.00
Wii Zapper - $5.75
Wii House of the Dead Overkill - $5.00
Wii Guitar Hero World Tour - $7.25
Wii Sports - $5.00
Wii Classic Controller - $5.50
Wii Motion Plus - $10.00
Wii Component Cable - $4.25
Wii Sports Active w/Strap & Band - $13.75

Base TIV for 4/19/10:

*360*
Destroy All Humans: Path of the Furon - $11.00

*PS3*
Condemned 2: Bloodshot - $4.25

*Wii*
MLB Power Pros 2008 - $5.50

*PSP*
Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny - $13.50

Guys, how much would I get for trading in a old refurbished Xbox 360 Premium with a wireless controller? $90+$50 extra credit seems rather high, I assume the base trade in value dropped? My first Xbox 360 rroded and I think the warranty on the refurbed one is about to end, so this might be a good chance to upgrade to a new 360 with an hdmi port.

Well it was last reported 2 days ago so I doubt the value dropped any on the console in that short of a timespan. Updated lists and database. Updated how the refurb fees are listed for the consoles too.

Got 14.00 for Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny, and 14 for Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

Also, nice little find (Not sure if it was a bad price, or i just got lucky or if its universal), but i nabbed a copy of Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 for 360 for only 17.99 (The website still shows it as 34.99 used), great game for the price (Or a possible filler to add if your trying to trade in 6 games since it trades back in for 13 dollars)

[quote name='dgwillia006']Got 14.00 for Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny, and 14 for Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

Also, nice little find (Not sure if it was a bad price, or i just got lucky or if its universal), but i nabbed a copy of Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 for 360 for only 17.99 (The website still shows it as 34.99 used), great game for the price (Or a possible filler to add if your trying to trade in 6 games since it trades back in for 13 dollars)[/QUOTE]

I think that might be the used price of the first game, are you sure it wasn't mis-labeled somehow?

I'm sure this has probably been answered a bunch of times... but does anyone know with the "Trade Select game for $25 towards $30+ new game", can you trade in multiple games from that list towards one $30+ game? For example, I'm thinking of maybe trading in Left 4 Dead 2 and Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles to get $50 towards Splinter Cell: Conviction.

But if I can't do that, I'll just trade them in with some other games with the tiered promo. There's really nothing else new over $30 that I want (that I don't already have), unless it works with PC games... which leads me to my next question. Does it work on PC games $29.99+?

[quote name='DemonGamer24']I'm sure this has probably been answered a bunch of times... but does anyone know with the "Trade Select game for $25 towards $30+ new game", can you trade in multiple games from that list towards one $30+ game? For example, I'm thinking of maybe trading in Left 4 Dead 2 and Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles to get $50 towards Splinter Cell: Conviction.[/QUOTE]
That wont work.

[quote name='DemonGamer24']
But if I can't do that, I'll just trade them in with some other games with the tiered promo. There's really nothing else new over $30 that I want (that I don't already have), unless it works with PC games... which leads me to my next question. Does it work on PC games $29.99+?[/QUOTE]
I don't see why it wouldn't, but the majority of CAGs are console gamers so we haven't really had anyone try it as far as I know.

Can confirm the 360/wireless controller system is $90 base. Traded in my practically new Arcade from the Black Friday Amazon sale. Opened up the box Amazon shipped me, opened up the Arcade box, loaded it up to make sure it worked. After all the updates, played Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 for about 10 minutes. The clerk said he's gonna trade his in and buy the one I just traded in. I eventually told him that I got it off Amazon and I've only played it for about 10 minutes. He wanted to know why I was trading it in, and I told him cuz if I wanted, I could get another new one on Amazon for $160. He was surprised that after the trade in, I had over $500 on my Edge. Then I traded in the following games, and he asked if I did a lot of flipping. I said yup, and told him about the BBV B1G1

Updated TIV
Wii
Incredible Hulk $5

Stayed the same TIV
PS3
Enchanted Arms
Golden Axe Beast Rider
Resistance 2

Wii
Guitar Hero World Tour

Traded in my 360 today and 6 games (stupidly forgot that PS2 games don't count towards the 6 for 40% more). I'm definitely content with the $140 I received for the console though.

Not to sound like an idiot but i need to ask this question. My old xbox 360 has E 74 error, would I be able to trade it in toward the $50 extra promotion or would I just get the base value for a refurbished xbox? Thanks!

I just got $140 = $90 + $50 bonus from trading in my old Xbox360 (2006). Going to get the arcade from Amazon. My 360 was acting up so decided to trade it in before RROD strikes. Just an idea but if some people find themselves with an RROD and out of warranty + cant afford a new one. Do the towel trick and trade it in.

Just got back from trading in some games.

Base values:
Left 4 Dead 2 - $12
Dragon Age: Origins - $15
Dragon Age: Origins Awakening - $14
Battlefield Bad Company 2 - $27
Chronicles of Riddick - $4
College Hoops 2K8 - $2.25

Wii
Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles - $12.25
New Super Mario Bros - $25
Wii Sports - $5

Got $175 after 50% extra. Thought about swapping 360 L4D2 for PC L4D2 for $5, but my dad doesn't want me installing mods on our new laptop, and my PC is like 500 years old.

Base TIVs: 4/19

New Super Mario Bros. Wii- $25
Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story- $20

I ordered three of each and a Rogue Warrior online for just over $150 with the 39.25% off. After trading in the three NSMBs and M&Ls, I managed over $200 back. :D I love Gamestop -> Gamestop flips. :p

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention what happened to the Rogue Warrior. 5 days ago I bought a used Rogue Warrior to flip to BBV, and ordered another online with the deal to do the same thing. Since then, my BBVs flipping opportunities have kind of dried out, and I didn't feel like the effort to make a couple bucks was worth it, so I just used the receipt from five days ago to return the Rogue Warrior I got online to get my full credit back. The strange thing is that they couldn't get the computer to put the credit I used to buy the game back on my Edge card, so they just gave me cash instead. XD My response- "it's cool, cash is as good as credit to me."

Traded in my old 360 20gb version for a new Elite on Saturday

I can confirm that gamestop does NOT charge tax if you pay with store credit in the State of New Jersey

Jackie Chandler, they let you trade in 3 copies each at the same time?
I dont think my gamestop allows that, doh, and i don't have extra games to pad with anymore...

[quote name='Velo214']Jackie Chandler, they let you trade in 3 copies each at the same time?
I dont think my gamestop allows that, doh, and i don't have extra games to pad with anymore...[/QUOTE]
Yep! The guys know me pretty well and they know what I do (flip things like crazy- XD). So as long as I have a receipt to show that I didn't steal the games I'm trading in, they don't have a problem with taking multiples of anything. :3 If you haven't asked your GS about it, I'd say it's worth a shot. Worst case scenario they say no.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Base TIVs: 4/19

New Super Mario Bros. Wii- $25
Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story- $20

I ordered three of each and a Rogue Warrior online for just over $150 with the 39.25% off. After trading in the three NSMBs and M&Ls, I managed over $200 back. :D I love Gamestop -> Gamestop flips. :p

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention what happened to the Rogue Warrior. 5 days ago I bought a used Rogue Warrior to flip to BBV, and ordered another online with the deal to do the same thing. Since then, my BBVs flipping opportunities have kind of dried out, and I didn't feel like the effort to make a couple bucks was worth it, so I just used the receipt from five days ago to return the Rogue Warrior I got online to get my full credit back. The strange thing is that they couldn't get the computer to put the credit I used to buy the game back on my Edge card, so they just gave me cash instead. XD My response- "it's cool, cash is as good as credit to me."[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that it appears in-store returns of online purchases made with Edge can't be refunded onto Edge (My guess is because the website doesn't differentiate between Edge and gift cards, but in-store they have to differentiate because of the tax issue). However, they are supposed to put it on a gift card rather than give you cash, so it seems you got really lucky there. Sounds like your GS is SUPER lenient with you on a lot of things.

[quote name='worshipsf']I can confirm that it appears in-store returns of online purchases made with Edge can't be refunded onto Edge (My guess is because the website doesn't differentiate between Edge and gift cards, but in-store they have to differentiate because of the tax issue). However, they are supposed to put it on a gift card rather than give you cash, so it seems you got really lucky there. Sounds like your GS is SUPER lenient with you on a lot of things.[/QUOTE]
While that's probably true for online purchases, I was using an old receipt I got from buying a used Rogue Warrior in store. Put simply, I traded in Rogue Warrior A to BBV, and got Rogue Warrior B in the mail from Gamestop. Then I used the receipt from Rogue Warrior A to return Rogue Warrior B (which I got cheaper) for the amount I paid for Rogue Warrior A.

Unless the UPCs they send from the website are different from the ones in store, I don't see why it would have been a problem to refund my credit on to my Edge card. Then again, I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth- I was actually needing some cash. XP

Can anyone confirm that the $50 bonus for hardware is running through the 25th? I know its in this weeks ad but thats only good through thursday so I just want to double check.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']While that's probably true for online purchases, I was using an old receipt I got from buying a used Rogue Warrior in store. Put simply, I traded in Rogue Warrior A to BBV, and got Rogue Warrior B in the mail from Gamestop. Then I used the receipt from Rogue Warrior A to return Rogue Warrior B (which I got cheaper) for the amount I paid for Rogue Warrior A.

Unless the UPCs they send from the website are different from the ones in store, I don't see why it would have been a problem to refund my credit on to my Edge card. Then again, I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth- I was actually needing some cash. XP[/QUOTE]

Ah, I misunderstood you then. That does seem odd, though of course cash is better than credit most days so it worked out.

How much cash can I get for 360 (controller,AV Cable, Power-supply) trade in. So I can use the money for Amazon Arcade deal. Anyone know how much?

[quote name='spiderdog']How much cash can I get for 360 (controller,AV Cable, Power-supply) trade in. So I can use the money for Amazon Arcade deal. Anyone know how much?[/QUOTE]
You wont get the $50 bonus and cash value is 20% off the base value so in this case, if it's a wireless controller, you would $72 cash. Updated lists and database.

Base TIVs from today *looks at receipt*

Wii - Metroid Prime Trilogy - 18.75
Wii - Pikmin - 6.25
360 - RB: Beatles - 9.00
360 - Tales of Vesperia - 18.00
PSP - Dissidia Final Fantasy - 8.00
PS3 - Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of D. - 7.00

There you go, GS. Take back the crappy condition copy of Trilogy your crappy website sent me and my crappy self didn't return within 30 days.

[quote name='jp0213']You wont get the $50 bonus and cash value is 20% off the base value so in this case, if it's a wireless controller, you would $72 cash. Updated lists and database.[/QUOTE]

Question pertaining to the console trade-in bonus...

I traded in my 360 yesterday, I didn't have a component cable but offered to buy one along with the transaction. Somehow the employee lost that thought in the transaction, and didn't ring one up along with everything. Should I be worried that they'll deduct a balance from the card, or blacklist my name at the store?

[quote name='thehoweller']Question pertaining to the console trade-in bonus...

I traded in my 360 yesterday, I didn't have a component cable but offered to buy one along with the transaction. Somehow the employee lost that thought in the transaction, and didn't ring one up along with everything. Should I be worried that they'll deduct a balance from the card, or blacklist my name at the store?[/QUOTE]

No, what will happen is that they might come across the cable missing and assume it got lost.

What if I have an A/V Cable instead of the companent cable? It's Microsoft brand name but it didn't come with the system.

I do have a component but it's one of those off brands and it fits the Wii/PS3/360 deals.

[quote name='Algertman']What if I have an A/V Cable instead of the companent cable? It's Microsoft brand name but it didn't come with the system.

I do have a component but it's one of those off brands and it fits the Wii/PS3/360 deals.[/QUOTE]
A/V cable as in the standard Red/Yellow/White? If that's the case you are fine.

[quote name='jp0213']A/V cable as in the standard Red/Yellow/White? If that's the case you are fine.[/QUOTE]

Thank You Time Traveller!

[quote name='Algertman']Thank You![/QUOTE]
I'm so awesome, I anticipated your exact wording of your question and answered it a minute before you asked. SWEET!

EDIT: And apparently anticipated your thank you.

Question:

I have 4 NSMB Wii copies coming in from GS.com. I've decided I'd rather have GS Credit than the paypal I was going to get from Gazelle.

Will they let me trade in all 4 copies at a GameStop if I have the packing slip/receipt?

Note: Not return, -trade in-. 'cause the TIV will end up being higher than what I paid.

[quote name='RedGamer']Question:

I have 4 NSMB Wii copies coming in from GS.com. I've decided I'd rather have GS Credit than the paypal I was going to get from Gazelle.

Will they let me trade in all 4 copies at a GameStop if I have the packing slip/receipt?

Note: Not return, -trade in-. 'cause the TIV will end up being higher than what I paid.[/QUOTE]
My Gamestop let me, but it seems like it's YMMV. If I were you, I'd ask them over the phone or before you let them see what you're trading in why they can't take multiple copies of games. They'll most likely say that it's a Loss Prevention policy so they won't be buying back stolen goods. Then ask if since it's a Loss Prevention policy, if they'll take multiples if you have receipts to show you didn't take them. And if they say yes, break out the NSMBs and watch their eyes pop out of their sockets. :p

Yeah, but it's one thing to show the receipt from Best Buy or Target or whatever and quite another to show them that you are flipping from their own web site. I wouldn't do it, but it seems others get away with that sort of thing ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back