Guitar Hero 2 Xbox 360 - free shipping, no tax, free bag, RedOctane.com!

[quote name='cleaver']I just can't bring myself to pay retail, I'm trying but I can't[/quote]

You are getting a $25 bag for free and saving money on tax(if your state has sales tax). Think of it that way and kiss your $90 away.

I'm in for one...I hope a better deal doesn't come around...well, I guess I could always cancel this one anyway

I don't have one GH in the world, but I played it a little and knew I'd be hooked, so I jumped on it...

Thanks OP! I like the gig bag bonus...altho, what gig would I be going too? Hmm...

Well, its already placed, so no need to think about it until I get it..

[quote name='donut']I hope you are right!
I did see a bunch of store demo kits with just the label slapped on going through FedEx a few months back....
I'll post when they answer![/quote]

I can ALMOST understand that, because anyone who's seen a demo kit knows they get beat to hell anyway, so maybe they figured what's the use? I just can't picture the central company behind this game, their most successful game, giving it the "save a buck" treatment. You can all bitch slap me if I'm wrong, but man, I'd be surprised.

anyone know if the Cherry guitar's they sold on there a year or so ago are still worth money? I thought it was so lame of red octane to release guitar hero 2 with a similar color guitar when they called the cherry guitar limited edition.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, so say you get 12% off $89.99, which knocks the price down to $79.20. Add 7% tax (on average), and that brings your price back up to $84.75. Add the price of gas and time, minus the free gig bag, and you tell me who comes out ahead.[/QUOTE]

Dude how much time do you think it takes to buy a game? 3 and a half hours? If you stop at Best Buy on the way home from work/school then its nothing. Therefore as always, Bob Saget comes out ahead.

[quote name='lupinckc']Crap, I didn't even think about that.. Hopefully they will, but from past experiences (with ebay I mean) Lager items just get a shipping label slapped on them usually :(

crap crap crap. *bangs head on table*[/QUOTE]

If the gig bag is an extra item not part of the original packaging for the game, then they will have to put it in some sort of box to be able to ship the original packaging and the gig bag together. Unless they ship them separately, of course.

Ordered with extreme prejudice. The tax savings isn't quite as much as a GGC, but the free bag more than makes up for it.

[quote name='sandman007']If the gig bag is an extra item not part of the original packaging for the game, then they will have to put it in some sort of box to be able to ship the original packaging and the gig bag together. Unless they ship them separately, of course.[/QUOTE]

The site says the gig bag maybe shipped before the actual game. That tells me they'll just be slapping a shipping label on the box.

[quote name='Basky']The site says the gig bag maybe shipped before the actual game. That tells me they'll just be slapping a shipping label on the box.[/quote]

It says that on the order site, but the follow-up e-mail says the order will be held until all items can be shipped at once. (It also mentions that you can call them and pay extra if you'd like to receive the items separately.)

I ordered the multiplayer Guitar Hero 1 for the PS2 directly from RedOctane when it first came out. They DID NOT just ship it with a packing label on the box.

Everything came in a (huge) box that contained the two guitars and the game. Each guitar had it's own box, but the game was only in one of the boxes. I'm sure they'll do the same this time around as well.

[quote name='AtlusParker']Outpost did for me.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, my order from outpost shipped inside a gigantic box filled with airbags. They could have fit probably 10 guitars in the box, but it was completely filled with padding so nothing got damaged, and this was with the free shipping.

Hopefully this hasn't already been asked in this topic, but I'm wondering does the guitar need to be connected to the 360? Because I have the wireless system so do I have to wait for the wireless guitar to be released?

[quote name='skychotic']Hopefully this hasn't already been asked in this topic, but I'm wondering does the guitar need to be connected to the 360? Because I have the wireless system so do I have to wait for the wireless guitar to be released?[/QUOTE]

I believe the official Red Octane stance is that a wireless guitar may be in the works down the line.

But no, the guitar included with the game will be wired.

I recently purchased GH1 and 2 and it is by far my favorite purchase for gaming. This deal for 360 is definitely worth it. Anyone that has the system and have the slightest interest in this series should take advantage of this offer asap.

[quote name='Secret Turtle']Dude how much time do you think it takes to buy a game? 3 and a half hours? If you stop at Best Buy on the way home from work/school then its nothing. Therefore as always, Bob Saget comes out ahead.[/quote]

Well, my closest BB is 35 minutes away and in the opposite direction from where I work. I've also heard plenty of people on here say they don't have a BB within 45 minutes, so I'm not alone. It's not fucking Wal-Mart dude. Why would I not want to have it delivered to my door for cheaper? But I do agree, in the end Bob Saget comes out ahead.

I had to bite on the deal, tax free + free shipping.. 150 total (Multi Bundle). Good luck finding a GH 2 on the release date, even if you are lucky enough to find one you won't be able to find a second controller for it

Well, I resisted both GH and GH2 for the PS2 and while it seems silly to spend an extra $10 on this one, it might indeed be the best deal we see on this game for a long, long time (Fry's had a one-day deal on GH2, but it was with a third-party guitar). I know this isn't a spectacular deal by any means, but with storage an issue in my house, that bag might be real useful actually.

Oh, and to answer skycotic's question : you'll plug the wired guitars into the usb slots in the front of the console (behind the flap).

[quote name='guitarplayer']I had to bite on the deal, tax free + free shipping.. 150 total (Multi Bundle). Good luck finding a GH 2 on the release date, even if you are lucky enough to find one you won't be able to find a second controller for it[/QUOTE]
Why do we have any reason to believe they won't have a huge print run for this game?

Wal MArt bought TONS of GH2 for 360.

All stores should have displays up this week and a midnight launch on release day.

[quote name='DX']Wal MArt bought TONS of GH2 for 360.

All stores should have displays up this week and a midnight launch on release day.[/QUOTE]
*Contemplates running into a Wal-Mart and stealing one.*

Tempting.

[quote name='derder']Do they charge me now or when they ship it?[/quote]

[FONT=arial, helvetica]*Pre-Order Terms and Conditions
Limited quantities available for free gig bags. This is a first come first serve basis. In order to receive free pre-gig bag you must pre-order a Guitar Hero II bundle (Game + Guitar) free gig bag promotion at www.redoctane.com by 4/3/2007. Your free gig bag may be shipped out with your order of Guitar Hero II prior to the launch date 4/3/2007 so you may receive your order by or after the launch date of 4/3/2007. We will ship out your order as early as possible so you will be one of the first to receive this product. Your credit card will be authorized. However we will not charge your credit card until the item is shipped. This offer does not apply to single Guitar Hero controllers or game only. This offer is while supplies last.

[/FONT]
Good deal i'm going to bite on a single guitar set. I'll try to sell the gig bag to get back some of the $90 wallet bite. ;)

[quote name='skychotic']Hopefully this hasn't already been asked in this topic, but I'm wondering does the guitar need to be connected to the 360? Because I have the wireless system so do I have to wait for the wireless guitar to be released?[/quote]just to clarify, you use the 360 usb ports to plug in the wired controllers.

So... Is there any official word on whether or not this game will arrive on April 3rd? It's kind of important for my decision on what to do... If it will definitely arrive on April 3rd, then I'm all for this, but I really don't want to have to wait a few days. Especially if people are saying they might just slap a shipping label on the box, too. Have they said that they will definitely be shipping early, to ensure it will arive by April 3rd?

Okay. Soo... Is there any official word on whether or not this game will arrive on April 3rd? It's kind of important for my decision on what to do... If it will definitely arrive on April 3rd, then I'm all for this, but I really don't want to have to wait a few days. Especially if people are saying they might just slap a shipping label on the box, too. Have they said that they will definitely be shipping early, to ensure it will arive by April 3rd?

Well after 24 hours of debating and turmoil, I finally bit and ordered one. Free shipping, no tax, free guitar bag worth $25...you'd be a fool not to order this. Thanks Roufuss!

[quote name='triforcer']just to clarify, you use the 360 usb ports to plug in the wired controllers.[/quote]

does anyone know the approximate length of the controller cords?

This version may be $10 more than the PS2 game, but it's better in a lot of ways. Improved graphics, ten new songs, and the ability to buy more songs through the marketplace - all ensure that this game will keep you busy for a long-ass time.

[quote name='abhinav']Wasnt there a costco deal for $10 less and 2 day free ship? i know it has tax and no bag but hoenstly i dont think i would use a bag.

EDIT: here is the link
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11197563&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=[/quote]

Not quite... It's a free UPGRADE to 2-day ship. I think it's still like 7.xx for shipping, though, plus someone mentioned something about a fee for being a non-member?

Yeah actually the Costco deal doesn't look that sweet anymore. For an extra $2-3 you get the guitar bag from RedOctane. I'm pretty damn temped for this because my friend who was a fiend for GH I&II on PS2 keeps talking about how awesome it is, but at the same time I want to wait to see if/when a wireless guitar will come out. I'll tell you what, if the 2-Player stuff was online, I'd jump right this second.

[quote name='monstericreated']Not quite... It's a free UPGRADE to 2-day ship. I think it's still like 7.xx for shipping, though, plus someone mentioned something about a fee for being a non-member?[/QUOTE]

Yep, 5% fee if you're not a member.

Old news. I posted this deal in the GH 360 thread about a month ago.:roll:

[quote name='screwkick']Just pre-ordered from Red Octane's site. Free shipping, no tax, and a free guitar bag took some of the sting out of the $90 purchase.[/quote]

Does anyone know if the controller is wirless. If so Im all over this. If not Ill have to pass on the game till a wireless version comes out.

[quote name='Gunch']Does anyone know if the controller is wirless. If so Im all over this. If not Ill have to pass on the game till a wireless version comes out.[/quote]it's wired. i thought the same about waiting till a wireless came out, but i think i may want a wired one just so it could work on homebrewed pc guitar hero knock-offs.

[quote name='eastx']This version may be $10 more than the PS2 game, but it's better in a lot of ways. Improved graphics, Xbox Live play, ten new songs, and the ability to buy more songs through the marketplace - all ensure that this game will keep you busy for a long-ass time.[/QUOTE]

There's no live play in this version and really what can be improved graphically?

Marketplace potential is a definite positive though. Initially they're only talking about having the Guitar Hero 1 songs for download but its really kind of one of those "the possibilities are endless" kind of things.

[quote name='triforcer']it's wired. i thought the same about waiting till a wireless came out, but i think i may want a wired one just so it could work on homebrewed pc guitar hero knock-offs.[/QUOTE]

Oh shit, I had completely forgotten about that. I can only imagine what fun stuff people will come up with now that there's a USB-ready guitar...

Dang, no Live play huh? Well, there's still plenty that could be improved for graphics. When you played the PS2 game, did you think it had the best graphics ever? I realize graphics aren't super important for a game like this, but improvements are still welcomed and will make it more fun to watch when not playing.

[quote name='screwkick']Old news. I posted this deal in the GH 360 thread about a month ago.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Thanks, next time then post it in the deals forum instead of burying it in a subforum only 5% of the community visit. The only reason I found it is because I saw LinkinPrime bring up RedOctane.com in a recent post in there, but due to all the people just now jumping on this deal it really would have been better served in the deals forum.

[quote name='Roufuss']Thanks, next time then post it in the deals forum instead of burying it in a subforum only 5% of the community visit. The only reason I found it is because I saw LinkinPrime bring up RedOctane.com in a recent post in there, but due to all the people just now jumping on this deal it really would have been better served in the deals forum.[/QUOTE]
Well said. I look for deals in the deals forum.

bread's done
Back