Guitar Hero III @ RedOctane Free Shipping and Extras X360, Wii, PS3, & PS2

coldlight

CAGiversary!
RedOctane's store has Guitar Hero 3 pre-order bundles up with free shipping:

http://redoctane.com/gh3.html
[quote name='RedOctane.com'][FONT=arial, helvetica]*Pre-Order Terms and Conditions
We will ship out your order as early as possible so you will be one of the first to receive this product. Your credit card will be authorized. However we will not charge your credit card until the item is shipped...
[/FONT] [/quote]

[quote name='Pookymeister']Hold the presses - code: Vgmusic = 10% off[/quote]
vgmusic code DEAD

:360: Elite Bundle $109.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:360: Extreme Bundle - $99.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:wii: Elite Bundle $99.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:wii: Extreme Bundle - 89.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps3: Elite Bundle $109.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps3: Extreme Bundle - $99.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps2: Extreme Bundle - $89.99 +Tax(If Applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps2: Extreme 2P Bundle- $149.98 +Tax(If Applicable) w/Free Shipping

The regular priced bundle labeled 'extreme' includes the following free bonuses:

Custom 2" Guitar Strap
Dual Gig Bag
Key Ring

For an extra 10$ you can get the 'elite' bundles which includes the above items as well as:

Guitar Hero T-Shirt
Guitar Faceplate

I pre-ordered Guitar Hero 2 for the 360 from them, and even though the free shipping is ground, they shipped it early so it arrived on the street date.

Hope this helps someone, the freebies are pretty decent.

**I did a search for this on deals forum and couldn't find it posted, if it has please lock this post.

(LinkinPrime Edit: Added direct links to all versions)

[quote name='Troz1820']Mine still shows online as "In Warehouse", however... this was just delivered by UPS! :D

gh3.jpg
[/quote]

I don't see a picture of the extra faceplate...did you get one? It was supposed to come with that fiery looking one on the top left:
GH3Elitexbox360.jpg

I didn't get mine. Just wondering if I was the only one that didn't.

Also FYI: To those planning on buying the stand alone game and doing a swap once you receive your RedOctane one, the game has no UPC, it says not for resale.

Faceplate is only the Elite bundle. Looks like that guy didn't get the shirt either, he just got the normal bundle (game bundle + pin, strap, gig bag).

*Sighs* The tracking order for mine updated today and it says its been shipped. Only thing that sucks is that im scheduled for delivery for Friday 11/02. I preordered on the 19th of September too. Stupid ps3 version.....

I still have not gotten an email, but my order tracking page has been updated. Everything now says shipped and there is a tracking number. All you guys who have not gotten anything, be sure to check again.

My scheduled delivery is November 1st. So... I will be one of the first to play Guitar Hero 3 in November. :whistle2:#

[quote name='Rocko']Faceplate is only the Elite bundle. Looks like that guy didn't get the shirt either, he just got the normal bundle (game bundle + pin, strap, gig bag).[/QUOTE]
Exactly, I decided on getting the game too late to get the Elite bundle. I was only planning on getting Rock Band but am glad I didn't stick to that plan. The battle mode online is a ton of fun!

i got my email at 8 PM eastern today the 26th and it says
Scheduled Delivery: 10/29/2007 Shipped To: KELLER, TX, US Shipped/Billed On: 10/25/2007 Service: GROUND Weight: 7.30 Lbs

PS2 version

I called my mama and asked if there was a big package (dirrty!) for me at home...she said there is. Whee! I e-mailed them about the t-shirt sizes as well but didn't mention that I needed a small. Oh well another gaming pajama shirt for me :(

Just recieved my shipping email at 5 am, apparently it's supposed to arrive 11/01. I don't know if I can wait till then!
:bomb:

Yay, got a shipping confirmation. Hopefully they shipped via Priority or First Class so I can receive it sometime later next week.

Just got an email late last night that mine had actually shipped on the 25th (even though yesterday afternoon the RO site still said "in warehouse"). As of 12:03 am this morning it is in a town about 15 miles away (though it still says scheduled for delivery on Mon)! Hopefully I'll get it today.

Also, yesterday evening the doorbell rang and UPS was dropping off a big box! I was so excited, until I opened it up and it was the damn kitchen sink we had ordered last week. I have never been so disppointed to get a package in my life.

Ah, just read my order status. My shipment got delayed due to a late train and now it's not scheduled to come until Tuesday. Not terrible, but if it were not for that delay...

Ugh, still in "Billing Information Received" hell. Which means RO hasn't actually shipped it, they just let UPS know about it. I'll be lucky to get it by the 5th.

Oh well, I can wait for the free bag. I just started playing Kingdom Hearts 1 on the PS3.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']
Also FYI: To those planning on buying the stand alone game and doing a swap once you receive your RedOctane one, the game has no UPC, it says not for resale.[/quote]To clarify, the actual big box has a UPC on it, so one could buy a bundle in store, and return this one, correct?

Probably not going to bother since Z&W has sucked me in, but this is an altogether annoying situation nonetheless. I think I'll express my annoyance to them on the phone once I get the package.

[quote name='botticus']To clarify, the actual big box has a UPC on it, so one could buy a bundle in store, and return this one, correct?[/quote]

ya i would love to know this too.....I'm assuming the box is wrapped or something....probally under the cardboard, right?

Mine Is scheduled for delivery on Monday but it is in Chicago where i live. Does anyone know if there is a way for me to go pick it up today?

Even if it comes a couple days later than release day, I would gladly order from Red Octane again if they give me free stuff. The bag/keychain/strap and free shipping are worth getting the game a day or two later.

Oh, and botticus, by Z&W you mean Zach and Wiki? Is it very good? It looks like it could either be pretty fun or kind of dumb, lol.

From 8-31...[quote name='Rocko']You're one of the few bad reports. It's not like there's 50 people saying "ZOMG STAY AWAY". Sorry you had a bad experience, but it seems like they're generally pretty good.[/quote]

And today...[quote name='Rocko']Sweet. Still no shipping info!

I'm never ordering from RedOctane again, that's for sure.[/quote]

:lol:
;) I'm sorry dude...I've been reading the last 3 pages and laughing my ass off. I really feel bad for all of you guys that are getting stiffed by them...at least the early reports on the guitars this time is that they're 10X better than the 360 Xplorer, so you won't have to deal with customer service after the fact, which was a whole different nightmare than the RO Store CS...

I tried to warn my fellow CAG's...I think most of you are pretty alright, and didn't want to see RO fuck you over again...but like a battered wife, it was all okay and wouldn't happen again.

I guess I'm not getting it today even though it's only a few miles away, because I just found out that UPS ground doesn't deliver on Saturdays :(

[quote name='Ronin317']From 8-31...

And today...

:lol:
;) I'm sorry dude...I've been reading the last 3 pages and laughing my ass off. I really feel bad for all of you guys that are getting stiffed by them...at least the early reports on the guitars this time is that they're 10X better than the 360 Xplorer, so you won't have to deal with customer service after the fact, which was a whole different nightmare than the RO Store CS...

I tried to warn my fellow CAG's...I think most of you are pretty alright, and didn't want to see RO fuck you over again...but like a battered wife, it was all okay and wouldn't happen again.[/quote]

:roll:

It seems like this is quite different from your situation, though. Not getting the game in street date isn't my problem. My problem is their fucked up shipping queues, or lack thereof. If everyone got the game in two weeks I wouldn't really care, it's just to fact that people who ordered two days ago got theirs shipped before me.

[quote name='Rocko']:roll:

It seems like this is quite different from your situation, though. Not getting the game in street date isn't my problem. My problem is their fucked up shipping queues, or lack thereof. If everyone got the game in two weeks I wouldn't really care, it's just to fact that people who ordered two days ago got theirs shipped before me.[/quote]

That's exactly what happened to me, and a bunch of other CAGs. Their shipping notification is pretty much garbage, as is their order status. Street date is part of the problem, so I'm missing how it's different.

[quote name='Rocko']:roll:

It seems like this is quite different from your situation, though. Not getting the game in street date isn't my problem. My problem is their fucked up shipping queues, or lack thereof. If everyone got the game in two weeks I wouldn't really care, it's just to fact that people who ordered two days ago got theirs shipped before me.[/QUOTE]

Did you e-mail the adress that LP posted about a thread back? I did that and they responded promptly (they are closed during the weekends) and even tho my thing said it was in "The Warehouse" it had been shipped for 2 days and they hadn't updated it. So that could be your case too.

I emailed them before they opened Friday and got no response. I didn't expect much, though, since when I emailed them about free shipping it took three tries to get an email that wasn't canned.

Street date has nothing to do with the problem.

[quote name='thedrizzle4']Mine Is scheduled for delivery on Monday but it is in Chicago where i live. Does anyone know if there is a way for me to go pick it up today?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know that, too.. If I could go pick it up, it'd make my weekend.

[quote name='red flare graf']I'd like to know that, too.. If I could go pick it up, it'd make my weekend.[/quote]More than likely not. The UPS sorting facilities (where you can arrange to pick up your packages---different from UPS stores where you can drop off packages for shipment) are closed Saturdays and Sundays, at least in my area.

[quote name='botticus']To clarify, the actual big box has a UPC on it, so one could buy a bundle in store, and return this one, correct?[/quote]

Yes thats correct, big box has upc and its taped on both sides, no shrinkwrap.

[quote name='red flare graf']I'd like to know that, too.. If I could go pick it up, it'd make my weekend.[/quote]

1-800-PICK-UPS

But I doubt that they'll let you do this, their sorting facilities are usually huge warehouses and it takes them a while to find a package, sometimes the do it for a fee.

They usually have to try to deliver the package at least once before they will allow you to pick it up, at least thats what I remember from when that happened to me.

[quote name='M1C13']They usually have to try to deliver the package at least once before they will allow you to pick it up, at least thats what I remember from when that happened to me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I've done before.

UPS.com says the facility is closed, so oh well.

does anyone know how the faceplate looks? i know the one in that tiny picture looks weird like grren and red. I know they are subject to change so does anyone have pictures of the final deisgn?

Argh.

Its sitting at the processing plant about 12 miles away from me. I wish they would let just people go pick it up, if they don't want to deliver them on a sunday.

[quote name='klingon666']All you crybabies out there,i did not get my Halo 3 game till a full week after the release date,talk about lame. Thanks lionsgames you suckkkkkkkkkkk.....[/quote]

Very interesting you should say this. I just checked your delivery confirmation number and it shows you got your game delivered on 9/27. That is two days after street date and you only paid for first class shipping not priority. You saved $20 off retail and got your halo in 3 days according to my tracking. I am sorry you are not happy with that service.

FYI for some odd reason the street date got changed at the last minute to sunday 10/28. Pretty stupid street date if you ask me since there is no delivery on that day.

[quote name='liongames']Very interesting you should say this. I just checked your delivery confirmation number and it shows you got your game delivered on 9/27. That is two days after street date and you only paid for first class shipping not priority. You saved $20 off retail and got your halo in 3 days according to my tracking. I am sorry you are not happy with that service.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Still no damn shipment e-mail or change in status in it in general, so I just bought it today from Best Buy during midnight release (yay, two copies for two different systems...I have a horrible problem!). Guess I'm going to return it once it ships in...whenever that is and I live in goddamn Colorado which seems to be where theyre all shipping from or center of it all.

On side note: got the Smashing Pumpkins les paul face plate and goddamn it looks friggin nice.

Bardock, you may just want to refuse the shipment when it comes. When they receive it back, they'll most likely credit your account. At least that way you don't have to pay for return shipping.

can i still order and get the bag and keychain and stuff
or does it not count as a preorder anymore?

thanks

[quote name='Kingfalcon']Bardock, you may just want to refuse the shipment when it comes. When they receive it back, they'll most likely credit your account. At least that way you don't have to pay for return shipping.[/quote]
If anything, was just going to bring my Best Buy reciept and the GH3 I get from Red Octane and get my money back that way. Thanks for the suggestion though.

[quote name='bardockkun'].

On side note: got the Smashing Pumpkins les paul face plate and goddamn it looks friggin nice.[/QUOTE]

Where did you get the pumpkins face plate?

[quote name='almasy82']where did you get that faceplate? I am wondering as well[/quote]

Best Buy ad this week advertises lots of different faceplate on front page for 14.99 each. They have Panic! At the Disco, Fall Out Boy, Alive Cooper, Motley Crue, Korn, and Smashing Pumpkins.

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']Best Buy ad this week advertises lots of different faceplate on front page for 14.99 each. They have Panic! At the Disco, Fall Out Boy, Alive Cooper, Motley Crue, Korn, and Smashing Pumpkins.[/QUOTE]
You forgot Kiss, which was the best (and funniest) one.

Yeah, what they said.

Though I didn't see any at Best Buy like the ones on the back of the 360 bundle. Just the band specific ones.

I got an email today (weird, even their emails must be queued to deliver days later) in response to my inquiry about why it was taking so long to ship, and as of that email it was apparently still in the final stages of shipping, about to leave the warehouse. Picked up my Best Buy preorder, and will return my RO order there when it gets here. Some day.

[quote name='orntar']hows the quality if the faceplate's? how do they attach?[/quote]
First of all, the faceplates are nothing like those sticker type ones from GamerGrafix or whatever for the PS2 SG. Second to put them on, you basically just need to detatch the neck and take the normal default 360 guitar faceplate off (the black with white outlines one) and just snap it on. They're pretty thin and made of plastic and honestly they shouldve been $10 at most, but they do make a big difference in looks for the les paul (as in waaaay bigger improvement in how it looks).

I'll try and post some pics. later.

bread's done
Back