Guitar Hero 2 Xbox 360 - free shipping, no tax, free bag, RedOctane.com!

Good to mention that they state that they're likely to ship it early, so you'd have it in hand on the "shipping" date of 4/3/07.

$90 for one game is still not something I'm comfortable with. I'll have to wait for a better deal, but good looking out.

[quote name='zewone']$90 for one game is still not something I'm comfortable with. I'll have to wait for a better deal, but good looking out.[/QUOTE]

guessing you never played guitar hero on ps2.

[quote name='mr ryles']guessing you never played guitar hero on ps2.[/QUOTE]
Nope. Not a huge rock and roll fan, out of GH 1+2, I only liked about 5 songs.

[quote name='zewone']$90 for one game is still not something I'm comfortable with. I'll have to wait for a better deal, but good looking out.[/QUOTE]

Believe me, it's worth it though. I don't think there has ever been a B&M deal on Guitar Hero 1 and 2 with the guitar, and I expect the 360 one to sell just as well.

If anything, it *might* be on sale for $80 somewhere, but you're paying tax and wasting gas to drive it to save maybe $3 - $4.

Guitar Hero 2 is really insanely good, it's one of the few games that's worth such a high cost.

[quote name='mr ryles']guessing you never played guitar hero on ps2.[/QUOTE]
i own gh1 on ps2, and $90 still feels a bit steep to me. i'm not saying its not worth it. thats just a lot of money for one game.

[quote name='zewone']$90 for one game is still not something I'm comfortable with. I'll have to wait for a better deal, but good looking out.[/quote]

I agree that $90 is a good chunk of change. I own both GH games for the PS2, and am a guitarist IRL. That being said, I jumped on this deal when it was first posted about a month ago. The addition of online leaderboards and downloadable songs is worth it to me. I know some of you may not get it, but this is my WoW...haha.

[quote name='Roufuss']A question that I know will come up: Do they charge you now, or do they charge you when they ship?[/QUOTE]

they stated in the conformation e-mail they sent me they don't charge until item is shipped.

[quote name='mr ryles']they stated in the conformation e-mail they sent me they don't charge until item is shipped.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I added it to the OP!

[quote name='mr ryles']they stated in the conformation e-mail they sent me they don't charge until item is shipped.[/quote]

I haven't been charged yet either, so I can confirm this.

The gig bag is so tempting, but I have some reward zone credits and a GGC from BB that I already earmarked for GHII 360. Gah, unless someone has a better game I should go for that comes out before the middle of April...?

Edit: sorry, nm. The free ship doesn't apply to Hawaii residents--BB for me then. :p

set up. . .suckered in.

put me down for the 2 guitar package.

$149.99.

/wonders how he's going to pay rent next month
//guitar hero addict

I might be in for one! but I just wrote to ask them if the manufacturer's box will be packed and sent inside a shipping box.
...this week I received a ViewSonic monitor not repacked via UPS ground and my goodness it's banged up all to hxxx and filthy.

[quote name='donut']I might be in for one! but I just wrote to ask them if the manufacturer's box will be packed and sent inside a shipping box.
...this week I received a ViewSonic monitor not repacked via UPS ground and my goodness it's banged up all to hxxx and filthy.[/QUOTE]

Crap, I didn't even think about that.. Hopefully they will, but from past experiences (with ebay I mean) Lager items just get a shipping label slapped on them usually :(

crap crap crap. *bangs head on table*

Does anybody think Best Buy/Circuit City/Walmart will have like a cheap price when it first comes out to make us get it there? It says this gig bag can be preordered till 4/3 so I might wait for the weekend circular and if nothing is special jump all over this. Thanks OP.

On a semi side note, a MS rep at my Circuit City was fixing the kiosk and adding Guitar Hero II to the demo list.

The guitar looks slightly bigger than the PS one. Slightly heavier too.

[quote name='mr ryles']they stated in the conformation e-mail they sent me they don't charge until item is shipped.[/quote]

It should be noted that there will be a temporary authorization in the amount of $89.99 put on your credit card/bank account - even though they don't process the charge completely until it ships.

If you are close to your credit limit or low on bank funds this could cause your account to dip into "overdraft charge" terrritory. (this happened to me :whistle2:?)

I was able to work it out with my bank, but I wanted to give a heads up to everyone....

Saving my Reward Zone certificates for this, but at the same time, why is Amazon not taking preorders yet? With no tax and Amazon Prime, that would be my second choice, especially if I determined I wouldn't be able to get to Best Buy for it before it invariably sells out hours after store open on the third.

Thanks I bit!

I got charged tax which I don't mind since we can't pre order GH2 at work anymore so I can't pick one up there. This is perfect as I always wanted one of those GH2 gig bags. Sweeeeet.

preordered the 2 guitar kit yesterday...would have waited to get the wireless one, but would rather play it with my wife then have the wireless

[quote name='moonphrogg']set up. . .suckered in.

put me down for the 2 guitar package.

$149.99.

/wonders how he's going to pay rent next month
//guitar hero addict[/QUOTE]

Lol. I seriously debated this myself. Must... resist....

was trying to resist this game till they released a wireless guitar, but i'm going to have to get it on release.

$60 for an extra guitar, and it's not even wireless?

O RLY?

BTW, I just beat GHI and II on expert last week. I've had everything except Cowboys From Hell beaten on GHI for a few months. I finally came back to it after finally beating Hangar 18 and made my way through it after a few tries.

I'm in for the 2 player bundle. I want the bag, and the fact that they're shipping it a bit early is gravy.

When Guitar Hero 1 came out, it was VERY difficult to buy an extra guitar, and very much in demand. Many people decided they wanted to play multiplayer too late. I don't know if GH2 PS2 had the same problem... don't think it did. But I can't help but wonder if extra guitars might also be scarce for the 360. It's something to consider.

You can probably count on a 10-12% off coupon at BB.

Also, there might be a few promos the week this game launches.

[quote name='estat']You can probably count on a 10-12% off coupon at BB.

Also, there might be a few promos the week this game launches.[/quote]

Yeah, so say you get 12% off $89.99, which knocks the price down to $79.20. Add 7% tax (on average), and that brings your price back up to $84.75. Add the price of gas and time, minus the free gig bag, and you tell me who comes out ahead.

Nice find. I was just looking at the slow spread of stuff coming out in the next couple of months, but I forgot I was waiting for this. And that bag'll make me look like less of a douche carrying a guitar around for co-op. Thanks, Rouf.

Well if they ship it in the box as is, as was a concern levied above, and it's damaged or something on the guitar is loose, I'd say the guy who goes to BB wins :(.

[quote name='ROD28']Any chance of this getting backordered if too many people pre-order?[/QUOTE]

I heard gamestop stopped taking pre orders a few weeks ago.

So yes.

[quote name='Jatsu']Well if they ship it in the box as is, as was a concern levied above, and it's damaged or something on the guitar is loose, I'd say the guy who goes to BB wins :(.[/quote]

And IF on your way out of BB, someone punches you in the face and takes your GHII, then the person who orders from RedOctane wins. If if's and but's were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas. I seriously doubt they'd ship a $90 game with just a packaging label slapped on the side.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']And IF on your way out of BB, someone punches you in the face and takes your GHII, then the person who orders from RedOctane wins. If if's and but's were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas. I seriously doubt they'd ship a $90 game with just a packaging label slapped on the side.[/QUOTE]Outpost did for me.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']And IF on your way out of BB, someone punches you in the face and takes your GHII, then the person who orders from RedOctane wins. If if's and but's were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas. I seriously doubt they'd ship a $90 game with just a packaging label slapped on the side.[/quote]

I hope you are right!
I did see a bunch of store demo kits with just the label slapped on going through FedEx a few months back....
I'll post when they answer!

I'm in. I dont want to drive arround on launch day and not find one. Better safe then sorry. And with no tax i'm even saving a few $$

I hope we get them shiped early so it arrives on launch day.

bread's done
Back