Guitar Hero 2 Xbox 360 - free shipping, no tax, free bag, RedOctane.com!

[quote name='mr ryles']UPS doesn't ship at all on Sundays, or Saturdays for that matter. I thought I was 100% sure on that, but now that it is in question I am only behind it 99.9%[/quote]

I used to get shipments all the time on Sundays at EB Games when I worked there.

[quote name='mr ryles']UPS doesn't ship at all on Sundays, or Saturdays for that matter. I thought I was 100% sure on that, but now that it is in question I am only behind it 99.9%[/QUOTE]
from UPS.com

ITEM 754 PICKUP OR DELIVERY - SATURDAYS, SUNDAYS, HOLIDAYS OR NON BUSINESS HOURS

When shipper or consignee requests pick up or delivery on a Saturday, Sunday, Holiday or during non-business hours (See item 135), the service will be subject to a charge of $79.50 per man per hour, or fraction thereof, and a minimum charge of $318.00 per man per day. Such charges shall be in addition to all other applicable charges.

[quote name='Decker']from UPS.com

ITEM 754 PICKUP OR DELIVERY - SATURDAYS, SUNDAYS, HOLIDAYS OR NON BUSINESS HOURS

When shipper or consignee requests pick up or delivery on a Saturday, Sunday, Holiday or during non-business hours (See item 135), the service will be subject to a charge of $79.50 per man per hour, or fraction thereof, and a minimum charge of $318.00 per man per day. Such charges shall be in addition to all other applicable charges.
[/QUOTE]

well, I don't remember paying $318 for shipping. LOL.

[quote name='Kendal']When did you pre order the game?[/quote]

3/18 for me. People ordered a week before me and have the same problem. I do live in Southern Oregon though...but it would still take at least 2 days for delivery (that's how long newegg takes) and they are in same general area.

GuitarHeroII_01.jpg

Got it at Circuit City today, couldn't resist. I put a few more pics here:

http://www.maosaywhat.com

My Red Octane order is coming this Tuesday or Wednesday, so if any CAG members in the NYC area are interested in the game, I'll sell it for $80 (but the gig bag is mine). PM me if you're interested.

[quote name='nycnyc']
GuitarHeroII_01.jpg

Got it at Circuit City today, couldn't resist. I put a few more pics here:

http://www.maosaywhat.com

My Red Octane order is coming this Tuesday or Wednesday, so if any CAG members in the NYC area are interested in the game, I'll sell it for $80 (but the gig bag is mine). PM me if you're interested.[/quote]

wow i'm jealous....grr i want to play it today

[quote name='Secret Turtle']I tried Guitar Hero 2 on circuit citys website and it said not available for in store pickup :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

When did you try it? Because I tried it late Friday night and it said it was unavailable, but then it showed in stock at several CC stores on Saturday morning.

Did Red Octane cancel the free shipping coupon? I was waiting until today to order it and don't see their coupon code on the site anymore.

Anyone know if you can PM the CC GH2 with 1600 points at BB? I have gift cards and rewards zone "dollars" at BB but I'd like to get the 1600 points for free from CC.

UncleGuito:

I ordered yesterday and the code was gone too, even though it still says free shipping on the site. Thankfully I have been looking at that thing for a while and remembered the code "ghiixfreeship". The order rang up with free shipping, so, as of yesterday, the code still worked.

I just looked up the tracking number for my order and all it says is that it departed from Cerritos, CA on late Thursday/early Friday. Do you guys think they'll update this when they make the next stop or is it just a straight drive to the delivery spot?

[quote name='skychotic']I just looked up the tracking number for my order and all it says is that it departed from Cerritos, CA on late Thursday/early Friday. Do you guys think they'll update this when they make the next stop or is it just a straight drive to the delivery spot?[/QUOTE]

Mine said the same thing until this morning. Now it's in nearby Chicago... I live in southern Illinois. So yea, it's a straight shot. I doubt I'll get it today... but if I did that would be pretty sweet.

[quote name='skychotic']I just looked up the tracking number for my order and all it says is that it departed from Cerritos, CA on late Thursday/early Friday. Do you guys think they'll update this when they make the next stop or is it just a straight drive to the delivery spot?[/QUOTE]

Did you package originally ship from cerritos? or was it shipped to cerritos from somewhere else?

if it was shipped from cerritos and if mine ships today...i should get it tomorrow

[quote name='deejayfiggy']This is exactly what mine says. So I don't even know if it's been shipped. No tracking number, no email, nothing....[/quote]

Mine still says the exact same thing as it did last week too- "Warehouse" and it doesn't look like it's been updated since March 27th...you think if it shipped it would have shown shipped within, you know, 5 business days. Perhaps they aren't updating their computers...

Awesome. My game arrived in New Jersey about 30 minutes from where I live. Makes me wonder if I can call up UPS and pick up my game from their distribution center.

[quote name='Stingermck']Mine has arrived in NC, 3 hours away from my city....come on......[/quote]

a ME TOOO WE R TWINS

My order from the 20th of March has shipped. The last time I looked at its status, it was in my state. The delivery date is tomorrow.

[quote name='Gen04']My order from the 20th of March has shipped. The last time I looked at its status, it was in my state. The delivery date is tomorrow.[/quote]

Same for me, and the order is ~ 2 hours away for a drive...but it's in Chicago.

Well, I'm still "warehouse" and I hope that it's just not updated yet. I'll be very upset if it's not on my doorstep by tomorrow.

I am still on warehouse/shipped

Makes me a little angry based on the fact that EC people got theres much quicker, and RO is thinking time/distance will help us WCers.

Still warehouse for me and hasnt been updated since 3/30. I hope I get surprised and it actually comes tomorrow. Im in Az.

[quote name='Brymo']I am still on warehouse/shipped

Makes me a little angry based on the fact that EC people got theres much quicker, and RO is thinking time/distance will help us WCers.[/QUOTE]

Don't be irked--I'm on the EC and won't be getting mine until Wednesday, if the tracking info is to be believed, despite the fact that others, who ordered weeks after me, are getting their games today or tomorrow...

It's just life ;)

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Don't be irked--I'm on the EC and won't be getting mine until Wednesday, if the tracking info is to be believed, despite the fact that others, who ordered weeks after me, are getting their games today or tomorrow...

It's just life ;)[/quote]

Amen.

Mine is in Wyoming, MI. I didn't even know we have a Wyoming. Learn something new everyday. It is probably on the west side of the state. I hope to get my bag tomorrow.

Here was a message I just sent to them through their web based support form (I also only have listed "warehouse" for my three main items and "shipped" on the free shipping. I am on the west coast in AZ):

[quote name='Me']
Hello,

I pre-ordered the Guitar Hero II Single Player Bundle for the Xbox 360 back on March 9th. My order number is XXXXXX. I have been tracking the status of my order for a few days and noticed that it still says "Warehouse" for the status on the three main items. When I ordered this, it was stated that my pre-order would be shipped early enough to be received either on or before the release date of April 3rd. Has my item shipped yet? If not, I don't see how it will be arriving by tomorrow.

Can you please provide an update on this order? If it still has not shipped, I may decide to purchase the product in-store.

Thank you!
[/quote]
Here is their bizarre response:

[quote name='Red Octane']
so you may receive your order by or after the launch date of 4/3/2007. You will receive an email when your order ships.
XXXXX
Customer Service
Support Center
http://www.redoctane.us/support-center/
[/quote]
That first "sentence" isn't even one. I responded back that it appears my item has not shipped and I would like to cancel my order. Let's see what response I get back.

Mine's due on Wednesday after being placed waaaaaay back on February 3rd. It's weird how Red Octane is handling this. I think they may have underestimated the number of 360 and PS2 owners who passed on the PS2 version in favor of this one. Honestly, if I got it tomorrow, I wouldn't study for my wednesday classes so perhaps the delay is for the best.

Still pretty lame...

I mean I ordered before it was out, I should get it on release day.

Now it looks as to if I will get it by Friday.

Mine arrived in Secaucus this morning at 11:39 AM. According to the UPS site it's scheduled for delivery tomorrow - I'm sure it's wishful thinking that it's waiting for me at home right now... Tomorrow should be fun though!!

[quote name='Brymo']So really, NO one on the west coast has got a shippment or anything shipped yet.[/quote]

Exactly. All of their promises on their web page about "being the first" to receive the item were bogus. It appears as if they won't even be SHIPPING my item until the release date. Who knows when I'll get it.

I've had a few emails exchanged, and they like to point out that the page says on or after the release date. But I pointed out to them that it also states it will be shipped "as early as possible" and also that I would be one of the first to receive the product. Neither is obviously true as people who have ordered AFTER me are getting their product shipped before me.

I reailze that it is only a few days, but one of the reasons I pre-ordered from them was to get it as soon as possible (and the gig bag). Now it appears that I would have had better luck just walking in to a store and picking one up.

Very disappointing. I won't be ordering directly from their web site anymore.

[quote name='MC Hampster']Exactly. All of their promises on their web page about "being the first" to receive the item were bogus. It appears as if they won't even be SHIPPING my item until the release date. Who knows when I'll get it.

I've had a few emails exchanged, and they like to point out that the page says on or after the release date. But I pointed out to them that it also states it will be shipped "as early as possible" and also that I would be one of the first to receive the product. Neither is obviously true as people who have ordered AFTER me are getting their product shipped before me.

I reailze that it is only a few days, but one of the reasons I pre-ordered from them was to get it as soon as possible (and the gig bag). Now it appears that I would have had better luck just walking in to a store and picking one up.

Very disappointing. I won't be ordering directly from their web site anymore.[/quote]

I agree, it is very poor service.

I guess there is a east coast and west coast war after all.

Still Warehouse here since Thursday :( on the West Coast.

This is bull, if I don't have anything by tomorrow I'm going to get it from CC. I will email them to cancel it, but if they won't I will put a stop payment on my card for there order and refuse the package whenever it does eventually arrive.

[quote name='Brymo']Just e-mailed them.

Will ship no later than tomorrow.
Patty
Customer Service
Support Center

http://www.redoctane.us/support-center/

> IP:http://128.208.2.118/
>
> I was wondering when my order will be shipped.
>
> Thanks
>
>[/QUOTE]

BOO!

If my local wal-mart has this uy tonight or tomorrow and I still don't have mine from redoctane, I will just buy it from them and return the one from redoctane when it comes in.

west coast is getting shafted here it looks like. Everyone on the east coast has already had theirs shipped and told they will have it by 4/3 or 4/4. West coast we don't even now if they have been shipped yet.

bread's done
Back