Guitar Hero 2 Xbox 360 - free shipping, no tax, free bag, RedOctane.com!

Nice to see all these are shipping. Just looked and mine was sent on 3/28 and shows rescheduled for delivery on tuesday 4/3. KY

I'm wondering if our shipments were slated to come to us earlier and the sender (Red Octane) put a delay, so that no body got it prior to 4/3. Hence, the Rescheduled notation.

Has the question of how they shipped been answered? Label on the existing packaging or big huge box all packed together?

I hope it's a big huge box. It'll scare my wife and she'll yell at me!

Mine shipped yesterday and will arrive in Chicago on my doorstep 4/3. Looks like I know what day to take off work now...hehe...

West Coast. Went from waiting with 3/30 under it to waiting with 4/2 under it. WTF?!?

Order 39713 received on 3/1/2007 11:51:00 PM:

Line Code Description Quantity Status Track
1 ROP051 Guitar Hero II™ Xbox 360 Multi-Player Bundle (Game+2 Guitars 1 waiting
4/2/2007 not available
2 GH2BUNDLE-X0 Guitar Hero II™ Xbox 360 Single Player Bundle (Game+Guitar)
(Bundled with ROP051) 1 waiting
4/2/2007 not available
3 PSLGH2-BAG Guitar Hero Dual Guitar Gig Bag
4/2/2007 not available
4 ROP052 Guitar Hero II™ Xbox 360 Explorer Controller
4/2/2007 not available

[quote name='LaMeRz55']West Coast. Went from waiting with 3/30 under it to waiting with 4/2 under it. WTF?!?

Order 39713 received on 3/1/2007 11:51:00 PM:

Line Code Description Quantity Status Track
1 ROP051 Guitar Hero II™ Xbox 360 Multi-Player Bundle (Game+2 Guitars 1 waiting
4/2/2007 not available
2 GH2BUNDLE-X0 Guitar Hero II™ Xbox 360 Single Player Bundle (Game+Guitar)
4/2/2007 not available
3 PSLGH2-BAG Guitar Hero Dual Guitar Gig Bag
4/2/2007 not available
4 ROP052 Guitar Hero II™ Xbox 360 Explorer Controller
4/2/2007 not available[/quote]

I am at warehouse now, west coast.

[quote name='Number83']Has the question of how they shipped been answered? Label on the existing packaging or big huge box all packed together?

I hope it's a big huge box. It'll scare my wife and she'll yell at me![/QUOTE]

I ordered the Guitar Hero 1 multiplayer bundle for the PS2 directly from Red Octane when it was first released. They shipped it all in a giant box. :)

If I had to guess, I would think it would be the same this time around, too.

[quote name='Brymo']I am at warehouse now, west coast.[/QUOTE]

Still waiting. I am in sunny San Diego, but the sun doesn't dry my guitar hero tears

well, my free shipping has shipped, everything else is in the warehouse. :rofl:

1 ROP050 Guitar Hero II� Xbox 360� Single Player Bundle (Game+Guitar 1 warehouse
3/30/2007 9:32:00 AM not available
3 GH2BUNDLE-X0 Guitar Hero II� Xbox 360 Single Player Bundle (Game+Guitar)
(Bundled with ROP050) 1 warehouse
4 PSLGH2-BAG Guitar Hero Dual Guitar Gig Bag
(Bundled with ROP050) 1 warehouse
2 ghiixfreeship Free Ground Shipping 1 shipped
3/30/2007 9:45:00 AM not available

[quote name='mr ryles']well, my free shipping has shipped, everything else is in the warehouse. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

I think everyone's looked like that before it actually shipped. A bit silly to be sure but nothing unusual.

Man oh man. Finally from "Warehouse" to "Shipped" for this New Jersey CAGer. I think I was the last of the East Coasters to get "Shipped." If not, all you other ECers with it still saying "Warehouse" will be in my prayers tonight.

[quote name='JonnyHeartthrob']Man oh man. Finally from "Warehouse" to "Shipped" for this New Jersey CAGer. I think I was the last of the East Coasters to get "Shipped." If not, all you other ECers with it still saying "Warehouse" will be in my prayers tonight.[/QUOTE]

I'm right there with you. Just an hour ago it was "Warehoused". Now it says "Shipped" with a delivery date of 4/3 on the East Coast!

HOORAY!

[quote name='JonnyHeartthrob']Man oh man. Finally from "Warehouse" to "Shipped" for this New Jersey CAGer. I think I was the last of the East Coasters to get "Shipped." If not, all you other ECers with it still saying "Warehouse" will be in my prayers tonight.[/quote]

In Mass and still warehoused.

[quote name='lawl']Heh, when you bring it up to the counter a message will come up saying they can't sell it.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha...really? I didn't try to buy one.

Well, this is odd. I was just notified today that it had departed from California... two days ago. I don't know about this; is this a standard thing to happen or am I the only one?

[quote name='EV1L ER1C']Well, this is odd. I was just notified today that it had departed from California... two days ago. I don't know about this; is this a standard thing to happen or am I the only one?[/QUOTE]

isn't that a good thing?

[quote name='EV1L ER1C']Well, this is odd. I was just notified today that it had departed from California... two days ago. I don't know about this; is this a standard thing to happen or am I the only one?[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt complain

[quote name='mj1108']Hahaha...really? I didn't try to buy one.[/quote]Yeah, lol. It's happened to me like 3 times with DVDs.

Hey, I'm not complaining. Surprise shipments are always a good thing. I'm just saying that it's odd and I didn't know if anyone else had this happen.

[quote name='EV1L ER1C']Well, this is odd. I was just notified today that it had departed from California... two days ago. I don't know about this; is this a standard thing to happen or am I the only one?[/quote]

mine is doing the same thing. is it really that odd? it's shipping by ground and it is a pretty long trip from California to New Jersey.

[quote name='chair_home']There's a thread on here saying people have successfully bought the game. Easier if you do in-store pick up. I am tempted to do this and return the sealed copy when it comes from red-octane, but its not worth the hassle I guess.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about it, but its only 3 days and a bit more of a hassle to get out there on a Saturday.

When you try to purchase at CC, the computer will say they cant sell it. But if you purchase online and choose in store pickup, the service desk is allowed to release it to you. I was told this by a CC employee this morning when I picked up mine. I ordered online and just picked it up. Unfortunately, the free 1600 MS Points isnt valid until tomorrow, so wait until tomorrow to pick it up. Or, buy online and pickup today, then order another one tomorrow and go pick it up and get your free 1600 MS Points. Then use todays receipt and return the sealed copy. Well, Im off to go play now, its been a long time since I played Guitar Hero, and Ive never played II.

On my order page it has this

1ROP050Guitar Hero II™ Xbox 360™ Single Player Bundle (Game+Guitar1warehouse
3/30/2007 9:37:00 AM
not available3GH2BUNDLE-X0 Guitar Hero II™ Xbox 360 Single Player Bundle (Game+Guitar)
(Bundled with ROP050)
1warehouse
not available4PSLGH2-BAG Guitar Hero Dual Guitar Gig Bag
(Bundled with ROP050)
1warehouse
not available2ghiixfreeshipFree Ground Shipping1shipped
3/30/2007 9:46:00 AM
not available
I am guessing it shipped, but im confused on why it says wherehouse on the other items.

Tried to get it early today from CC using an online order/pickup (and was then going to return the copy from RedOctane to CC). Guy at my CC knew the game was street dated and wouldn't sell it, but b/c of the 24/24 guarentee, I walked away with a $24 gift card...

As it stands, for $89.99 I'm walking away with GHII, the bag, and a $24 CC giftcard... Nice deal in the end :)

[quote name='Nugzy']When you try to purchase at CC, the computer will say they cant sell it. But if you purchase online and choose in store pickup, the service desk is allowed to release it to you. I was told this by a CC employee this morning when I picked up mine. I ordered online and just picked it up. Unfortunately, the free 1600 MS Points isnt valid until tomorrow, so wait until tomorrow to pick it up. Or, buy online and pickup today, then order another one tomorrow and go pick it up and get your free 1600 MS Points. Then use todays receipt and return the sealed copy. Well, Im off to go play now, its been a long time since I played Guitar Hero, and Ive never played II.[/QUOTE]

All of that's assuming that your CC employee will go for it--there are lots of gamers are my CC, including the manager, and they simply were not willing to sell even to an online order... again though, I got a $24 GC for my trouble ;)

I was actually hoping my CC employee wouldnt sell it to me. I would gladly wait a few days to play it if I was getting $24 off. But alas, the employee was an idiot and sold it to me.

I'm assuming red octane is located in Cali somewhere?

If so and they use UPS my order hasn't shipped yet, so that means it won't ship out till monday at the earliest. Given I am in Nevada and only a state over, I am still skeptical that they can get the game to me by Tuesday or Weds.

Just made an order. After reading the reviews in Game Informer and IGN, I had to get it. Didn't get free shipping though.

I wanted to pick it up from CC today, but I'm assuming they took out the in-store pick up option on the website? It now has a big x on it.

According to their website, it still hasn't shipped. It still says 'waiting' with yesterdays date. If it doesn't ship today, I doubt I will be getting it by Tuesday, even though I am one state over. This is quite disappointing since they promised to have it delivered by or before the release date.

Mine says Warehouse and shipping says shipped. Meaning from the past people, it has shipped. Just takes a few days to show.

Also, anyone else hear about the petal add-on?!?!?

[quote name='Brymo']Mine says Warehouse and shipping says shipped. Meaning from the past people, it has shipped. Just takes a few days to show.

Also, anyone else hear about the petal add-on?!?!?[/quote]

Oh, if that's the case it shipped many days ago. I don't think so though, becaise it probably would have arrived by now.

And I'm barely coordinated enough to play the game with the guitar. If they throw in pedals, I'm gonna look like an idiot ;-)

[quote name='Brymo']Also, anyone else hear about the petal add-on?!?!?[/QUOTE]

Pedal add-on? I never heard anything about an official release, but I saw pics of a RedOctane reload pedal modified for use on GH1 by someone in the official forums.

Is there talk about one being made by RO? I've been saying since GH1 how awesome it'd be if they made some kind of pedal to activate the star power or wah-wah.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']On my order page it has this

1ROP050Guitar Hero II™ Xbox 360™ Single Player Bundle (Game+Guitar1warehouse
not available3GH2BUNDLE-X0 Guitar Hero II™ Xbox 360 Single Player Bundle (Game+Guitar)
(Bundled with ROP050)
1warehouse
not available4PSLGH2-BAG Guitar Hero Dual Guitar Gig Bag
(Bundled with ROP050)
1warehouse
not available2ghiixfreeshipFree Ground Shipping1shipped
3/30/2007 9:46:00 AM
not available
I am guessing it shipped, but im confused on why it says wherehouse on the other items.[/quote]

This is exactly what mine says. So I don't even know if it's been shipped. No tracking number, no email, nothing....

Not a good way to do business.....

[quote name='deejayfiggy']This is exactly what mine says. So I don't even know if it's been shipped. No tracking number, no email, nothing....

Not a good way to do business.....[/QUOTE]
Me neither. I'll be very pissed if it's not here by release date.

Congrats on those that got the $24 GC. That's a pretty sweet bonus.

[quote name='norkusa']Pedal add-on? I never heard anything about an official release, but I saw pics of a RedOctane reload pedal modified for use on GH1 by someone in the official forums.

Is there talk about one being made by RO? I've been saying since GH1 how awesome it'd be if they made some kind of pedal to activate the star power or wah-wah.[/quote]

Yep

On Joystiq now.

[quote name='deejayfiggy']This is exactly what mine says. So I don't even know if it's been shipped. No tracking number, no email, nothing....

Not a good way to do business.....[/QUOTE]

same here...

[quote name='Decker']for me, 3/12/07[/quote]

That sucks, I ordered one before and after that date, both mine have shipped. Maybe it is cause you are close to CA? Also, UPS does ship on Sunday.

[quote name='Kendal']That sucks, I ordered one before and after that date, both mine have shipped. Maybe it is cause you are close to CA? Also, UPS does ship on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

UPS doesn't ship at all on Sundays, or Saturdays for that matter. I thought I was 100% sure on that, but now that it is in question I am only behind it 99.9%

bread's done
Back