Guitar Hero Game/Controller Pack $35 at KMART - could be YMMV

duran603

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Just got back from the Kmart in North Miami Beach, FL and picked up a Guitar Hero with the game and controller included for just $35.00. The sticker said it was a clearance price. There was one left on the shelf. This could be YMMV. If this has already been posted, accept my apologies.

[quote name='D_Icon']What does YMMV mean? I've seen it on posts before. Its $69.99 at my k-Mart.[/QUOTE]
"your mileage may vary." the price may be different at your local store.

I called New Hartford, NY and was told $59.99. The woman I spoke to was friendly about it, so I didn't want to harass her about the difference between scanning it and just reading the tag.

I'll probably head in this weekend and use a self scanner if someone here can get me the UPC for the bundle :)

[quote name='FrankieFiero']Yup... $69.99 in Farmington Hills, MI[/quote]

Thanks Frankie - I wa going to hit there when I left Southfield today. You saved me the trip!

Checked one of the only KMarts left in CT and the game was in the glass case. The clerk checkd the price tag which said $69.99 and didn't scan it. But I had the UPC so I went to a self scanner and it still showed up $69.99 - No Joy in CT!

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I think it's time to edit the title and say "VERY YMMV" ;)[/quote]

i agree. no deal in mauldin, SC.

I went to the same Kmart and got the last one for $35. I'll probably trade the game since I only wanted to get the guitar. It seems to be a one of deal for Kmart that only this particular one has it for that price. That's where I got the first one a couple of months ago. The OP should change it to probably a regional thing here in Miami. Those around here may try to see if the store has any in the stockroom as the last time I went there they didn't have any on the floor.

Good luck to everyone.

[quote name='D_Icon']Come on guys, I'm a noob. Whats YMMV?[/QUOTE]

Your Milage May Vary - basically means that this deal may not be available everywhere.

If anyone can get this for $35, I will pay for shipping and a little for your troubles.

EDIT: Oh yeah, old decrept bitch wouldn't even scan the game to see if it rang up like that. Bitch.

Bitch.

Man i got some fat bitch with an attitude...She was like the prices are what's on the game...I was like ok fine, can you get the damn games so i can buy it....So she scans Spiderman 2 for the DS & OMG its not 29.99 but $2...She freaked out & thought i did something to it...Got someone else, probably a manger or something...They seem unsure to sell it but finally gave in...

Anyway, to stay on topic she also scanned Guitar Heroes & rang up 69.99, she seem very pissed & actually threw the game into the glass case...What the hell is wrong with customer service these days...

[quote name='rcaido']Man i got some fat bitch with an attitude...She was like the prices are what's on the game...I was like ok fine, can you get the damn games so i can buy it....So she scans Spiderman 2 for the DS & OMG its not 29.99 but $2...She freaked out & thought i did something to it...Got someone else, probably a manger or something...They seem unsure to sell it but finally gave in...

Anyway, to stay on topic she also scanned Guitar Heroes & rang up 69.99, she seem very pissed & actually threw the game into the glass case...What the hell is wrong with customer service these days...[/quote]

they have shitty jobs and have to deal with some horrible people so they just take it out on everyone.

[quote name='xboxowns']So is anyone going to post a UPC so it would be easier for us?[/quote]

Someone did in post #53.

[quote name='Roufuss']But what can you expect at K-Mart, most people there are dumb as rocks... I honestly hate the whole chain of dirty stores.[/QUOTE]

QFT.

Then again..... my ex-fiance works for K-Mart.

I just wanted to post an update for those who can't find anything at Kmart. I walked into my WM today and they had a huge bin full of clearance games( I never get lucky ever at WM). They had 15 guitar heros all marked to $40 each!!! I picked up 2(one for a friend). I would have gotten some for CAGers, but with shipping it would be like $50 for it, which isn't really much better than retail. Also, all games in the bin were $2-$10. The $5 games were mostly all 2005 Sports titles, Evil Dead, GT3, the video game 3 packs(crappy games), and a couple of greatest hits. They had tons of $10 games which included Jak2, Star Wars: Knights of the Republic, GC Sonic Heroes, True Crime, Spyros, Harry Potters, GBA Crash Bandicoot, and a lot more. I may head back later to see everything they had, but I'm glad I finally got Guitar Hero.

[quote name='tubtub']I just wanted to post an update for those who can't find anything at Kmart. I walked into my WM today and they had a huge bin full of clearance games( I never get lucky ever at WM). They had 15 guitar heros all marked to $40 each!!! I picked up 2(one for a friend). I would have gotten some for CAGers, but with shipping it would be like $50 for it, which isn't really much better than retail. Also, all games in the bin were $2-$10. The $5 games were mostly all 2005 Sports titles, Evil Dead, GT3, the video game 3 packs(crappy games), and a couple of greatest hits. They had tons of $10 games which included Jak2, Star Wars: Knights of the Republic, GC Sonic Heroes, True Crime, Spyros, Harry Potters, GBA Crash Bandicoot, and a lot more. I may head back later to see everything they had, but I'm glad I finally got Guitar Hero.[/quote]

Not that it would help me, but please post location.

Finally stopped by my locally K-Mart. After almost getting on my knees begging the woman who has NO clue on anything in that department at all I finally got her to open the case (which was damn funny all on its own) and scan it. It came up at the low low low low low low low low low... did I say LOW yet... absolutely LOW price of..... $76.99. :shock:

I said no thanks and left faster than I came in. Amazingly this isn't the first time I had encountered this employee before but I'll save that for the deals discussion thread.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Finally stopped by my locally K-Mart. After almost getting on my knees begging the woman who has NO clue on anything in that department at all I finally got her to open the case (which was damn funny all on its own) and scan it. It came up at the low low low low low low low low low... did I say LOW yet... absolutely LOW price of..... $76.99. :shock:

I said no thanks and left faster than I came in. Amazingly this isn't the first time I had encountered this employee before but I'll save that for the deals discussion thread.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Demolition Man']
Then again..... my ex-fiance works for K-Mart.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like an interesting plot.

My K-Mart is loaded with the biggest rejects in the world. I called and the first lady picked up and i asked how much is GH for the ps2 she forwarded me to their electronics unit. So i asked the kid and said how much is GH..He said "what its that...?" "is that like for the playstation or something?" he went to go check and never cameback after 10 minutes... waste of time with these people...

[quote name='starman9000']Sounds like an interesting plot.[/QUOTE]

She works at a different location than the one I frequent.

(And saying I "frequent" any K-Mart is stretching it a LOT.....)

[quote name='Demolition Man']She works at a different location than the one I frequent.

(And saying I "frequent" any K-Mart is stretching it a LOT.....)[/QUOTE]

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I saw Guitar Hero for $40 at a pawn shop..complete and everything...I can't decide if I want it or not. $40 is like forty $1 bills, and forty $1 bills is like 4000 pennies. Thats expensive.

[quote name='whoknows']I saw Guitar Hero for $40 at a pawn shop..complete and everything...I can't decide if I want it or not. $40 is like forty $1 bills, and forty $1 bills is like 4000 pennies. Thats expensive.[/QUOTE]

But it's only 2 twenties, or 1 check.

[quote name='starman9000']But it's only 2 twenties, or 1 check.[/QUOTE]
Or if I pay with a $50 I get $10 back. Thats like making money :lol:

[quote name='Roufuss']:rofl::rofl::rofl:[/QUOTE]

All laughter aside I wasn't joking about how often I frequent - on in this case - NOT frequent K-Mart. I don't think I need to get into how ghetto and ugly the stores look, their idea of "customer service" is beyond terrible (no offense to you Roufuss, I don't even need to vBookie that you were better than 99.9% of the rest of the company), their prices are horrible as proven by GH being $76.99, the store layout is a clusterfuck that makes NO sense at all since I swear Ray Charles himself did the layout.

How the hell has this company not only stayed in business as long as they have but managed to buy out a far better company as in Sears is beyond me. Let me put it this way.... I would much rather be shopping at (Not So) Best Buy than K-Mart. And you folks all know how I feel about (Not So) Best Buy.

Decided to try finding this myself, while I was at two seperate k-marts in the southampton and mayfair areas of pennsylvania.

Both rang for 76.99..I was a sad ninja. The prices for the other games I picked up made up for it though.

[quote name='Demolition Man']All laughter aside I wasn't joking about how often I frequent - on in this case - NOT frequent K-Mart. I don't think I need to get into how ghetto and ugly the stores look, their idea of "customer service" is beyond terrible (no offense to you Roufuss, I don't even need to vBookie that you were better than 99.9% of the rest of the company), their prices are horrible as proven by GH being $76.99, the store layout is a clusterfuck that makes NO sense at all since I swear Ray Charles himself did the layout.

How the hell has this company not only stayed in business as long as they have but managed to buy out a far better company as in Sears is beyond me. Let me put it this way.... I would much rather be shopping at (Not So) Best Buy than K-Mart. And you folks all know how I feel about (Not So) Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

I've gone in about 7 K-Mart's in the last week... each store was progressively worse than the last. And yea, gotta love the store layout and how it changes based on each and every store. In one store, electronics is next to the women's clothing, in another store its next to the bicycles.

I ran into alot of bitchy employees, one woman kept refusing to price check a clearance game telling me "the tag says $29.99, the tag says $29.99" and I said "Well, that's great, nobody probably updated the tag from two years ago". She glared at me, did a price check, it came up $10, and she promptly shut her mouth.

[quote name='Roufuss']I ran into alot of bitchy employees, one woman kept refusing to price check a clearance game telling me "the tag says $29.99, the tag says $29.99" and I said "Well, that's great, nobody probably updated the tag from two years ago". She glared at me, did a price check, it came up $10, and she promptly shut her mouth.[/QUOTE]

Reminds me when I called a week ago asking what the price on the "Grease: Rocking Rydel" edition was as the ad stated "low price." I swear I got the same woman as I got when trying to get the price for "Guitar Hero" as it was the same Engrish accent. Then again with K-Mart you never know how many people working there are like this.

Anyways I had to repeat to her nearly a dozen times the name "Grease" and that it was in the ad saying "low price." She then told me to "look in the ad it should say the price." Okay that makes a LOT of sense after I just got done saying that it says "low price" in the ad to tell me to LOOK in the same said ad and it just might say the price.

I finally got her to grab a copy from the shelf after having her look in her own ad and telling her exactly where to look. She then read the price of the packaging. I said... "well can you scan it and see what that says?" She then argued saying "its $14.99 it says so here." I finally managed to get her to scan it...

The scanned price.... $6.99. :D

What's very funny is that as I was leaving K-Mart after I checked the price on "Guitar Hero" they had a sign up wtih positions they are hiring for. One of them was for.... you guessed it... electronics. Given how badly its run now I can't think they can hire anyone who could run it worse than it is now. :lol:

bread's done
Back