Guitar Hero II - General Disscusion - Indie Pack #2 - 3 Songs Up Now

OH fuckING HELL YES! I finally got the 500,000 point achievement!!! Thanks so much modium, the strategy worked like a charm. I missed one note and had half a bar of star power left at the end. :D My final score was 500,215; got through that bitch by the skin of my teeth.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Sounds like you have a busted guitar. IIRC, the back button does not activate star power on the 360 version.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see. I'm so used to the PS2 version, I simply assumed. I seem to have fixed the issue though. I believe the tilt sensor was "stuck". I lifted it to activate star power, and it wouldn't, so I slapped the back of the guitar real hard a couple times, and now it works fine.

I do have another problem though. The wammy bar works fine, but the bar itself swivvels to easily (ie, I lift for star power, and the bar ends up pointing down). It is very stiff on my PS2 controller, so does anyone know any mods to fix that or any links to how to open up the controller? I'm thinking maybe some clear nail pollish may tighten it up, as it works good for loose joints on ball joints of action figures (such as Transformers).

Thanks

Thanks GenDV138. And now my back button does work, so it must have been due to the tilt sensor being stuck that the back button didn't work, maybe? Very strange, but it works now, and I may try opening it up and seeing if I can't get the wammy bar to stay better.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Thanks GenDV138. And now my back button does work, so it must have been due to the tilt sensor being stuck that the back button didn't work, maybe? Very strange, but it works now, and I may try opening it up and seeing if I can't get the wammy bar to stay better.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, my star power doesn't activate easily and it doesn't work when I hit the back button. Maybe I just need to smack the controller a bit? :D

Good tips for 500k on Expert with X-Stream, thanks for posting that modium! I got around 400k before I knew about that, tried a bunch tonight and got up to 483,000 even using modium's strategy. I can get around 450k consistently, just keep screwing up at some random point. Hopefully I can break 500k tomorrow.

okay so. I got the game new, it worked for a week, then i started getting "disk is unreadable" when i play songs like six or something.

I refurbished it when game innovations skipDR or whatever, from radio shack (that was like $45) it worked fantastic for an hour, but was unreadable shortly after

is this my disk or xbox?

My friend came over to play some co-op. (hes not that good) Playing co-op with a friend adds a ton to the game. And makes me want GHIII that much more. I got 3 achievements.
8x streak - 10pts
200k Pair - 30pts
100 note streak - 30pts

If I had someone alittle better than we could have gotten the 500 note streak and 100% perfect co-op song...oh well.

[quote name='buttasuperb']finally got the 1000 note streak

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s47/1234rockfacts/monkeywrenchhfc.jpg

i dont think ill be playing that song ever again

also getting closer to 5 starring six, which is the last song i need to 5 star on hard. about 10k away now.

the goal is to get to 17mil total score on hard before the 80s version is released. im a little over a 100k away.[/quote]

Nice Job man! That 1000 streak is not an easy achievement to get.

This was posted over at scorehero.

In the August 2007 issue of Alternative Press Magazine, it was confirmed that the song "Devotion and Desire" by Bayside (band) will be one of the new downloadable songs in mid-July.

So I guess the 360 is getting some new songs. I still hope for a few more GH1 songs as well as the 80s songs, but if it doesn't happen, I still got a PS2 so its not that big a deal. The game looks and sounds better on 360 though, which is why I'd especially prefer the 80s version be realeased as DLC.

Edit: Oh yea, finally 5 starred Six and got over 17 mil total on hard. I don't think I can get to 18 mil.

[quote name='Zurezo']My friend came over to play some co-op. (hes not that good) Playing co-op with a friend adds a ton to the game. And makes me want GHIII that much more. I got 3 achievements.
8x streak - 10pts
200k Pair - 30pts
100 note streak - 30pts

If I had someone alittle better than we could have gotten the 500 note streak and 100% perfect co-op song...oh well.[/QUOTE]
dont know if it will help but cant you set your friend to easy so he/she doent miss as many notes?

I've now 5* every medium and beat every hard song except Carry me Home (and Freebird but cant even attempt it yet). I don't know that ill ever beat Carry Me Home though :(

[quote name='Staind204']I've now 5* every medium and beat every hard song except Carry me Home (and Freebird but cant even attempt it yet). I don't know that ill ever beat Carry Me Home though :([/QUOTE]

Same here. I haven't gotten a chance to play much, but I'm in the same boat when I play. If I beat it, it'll be some sort of miracle.

[quote name='Staind204']I've now 5* every medium and beat every hard song except Carry me Home (and Freebird but cant even attempt it yet). I don't know that ill ever beat Carry Me Home though :([/quote]

Go play the first couple tiers of expert, then go back to that song and it should be a lot easier.

Well I beat Carry Me Home last night. I butchered the intro a lot but after that it wasn't too bad. I only got to try free bird 3 times (the last one i would have probably beat it since i failed at 78% and had full star power, I hate when the damn game doesn't register when you tilt the guitar). You guys think it will be easier to try and 5* hard mode or just beat Expert (dont know that I will ever be able to do either one)?

[quote name='Staind204']Well I beat Carry Me Home last night. I butchered the intro a lot but after that it wasn't too bad. I only got to try free bird 3 times (the last one i would have probably beat it since i failed at 78% and had full star power, I hate when the damn game doesn't register when you tilt the guitar). You guys think it will be easier to try and 5* hard mode or just beat Expert (dont know that I will ever be able to do either one)?[/QUOTE]

beating expert.

[quote name='mr ryles']beating expert.[/quote]

I'll have to agree.

I beat Expert but there are still at least 5 songs I cannot 5 star on Hard. Hell I could barely even 4 star Psychobilly Freakout.

[quote name='Staind204']Well I am on my 4th Tier on Expert now. I still need to beat Free Bird on Hard though (Damn guitar solos at the end :whistle2:()[/QUOTE]

you should go back and play it now, after all that time at expert on hard it should seem a little easier.

You were right, went back and beat it first time. I am now stuck in the expert tier on Bad Reputation, Tattoed Love Boys (got to 98%) and Rock & Roll Hoochie Koo. It's unbelievable how playing this game again and again makes you so much better. I remember not too long ago I was struggling with just beating certain songs on Medium and now I'm half way through expert!

I just booted the game up for the first time in about 3 weeks, was prompted for an update.

Anyone else get this, and if so, what did it fix?

[quote name='Flyersfan']I just booted the game up for the first time in about 3 weeks, was prompted for an update.

Anyone else get this, and if so, what did it fix?[/quote]
Whammy bar issues I believe.

[quote name='Mattte']Whammy bar issues I believe.[/QUOTE]

that is the only update I ever remember there being, but that was over 2 months ago. It could just be an issue with your 360 not loading the update.

Every time I play gears of war I have to download an update, it's like my 360 isn't saving it or something.

Track Pack #4:
The Ramones: "I Wanna Be Sedated"
Foghat: "Smoke on the Water"
Judas Priest: "You Got Another Thing Comin'"

500 Points: Looks like they're happy with all the packs they sold at $2+ per song. Great.

Yep, fuck em. What a fucking joke.

Horrible. I knew the reason for the long delay was to let it boil over, and then it won't look like you're spending so much because it's spread out over a long period of time.

Meh, fuck these song packs.

I'm going to get Rock Band, the drum kit, and strap the microphone to my head.

Looking like an idiot trying to multitask = ftw.

I just dominated my high score on Arterial Black on hard, raised it by I think 40k in a day. Up to 192k :D

I'm catching up to you Sammyfez... Just give me a couple more months and I got you.

I'm about to snap this game in half. I played Psychobilly Freakout for 1.5 hrs today and still can't beat it. I usually fail at 50-70% (assuming I dont fail at the beginning) Furthest I got was 88%. I may just give up, I get way too pissed off playing this game. It isn't even fun anymore.

Activision to stick to "Guitar Hero" song price 2 hours, 31 minutes ago

Activision Inc. said on Thursday it had sold more than 300,000 downloadable song packs for its hit "Guitar Hero II" music game, giving it confidence it will not have to lower prices despite outrage at the cost among some game fans.

"It's been a tremendous success for us," said Dusty Welch, head of publishing for Red Octane, a "Guitar Hero" developer that was bought by Activision last year. "Demand seems to be insatiable."

In the "Guitar Hero" games, players hit colored buttons on a guitar-shaped controller in time to rock songs playing on the screen. The ability to sell additional songs online allows Activision to continue to profit from the games after players have completed the original songs.

Activision began offering three packs of three songs each in April priced at $6.25, but gamers quickly took to online forums and blogs to vent their anger at the cost.

Despite the outcry, Welch said the fact that Activision had sold more than 300,000 song packs indicated that current prices were "very attractive and desirable for consumers."

"We do actively look at and monitor the message boards. We do listen, and for us, it's about offering even better music at current price points to get consumers excited about."

Shares in Activision rose 4 cents, or 0.2 percent, to $19.29 on the Nasdaq.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070712/wr_nm/gamesexpo_activision_dc;_ylt=ApxJtTdQy_TT9_YHguMnK1MK77EF

Using the famous words of Battlestar Galactica:

Activision can go Frak themselves.

Or in other words, fuck you Activision

Edit: I also read that Major Nelson was trying to invite Activision to his show to discuss the feedback. Sadly but obviously, they declined.

I smell boycott?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']If you're one of the 300K or so that they claim purchased the DLC...thanks for ruining it for the rest of us :bomb:[/quote]

Sorry.... I used the free 1,600 points I got when I bought the game.... really wish I hadn't now. I played those songs maybe twice each.

Must be nice to just wake up, release a bunch of stuff from a year ago and make $1.8M. If they keep making ~$1M for each song pack they might as well milk it for all it's worth. Sucks.

Sorry i got the song packs :(

I wouldnt have but i had 8,000 MS points from free sites and nothing to do with them. I also shared the songs with a friend though if that helps.

I play Killer Queen every single time i boot the game up though, so that would have been worth it even if i paid out my pocket.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']If you're one of the 300K or so that they claim purchased the DLC...thanks for ruining it for the rest of us :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I was drunk and wanted to play BATM one night...

[quote name='LinkinPrime']If you're one of the 300K or so that they claim purchased the DLC...thanks for ruining it for the rest of us :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I was drunk and wanted to play BATM one night, and a friend gave me a 4000 point card for tutoring him in math...

bread's done
Back