Guess the Game from the Screenshot

[quote name='alonzomourning23']dragon quest 5 or 6? A jp only remake? that guy at the top looks like torneko.[/QUOTE]

no but your close

Hovercraft - Tornekos Adventure Mysterious Dungeon (or something like that) for Super Famicom. We got the sequel released here on PS1 as Torneko Last Hope.

I might as well post one:

mysterygame0li.gif

[quote name='sonderiaom']Although I didn't answer any, I'd like to throw my bone into the mix
[/QUOTE]

Toki: Ape Spirit?

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']Guess all nine and...a winner is you!

12lm.jpg
[/QUOTE]

from left to right: don't know, Ninja Warriors, dunno, dunno, dunno, Spelunker?, dunno, Kangaroo!, and Lupin?

Thought I had an obscure one too

it was pretty obscure, but I remember it from the same ad in EGM that was selling bubble bath babes :lol: (wish I had bought one of those, even though I was like 9 years old at the time.)

[quote name='Apossum']from left to right: don't know, Ninja Warriors, dunno, dunno, dunno, Spelunker?, dunno, Kangaroo!, and Lupin?[/QUOTE]

Ninja Warriors and Kangaroo are correct. That is Lupin, but not the name of the game.

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']Ninja Warriors and Kangaroo are correct. That is Lupin, but not the name of the game.[/QUOTE]

Lupin the Third?

[quote name='Jack']Darkside Hazuki, the one on the top left is My Hero. Looks like the arcade version, not the SMS one.[/QUOTE]

Correct.

[quote name='gamereviewgod']Capcom's Willow is in the upper right corner.[/QUOTE]

Correct.

[quote name='backlash'] Lupin the Third?[/QUOTE]

Yes, that is Lupin the 3rd, but that still isn't the title of the game. Here's a hint: It was a laserdisk title (obviously) and was cobbled together with footage from Castle of Cagliostro.

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']Yes, that is Lupin the 3rd, but that still isn't the title of the game. Here's a hint: It was a laserdisk title (obviously) and was cobbled together with footage from Castle of Cagliostro.[/QUOTE]
Cliff Hanger! The laserdisk part was a huge hint. :D
Cool, I had no idea there were other laserdisk games besides Dragon's Lair and Space Quest.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']oh and can someone teach me how to post an imageshack hosted pic on here? i hosted it, but couldn't get it to display.[/QUOTE]Put
immediately after.

----------

Three more screenshots, not cause they're all that hard to guess but cause I'm having so much fun remembering these games:

sample9mg.gif
sample0hd.gif
sample6fw.gif

[quote name='woobacca']Put
immediately after.

----------

Three more screenshots, not cause they're all that hard to guess but cause I'm having so much fun remembering these games:

sample9mg.gif
sample0hd.gif
sample6fw.gif
[/QUOTE]

I remember the game in the upper right, I used to play it on my Apple IIe. It was really confusing and the Bull would make a great sound with the onboard chip. I would love to know the name again!

[quote name='kaw']Hmm, are those?
Zaxxon, Bruce Lee, and not sure about the last one... Temple of Apshai?[/QUOTE]Got the first two right! I never played Apshai, but I'm pretty sure that one was a 3rd person view dungeon crawler.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I remember the game in the upper right, I used to play it on my Apple IIe. It was really confusing and the Bull would make a great sound with the onboard chip. I would love to know the name again![/quote]Come to think of it, the screenshot is from C64 but the version I played was on the Apple IIc. :D

[quote name='Stoneage'] Ok....get crackin'.[/QUOTE]

1. No idea.
2. Looks like 'Horace Goes Skiing' on C64, but I'm not sure. :whistle2:k
3. Samurai Warrior - The Battles of Yusagi Yojimbo

[quote name='Apossum']
Apossum
[/QUOTE]
Just so you know, we can see the other photos in your folder. In case you didn't wish it to be so.

P.S. You live in Biodome?

[quote name='Stoneage']Just so you know, we can see the other photos in your folder. In case you didn't wish it to be so.

P.S. You live in Biodome?[/QUOTE]

*deletes midget pron*

those are some old pics of a Rockefeller farm in new york where some friends of mine work.

edit: she's taken :lol:

Darkside Hazuki...middle right is def. Bagman, one of my favorite.

Oh, and I sucked big time at that Bruce Lee game, but def. a blast from the past.

[quote name='gigan54']it's for the neo geo. i can't recall the name, but i think it's last resort[/QUOTE]
Well IDK if its for neo geo but I have the snes cartridge right here. and its not last resort.
[quote name='IkilledLassic']Uh, One of the Thunder Forces? Not sure.[/QUOTE]
Nope. Idk if this game even has a sequel.

I HAVE STUMPED THE ALMIGTHY CAGS!

[quote name='Strell']Apossum: This is somewhat scary, you kind of look/dress like me....[/QUOTE]

All those kids at American Eagle/The Gap/Abercrombie must be really scared too!

[quote name='hobocorpses']Darkside Hazuki...middle right is def. Bagman, one of my favorite.[/QUOTE]

Correct.

[quote name='woobacca'] Cliff Hanger! The laserdisk part was a huge hint.[/QUOTE]

Correct!

Three more to go...

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']All those kids at American Eagle/The Gap/Abercrombie must be really scared too![/QUOTE]

I think everyone is scared.

Abercrombie? Yuck.

I've recognized only a handful of the screenshots people have been posting. Guess my old school knowledge is pretty limited. :whistle2:k

Anyway:

sample4mu.gif

[quote name='woobacca']I've recognized only a handful of the screenshots people have been posting. Guess my old school knowledge is pretty limited. :whistle2:k

Anyway:

sample4mu.gif
[/QUOTE]
Karateka?

Dunno which version, C64 maybe.

[quote name='evilmax17']Karateka?

Dunno which version, C64 maybe.[/QUOTE]
Yep, maybe that one was too easy. :lol:

Still waiting to find out the names of Darkside's remaining three games.

[quote name='woobacca']Still waiting to find out the names of Darkside's remaining three games.[/QUOTE]

Time for some hints:

The lower left corner had a movie based on it, starring Dabney Coleman and the kid from E.T.

Middle left was controlled via trackball.

Middle is a game of cops and robbers.

These are all arcade versions, by the way.

bread's done
Back