Guess the Game from the Screenshot

It's definitely an Irem title, but I don't think it's R-Type. That's too easy. It's probably a spinoff that 4 copies of which were made.

[quote name='mykevermin']It's definitely an Irem title, but I don't think it's R-Type. That's too easy. It's probably a spinoff that 4 copies of which were made.[/QUOTE]

The only thing I can find odd about it is the red ship, but I haven't played r-type in years. I figured it's just player 2.

hmmm another shoot'em up. I bet you guys should all know this one

fef71518.jpg

[quote name='adrianchan56']hmmm another shoot'em up. I bet you guys should all know this one

fef71518.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Raiden. I don't know which one though, it's not the tg16 or the jaguar one.

And for the "not r-type" one, shouldn't we stick to posting games that people actually could have played? Aren't 0 games unreleased one or something (digitpress is down, as usual, so I can't check)?

[quote name='twiztidjester']
1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That one's Thrill Kill, which was never released in the U.S. I remember being disappointed that it was cancelled, because it looked promising.

[quote name='Wet Ninja']That one's Thrill Kill, which was never released in the U.S. I remember being disappointed that it was cancelled, because it looked promising.[/QUOTE]

Looks can be deceiving.

Damn, the cumulative knowledge of old school games in this thread is amazing.

[quote name='Graystone']Every genric Pc game ever?[/QUOTE]:lol:

[quote name='twiztidjester']I have played it a few times it was acctully decent.[/QUOTE]

The Wu-Tang Clan made a game off that engine. Thats as close as we got to Thrill Kill.

[quote name='mykevermin']A play in four parts:

[/QUOTE]

First one is Legacy of the Wizard (possibly one of the most confusing NES games ever)

Last one is Athena (possibly the sexiest NES game ever)

[quote name='mykevermin']A play in four parts:

http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/6167/27ds.th.gif

[/QUOTE]

I was SOOOO planning to post this one. Damn you to heck.

p.s.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']First one is Legacy of the Wizard (possibly one of the most confusing NES games ever)
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what he said. I could never really get a consistent map of it in my mind. The question for me is, was the game world simply enormous, or was it simply the perceptions of a 12 year old? Never the less, I remember really liking it, even though I could only ever find 2 of the bosses.

[quote name='woobacca']
sample1jv.gif

Any takers?[/QUOTE]

That looks an awful lot like Beyond the Forbidden Forest. I never got to play that one as much as I did the original...

[quote name='BlueWingX']That looks an awful lot like Beyond the Forbidden Forest. I never got to play that one as much as I did the original...[/QUOTE]

I remember feeing rather sick watching that dude getting stung by a huge hornet, it was rather bloody for its day.

[quote name='The Dord']I remember feeing rather sick watching that dude getting stung by a huge hornet, it was rather bloody for its day.[/QUOTE]

Those skeletons in the original Forbidden Forest that went crazy with the stabbing freaked me out when I was a little kid...

[quote name='cyrix`']
hehe hopefully no one knows this one.[/QUOTE]
So far no correct guesses...

[quote name='cyrix`']So far no correct guesses...[/QUOTE]
it's for the neo geo. i can't recall the name, but i think it's last resort

[quote name='jughead']can't believe no one responded. One of my favorite NES games of all time. "Kid Niki".[/QUOTE]
You missed Strell's post... :D

[quote name='hobocorpses']Agent U.S.A....ah good ole C64![/QUOTE]
You got it! Haha, glad to see folks recognizing these C64 games... :lol:

[quote name='woobacca']Nice! Beyond Forbidden Forest it is. Yeah the hornet death was pretty freaky. That bear spider thing too.[/QUOTE]
Don't think I ever played Beyond FF, but I remember the original used to give me nightmares....creapy!

[quote name='cyrix`']
hehe hopefully no one knows this one.[/QUOTE]

Is this Zero Wing? Or maybe Apossum was right and it is Last Resort.

bread's done
Back