Guess the Game from the Screenshot

[quote name='chalalite']The DENNIS Screen shot is from a game on homestarrunner.com....[/QUOTE]

YOUR HEAD A SPLODE!

Seriously, check out the Strong Bad e-mail called "Video Games" here.

Here's a gem:

13vb.jpg

[quote name='alonzomourning23']I have no idea if this one is difficult or easy, but here it is:

nesalpha1du.jpg
[/QUOTE]

How many mech games are there for the turbografx in the u.s.? This can't be that hard. I used to play this game constantly as a kid, one of my favorite games. Makes me sad that turbo less people were deprived :cry: .

[quote name='alonzomourning23']How many mech games are there for the turbografx in the u.s.? This can't be that hard. I used to play this game constantly as a kid, one of my favorite games. Makes me sad that turbo less people were deprived :cry: .[/QUOTE]
I was indeed deprived, having gone straight from classic NES and C64 to the Playstation. How many consoles did I miss in between?

Vigilante was f'ng hard, I could never save Madonna. I'd get to the skyline and then I'd die real quick.

:cry:

[quote name='Apossum']Hell yeah, save Madonna![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Apossum']One from the "Games that looked really cool in EGM, but sucked ass in reality" files:

Fatman02.png
[/QUOTE]

wanna see if anyone else has had this dubious pleasure.....

Vigilante was f'ng hard, I could never save Madonna. I'd get to the skyline and then I'd die real quick.

yeah. it was like Kung Fu on crack.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']How many mech games are there for the turbografx in the u.s.? This can't be that hard. I used to play this game constantly as a kid, one of my favorite games. Makes me sad that turbo less people were deprived :cry: .[/QUOTE]

Veigues: Tactical Gladiator. Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

----DM

Well, I figure I've answered enough of these, so maybe I should start posting a few of my own... Try this one.

Gamequiz1.gif

[quote name='BlueWingX']Well, I figure I've answered enough of these, so maybe I should start posting a few of my own... Try this one.

Gamequiz1.gif
[/QUOTE]

Arcana? Sweet dungeon crawling.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Arcana? Sweet dungeon crawling.[/QUOTE]

Wow... That was quick. Well done! Here's another one...

Gamequiz2.jpg

When I was about 6 or 7 years old I once played this game for about 5 or 6 hours straight (no pause button back then). My sister fed me dinner while I played :) Thinking back, I can't believe my parents let me get away with that. Anyway, here ya go:

[quote name='bfg9k']^ Fort Apocalypse[/QUOTE]

Man, I'm just not very good at stumping you guys... I guess I don't know enough obscure imports. Anyway, here's another one for you to get easily...

Gamequiz5.gif

[quote name='Backlash']When I was about 6 or 7 years old I once played this game for about 5 or 6 hours straight (no pause button back then). My sister fed me dinner while I played :) Thinking back, I can't believe my parents let me get away with that. Anyway, here ya go:

[/QUOTE]

Is that Space Jockey?

[quote name='Strell']This is just a guess...Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Nice job! Let's try another one.... One of my favorite games.

Gamequiz7.png

[quote name='Backlash']When I was about 6 or 7 years old I once played this game for about 5 or 6 hours straight (no pause button back then). My sister fed me dinner while I played :) Thinking back, I can't believe my parents let me get away with that. Anyway, here ya go:

[/QUOTE]
Looks so familiar but I can't place it...

hey BlueWing, what can you tell me about that Arcana game? Looks interesting.

On a side note, I continue to be amazed at all these obscure games everyone is recognizing. At least they're obscure to me. :lol:

[quote name='woobacca']On a side note, I continue to be amazed at all these obscure games everyone is recognizing. At least they're obscure to me. :lol:[/QUOTE]

For real. I must have suffered from using an Apple IIgs for my early formative years, becuase as far as older pc games are concenred, if it ain't "Carmen Sandiego," "Reader Rabbit," or "Bank Street Writer," then I don't know shit.

[quote name='woobacca']hey BlueWing, what can you tell me about that Arcana game? Looks interesting.[/QUOTE]

Well, I only remember a little, since I only got to rent it once, then the next person to rent it never brought it back...

Arcana was a first person RPG for the SNES. All I remember is that it's magic system had to do with using cards, hence the name Arcana, which is a reference to the Tarot. Anyone else remember any more about it?

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']Here's an easy one:

943396614008up.gif
[/QUOTE]

The Colonel's Bequest!!! I loved the Laura Bow series... Wish they had made more than 2...

[quote name='Strell']Nightshade? I remember really wanting to play that after seeing it in Nintendo Power.[/QUOTE]

Yup, that's Nightshade... I was so happy when I found an unopened copy at a local gamestore around the time the PS1 was hitting it's stride... Anyway, time for the next one...

Gamequiz8.gif

[quote name='mykevermin']For real. I must have suffered from using an Apple IIgs for my early formative years, becuase as far as older pc games are concenred, if it ain't "Carmen Sandiego," "Reader Rabbit," or "Bank Street Writer," then I don't know shit.[/QUOTE]
Bank Street Writer! Holy shite I haven't heard those three words together in god knows how long :lol:

[quote name='BlueWingX']Yup, that's Nightshade... I was so happy when I found an unopened copy at a local gamestore around the time the PS1 was hitting it's stride... Anyway, time for the next one...

Gamequiz8.gif
[/QUOTE]

SWORDQUEST! I'm guessing Fireworld but fucked if I can tell.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']SWORDQUEST! I'm guessing Fireworld but fucked if I can tell.[/QUOTE]

It's Earthworld, but given the fact that you knew Swordquest, I'll give you the point! I was addicted to those games when I was a kid, and I never even knew what the hell I was supposed to be doing... Ah, to be that innocent a gamer again...

Well, I've got to get to my Public Speaking class, but I'll try to find some more screenshots later... Have fun, guys!

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Man, I used to own Swordquest back in the day.

Try this one..

c0uc.gif
[/QUOTE]

I hate to keep crashing the party, but this is Krull. I LOOOOOVED this game for Atari.

[quote name='BlueWingX']The Colonel's Bequest!!! I loved the Laura Bow series... Wish they had made more than 2...[/QUOTE]
Dagger of Amon-Ra ftw.

[quote name='kaw']One of my old favorites, and the first "RPG" type game I played:

adnd2.gif
[/QUOTE]
What the... RPGs go back as far as the days when graphics were this basic? That's awesome. Can't wait to find out what the heck this was.

[quote name='woobacca']What the... RPGs go back as far as the days when graphics were this basic? That's awesome. Can't wait to find out what the heck this was.[/QUOTE]

RPGs go back MUCH further than this. Some of the originals, (besides text) were just ASCI characters. Your character would be '@' and the enemy would be '&' or something like that.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']RPGs go back MUCH further than this. Some of the originals, (besides text) were just ASCI characters. Your character would be '@' and the enemy would be '&' or something like that.[/QUOTE]
I should have guessed there'd be many steps between pencil & paper AD&D and Bard's Tale.

Wow this thread is so ironic, you guys are comlaining about easy ones and after I stump you you guys don't even care to see the answer!

There is "stumping" and there is "unfair." If a game has a rarity of "0" on digitpress, then it's widely unavailable and/or unreleased. I can post a picture of some fucking snooker title released on the European MSX in 1983, of which 7 copies were made, and 6 of them ended up exploding accidentally.

That doesn't make guessing the game fun, nor fair. So, that's why I personally don't care. It's clearly an Irem title, and it's not R-Type. So big deal, I say. Tell us or don't; don't act like you've stumped us right good though.

[quote name='Jack']
I might as well post one:

mysterygame0li.gif
[/QUOTE]
Really? No one knows this one? It's a Genesis game.

A few more:

mysterygame25qc.gif

mysterygame34vt.jpg

mysterygame46gb.gif

mysterygame57sr.gif

[quote name='cyrix`']Wow this thread is so ironic, you guys are comlaining about easy ones and after I stump you you guys don't even care to see the answer![/QUOTE]
When it comes to a thread like this with new screenshots coming in every hour, I think we're all operating in A.D.D. (attention deficit disorder) mode anyway. If not even Mr Unoriginal responded to your revelation of the game's title, I think it's safe to say you've stumped everyone. ;)

Hmm, I thought the point wasn't to try to stump everyone (could easily be done using totally obscure import titles or very old PC/Apple games), but rather to post shots of old games you enjoyed and see if anyone else knows them or has played them.

[quote name='Strell']Gosh, I sure hope no one gets this one!

mysterygame.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Halo 2! Wait, no, that game looks too compelling...

[quote name='Backlash']Hmm, I thought the point wasn't to try to stump everyone (could easily be done using totally obscure import titles or very old PC/Apple games), but rather to post shots of old games you enjoyed and see if anyone else knows them or has played them.[/QUOTE]
It is.

Game on!
test018vi.gif

bread's done
Back