Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - 8/21 Dragonforce Track Pack

[quote name='Corvin']and Vesuvius... two fake bands. (I do love GLaDOS though. :))

GHIII has given us these for free:
God of War II - The End Begins (to Rock)[/QUOTE]

Was this PS3 only to counter 360's free Halo theme?

Too bad its not Highway to the Dangerzone. I will still enjoy it a bit though.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Was this PS3 only to counter 360's free Halo theme?

Too bad its not Highway to the Dangerzone. I will still enjoy it a bit though.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but it's still worth mentioning, IMO.

BTW, it's Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins.

Anyone try out the Top Gun Anthem yet? I heard it was made by steve ouimette who made devil went down to georgia and we three kings. Im at work so cant check it out yet. But if it is made by him it will probably have crazy ass solo's which i love.

[quote name='sleepy180']Anyone try out the Top Gun Anthem yet? I heard it was made by steve ouimette who made devil went down to georgia and we three kings. Im at work so cant check it out yet. But if it is made by him it will probably have crazy ass solo's which i love.[/QUOTE]Speaking of We Three Kings... how mind-numbingly awesome would it be if they released "Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24," as performed by Trans-Siberian Orchestra, for a holiday-themed download this year??? Come on Activision... DO IT!

Pretty much sounds like the original to me, except the tempo is slower if I recall correctly.

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=U71jXjV_qB4p[/media]

[quote name='BustaUppa']Speaking of We Three Kings... how mind-numbingly awesome would it be if they released "Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24," as performed by Trans-Siberian Orchestra, for a holiday-themed download this year??? Come on Activision... DO IT![/QUOTE]

I had that request down before the We Three Kings track we got. :(

The song is slooow.

2 minutes of easy sloow BLEHH

35 seconds of awesome guitar solo's

2 more minutes of sloow BLEHH

Song gets a 4/10 from me. (The solo bumps it up 3 points)

I enjoyed it, thus far the easiest DLC song. That solo took me by surprise, It's probably the reason why I really enjoyed it.

Soothsayer's solo1 sounds nasty then solo 2 also just as hardcore + the song is like 9minutes long. Surfing with the Alien is just as awesome, I am definitely gonna this pack up. Way too many badass solos

[quote name='shieryda']Love me some Satriani. Might have to dust off my copy of GH3 and get this pack. Still only 2 out of the 3 could be considered "legends", but I'm not complaining.[/quote]

You severely underrate Buckethead.

Open up the neck and slide the computer chip out (at the bottom of the neck) and move it forward about a 1/16th of an inch, slide it back in and put the neck back together.

This does not void the warranty, btw.

[quote name='Corvin']Open up the neck and slide the computer chip out (at the bottom of the neck) and move it forward about a 1/16th of an inch, slide it back in and put the neck back together.

This does not void the warranty, btw.[/quote]

Thanks man...I'll try that. How long is the warranty on these by the way...had it since GHIII released.

http://kotaku.com/5028460/dragonforce-song-pack-due-next-month-for-guitar-hero-iii

"Dragonforce song pack will be released for Guitar Hero III on August 21. It'll contain three songs: "Heroes Of Our Time", "Operation Ground And Pound" and "Revolution Deathsquad"."

did someone recently kick activision in the ass? Viruoso track pack im buying tomorrow and now dragonforce... If this keeps up all the way to GH4 it might be worth actually getting if they keep releasing good dlc. Rockband 2 looked like a clear winner going into this second half of 2008...i know its early but this is looking very promising for guitar hero.

[quote name='Kyattsuai']Perhaps they're finally understanding GH3's niche in it being a ridiculous challenge in the guitar-controller genre.[/quote]

I think thats what it is, GH is for the Ass Hard songs and really good players with super fast hands.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Thanks man...I'll try that. How long is the warranty on these by the way...had it since GHIII released.[/QUOTE]

I think it's only 30 days. I looked into getting one replaced last December. You have to pay shipping both ways. It's fucking ridiculous. Might as well just buy a new guitar.

As bjwdestroyer once said about Raining Blood expert "Then Mosh 1 happens. You suddenly feel violated like a 14-year-old Japanese girl on a commuter train heading to Tokyo."

thats how i feel every time a solo happens in this track pack. Its pretty chill & easy & fun...until you hit a solo. I would make some videos if i didn't do so f'n poorly on the solos. Its embarrassing x.x; Definitely gonna be playing these for awhile.

Grabbing the Virtuoso Pack now, can't wait. I think I'll be getting GH4 just for the drums and creating tracks since that's totally me since I drum and make tracks on the PC lol.

[quote name='naiku']As bjwdestroyer once said about Raining Blood expert "Then Mosh 1 happens. You suddenly feel violated like a 14-year-old Japanese girl on a commuter train heading to Tokyo."

thats how i feel every time a solo happens in this track pack. Its pretty chill & easy & fun...until you hit a solo. I would make some videos if i didn't do so f'n poorly on the solos. Its embarrassing x.x; Definitely gonna be playing these for awhile.[/QUOTE]

agreed. I can do amazingly well on Hard, but on Expert, DAMN! I almost got bored with surfing with the alien on hard, but on expert, that damned, forsaken solo that's just a cluster fuck of trills...

I LOVE THIS PACK>>>>> IT RAPES MY FINGERS BUT I KEEP WANTING MORE.

I failed every song on the first solo even with starpower but man is this shit fun. I cant wait for the next track pack on august 21st too. Its a dragonforce track pack.

Hooray! They finally get it!

These recent DLC additions make sense, Coldplay does not. And I'm not even knocking Coldplay, it just doesn't scream "guitar solos", does it?

This is the best pack so far. 5* Buckethead, 4* the other 2. Took me about 2 tries each just to pass, kept getting hung up on the solos. Hoping to 5* all 3 by the end of the weekend.

noobish question - how do I play bass in single player? I wanted to try some bass tracks to ease my way into hard mode. Can you only select bass in multiplayer, or am I just missing something?

You won't be able to do it in career mode or quickplay. What you'll have to do is go into "Training" and select "Practice." From there you can select either Lead, Guitar, Bass, or Rhythm depending on the song. Rhythm parts are sometimes harder than Lead/Guitar parts so try to stay away from those. Just find a few songs you like and play those on bass.

This pack is gonna be insane. Hopefully as fun as Fire and Flame, but I honestly hope they are playable and don't go overboard. I'll wait for some vids on youtube before I jump.

I'll preface this by saying I can beat all hard songs on GH3 (except fire and flames) and about half on expert.

I bought the Dragonforce pack today and its very enjoyable, but it's definitely not as hard as Through the Fire and Flames. I beat all 3 of the songs on hard on my first try. Thinking I was suddenly a lot better than I thought I was I played Fire and Flames and lost very quickly. That said, they are 3 fun songs to play.

yeah im with you Zmonkay, i can't even beat TTFAF on medium best i've ever got was 17% into it... i suck at GH.. but i love the game... why download the songs if i can't even get close to beating them...

I've beaten expert aside from Lou, and 5-starred most tiers. That said, the Dragonforce DLC pack is way beyond my abilities on expert. On hard they're very doable though, I think most players will be able to get by on the difficulty under their max. And also, the songs themselves are kickass speed metal heaven, as well as a clever way to release a single off their new album.

Operation ground and pound is my new favorite song to play on here. All beaten on expert but only one is a 4 star.

Thanks for all the oppinions everyone. I'll prolly pick it up tonight. I can expert almost every song (TTFAF is one I cant, sadly) but I can do well on TTFAF on hard, so this pack should be fun.

If I didn't have an injured left pinky right now, I'd be trying to 5 star these songs. I did download it though, but I may have to wait a week or two before I can actually play them :cry:.

bread's done
Back