Guitar Hero III @ RedOctane Free Shipping and Extras X360, Wii, PS3, & PS2

coldlight

CAGiversary!
RedOctane's store has Guitar Hero 3 pre-order bundles up with free shipping:

http://redoctane.com/gh3.html
[quote name='RedOctane.com'][FONT=arial, helvetica]*Pre-Order Terms and Conditions
We will ship out your order as early as possible so you will be one of the first to receive this product. Your credit card will be authorized. However we will not charge your credit card until the item is shipped...
[/FONT] [/quote]

[quote name='Pookymeister']Hold the presses - code: Vgmusic = 10% off[/quote]
vgmusic code DEAD

:360: Elite Bundle $109.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:360: Extreme Bundle - $99.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:wii: Elite Bundle $99.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:wii: Extreme Bundle - 89.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps3: Elite Bundle $109.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps3: Extreme Bundle - $99.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps2: Extreme Bundle - $89.99 +Tax(If Applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps2: Extreme 2P Bundle- $149.98 +Tax(If Applicable) w/Free Shipping

The regular priced bundle labeled 'extreme' includes the following free bonuses:

Custom 2" Guitar Strap
Dual Gig Bag
Key Ring

For an extra 10$ you can get the 'elite' bundles which includes the above items as well as:

Guitar Hero T-Shirt
Guitar Faceplate

I pre-ordered Guitar Hero 2 for the 360 from them, and even though the free shipping is ground, they shipped it early so it arrived on the street date.

Hope this helps someone, the freebies are pretty decent.

**I did a search for this on deals forum and couldn't find it posted, if it has please lock this post.

(LinkinPrime Edit: Added direct links to all versions)

There have been way too many issues. Some people have not even had theirs shipped yet! And those who bought the elite are not even getting the faceplates. You would think they would know how many orders they got in for Elites, especially since they even had it as out of stock for a time.

If they were upfront and say to the people who ordered the items what was up, then there would not be any trouble. I am getting mine delivered tomorrow and I really do not care about the wait thanks to the free stuff, but boy... Do they need to revamp their customer service!

[quote name='InvaderZim']So... work for RedOctane do you?

Tell your boss that it's good business to get pre-orders to people within a few days of it's release. Not a week later. Getting a game that someone preordered 2 months in advance a week late it poor business.[/quote]

This always happens. There is always 1 prick who makes some grand-stand post about how we (the customers) are a bunch of silly morons (etc etc).

For those of you who didn't get a faceplate, did it say it shipped on your orders page? My order page shows everything shipped except a few extra faceplates that were for whatever reason added to my order and then cancelled.

[quote name='Rocko']For those of you who didn't get a faceplate, did it say it shipped on your orders page? My order page shows everything shipped except a few extra faceplates that were for whatever reason added to my order and then cancelled.[/quote]

Mine also says everything shipped. But alas, I will find out tomorrow. Hopefully it is includeed!

[quote name='Rocko']For those of you who didn't get a faceplate, did it say it shipped on your orders page? My order page shows everything shipped except a few extra faceplates that were for whatever reason added to my order and then cancelled.[/quote]
Yeah, mine said shipped. A quick email to RedOctane and I got a order confirmation a day later:

Line
Code Description Quantity Status Track
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1GHFP1 Guitar Hero Les Paul Faceplate - PS3/XB3601 warehouse not available

[quote name='Rocko']For those of you who didn't get a faceplate, did it say it shipped on your orders page? My order page shows everything shipped except a few extra faceplates that were for whatever reason added to my order and then cancelled.[/quote]I'd assume the Wii version is okay. Our orders have a cancelled faceplate (the 360/PS3 faceplate was included in the Wii bundle), and then a second faceplate for the Wii version.

[quote name='RotJ']The Wii version's Dolby Pro Logic II is broken. It only outputs in the center channel. I'm pretty sure stereo isn't working either. Everything in the game appears to be mono.[/quote]

You're right. My receiver is only outputting the center, and I noticed after I read this...No wonder I didn't like how it sounded...I just use a non-PLII sound for now..try a "hall" equalizer or something that echoes a little bit. I think it sounds nice. But yeah, DPLII is broken.

By the way, does anyone feel that the fret buttons are a bit different than the 360 Xplorer? My wii guitar buttons feel a little alot more stiffer..

[quote name='InvaderZim']So... work for RedOctane do you?

Tell your boss that it's good business to get pre-orders to people within a few days of it's release. Not a week later. Getting a game that someone preordered 2 months in advance a week late it poor business.[/QUOTE]

No, I don't work for RO but I have worked in place that produced and shipped 100,000s of items each day....day in and day out, so I might have a tiny insight in nature of distribution logistics. The fact that someone else might get their product a bit faster than you is not some personal vendetta against you but rather the result of the variations in stock location, truck loading, and other factors....In the real world, just because you ordered first doesn't mean you'll get always get it first. Just because the truck for the drop shipment for asscrack, USA isn't at the dock and that was order #1 doesn't mean the whole organization stops until that truck shows up. Just because you ordered two months in advance has no bearing on how soon it will get out the door, because all the orders up to the launch date need to go out the door and what ever works the easiest and most efficient way of getting ALL those orders out the door (assuming there is enough stock to fufill all the orders) will be the way they ships out, order sequence be damned.

Now if people are getting short changed, that's one thing (and I'm sure people would be bitching even louder if they held the entire order until the faceplates arrived), but it seems most people are getting their orders in a reasonably timely manner given RO's location and UPS ground shipping speed. If you ordered it from Amazon on Sunday with (non-prime) free shipping, when would you have it?...that's the measure you should be using for delivery guideline. And that's probably overly harsh measure since Amazon ships a ton of stuff every day and has multiple warehouses around the US, while RO is likely swamped by a huge, short term spike of orders.

My order arrived exactly when RO said it would (today), so I have no complaints.

Goddamn order FINALLY shipped today with everything including the faceplate.

My beef with RO is same as everyone else's. The fact that I preordered mine and didn't get it before people who basically ordered it a day or two before release is complete bullshit. I shouldn't be less of a priority because of getting in on a deal and saving a few bucks on a code they put up. So that's why I bitch. That and the fact it's Wednesday and now it finally ships is complete shit.

[quote name='TravistyOJ']Well, my order still hasn't even shipped. Even for cheapass standards I'm not impressed. But I'm not bitching either. :lol:[/quote]
Actually I just got mine. Odd that it still is listed as being in the warehouse. Oh well.

[quote name='kanashimaru']You're right. My receiver is only outputting the center, and I noticed after I read this...No wonder I didn't like how it sounded...I just use a non-PLII sound for now..try a "hall" equalizer or something that echoes a little bit. I think it sounds nice. But yeah, DPLII is broken.

By the way, does anyone feel that the fret buttons are a bit different than the 360 Xplorer? My wii guitar buttons feel a little alot more stiffer..[/QUOTE]

It's pretty much the same on the 360's Les Paul. The main thing I've noticed is the buttons are less sensitive, i.e., you have to press (at least damn near) all the way down on the frets to get them to register. I've had more trouble adapting to this than the new timing window.

Still, I already love the Les Paul more than the X-plorer. All my buttons work fine. However, it still has the overly sensitive tilt sensor problem the X-plorer has.

I'd like to think that if they can include a whammy bar calibration option, they could do the same for the tilt sensor...

Hate to sound dumb or anything, but is this the kind of shipping where you or someone has to sign the paper to show that the package was delivered?

[quote name='1SwtDeception']Hate to sound dumb or anything, but is this the kind of shipping where you or someone has to sign the paper to show that the package was delivered?[/QUOTE]

Nope. I diddn't have to sign a paper or anything and it was delivered fine.

[quote name='1SwtDeception']Hate to sound dumb or anything, but is this the kind of shipping where you or someone has to sign the paper to show that the package was delivered?[/QUOTE]

It depends on your driver. If they have somewhere to hide it, they'll generally leave it.

Well, I just got my PS3 Elite package. Faceplate is missing. On the website it states shipped. But on my packaging slip it states backordered. Off to send them an email...

I got my redoctane PS3 bundle order on Tuesday, but...the guitar won't sync. I guess I'll have to see how this whole RMA process works now. :(

[quote name='Se7en69']Well, I just got my PS3 Elite package. Faceplate is missing. On the website it states shipped. But on my packaging slip it states backordered. Off to send them an email...[/quote]

Same thing here, although I got the Xbox 360 Elite package. Since the packing slip already says that the faceplate is backordered, do we still need to send an e-mail to RedOctane?

[quote name='Rocko']Tracking shows mine is on time for delivery tomorrow. Woohoo![/quote] Same here and I ordered mine last friday. I just hope everything is ok with this order. I have read about alot of horror stories this whole week.

[quote name='shinro']Same thing here, although I got the Xbox 360 Elite package. Since the packing slip already says that the faceplate is backordered, do we still need to send an e-mail to RedOctane?[/quote]

I did just in case. Because you just never know!

[quote name='gunm']I got my redoctane PS3 bundle order on Tuesday, but...the guitar won't sync. I guess I'll have to see how this whole RMA process works now. :([/quote]

I thought I was going through the same exact thing. But then I realized I did not push the button on the dongle. It is behind the red light. Did you do this on the USB dongle and still not work?

I basically put the dongle in and only pressed the PS button on the guitar. I felt so dumb afterwards... This went on for like 30 minutes. lol. In fact, I am only saying this in case people out there realize their mistake. But then again, maybe you just got a faulty guitar.

[quote name='Rocko']Got mine today. Wii. No faceplate. I emailed them.[/quote]Awesome, so even when they explicitly add a Wii faceplate in the order, and say it shipped, it still got backordered/missed?

Looks like mine was delivered at 2:45, I'll expect the same.

Wondering if this was the old Bait and Switch ad just to get us to buy from them??????????????????? Where ARE the Faceplates??????????????

Anyone else having problems with the order tracking of the faceplate? It used to show "In Warehouse" but now its just blank, like the page won't fully load. It did this to me yesterday too.

No faceplate as promised. But on the bright side, gig bag, keychain and shirt are nice. Probably going to stick with the leather strap I got from Best Buy since it matches the white faceplate better. We'll see which goes with the alt faceplate better once I get it in my hands.

So I finally recieved my order yesterday, but the wammy bar is a little bit loose and won't stay where you leave it. Does anyone know if this is something I can fix quickly myself by simply opening the guitar up and just tightening a nut, or do I have to deal with the red octane customer service now and get a new guitar? I got the Wii bundle and no faceplate like most of us. :bomb:

Hey guys, don't have time to read the whole thread, how was the free ground shipping from these guys? With Family Video and Deep Discount not having it in stock anymore, I figured RO was the best place to buy it from as it comes with a few extras for the same price and has no tax charges (I think) like Circuit City or Best Buy would.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']Hey guys, don't have time to read the whole thread, how was the free ground shipping from these guys? With Family Video and Deep Discount not having it in stock anymore, I figured RO was the best place to buy it from as it comes with a few extras for the same price and has no tax charges (I think) like Circuit City or Best Buy would.[/QUOTE]
RO ships out of Colorado, so depending on how far you are from there, that'll dictate how long the UPS Ground is. As for their order fulfillment, hard to say since I think most of us bought it through RO as pre-orders.

Hey just ordered it from RedOctane was wondering how long it took some of you to get the game with ground shipping after it shipped. RedOctane seem to be the only company in stock with this and 99.99 free ship and the guitar bag, key chain and extra strap seemed like the best and only deal around right now.

I ordered my GH3 360 bundle on Monday morning and they shipped it out today. I doubt it gets to me in 3 business days as I'm all the way in Connecticut, but that would be AMAZING. Any idea if it's worth trying to sell the gig bag on ebay or whatever?

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']I ordered my GH3 360 bundle on Monday morning and they shipped it out today. I doubt it gets to me in 3 business days as I'm all the way in Connecticut, but that would be AMAZING. Any idea if it's worth trying to sell the gig bag on ebay or whatever?[/quote] Well I am in Ny I ordered before 9am today and didn't ship, but it says freeground shipping shipped, but no idea what that means so I am wondering if anyone else had this happen. And explain if maybe it actually did ship today just not updated with tracking # yet or they're just retarted.

LineCodeDescriptionQuantityStatusTrack1GH3XBOX360BGuitar Hero™ III 1-P Bundle (Game+Guitar)-Xbox 360[FONT=Lucida Sans, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]
Info: .x = 59 .y = 8
[/SIZE][/FONT]1warehouse
11/6/2007 3:00:00 PM
not available3GHKEYCHAIN Guitar Hero Key Chain
(Bundled with GH3XBOX360B)
1warehouse
not available4GHSTRAP-RH Guitar Hero 2" Wide Red Hands Strap
1warehouse
not available5PSLGH2-BAG Guitar Hero Dual Guitar Gig Bag
1warehouse
not available2freegroundFREE GROUND SHIPPING1shipped
11/6/2007 3:01:00 PM
not available

[quote name='Bazz']Well I am in Ny I ordered before 9am today and didn't ship, but it says freeground shipping shipped, but no idea what that means so I am wondering if anyone else had this happen. And explain if maybe it actually did ship today just not updated with tracking # yet or they're just retarted.

LineCodeDescriptionQuantityStatusTrack1GH3XBOX360BGuitar Hero™ III 1-P Bundle (Game+Guitar)-Xbox 360[FONT=Lucida Sans, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]
Info: .x = 59 .y = 8
[/SIZE][/FONT]1warehouse
not available3GHKEYCHAIN Guitar Hero Key Chain
1warehouse
not available4GHSTRAP-RH Guitar Hero 2" Wide Red Hands Strap
1warehouse
not available5PSLGH2-BAG Guitar Hero Dual Guitar Gig Bag
1warehouse
not available2freegroundFREE GROUND SHIPPING1shipped
11/6/2007 3:01:00 PM
not available[/quote]No that hasn't shipped yet. Our pre-orders showed the same thing a week and a half prior to shipping. It's probably just the system confirming the shipping type.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']My UPS tracking information is the same as when they first sent it. Is that bad?

>_>[/QUOTE]

No, it means you're in CT which is across the country from CO. Chill out a bit. ;)

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']Well it shipped Tuesday morning. Does it only update once, on arrival?[/QUOTE]

It updates when it enters or leaves their facilities, but it's a long drive from their facility in CO to their facility in CT or NJ or whatever.

What use would it be to scan everything and update with "Yep, still on the truck!" :p

Okay, but what if it just says:

Billing information has been sent to UPS. Check site later for updated shipment status or contact shipper for more details.

Type: Package

still...

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']Okay, but what if it just says:

Billing information has been sent to UPS. Check site later for updated shipment status or contact shipper for more details.

Type: Package

still...[/quote]That usually means it hasn't left their warehouse yet. Mine has been in transit to the NJ facility for 2 days now boy is it slow. It looks like it wont going to be here until next week :(.

bread's done
Back