Guitar Hero 5 - September dlc: Papa Roach, Godsmack and more!

[quote name='Corvin']Cool. Do you still need them in any of the other games? Aren't there similar ones in WT & GH5? What about Metallica? I guess I need to look them up again.[/QUOTE]

Yea, they love these "100% with a full band" & "8x multiplier with full band" achievements now. Pretty much every game after GHWT has had them. GHWT also has 100% on Hard or Expert, which I probably cannot do.

I have some of them, but I can't recall which ones right now. I'm willing to help though. If we can get all 3/4 people online we can do these achievements in GHWT/GH:M/GH:VH/GH:SH/GH:5 in probably less than an hour.

I'm up for some full band achievements. I can play guitar/bass on expert. I can do hard on drums if nobody else is home. But vocals, that's a lost cause, lol.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Yea, they love these "100% with a full band" & "8x multiplier with full band" achievements now. Pretty much every game after GHWT has had them. GHWT also has 100% on Hard or Expert, which I probably cannot do.

I have some of them, but I can't recall which ones right now. I'm willing to help though. If we can get all 3/4 people online we can do these achievements in GHWT/GH:M/GH:VH/GH:SH/GH:5 in probably less than an hour.[/QUOTE]

I'm out on Smash Hits, I just borrowed that one and returned it just the other day. I own the rest. What instrument do you play?

I do guitar/bass at hard/expert but I guess difficulty doesn't matter. I couldn't pull off the 100% expert anyway. I'm down for the others though. I can't sing for shit, and my drumming is passable in a 'fun' setting but not in a '100% the song' setting.

DeskLaser makes three, anyone out there want to partner up for some vocals? I'm out tonight, but could hook up Friday night. Looks like we're in the same time zone, which always helps.

How do vocals work over Live? Can only the singer hear themselves, or does their voice play over the other players' speakers/headset, or what?

Not positive, but I'm pretty sure only the vocalist hears their voice. You have to have a headset to hear over live.

Just jotted down most of the achievements as a quick reference and here is a rough breakdown of the easiest ones to be had:

GH:VH - 70
GH5 - 70
GH:M - 120
GH:WT - 200
GH:SH - 100

The Beatles: Rock Band - 50

That's 600 relatively easy gamerscore. Let the signups begin!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Matt Young']I haven't really been following this game, so forgive my ignorance, but if I buy it now, I cannot get Van Halen for free?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, unfortunately you had to purchase GH5 in September to get VH.

So:

Glock - guitar/bass
Corvin - guitar/bass
Ryuukishi - vox
desk laser - drums

How does Friday night sound? What coast are you on Ryu and Desk?

Missouri (Central time). Friday night sounds good!

I can do Expert vox on Beatles, the others it just depends on the song... I could probably muddle through on Medium if it's not a song I know, otherwise Hard or Expert.

[quote name='Corvin']So:

Glock - guitar/bass
Corvin - guitar/bass
Ryuukishi - vox
desk laser - drums

How does Friday night sound? What coast are you on Ryu and Desk?[/QUOTE]

It would have to be later on Friday for me. Probably after 11pm EST. Although I'm usually available anytime after 10pm EST most weeknights.

Instruments for me: Bass - X, Guitar - H/X, Drums - M/H, Vocals - Whatever (but I do have a fan which produces 100% on beginner vocals ;), which is all we will need for most of the GH achievements.)

Actually for the 100% achievements I could probably just rig up the mic/fan and let you guys play. For those we should all just play on beginner to get those over with.

Which other achievements did you include in those figures, Corvin? Can you list them?

I have all the instruments so I don't mind helping knock those out. (I already got them a few weeks back)
[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']
Which other achievements did you include in those figures, Corvin? Can you list them?[/QUOTE]

GH:VH
  • Complete Song w/full band
  • 50 note streak
  • 100% notes
  • All 4 players activate Star Power simultaneously
  • Get an 8x multiplier
  • Score 800k on Hot For Teacher
  • Won a song with Alex, Eddie & Wolfgang in the band

GH5
  • Max out band multiplier
  • Score 1 million as a band (? I'll have to check on this to see if it's doable)
  • Score 3 million as a band (? I'll have to check on this to see if it's doable)
  • Finish a song with 4 guitarists
  • Finish a song with 4 bassists
  • Finish a song with 4 drummers
  • Finish a song with 4 vocalists

GH:M
  • Get the highest score in the band
  • Band Hot Streak
  • 100% a song
  • Complete a song
  • Finish a song 4 player Expert
  • Score 1 million on Battery. (looking at achieve360points, this is attainable with everyone on hard and the vocalist on Med)

GH:WT
  • 50 note streak
  • 100% a song
  • highest score as a guitarist
  • highest score as a vocalist
  • get an 8x multiplier
  • Score 444,444 on Schism
  • Score 444,444 on Trapped Under Ice

GH:SH
  • highest score in the band
  • Complete a song
  • Complete any song on expert
  • 100% a song

TB:RB
  • Get an 8x multiplier
  • Get a Guitar, Bass and Drum unison bonus on the songs listed on the Achievements screen (6 songs)
  • Maintain Beatlemania for 60 seconds (a good one is Yellow Submarine)
  • Score 1,000,000 points in a single song. (a good one is Sgt. Pepper)

Not all of these were figured into the 600 estimate either. Most can be done in a song or two. I left off all the Band vs. Band and Pro-face off ones. Can you do co-op online in GHIII? Looked those up too and there are some to be had there (at least for me).

[quote name='Corvin']So:

Glock - guitar/bass
Corvin - guitar/bass
Ryuukishi - vox
desk laser - drums

How does Friday night sound? What coast are you on Ryu and Desk?[/QUOTE]

If you need a fill-in I'm available but I only have

GH:M
GH:5
GH:WT
Beatles

Still waiting to recieve my Van Halen in the mail its shipped but not here yet.

I can play Bass/Guitar most Expert(couple tracks I can't do)/everything Hard, Drums mostly hard, some expert, Vocals count me out I can't sing at all.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Does everyone at least have a guitar and microphone so we can knock off some of the '4 guitar'/'4 vocalists'/etc. achievements?[/QUOTE]

I have guitar/mic/drums. I have all the GH5 achievements, but I don't have a problem helping out the group while we are going for the rest of them.

I'll be on after the college game tonight, so probably 11:30-12 EST.

edit - the 1 and 3 million point achievements on GH5 are very easy. Even I can do Expert drums pretty well when the Auto-Kick cheat is turned on ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone still up for this tonight? Our Halo Vidmaster hunt took WAY longer than expected. I'm still good to go though if anyone is interested.

have they allowed for more songs to be exported from GH:WT and GH:Smash hits? since they only had half their songs to be exported to GH:5, I used my points to DL all songs from both games but they said that the rest of the songs from both games will be available for DL later, has it happened yet or do they still have the same set from when I first did the export from GH:WT and GH:SH.

[quote name='Corvin']Anyone still up for this tonight? Our Halo Vidmaster hunt took WAY longer than expected. I'm still good to go though if anyone is interested.[/QUOTE]

I would still like to do the full band achievements if possible. Is everyone available anytime this week? 10pm EST on Friday? Please post, PM, or friend me over XBL if you are interested and I'll organize everyone together.

WHAT THE fuck!!! I just got my "free copy of Guitar Hero Van Halen"... and it's in a fucking cardboard slip! Not the retail game, not even in a regular case saying "not for resail", a Cardboard slip like a demo disk would be in!!!

[quote name='Zmonkay']WHAT THE fuck!!! I just got my "free copy of Guitar Hero Van Halen"... and it's in a fucking cardboard slip! Not the retail game, not even in a regular case saying "not for resail", a Cardboard slip like a demo disk would be in!!![/QUOTE]

Dude, STFU, you got the game free and do what I did and slip the cardboard cover DVD into the inside of your GH5 case, left under the clips, presto.

[quote name='Corvin']I'm actually good for some tonight if there is any interest. Uncertain about Friday.[/QUOTE]

I just got my Van Halen over the weekend so I do have all the games now. I am still intertested in being part of the group if possible. I will not be available this Friday though as I have plans. If the group is still interested let me know. Thanks

[quote name='Corvin']We still haven't taken the time to do any of them so you haven't missed anything.[/QUOTE]

Anyone free to do these tonight? I have Corvin and Flybrione on my FL. I should be on around 7pm EST and be on the rest of the night. If you two are on I'll try to organize it. Any of the others that posted before interested?

I'd say it's worth no more than $20. It's a half-assed game. My thoughts:

I don't get the setup for this game at all. In Aerosmith and Beatles you play through the band's careers and Metallica gave you a cover band story. In this it's like a modern tour with a 22 year old Eddie, a hairless DLR who looks to be in the mid-30s range. Alex looks young and then there is some baby-faced meathead on bass(yeah, I know Wolfgang, ugh). So yeah, current tour using younger looking versions of themselves?? Oh and no DLR antics on stage.

Another couple of baffling things I've noticed. This game gives out star power like crazy. It's impossible to not 5 star a song(at least on hard). Nearly every song has sections of long sustains with star power so you rarely have less than a full meter the whole song.

Jump - my least favorite VH song. Well least is putting it nicely, I hate that fucking song and this game gave me even more of a reason to hate it. You play the synth part for pretty much the entire song.

Other little things:
Tutorial achievements? Really, again? We're almost a dozen games into the franchise and forcing us to do this shit again? Same with designing tattoos, guitars and shit that's done before. They really suck at coming up with achievements.

Sammy gripes aside, this game really should have had some more time in the cooker. It feels like they phoned this one in. You could actually tell the guys that crafted Metallica cared about what they were making. That's not the case here. Kinda makes sense why they're giving it away for free.

All that said, the Van Halen tracks are fun, and I guess that's what matters most, but everything else about it is terrible.

Thanks Draven...I'm still interested in it. I'm a VH fan (Dave or Sammy...both have their great songs), so I would love to play it.

Sorry I was not able to play yesterday but I play on Tuesdays with two of my very close friends and they can only usually play on Tuesdays and Thursdays due to schedules. I should be around tonight if you want to try to do some of these achievements. I know Glock sent me a message but I did not see it right away sorry about that.

Did anyone pick up Astro Zombies? Is it the version from "Walk Among Us" like the link on the GH5 website leads us to believe or a Danzig-less 2009 version?

Anyone else amped for the KISS DLC on the 19th? "Modern Day Delilah," "Lick It Up," and "I Was Made for Loving You." All sounds cool to me.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Anyone else amped for the KISS DLC on the 19th? "Modern Day Delilah," "Lick It Up," and "I Was Made for Loving You." All sounds cool to me.[/QUOTE]

Yes, except for "Modern Day Delilah".

[quote name='shieryda']Yes, except for "Modern Day Delilah".[/QUOTE]

It's not that bad! :) I seriously think it's not that bad of a song, but then again I'm a major KISS fan.

[quote name='Corvin']Not positive, but I'm pretty sure only the vocalist hears their voice. You have to have a headset to hear over live.

Just jotted down most of the achievements as a quick reference and here is a rough breakdown of the easiest ones to be had:

GH:VH - 70
GH5 - 70
GH:M - 120
GH:WT - 200
GH:SH - 100

The Beatles: Rock Band - 50

That's 600 relatively easy gamerscore. Let the signups begin![/QUOTE]

We lost momentum to get these 4 player achievements knocked out previously. Since people have probably picked up some new games and have some time off due to the holidays, is anyone interested in trying to do this again? We could knock out 3-400 PITA achievement points in a couple hours.

Shoot me a message on live or post here. Thanks!

Holy shit. There are some kick-ass songs coming in the next couple months:

TBA "Lonesome Road Blues" Joe Bonamassa Masters of Modern Blues Track Pack[27] TBA January 2010 TBA "Who I Am" Tyler Bryant Masters of Modern Blues Track Pack[27] TBA January 2010 TBA "Broken Man" Scott McKeon Masters of Modern Blues Track Pack[27] TBA January 2010 TBA "Holiday" Vampire Weekend Vampire Weekend Track Pack [27] TBA January 2010 TBA "The Kids Don't Stand a Chance" Vampire Weekend Vampire Weekend Track Pack [27] TBA January 2010 TBA "Cousins" Vampire Weekend Vampire Weekend Track Pack [27] TBA January 2010 TBA "Travelin' Band" Creedence Clearwater Revival Creedence Clearwater Revival Track Pack [27] TBA January 2010 TBA "Bad Moon Rising" Creedence Clearwater Revival Creedence Clearwater Revival Track Pack [27] TBA January 2010 TBA "Proud Mary" Creedence Clearwater Revival Creedence Clearwater Revival Track Pack [27] TBA January 2010 TBA "Laser Cannon Deth Sentence" Dethklok Metal Track Pack [27] TBA January 2010 TBA "Still I Rise" Shadows Fall Metal Track Pack [27] TBA January 2010 TBA "Twilight of the Thunder God" Amon Amarth Metal Track Pack [27] TBA January 2010
fucking Amon Amarth. My head has esploded.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']We lost momentum to get these 4 player achievements knocked out previously. Since people have probably picked up some new games and have some time off due to the holidays, is anyone interested in trying to do this again? We could knock out 3-400 PITA achievement points in a couple hours.

Shoot me a message on live or post here. Thanks![/QUOTE]

i'm not very good at, well, any of the instruments... so i wouldn't be helpful for getting stuff done on expert or something... but if you just need a warm body to be a 4th person, i have all those games and would be happy to stand in some night/weekend

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']We lost momentum to get these 4 player achievements knocked out previously. Since people have probably picked up some new games and have some time off due to the holidays, is anyone interested in trying to do this again? We could knock out 3-400 PITA achievement points in a couple hours.

Shoot me a message on live or post here. Thanks![/QUOTE]

I'm still down, but my 360 is in Mexico for repairs right now. I should have it back within the next week though.

I'm still down to mop up some achievements. I've got GH5, RB2, Beatles, GH: Van Halen, and GH: Smash Hits, and I just recently picked up a drum set.

Some good stuff coming for February:

Feb. 4: 30 Seconds to Mars pack

Feb. 11: Breaking Benjamin pack

Feb. 18: Black Sabbath pack

Feb. 25: Third Eye Blind pack

Wiki has been updated.

March DLC:

Each track pack will be available for 440MS Points (or 160MSP per song).
blink-182 Track Pack, available March 4th

• "First Date"
  • "All The Small Things"
  • "Adam's Song"
OK Go Track Pack, available March 11th

• "Here It Goes Again"
  • "Do What you Want"
  • "Get Over It"
Flogging Molly Track Pack, available March 18th

• "Requiem For A Dying Song"
  • "(No More) Paddy's Lament"
  • "The Seven Deadly Sins"