Guess the Game from the Screenshot

That was fast. I guess there was no point in my preparing this as a hint:
test010dl.jpg
:lol:

[quote name='cyrix`']Wow this thread is so ironic, you guys are comlaining about easy ones and after I stump you you guys don't even care to see the answer![/QUOTE]
uuuhm....you already told us the answer
[quote name='cyrix`']Well since I really have stumped you guys my screenshot was from an snes game called "Blazeon".[/QUOTE]
so we just moved on

[quote name='Lou Norman']Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Treasures of Tarmin for the Intellivision[/QUOTE]

You got it. It was a great game for its day.

Well, I'm back. Here's a couple of VERY easy ones to start out with. Bonus points if you can name all 4 playable characters for each game.

Gamequiz3.gif

gamequiz4.png

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I'll give back:

1.jpg

Image1.gif

arcade_0080_03.png
[/QUOTE]

Kwirk and Keystone Kapers! I remember Kwirk being on that cartoon with Max Force, Kuros, Bigfoot, and some basketball player...

Was it called Avengers? You could use....Green Arrow, Iron Man, Captain America.... ... ... Silver Surfer?

(not Marvel Super Heroes, heh)

Edit: Looked up the names...Hawkeye and Vision. But I picked people close to them. :p

[quote name='Strell']Was it called Avengers? You could use....Green Arrow, Iron Man, Captain America.... ... ... Silver Surfer?[/QUOTE]

That's pretty close on the bottom one... It's actually 2 games, and Green Arrow is a DC hero, anyway. Nice try, though. :)

Edit: Ok, Strell, I'll give you credit on "Captain America and the Avengers".

Captain America and the Avengers - Cap. America, Iron Man, Valkyrie, and Vision iirc. Not sure about that game with Spiderman, but it looks hot.

[quote name='Lou Norman']Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Treasures of Tarmin for the Intellivision[/QUOTE]
[quote name='kaw']You got it. It was a great game for its day.[/quote]
Intellivision! Kaw, you just inspired me to google search "history video game consoles timeline" and look what came up:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_console

The chart puts it all in perspective for me.

[quote name='BlueWingX']Well, I'm back. Here's a couple of VERY easy ones to start out with. Bonus points if you can name all 4 playable characters for each game.

Gamequiz3.gif

gamequiz4.png
[/QUOTE]

Top one is the arcade Spider-Man game from Sega. Playable characters were Spidey, Black Cat, Sub-Mariner, and Hawkeye.

Bottom one is Captain America and The Avengers by Data East. Playable characters were Cap, Iron Man, The Vision (sadly, it was Byrne's version, rebuilt and drained of all color), and.......Hawkeye. I always thought it was odd that such an obscure Marvel character showed up in two similar walk'n thumps at roughly the same time.

-----DM

[quote name='Jack']Really? No one knows this one? It's a Genesis game.

[/QUOTE]

That would be Chiki-Chiki Boys, the last of the Sega conversions of Capcom arcade games for the Genesis (bonus points to anyone who can name the other four).

----DM

[quote name='BlueWingX']Kwirk and Keystone Kapers! I remember Kwirk being on that cartoon with Max Force, Kuros, Bigfoot, and some basketball player...[/QUOTE]

Dang it! I finally knew some and you answered before I checked the thread.

[quote name='Backlash']Dang it! I finally knew some and you answered before I checked the thread.[/QUOTE]
lol yeah keystone kapers is one of the few that i could recognize too

[quote name='Daddy_Mulk']Top one is the arcade Spider-Man game from Sega. Playable characters were Spidey, Black Cat, Sub-Mariner, and Hawkeye.

Bottom one is Captain America and The Avengers by Data East. Playable characters were Cap, Iron Man, The Vision (sadly, it was Byrne's version, rebuilt and drained of all color), and.......Hawkeye. I always thought it was odd that such an obscure Marvel character showed up in two similar walk'n thumps at roughly the same time.

-----DM[/QUOTE]

That's as complete an answer as you can give! I felt the same thing about Hawkeye. Loved that Spider-Man game, though... Well, here's another one.

gamequiz12.jpg

[quote name='woobacca']Intellivision! Kaw, you just inspired me to google search "history video game consoles timeline" and look what came up:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_console

The chart puts it all in perspective for me.[/QUOTE]

Cool chart. The Intellivision was a great system. I still remember the day my Dad brought it home and hooked it up. Sure my friends made fun of me since they all had Ataris, but I didn't care. I knew the Intellivision was better. Except that the not-so ergonomic controller disfigured my hand into a hideous claw.

[quote name='Strell']Dr. Chaos![/QUOTE]

Damn right! One of the many NES games that I never got very far in... Try this one...

Gamequiz6.gif

[quote name='Strell']The second to bottom one is Amagon.

The gameboy title I want to say is by Konami and is an early title....[/QUOTE]

Amagon is correct. The gameboy game is not by Konami.

[quote name='evilmax17']Kolibri for the 32X, the best hummingbird-themed shooter of all time.[/QUOTE]

Correct.

[quote name='Daddy_Mulk']That would be Chiki-Chiki Boys, the last of the Sega conversions of Capcom arcade games for the Genesis (bonus points to anyone who can name the other four).

----DM[/QUOTE]

Also correct. I didn't know that little bit of history though. I'm guessing Strider was one of them.

[quote name='BlueWingX']Damn right! One of the many NES games that I never got very far in... Try this one...

Gamequiz6.gif
[/QUOTE]

I think that's Dungeon Explorer 2.

[quote name='Apossum']One from the "Games that looked really cool in EGM, but sucked ass in reality" files:

Fatman02.png
[/QUOTE]

okay, last chance :)

[quote name='Jack']Also correct. I didn't know that little bit of history though. I'm guessing Strider was one of them.[/QUOTE]

Ghouls N' Ghosts, Strider, MERCS, and...hell, I don't know...Dynamite Duke?

[quote name='mykevermin']Ghouls N' Ghosts, Strider, MERCS, and...hell, I don't know...Dynamite Duke?[/QUOTE]

First three are correct. The fourth was Forgotten Worlds. DD was Fabtek (but still a great game).

----DM

[quote name='Apossum']okay, last chance :)[/QUOTE]
No idea whatsoever. Green dude looks like a skinny Asian Hulk with a mustache.

[quote name='Jack']I think that's Dungeon Explorer 2.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know there was a 2, but it is a Dungeon Explorer game, so score for you...

Let's try another one...

gamequiz10.gif

[quote name='woobacca']No idea whatsoever. Green dude looks like a skinny Asian Hulk with a mustache.[/QUOTE]

:lol: he breathes fire too, making him the ultimate killing machine.

Anyway, the game is Slaughter Sport for the Genesis. Made by Razorsoft, the "edgy" company of the early 90s.

here's another:

1.jpg

[quote name='Jack']Sword of Sodan for Genesis.[/QUOTE]

guess that was easy-- the game had a bit of bad publicity when it came out...I forget why though.

[quote name='cyrix`']
hehe hopefully no one knows this one.[/QUOTE]

I got it! I think. Super Star Solider for the Tburbografx 16! It hit me when I was in my chinese class.

[quote name='Wet Ninja']That one's Thrill Kill, which was never released in the U.S. I remember being disappointed that it was cancelled, because it looked promising.[/QUOTE]
My cousin actually managed to get me a copy. I wont go into how he got it but i imagine you guys can figure it out, the game was actually very fun despite it being hyped as a mindless bloody game. I cant fathom how many hours I spent playing that with friends, the race to get the first thrill kill was so... thrilling, i guess.

[quote name='woobacca']The third pic in Darkside's post reminds me of this game:
sample0hx.gif
[/QUOTE]

"Ah, another visitor! Stay awhile! Stay FOREVER!!"

Impossible Mission (I or II, not sure which).

-----DM

Well, my last one seems to have no takers so far, so here's your system hint... It's a C-64 game.

And for those without a clue, here's something completely different.

gamequiz13.jpg

i realize now how lacking my early gaming was. i've never even played an Atari, intelli, C64, turbo, any of that. i played NES, SNES, owned a Genesis, and then i really got into gaming with the PS1. anyway, how about this one:

really hard game, should be easy.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']i realize now how lacking my early gaming was. i've never even played an Atari, intelli, C64, turbo, any of that. i played NES, SNES, owned a Genesis, and then i really got into gaming with the PS1. anyway, how about this one:

really hard game, should be easy.[/QUOTE]

Total Annhilation. Terrific game, had a great online community. One of my more fond gaming experiences.

[quote name='BlueWingX']I didn't know there was a 2, but it is a Dungeon Explorer game, so score for you...

Let's try another one...

gamequiz10.gif
[/QUOTE]
Zaxxon for some old-ass system? I have no idea. I'll guess Amstrad.

[quote name='Daddy_Mulk']"Ah, another visitor! Stay awhile! Stay FOREVER!!"

Impossible Mission (I or II, not sure which).

-----DM[/QUOTE]
Very nice. I think the plug-n-play C64 joystick includes the first one.

[quote name='Backlash']Another "classic" Does anyone remember the pain of playing this one? I used to think it was fun for some reason...

[/QUOTE]

That's Gumshoe. I used to play the crap out of that one with my wireless light gun.

bread's done
Back