Guess which newb in the OTT is Jay Leno & which is Darth Taylor - Win a prize!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure D_ "OTT elitist PWNED by an ICON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Icon wants to trick Gamestop into taking a broken PS3 he already owns.

[quote name='Rocko']I'm pretty sure D_ "OTT elitist PWNED by an ICON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Icon wants to trick Gamestop into taking a broken PS3 he already owns.[/QUOTE]

A better theory is that he wants to buy one, swap parts to fix his, then return the other unit as "defective". Slight difference, as I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be able to just swap, due to potential "model" conflicts, not to mention serial numbers.

Hmm, should i buy a friend's GTX 285 for $150, even though it may or may not die on me? Dude is kind of rough on parts.

han.gif
WTF Chewie?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='marten']Slidecage, attention whores, newbies, and pedobear?

Glad I started drinking at 9 this morning.

:beer:[/QUOTE]

Which one am I?
If you had to choose one.

Holy fuck...

Now CAPTAINFA_GGOT is trying to shit on people?

#-o

[quote name='VertigoMotel']Which one am I?
If you had to choose one.[/QUOTE]

Definitely slidecage

[quote name='manthing']Holy fuck...

Now CAPTAINFA_GGOT is trying to shit on people?

[/QUOTE]

Hey, I've been shitting on people for years.

love you manny

I don't care what that IP checker says, Captain$$$$$$2010 is definitely an alt. Maybe DarthPuma or Christian Martinez.

EDIT: Posted that before I saw the new new title. :lol:

Dang OTT. Spent the past two days with my grandparents and heard some excellent tales. They aren't the kind to exaggerate and I was legit blown away by the story of how they got together. It is some crazy movie type of shit. It involves Alexander Graham Bell and the National Geographic dude Gilbert Grovsner god damn! So good is this story, that I plan to steal it and use it for my own monetary gain!
How do I best exploit this?

Its original content do not steal though.

For serious, it is a pretty lengthy tale. I think its actually entertaining, though I gotta wonder if its just due to how I know my grandparents and how different they are today, though from time to time things flare up that give me insight into how they used to be. That combined with this story makes it amazing to me. I probably will tell you OTT, if just to see if the story stands on its own, but damn... I usually don't get all excited about stories people tell be I legitimately was enthralled the entire time I was hearing it.

[quote name='manthing']Remember my praise for AT&T U-Verse?

Yeah...praise revoked...

150 kb/s things, not fucking cool.[/QUOTE]I get like 1.4mb/s. :cool:

Lets start with some background stories to help establish the characters and the time period. I feel they are moderately interesting and will make the main story more enjoyable, as this is how it was presented to me.

My grandfather grew up in Washington with his two brothers in a generally poor family. As the youngest of the brothers he, like most younger brothers, looked up to his two older siblings. When both of his brother were old enough, they opened up their own newspaper stands, you know the awesome kind where they'd sell papers on the corner shouting out the news of the day. My grandfather, now 7 years old, often helped out the middle brother by selling some papers for him for free. He would venture into the taverns and yell out the headlines to the smokey old drunks inside, and they would get a kick out of the little guy, and generally bought a lot of papers.

As my grandfather grew a year or so older he eventually wanted to purchase something as most kids do. In this case it was a bike. At the time the war was going on, so all metal was going towards the war effort which meant that buying a new bike was an impossibility. However, he knew of a few used bikes that had not be reclaimed, and he had his eyes set on one of those. With this goal in mind, he asked his middle brother if he would pay him some money to continue helping to sell papers for him, as he brought in a lot of business due to his popularity at the taverns. The middle brother told him no, it was his paper stand, if he wanted to make money he should get his own.

After being rejected by his middle brother, my grandfather asked the same question to his oldest brother who also had a paper stand, and his oldest brother agreed to pay him a small amount for each paper he sold. Things went fairly well for him for awhile, he continued to experience good business at the taverns and slowly but surely saved up money for his bicycle. One day, in an attempt to find more business, my grandfather entered a bowling alley. During this time period, bowling alleys were seen as shady places or as he told me, "Dens of Inequity." It was generally a rough area where all sort of things would happen of questionable legality. Upon entering the bowling alley, my grandfather found it to be completely empty apart from the clerk at the desk and a single man bowling. He caught the clerk's eye and the clerk asked him if he needed some extra work. My grandfather said that he did and was hired on the spot as a pin setter. Again, he proved to be popular with the bowling alley patrons, and they often threw tips down the lane at him, as was typical at the time. He kept this job a secret from his parents due to the reputation working at a bowling alley carried, and enjoyed his increased income. However, after 3 months or so of working, his middle brother had discovered his extra job and, bitter about him quitting the stand to work for his oldest brother, ratted him out to his parents. He was forced to quit his job or be disowned.

Through the years he continued to work the odd job here and there and eventually opened a paper stand of his own before finally joining the Air Force as soon as he was old enough.

And so ends the first part of the story.

Love the sig Jimbo.

I wonder how many smelly, basement dwelling freaks I will encounter this weekend, if my theater gets Iron Man 2. My guess is 15 to 1 of basement dwellers to attractive girls. Some times I hate not working my old job, but then I realize I'm essentially getting paid 70ish percent of my old pay + free movies. Not too shabby.

Hi, OTT.

The second part of the story isn't much of a story.

My grandmother grew up in Ireland with something ridiculous like 13 siblings. I think they're mostly all girls with 3 boys, so it was probably hell for them. They were dirt poor. I haven't heard much about my grandmother's time in Ireland but the important thing to get out of this is that she is a very naive country girl with a deeply religious Catholic family that is extremely strict.

I know many of her sisters and they almost all live in England now. They moved from Ireland to England at a young age, so when people ask I usually just say they're British, because in all things except birthplace they are. Also thanks to this, I have a billion British relatives which is kind of cool, nothing to do with the story, but cool anyway.

Anyway, for some reason I cannot even begin to guess at, my grandmother and grandfather meet in Japan. Grandfather on an assignment for military. God knows why my grandmother was in Japan. In Japan they get to know each other fairly well and a romance or the start of one forms between them. One of my grandmother's friends also ends up living near them and this is important later on in the story.

This part isn't very interesting because I only pick up on things I've heard here and there and have never heard about my grandmother's life in Ireland or why the hell she was in Japan as a young teenager.

Onto the story proper.

After their time together in Japan, my grandfather was stationed in California and my grandmother returned to Ireland. They kept in contact through mail, which took 7 days to deliver back and forth. As they continued to communicate, their relationship only continued to grow until it got to the point where they felt they had to be together. My grandmother pleaded with her family to let her go to America, not knowing anything about it and having only lived in Ireland for most of her life, as though going to America was as simple as just deciding she wanted to go. Suspicious of my grandfather's intentions and the distance and considering everything else, of course they told her no.

Through continued contact, my grandfather suggested that my grandmother go to a job agency in Ireland that placed young Irish girls into "nanny" positions for families in the United States. He told her to try for any placement on the west coast, though of course California would be the best. Once she was in the states they would meet up and they would live happily ever after or whatever. When my grandmother went to this agency in Ireland, she had no idea about the names of the states or which coast was which or anything, so when she arrived at the agency and they told her they had an opening in Pennsylvania, she took it. A requirement of this system was that you worked off your transportation debt as the "nanny" and signed a contract for 1 year of service. However, my grandmother had saved up enough money to pay the transportation fee so that she owed nothing to the family she would be "nannying."

i'll continue the story tomorrow, i want to play some HoN with my bros before it becomes pay to play.

STILL TO COME!
-LIMOUSINES!
-ALEXANDER GRAHAM BELL!
-A DARING PLAN!
-TEARS!
-VODKA!
-VIETNAM!

THIS AND MORE NEXT TIME!

[quote name='Ugamer_X']What is the cash value of one Schrute buck?[/QUOTE]

And that is exactly why The Office isn't as good as it used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back