Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - 8/21 Dragonforce Track Pack

[quote name='DT778']do you have to stuff it with a shit ton of AA's?[/quote]

My guitar lasted about 3 weeks of regular play with 2 AA's.. Seems to be pretty good on battery life.

I'll ask again, because I need to know pretty quickly...but do they have the wireless LP bundles at Wal-Mart, or does Wal-Mart only carry Xplorers?

[quote name='specialk']I'll ask again, because I need to know pretty quickly...but do they have the wireless LP bundles at Wal-Mart, or does Wal-Mart only carry Xplorers?[/QUOTE]

WalMart and Sam's Club only carry Xplorers for the 360.

If you try to launch GH3 with the Rock Band guitar plugged in, it won't proceed until you unplug it, even if you aren't trying to use it. That sucks :(

I'm going to have to blast my buddy about that when I see him tonight, not that it's his fault LOL.

Stepped up my game tonight and took care of "One" and "Number Of The Beast" on Expert. Now only "Raining Blood" remains... heh. *Twitch*

[quote name='tcrash247']I'd love to know how you consider Mastodon emo.[/QUOTE]

Or LP . . . or Used . . .

The LP song's not that bad. Horribly easy, yes, pretty generic, yes. But at least it fits the the new corporate GH like a glove

So do you think most people are getting GHIII for their Holiday gift or do you think they are going with Rock Band? I saw a ton of Rock Bands tonight at WM so I guess the idea that it would be scarce this xmas wasn't that true. Are people still having trouble finding GHIII? I can't believe it is sold out on Amazon. They are all over the place in stores here.

^ dude, do you really need to post the same thing in multiple threads daily? People get it. :lol:

[quote name='Michael Corvin']^ dude, do you really need to post the same thing in multiple threads daily? People get it. :lol:[/QUOTE]:applause:

In fact, I was about to post telling him that he deserves some kind of commendation for spamming so continuously and effectively, but I ended up finding something else to do at the time.

Holy shit I have been updated on this game Linkin park is awesome, but it is in a stupid back I really want it though. Anyone know how it is to play??

[quote name='Michael Corvin']^ dude, do you really need to post the same thing in multiple threads daily? People get it. :lol:[/quote]

Sorry, maybe I went a bit overboard yesterday, but its a game on multiple systems and many people dont look at the individual system threads if they do not have the system. Oh well, gotta represent CAG anyway we can! ;)

[quote name='DT778']Anyone have an idea as to when they are going to sell the wireless guitar on its own?[/quote]

They said Early 2008.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Finally beat Career on Hard today.
Most of the achievements are ludicrous and I know I can't beat it on Expert, so...
now what?[/quote]

Practice the songs. Beat it on Expert.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Sorry, maybe I went a bit overboard yesterday, but its a game on multiple systems and many people dont look at the individual system threads if they do not have the system. Oh well, gotta represent CAG anyway we can! ;)[/quote]

I finally joined today. LobsterJohson was taken so I signed up under my XBL name.

[quote name='infamyRISE']After watching the video for the Warner pack, I'm getting weak.

$6+ for Sleeping Giant? I might have to do it....

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Finally beat Career on Hard today.
Most of the achievements are ludicrous and I know I can't beat it on Expert, so...
now what?[/QUOTE]

5 star all of hard?

I'm about to break down and buy the new song pack, but I'm ashamed. So very ashamed....

EDIT: Eh, after watching the trailer for the pack, I don't know. That LP song really, really sucks.

this is my conclusion after beating both rock band and guitar hero.

Rock Band is more about the music and has a more authentic feel to it.

Guitar Hero is more about the note charts and making them challenging even if it means tossing in extra notes when they shouldn't be there.

[quote name='mr ryles']this is my conclusion after beating both rock band and guitar hero.

Guitar Hero is more about the note charts and making them challenging even if it means tossing in extra notes when they shouldn't be there.[/QUOTE]
exactly. guitar hero is also about making more money on awful dlc. the more i play rock band, the more i regret my guitar hero purchase.

[quote name='mr ryles']this is my conclusion after beating both rock band and guitar hero.

Guitar Hero is more about the note charts and making them challenging even if it means tossing in extra notes when they shouldn't be there.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty accurate. Not that Guitar Hero is bad at all...it's great, but it's way more about crazy note charts.

[quote name='mr ryles']
Rock Band is more about the really shitty music and has a more authentic mainstream, generic, MTV-infused circle-jerk feel to it. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='bigdsinferno']exactly. guitar hero Rock Band is also about making more money on awful by removing good songs from the game and replacing them with shitty ones in order to make more money with dlc. [/QUOTE]

Went ahead and fixed both posts for ya.

Downloaded the Unviersal Music Pack. Man, I had problems with Linkin Park and The Used being grouped with Mastodon, but until you play the pack you really realize it is quite possibly one of the most dumb group togethers done. It could've been a million times better if it was just a Mastodon pack, but something like Linkin Park for sake of simplicity should be in Rock Band (not trying to bash on Rock Band or LP, but let's be honest they don't exactly have the most "complicated" guitar work of alot of bands out there). Plus LP and The Used over Black Dhalia Murder and other bands that are more deserving (yes, I know not under the label, but c'mon I want something less pop sounding from RedOctane)? The hell? Hell, last I checked Rammstein was under the Universal label and I wouldn't mind something like Amour on there.

The individual european songs i'll admit, I'm having alot more fun and accepyting of. Though I mostly say this simply because I hope if it does well enough we'll get a Johnny Truant pack (life fulfilled if I get "I Am The Primitologist Mr. Robert Sapolsky").

Wow. Just finishing up GH3 and started on GH2. Is it me, or is GH2 way better? I'm early in it, but those first tracks are phenomenal. I really love Heart Shaped Box.

The Les Paul controller is great. Much, much better than the PS2 controller I got with GH1.

I think I knew more of GHII songs out of the box. I'm sure the more I play GHIII I'll learn to love the songs...but for there I didn't know as may of them right off the bat.

I don't know why so many people act like GH III is a piece of shit. It's a great game. Is Rock Band better? HELL YES!

However, I feel like if you buy one and not the other you are still missing out. While Rock Band has a lot of good songs, so does GH III. Songs like Black Sunshine, Paint It Black, Prayer for the Refugee, My name is Jonas, La Grange, Before I Forget, Stricken, Cliffs of Dover, Can't Be Saved, My Curse, She Bangs the Drum, Nothing For Me here, and The Way It Ends are all songs that are awesome to play (give or take of course) and warrant a buy.

As far as the DLC goes, the Warner/Reprise pack was NOT that bad. The Linkin Park song is a bit bland (still fun though), but Pretty Handsome Awkward and Sleeping Giants are damn fun songs in my opinion.

well..i agree that guitar hero isn't a piece of shit it's just guitar hero II, but not as much as fun and nothing really added (online isn't fun).
The dlc, however, is complete shit... pay more for shittier songs.. they don't include vocals or drums, so i'm not sure how they can continue to justify their prices. I guess they're still under this veil that allows them to feel that they are not competing with rock band.

[quote name='Cursor']Wow. Just finishing up GH3 and started on GH2. Is it me, or is GH2 way better? I'm early in it, but those first tracks are phenomenal. I really love Heart Shaped Box.

The Les Paul controller is great. Much, much better than the PS2 controller I got with GH1.[/quote]

I like both games alot and I have found that after playing GHIII, that GHII seems much easier. I was able to finally finish up Hard on GHII. There is no doubt that GHIII is much harder and playing through it makes you better.

The Les Paul does rock. I use it for GHII, GHIII and Rock Band!

[quote name='bigdsinferno']I guess they're still under this veil that allows them to feel that they are not competing with rock band.[/QUOTE]

Well the 5+ million sold* of GHIII vs. a few hundred thousand of Rock Band seem to back that up. That's not a competition, that is a fucking ass whoopin'. Until Rock Band is on a level playing field, they can charge whatever they want because they can.

*or whatever crazy ass number it is

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I'm about to break down and buy the new song pack, but I'm ashamed. So very ashamed....

EDIT: Eh, after watching the trailer for the pack, I don't know. That LP song really, really sucks.[/quote]They really chose the worst Lp song. Should have been faint.

GH3 is a piece of shit. There are some fun songs to play, but I quit the game for good after I downloaded that boss pack. There is nothing fun about going up and down the buttons over and over and over again as fast as you can. TTFaF, Cult of Personality, Raining Blood, Boss Pack, Halo theme, We three Kings...kiss my ass.

And what a slap in the face to include a great band like Mastodon with bottom of the barrel dog crap like Linkin Park and The Used. Wake up, idiots. If you want us to buy your stuff, the least you can do is bundlefuck us gently and offer us packs of ONE BAND or AT LEAST IN THE SAME GODDAMN GENRE. :bomb:

[quote name='mr ryles']Guitar Hero is more about the note charts and making them challenging even if it means tossing in extra notes when they shouldn't be there.[/quote]

heh, I have been going through Expert (after getting completely stonewalled at Raining Blood and One in Hard - I will NEVER be able to beat them) and I got to Paint It Black and I was like WTF? I'm being asked to hit notes that don't exist in the song!!

[quote name='Corvin']Well the 5+ million sold* of GHIII vs. a few hundred thousand of Rock Band seem to back that up. That's not a competition, that is a fucking ass whoopin'. Until Rock Band is on a level playing field, they can charge whatever they want because they can.

*or whatever crazy ass number it is[/quote]

That prolly has something to do with the price tags

[quote name='Corvin']Well the 5+ million sold* of GHIII vs. a few hundred thousand of Rock Band seem to back that up. That's not a competition, that is a fucking ass whoopin'. Until Rock Band is on a level playing field, they can charge whatever they want because they can.

*or whatever crazy ass number it is[/QUOTE]

Ya, but Corvin, that's like saying "The 360 is outselling the Wii" in December of 06. Rock Band is SOLD OUT. The BB my Mom works at can't get them in fast enough.

I think Rock Band will end up outselling GHIII, but it will take some time. A lot of people went software only for GHIII (like myself), which is a pretty tough pill to swallow on RB. The price is so much more, a lot of amateur gamers are probably trying out GHIII before they lay down $150+ on RB.

I'd say right now you're right, GHIII is beating RB in sales, but RB has only been out a month, and GHIII has been out like 3.

bread's done
Back