GTA IV Lost and the Damned DLC - Are you buying it? - POLL

blah.. it should of gone up today.. alot of ppl are home today cuz its a holiday and would of made for great gaming.. now gotta wait till late tomm after work :(

[quote name='Rocko']...

You guys might want to read my post again.[/QUOTE]

Haha wow, my mind automatically put in "it's" where the "is" is. Sorry bro.

This thread could really use this graph:

asadgraph1.gif

[quote name='help1']This thread could really use this graph:

asadgraph1.gif
[/QUOTE]

NOOOO!!!! not those again!! I just finished my ECON class and those graphs drove me nuts

[quote name='KingBroly']Your graphs are wrong! THEY NEED CURVES, DAMNIT![/quote]

Best I could find on short notice.

So did they ever say anything about the things that are included in this content? I haven't been paying attention, but i know it adds a whole new story about a biker gang, but any extra places? also, i know motorcycles control better.

[quote name='help1']IGN Video Review (No Number Score yet):

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/...le-expansion-pack/videos/_gta_dlc_Review.html

[/quote]

The IGN review kind of spoiled a little something, but not totally. Just a word of advice if you dont want anything spoiled.

[quote name='orbit18']So did they ever say anything about the things that are included in this content? I haven't been paying attention, but i know it adds a whole new story about a biker gang, but any extra places? also, i know motorcycles control better.[/quote]

It adds a lot. I heard you can go into new buildings, new bikes, music added, new interwebs sites, tv shows. I just watched that IGN video and they showed air hockey tables, cards, arm wrestling matches, street gang fights, among other stuff. I dont care what IGN says, i think Johnny looks like a cool character and this seems to fix what GTA IV lacked in the fun department. Now you get a couple new weapons, bikes are fun to ride, and you can do stunts with them easier without falling off. Lets just hope the next DLC adds a tank, jet with rockets, and a jet pack. LOL

I also read about new MP modes....not sure if you have to buy the DLC to get these or not. But the races change to a biker race, with weapons...for more of a Road Rash style race. :) Here is a little more info on MP modes

And dont forget to Lost and Damned up your avatar!
Microsoft has added a touch of leather to the Avatar closet, delivering biker themed clothing to celebrate the release of Grand Theft Auto IV's The Lost & Damned downloadable content.

As has been the norm, all clothing is free and denoted by a yellow star in the Avatar customization application. Sadly, there is no miniature Avatar motorcycle to go with the new biker duds.

• Guys: Rocker Jacket, Pixie Boots, Grunge Pants, Metal Combats, Top Hat, Skull Ring, Leather Biker Gloves, Left Feather Earring, Right Feather Earring
  • Gals: Punk Tee, Black 60's Boots, Leopard Print Leggings, Biker Jacket, Biker Gloves, Skull Wrist Band, Left Feather Earring, Right Feather Earring

Got the points ready to go, I'm downloading early in the am before work, and then I'll be all set when I come home to zone out on the couch for a good couple of hours.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Thought XBLM was always updated at 5am ET.[/QUOTE]

yeah, its usually about 4AM Central for the items to start appearing on the service....or thats when the arcade games start showing up (I'm generally on waiting for the shit to pop up so I can download them)

[quote name='KingBroly']http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/16/gta-iv-the-lost-and-damned-dlc-unboxing-video/#continued

Unboxing video there. 2gb. Over 1.5gb confirmed. I called it![/quote]

That's just stupid! I mean if you buy the box version it should be on a DVD. The whole point about digital distribution is that you don't have to go to the store but if you did, in case of this, I would want my content in the box. Plus why add a map, I mean we all have the map from GTAIV?! I guess they needed something to put on the back of that poster lol.;)

I am torn about this DLC. I have the points sitting and ready to go and nothing else I am really saving them for...but still not sure. IGN's knocks against the story might be part of that. I will likely wait until I see what other CAGs, etc say about the experience.

And not to thread jack, but I thought this shirt was funny and kind of relevant again...

[quote name='xDARKx Knight']Look here my friend.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, didn't see it. But still! Male nudity! Talk about unexpected, hahaha.

Guess if it was anybody, it should be Rockstar.

I have downloaded it, started it at 8:55 and was done by 10:10. :lol: Anyways, played it a little while and it seems pretty cool. I can definitely tell this is going to be a bit more graphic because of just the things I saw in the opening cinema. There is this new gang feature that "seems" cool, but I need to try it a bit longer to see if it is cool or just annoying. Apparently my members can die after I had trained them which sounds shitty.

[quote name='help1']Anyone download it yet?[/quote]

I downloaded it when i conveniently woke up around 6 am, started the download and went back to sleep. Ill probably check it out in the next few hours.

been playing for about an hour and a half. I just saw the virtual penis.....

Controlling the bikes is WAY better albeit a little less realistic. The guys asses are GLUED to the seat. All in all I love the way that you dont fall when you just bump into something. The missions are good so far although I'm not a fan of Johnny's voice it just doesnt fit him. Billy is awesome though.

Hands down the winner of the show is the new weapons, they're fucking awesome. The new grenade launcher is awesome. I really wish they would let you use them in GTA IV

[quote name='Techsticles']2gb... ouch.

Do you have to beat GTA 4 in order to play this dlc?[/QUOTE]

no you dont, and thats a good thing cause i beat on the PS3 and I am using a 360 version i got on clearance to play this

Well I was going to wait but since mine was backordered from Amazon and basically I'll be just waiting for a slip I figured screw that. I'm downloading now and I've been done with the game for a month or so just trying to grab other achievements. This is going to kill my bandwidth usage but so be it, its L&D!

I just got done playing a couple missions. I stopped to eat. but from what i saw, it was cool. The menus are the same but different style text, but fresh new stats page. Riding motorcycles are a lot easier and when you hit something you dont automatically flip off. The presentation of the game is cool. I heard Wanted dead or alive by bon jovi while riding my bike.
biggrin.gif
There is a new filter they added to the game that adds noise to the screen. I think it kind of looks nice, gives the game a different feel to it compared to GTA IV main story. So far im liking it. The first safehouse is kind of torture to navigate through though. I havent played GTA IV since June of 08, but the character seems like he runs slower than niko. I dunno, im still getting used to the controls again.

I bought it at EB today, gonna have to leave it on over night to download though cause I gotta go to work. 2 gigs though, fuck I wish the 360's came with 60 gig hard drives in the first place.

I Purchased it last night and it is a good price for some new missions and new MP Modes, new weapons and bike physics

[quote name='The 7th Number']I havent played GTA IV since June of 08, but the character seems like he runs slower than niko. I dunno, im still getting used to the controls again.[/quote]

I thought I was the only one that thought this.. apparently not.

I know the character animations are different, but yeah, definitely slower.

[quote name='HydroX']I thought I was the only one that thought this.. apparently not.

I know the character animations are different, but yeah, definitely slower.[/quote]

I noticed it too. In fact, when he runs he sort of waddles!

Anyone else have troubles first time they booted up GTAIV? I just stayed on a blank black screen and nothing happened 3 times and then the 4th it finally registered and I got the copyright text and Rockstar logo and all was well?!

Wow the mission
"Off Route" sucks. I steal the bus and im driving around for like 10 minutes. I dont know how im supposed to lose the cops. The bus turns like shit, and everytime im about to lose the cops, near the edge of the circle, more cops are coming my way so i get placed into the middle of the circle again! I didnt try a pay n spray cos i figured that wouldnt work. Such bullshit.

EDIT: just beat that mission. LOL. Took me like 2 minutes. Just took a different route.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Spybreak8']Anyone else have troubles first time they booted up GTAIV? I just stayed on a blank black screen and nothing happened 3 times and then the 4th it finally registered and I got the copyright text and Rockstar logo and all was well?![/quote]

Looks like you may be in the same boat with me and several other people. I had random freezing issues so I re-downloaded it.... same thing. So far I can't even get to the first save area because it stops on me so much. After looking around I noticed a lot of people are having the same problem. I hope R gets on a patch or explanation soon.

Well..didnt get to play much at all..but I did manage to get 2 missions in. Loving the bikes so far.

Did anyone else notice the graphics though? They seem high-def and detailed, just much more eh...grainy?

bread's done
Back