Guitar Hero II - General Disscusion - Indie Pack #2 - 3 Songs Up Now

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']Practice.[/QUOTE]
yea, id say ive done a fair bit of that. id think itd be easier/better to hammer on the higher key, but it seems i do slightly better actually hitting both.
anyway thanks i guess.

[quote name='paz9x']i cannot 5 star psychobilly freak out or the living end song.
ive got into the 80k range on psycho but no luck.
any tips on consistantly hitting the green/red and red/yellow fast parts?
those are what get me, i cant keep a high multiplier.[/quote]

it was said earlier in this thread somewhere, but EVERY answer to your guitar hero problems IN-GAME (not hardware) is.... practice.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Funny enough, Warrant agrees with you.[/QUOTE]
Well I sure don't. IN COME YO' DADDY STANDIN' SIX FOOT FOUR SAID YOU AIN'T GONNA SWING WITH MY DAUGHTER NO MORE

[quote name='ajh2298']Do you think this game is worth keeping if I know I will never be any better than the medium setting at the most?[/QUOTE]

I've had both GH games for the PS2 for a long time and once and awhile I'll get the urge to pop them in and play a song or two I like. So yes I'd say it's worth keeping.

I had one of the "bad" runs of guitars and had to return it to BB. At first, I was annoyed that they had no more copies in stock and was not able to get a replacement. I'm still waiting, but after hearing these horror stories regarding the patch, I'm actually glad I don't have it yet.

[quote name='King']Did you try downloading the patch? It fixes whammy bar porblems.[/QUOTE]

Actually, there seems to be reports that it isn't fixing the whammy bar issue completely. Not only that but it seems to be bricking systems as well.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']I can't pass Stop on hard. I eventually just gave up and moved on to another game.[/quote]

Yea, that one took me awhile, I just beat it. Just do the practice on slower once, than slow once, to get the easier parts somewhat down. Then get star power and save it till you absolutely need it. I think I got by with like 63%.

hard is pretty hard towards the end but not too bad its all about looking ahead and learning the timing of every song. Than again I play drums so that might be a tad easier for me, but keep trying man with practice you'll master it. STOP is quite possibly one of my favorite songs considering our band covers it and its hard enough for me to sit in my seat and play that song sitting down on the drums. I want to run around and jump.

WHERE DO WE GO NOW AWH AWH AWH AWH AWH AHW WAWAWAWAAAAAAA

can't get that song out of my head.

AND HOLY SHIT I JUST PLAY SIX FOR THE FIRST TIME ON HARD! I've never played that song at all. JESUS

**just beat six on hard** wow just wow. I aced the solo. I dont think i've ever felt that cool.....I love how guitar hero makes you think you're actually playing so when you hit it you feel like you just destroyed the actual song.

[quote name='Ronin317']I'm afraid to plug this game in tonight with all the problems going on with the update...[/QUOTE]
dont be a puss =)

ehh. I'd rather not risk it. I think I'll just wait until they release another patch to fix the patch....

Although I was able to play for a couple days after the update with no problems.

played co-op with a buddy for probably a good 4-5 hours the other day after the update, then another hour or two yesterday, and no problems for me.

man I just saw an AWESOME chart for that Children of Bodom song, Needled 24/7, is there any chance we'll be seeing custom songs on the 360 version maybe?

Ya know, I never thought I wouldn't be jealous of the 360 GH2 players, but after all the shit that's gone down, I'm glad I got the game my rusty old PS2 like 6 months ago. :D

I'll be posting my GH2+guitar in the trade forums probably tomorrow when I finish up hard after work. I don't have the patience right now for expert or to try to 5 star everything.

Let me know if you are interested and what you would pay for it.

Overall I give the game a 92/100...only thing that seems to be lacking is more songs...but that will be coming soon.

[quote name='blackjaw']I'll be posting my GH2+guitar in the trade forums probably tomorrow when I finish up hard after work. I don't have the patience right now for expert or to try to 5 star everything.

Let me know if you are interested and what you would pay for it.

Overall I give the game a 92/100...only thing that seems to be lacking is more songs...but that will be coming soon.[/quote]

Consider yourself PM'd!!

[quote name='paz9x']dont be a puss =)[/quote]

Normally, I wouldn't be, but I'm 2 games away from winning the Stanley Cup on NHL '07 with the Pens on all-star mode, and if I have to send my 360 in because GH2 killed it, I'd go crazy.

No Hockey = Crazy Ronin

[quote name='Ronin317']Normally, I wouldn't be, but I'm 2 games away from winning the Stanley Cup on NHL '07 with the Pens on all-star mode, and if I have to send my 360 in because GH2 killed it, I'd go crazy.

No Hockey = Crazy Ronin[/quote]

I just won the Stanley Cup with the Flyers in NHL 07, effectively putting the game away until the next NHL game comes out. I probably played NHL 07 more than any other game I have.

:cool:

I have a feeling the update "killing systems" is overblown.

I must be the odd man out...I've had no whammy problems, no update problems, and I'll take this version over the PS2 one 11 times out of 10.

[quote name='Flyersfan']I just won the Stanley Cup with the Flyers in NHL 07, effectively putting the game away until the next NHL game comes out. I probably played NHL 07 more than any other game I have.

:cool:[/quote]

Flyers winning the cup? They have to do some serious work in NHL08 to try and make the game more realistic because that is just unbelievable.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I have a feeling the update "killing systems" is overblown.

I must be the odd man out...I've had no whammy problems, no update problems, and I'll take this version over the PS2 one 11 times out of 10.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've been saying the exact same thing. Whenever a patch for a game is released, a few people's consoles will die and they'll automatically point the finger at the update instead of MS for making shitty hardware.

Just go to the game forums on Xbox-Live and you'll see the same thing for almost any title there: "OMG, I just downloaded the new update and it fried my system!!!!"

I did have whammy bar problems but I fixed that before the update by taking my guitar apart. I'll take the 360 version over the PS2 any day though. The Live scoreboards are what do it for me. (#3,507 and climbing for Career mode - not counting bonus songs)

[quote name='norkusa']I did have whammy bar problems but I fixed that before the update by taking my guitar apart. I'll take the 360 version over the PS2 any day though. The Live scoreboards are what do it for me. (#3,507 and climbing for Career mode - not counting bonus songs)[/QUOTE]

haha, you and I keep battling back and forth on the overall leaderboard. did you pass me up again?

[quote name='buttasuperb']haha, you and I keep battling back and forth on the overall leaderboard. did you pass me up again?[/QUOTE]

I need to get in on this competition! I'll add you guys to my friend list when i get home.

[quote name='buttasuperb']haha, you and I keep battling back and forth on the overall leaderboard. did you pass me up again?[/QUOTE]

Haha! You know, I was going to send you a message last night talking some shit after passing you for the 3rd or 4th time. I wasn't sure if you were paying attention to the scoreboards though, so I didn't want you to be like 'wtf?' if I sent one.

It's funny you're keeping track too though. Every time a beat one of my pervious high-scores, I'll go straight to the scoreboard and see if I'm ahead of buttasuperb. We're literally neck and neck!

zolaman48 has us both beat though. he's got around 94,000,000. You're next man!

I just saw this on the Activision customer support page:

"If you are unable to connect to the Internet, or do not have an Internet connection in your home, please contact our customer service department to receive a replacement version of the game. We are currently in the process of re-manufacturing the game and expect to have new copies of Guitar Hero II for the Xbox 360 available shortly. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

They must be pretty sure about the patch if they are now including it in the retail copies of the game.

Here's a link to the page:
Activision
It says it was updated on 4/14.

I still haven't had time to play the game yet, and I bought it on launch day! I waited to play it on X360, so I never tried it on PS2 either. Even after all of this mess with the whammy and DLC pricing, I am dying to play this. Soon...

[quote name='jrt1138']I still haven't had time to play the game yet, and I bought it on launch day! I waited to play it on X360, so I never tried it on PS2 either. Even after all of this mess with the whammy and DLC pricing, I am dying to play this. Soon...[/quote]

You haven't had time to play since launch day? What the hell are you doing wasting your time posting on online forums then? :p

[quote name='norkusa']Haha! You know, I was going to send you a message last night talking some shit after passing you for the 3rd or 4th time. I wasn't sure if you were paying attention to the scoreboards though, so I didn't want you to be like 'wtf?' if I sent one.

It's funny you're keeping track too though. Every time a beat one of my pervious high-scores, I'll go straight to the scoreboard and see if I'm ahead of buttasuperb. We're literally neck and neck!

zolaman48 has us both beat though. he's got around 94,000,000. You're next man![/QUOTE]

yea, good times.

i'm getting closer to my ceiling in this game though. finding it tougher to find songs i can significantly improve my score in. im not sure if ill ever be able to 5 star the later songs on hard, and a bunch of the songs on expert.

finally got the 500 note streak on heart shaped box on expert. still trying to FC it.

[quote name='buttasuperb']finally got the 500 note streak on heart shaped box on expert. still trying to FC it.[/QUOTE]

Heh, I was wondering when you'd get your 500 note achievement. I actually FC'd Heart Shaped Box last night on Hard for the first time. Going back and forth between those green and orange keys are pretty trick but it helps if you've got giant gorilla hands like me :p

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']You haven't had time to play since launch day? What the hell are you doing wasting your time posting on online forums then? :p[/quote]
I know. I need to get a hold of my life! :D

Actually, initially I was up against a deadline. But then I decided to hold off opening it up when all the whammy issues turned up. And then the update/bricking news turned up soon after. So I've been in "wait and see mode," looking for updated information.

But I tend to think that this is probably similar to the issues that came up with Gears of War (and Oblivion, etc.) It's probably more of a coincidence combined with a not-particularly-well-designed console.

I think my early-adopter days are over. I waited for a GBA SP with the brighter screen and a black DS Lite. I probably should have waited for an XBOX 360 Elite. And I've still never seen a Wii in a store, so that helps. I can't afford a PS3 either. So, yeah...

And now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

I actually saw guitars in stock at a local Best Buy on Tuesday, but no game bundles. Target had game bundles, but no seperate guitars. So at least stock is still making it's way to stores. I don't know how long it's lasting on shelves 'tho.

So, am I dumb or do the bonus songs that you buy through career mode not count towards your score on the leaderboard? Because if so, I've wasted a lot of time....

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']So, am I dumb or do the bonus songs that you buy through career mode not count towards your score on the leaderboard? Because if so, I've wasted a lot of time....[/quote]I think there's a check box to say "campaign only" or somethnig. Not certain is turning that off includes those songs or just the scores one the normal songs in quick-play.

[quote name='daroga']I think there's a check box to say "campaign only" or somethnig. Not certain is turning that off includes those songs or just the scores one the normal songs in quick-play.[/quote]

Yea you can check the leaderboards with bonus song points turned on/off. By default the scores are for the 40 regular mode songs.

[quote name='magiic']Is there any strategy to the hard songs. Im getting my ass kicked :([/QUOTE]
i feel you, like a bunch of others have said, i was moving right along, and then woman slapped me in the mouth.

[quote name='magiic']Is there any strategy to the hard songs. Im getting my ass kicked :([/quote]

1) Figure out which part(s) it is you are having trouble with and practice them a few times in practice mode.
2) Save your star power for the parts that you have trouble with and use it to get through.
3) Practice.

Anyone trying to exchange there guitar with red octane. I had requested the return over 10 business days ago, and still haven't heard anything...activision won't do anything about it...sorry if someone else has mentioned this before, i was out sick most of this week

[quote name='ryanbph']Anyone trying to exchange there guitar with red octane. I had requested the return over 10 business days ago, and still haven't heard anything...activision won't do anything about it...sorry if someone else has mentioned this before, i was out sick most of this week[/QUOTE]

The customer service is really weak. The phone service only has one line that will disconnect you when no one picks up. Email service isn't much better. The only way I got a response was to threaten some action. Due to a return problem I had with them in the past, I refused to mail the guitar back unless they were willing to send me one first. Which they refused to do.

hahahahaha.......i finally 5-starred psychobilly freakout on medium.
im back to getting my ass kicked on hard, i dont think ill ever be able to complete hard, its pretty rough on me.

[quote name='terribledeli']The customer service is really weak. The phone service only has one line that will disconnect you when no one picks up. Email service isn't much better. The only way I got a response was to threaten some action. Due to a return problem I had with them in the past, I refused to mail the guitar back unless they were willing to send me one first. Which they refused to do.[/QUOTE]
so what did you end up doing?

bread's done
Back