Guess the Game from the Screenshot

[quote name='Zing']I think this was the one that was supposed to have super realistic physics. It wins the award for floppiest FPS hand, though. Did they really think it was realistic to have the hand flop back and forth when turning? There are points where the guy actually misses his gun shots due to the flopping.[/QUOTE]

It gets better -- 1) it was the world first, box stacking simulator. Since they were pimping the physics so much, they kept showing off how you could stack boxes to get to different parts of the world.

2) no HUD, you always checked the gun for the number of bullets and you looked at a heart tattoo on your chest, to check you health status.

I looked forward to this game for so longer, since my love for Jurassic Park was undying. Then it came out and shattered my dreams. My inner child died that day :)

Oh man. I can't get over the Trex always sideways crabwalking. That looks so terrible. Not to mention the fact that this woman is apparently super strong, since she can fire rifles and lift boxes with one hand. Oh, and jump on top of raptors.

I was actually surprised at how polished the presentation was in terms of story/voice overs and so on. I can see why people thought the game had good potential.

[quote name='Rodimus']How the hell did that game not get released? The industry is dying for some roller derby action.[/QUOTE]

There's one coming: http://wftda.com/files/RollerDerbyVideoGamePR_WFTDA_FCB.pdf
http://www.thedailypage.com/daily/article.php?article=23248

But it's way, way, way early in development. Wish I could say more, but I can't; wish I knew more, but I really don't.

It's the same developer who was behind XBLA's Screwjumper! and Elements of Destruction, but I never played either of those. The WFTDA game is coming along, from what I hear, but I'm always too damned busy to check out the few opportunities I've had to see the game coming along. Haven't seen a screenshot, haven't seen a storyboard, haven't seen anything.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Was it called Roller Jam?[/QUOTE]

Yep. But it only featured the women skaters of RollerJam, and not the men.

[quote name='Strell']Oh man. I can't get over the Trex always sideways crabwalking. That looks so terrible. Not to mention the fact that this woman is apparently super strong, since she can fire rifles and lift boxes with one hand. Oh, and jump on top of raptors.

I was actually surprised at how polished the presentation was in terms of story/voice overs and so on. I can see why people thought the game had good potential.[/quote]

Not to mention, i think shes running around the jungle topless too. I mean, not that its a bad thing, far from it. She was probably a firm beliver in the less armored female heroines in RPG games, who wore nothing, but had like ubergod like health.

Im accually kinda happy, that ive never ever evereverever seen or heard of this game before. Its just so... flimsy to todays standards.

My my, we have come along way since 1998 havent we.

Ill try my luck at this crazy picture game. Heres a game i think alot of people dont know about that i got for free.

55184147_b6bfe3ab11.jpg

Im probably gonna get alot of people knowing this to my surprise...

[quote name='foltzie']Bump, finally did one that lasted for more than a day.[quote name='nbballard']7up Spot game on the NES.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

That is correct. Took me a while to find a screenshot that didnt actually have Spot in it.

Pier Solar, that new Genesis RPG. Aka TavernRPG. (At least I think I'm right.)

Why these guys don't go to, say, XBLA/Wiiware/Sony Story is beyond me. That's got to be easier.

Yep, that's it. I pre-ordered mine about a week ago. Looking forward to some classic RPG action. Having it as a download would make it more accessable (and probably cheaper) but I think it's kinda cool to pyshically own something like this.

[quote name='Strell']Lagoon.

I have this but I never played it. Always kind of wanted to.[/quote]

Its been a long time since i played this game. I got to a certain point, and i got stuck. So, i just sorta gave up.

Though i have to admit, the soundtrack is pretty sweet...:applause:

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I know number two is a cricket game. I've heard of Brian Lara Cricket, but I have no idea if that is what number two is or not.[/QUOTE]

Correct - This game actually has two names, Brian Lara Cricket '99 in Europe and Shane Warne Cricket '99 in Australia and New Zealand

[quote name='mguiddy']1 looks like Discworld: Mortality Bytes.[/QUOTE]

Correct

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the third one is The Legend of Dragoon. I got so far in that game, and then I got distracted by something else and never finished it... I should dig it out again.

[quote name='BlueWingX']I believe the third one is The Legend of Dragoon. I got so far in that game, and then I got distracted by something else and never finished it... I should dig it out again.[/quote]

Yep, it's Rose overlooking a dragon in the forest below before she saves the main characters ass early on in the game if I remember correctly.

[quote name='BlueWingX']I believe the third one is The Legend of Dragoon. I got so far in that game, and then I got distracted by something else and never finished it... I should dig it out again.[/QUOTE]

Both Blue Wing and Draekon are correct.

Sorry about the size of the pics. I acidentally uploaded it as a small image. Anyways you guys got a few.
2. X-Men (NES)
5. Elemental Gimmick Gear
6. Chrono Cross

Some tips:
#1 is actually very easy, but I photoshoped something out.
#3 & 4 are games that aren't out yet.

[quote name='Nogib']You're right, #1 was way too easy (even before this hint).

It'd be Mega Man 2 :D[/quote]

^ Correct. I took out the helmet, but I figured it wouldn't be too hard.

[quote name='dwhelan']

3)
n39901370_31586690_687.jpg
[/quote]

Im on Disk 2 the last time i played it (like 2 or so years back). Yea, thats from the intro. Its a really good game...

Toshinden Wii.

Originally I thought it was the fighting game coming to the DS from your screen, but I couldn't find the title of it, so I gave up on trying to solve the question.

It was announced about a month or so ago. From the screens I didn't see any returning characters or connections to the previous games. IMHO It doesn't look so hot.

[quote name='PhrostByte']
moonbase_screen_shot.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Alas, tripod blocked the image and opening it directly kinda spoiled it... Although there are very few options for the Sim City on the moon game.

[quote name='foltzie']Alas, tripod blocked the image and opening it directly kinda spoiled it... Although there are very few options for the Sim City on the moon game.[/quote]

Yeah.. I figured it might not be overly easy since no one I know has ever even heard of it.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Yeah.. I figured it might not be overly easy since no one I know has ever even heard of it.[/QUOTE]

True, but before posted the answer I did search for Sim City, Moon and Mac, which confirmed the answer.

Still, good one.

bread's done
Back