Guitar Hero: Metallica - Full Track List - Demo Now On XBLM!

So does the pedal that came with a preorder at GS/EB work with the RB1 drums. Does anyone have a link as to what pedal it was exactly?

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']So does the pedal that came with a preorder at GS/EB work with the RB1 drums. Does anyone have a link as to what pedal it was exactly?[/QUOTE]

No it doesn't I have the RB1 kit and tested it on Monday.
It does not work with the splitter or by itself.

Its just a Guitar Hero WT pedal with a seperate splitter attachment that lets you plug in both pedals at once.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']So does the pedal that came with a preorder at GS/EB work with the RB1 drums. Does anyone have a link as to what pedal it was exactly?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the RB & GH drum sets have different size inputs making them incompatible.

[quote name='flybrione']No it doesn't I have the RB1 kit and tested it on Monday.
It does not work with the splitter or by itself.

Its just a Guitar Hero WT pedal with a seperate splitter attachment that lets you plug in both pedals at once.[/quote]

Thanks for the update. I'm guessing it wouldn't work with the RB2 drums either then. :cry:

Oh well, I can't play over Medium on drums anyways, so I'm guessing it won't impact me too much.

[quote name='Corvin']I'm pretty sure the RB & GH drum sets have different size inputs making them incompatible.[/QUOTE]

Actually the imputs are the same for both but for some reason the GH WT pedal does not registor with the RB kits.

[quote name='Richlough']Any word if there is a "Sad But True" 0 point achievement for failing a song ?[/quote]

That's a negatory, good buddy. Good idea, though. Cure comes pretty close..

You recovered from a poor performance in Quickplay or Career
5 pts

I've really enjoyed this game but that's completely dependent on the track list. I love RB and I can't help but compare between GH and RB. I miss the atmosphere and format of RB. I thought anything I disliked about the GH "platform"(for lack of a better word) would have more easily been ignored considering the tracklist but that just didn't happen for me. I love the songs on here but it won't be long til this is sitting on my game rack and RB will be back in the drive.

I really liked seeing King Diamond and Lemmy in the game, and inclusion of Samhain (Glen Danzig era) song and Slayer the Gods of American Metal ...I am not really a fan of post "...And Justice for All" Metallica but I am glad they seem to pay homage to some of the Greats... And this is the first Guitar Hero's / Rock Band type games I have bought...just because it was almost 100% Metal music

I would have loved to have one of the Great Female Metal Leads Doro Pesch...maybe doing the "born to raise hell" duet with Lemmy

"Who'd win in a wrestling match, Lemmy or God?".......................

trick question Lemmy is God

LOL From the movie Airheads

Like the game. Not a real big fan of Metallica after the black album though. Would have been nice to include some MegaDeth in order to give Dave Mustaine some kudos. Really wish they included Whiskey in a Jar, Four Horsemen, & Ride the Lightning.

Can't wait for The Beatles Rock Band to come out next.

[quote name='Chuplayer']This game rules so hard Turn The Page cramped the side of my hand like a motherfucker.[/quote]

yeah that was the first song i tried that had those holds (i guess WT has them) it was a bitch....but after a few hours of playing, it becomes easier and more fun.

I got Dyers Eve down pretty good, almost 5* after 3-4attempts...fight fire with fire on the other hand is painful. strumming is a bitch for that song.

I'm scared to sing Evil by Mercyful Fate. Hearing all those random high notes by King Diamond intimidate the shit out of me...

Picked up the game yesterday and have really enjoyed it so far. Forgot how much I liked their music. Still can't believe they didn't include any Misfits tracks though.

[quote name='naiku']yeah that was the first song i tried that had those holds (i guess WT has them) it was a bitch....but after a few hours of playing, it becomes easier and more fun.

I got Dyers Eve down pretty good, almost 5* after 3-4attempts...fight fire with fire on the other hand is painful. strumming is a bitch for that song.[/quote]

Fight Fire with Fire hurts, I cant believe it got full combo'd so fast.

^
yeah JLC & PhenomMan are both nuts in the game. Atm I am working on just passing the songs (only have a couple left one of which is FFwF) then going for all 5stars.

Dont think im gonna play GH:M as hardcore as I did gh3 where I going for goldstars everyother day w/ as close as I could get to optimal sp. Too many game I need to play atm. The solo's alone in this game make it worth it imo, not all of them are crazy but difficult enough and a lot of fun.

@Xev You get the creeping death achieve yet - 575k ? If so how many runs did it take approx ? I only played it once and my sightread was 350ish.. lol horrible i know. Add Creeping Death to the songs I need to learn how to strum x.X;

Creeping death achievement is going to be very difficult to get. My best is 510k at 98%, so you're going to need a near FC to get it.

dumd question here I have a rock band set of drums no symbols how does one activate star power with this set? I am loving this game but just missing this one part

The version of Am I Evil? in here stinks. And I don't mean because it's the Diamond Head version, I mean because it's a crappy Diamond Head version. Sounds like a rerecord to me. The vocals are definitely redone.

Failed my first song on hard. Disposable Heroes. That goddamn "Why..am I dying..." part caught me off guard. I think I'm going to hit the wall with Fight Fire With Fire, which will be really annoying since it's the last song aside from the gimme at the end.

I'm debating on whether or not to buy the Death Magnetic DLC. It would only cost around 18 cents or so after I got a couple 20 cent MS points cards from amazon, but I'm finding it tough to pull the trigger.

This game is soooo god damn awesome, really speaks to me why Neversoft is better than Harmonix at this, post GH3. They don't cheaply cash in like Harmonix and actually make intelligent charts unlike Harmonix' ridiculous and fake hammer on chords.

I wish they'd break up Death Magnetic because I really want The Day that Never Comes, but I can't even afford a month of XBL haha.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']They don't cheaply cash in like Harmonix [/quote]

lego_rock_band_slide_01.jpg

:lol:

------

So I caved and bought the Death Magnetic album. I'm glad I did, as those songs are just as fun as the ones on the disc. "Unforgiven III" is especially fun to play.

Yeah that slide is missing the million expansion packs Rock Band 2 got, like Track Pack 1,2,3,4, ACDC, Classic Rock and the others, which puts them up there with Neversoft. Plus atleast every game Neversoft makes is unique, unlike Harmonix' bs.

They made the track packs for the people who aren't playing online, I dont get how you hate Harmonix so much when there's a shit ton of Guitar Hero games out too. It's possible to like both, but stop spouting stupid bullshit.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Yeah that slide is missing the million expansion packs Rock Band 2 got, like Track Pack 1,2,3,4, ACDC, Classic Rock and the others, which puts them up there with Neversoft. Plus atleast every game Neversoft makes is unique, unlike Harmonix' bs.[/QUOTE]

ahahaha, is this serious?

i think the games just have different audiences. rb seems more casual and gh likes to spam as many notes as possible on screen. its arguable which is more fun. i enjoy the challenge of gh.

slayer & fight fire w/ fire are left to pass....i just cant get the chorus strumming for FFwF down. Hella annoying. about 4-6 left to 5* (expert guitar)

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Yeah that slide is missing the million expansion packs Rock Band 2 got, like Track Pack 1,2,3,4, ACDC, Classic Rock and the others, which puts them up there with Neversoft. Plus atleast every game Neversoft makes is unique, unlike Harmonix' bs.[/quote]
You're an idiot.

No i'm not. I'd like to see you fucktards justify ACDC then, atleast compared to GH:M or GH:A. And who cares what the track packs are for; they're overpriced and a way for Harmonix to get a quick money fix. Neversoft has never done something like this, and each game they release (notice i'm saying Neversoft, NOT GUITAR HERO) is atleast individual and unique, compared to the trash Harmonix shits out. (Neversofts GH games: GH3,World Tour, Aerosmith, Metallica. Harmonix RB games: RB1,RB2, RB TP1, RB TP2, RB TP3, RBTPCR, RB ACDC). Tell me which company is milking it.

And I used to be the biggest Harmonix fanboy ever, until they started sucking and screwing all their former fans over.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']No i'm not. I'd like to see you fucktards justify ACDC then, atleast compared to GH:M or GH:A. And who cares what the track packs are for; they're overpriced and a way for Harmonix to get a quick money fix. Neversoft has never done something like this, and each game they release (notice i'm saying Neversoft, NOT GUITAR HERO) is atleast individual and unique, compared to the trash Harmonix shits out. (Neversofts GH games: GH3,World Tour, Aerosmith, Metallica. Harmonix RB games: RB1,RB2, RB TP1, RB TP2, RB TP3, RBTPCR, RB ACDC). Tell me which company is milking it.

And I used to be the biggest Harmonix fanboy ever, until they started sucking and screwing all their former fans over.[/quote] ACDC was a new kind of project, and it didn't cost 60 dollars. Many people called it out as a bad deal. I still haven't picked it up. Harmonix releases the track packs for people who don't have access to the internet, and they're 20-30 dollars. GH is the exact same game with new songs every year. Nothing is unique. It only took Rock Band being out for one year for Neversoft to completely rethink things and copy RB's way of doing things. How they managed to completely fuck that up is beyond me.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']No i'm not.[/quote]
No, you still are.

And I'm not going to derail this thread anymore then it has, but I know you'll be ranting and bitching more about how Rock band somehow screwed you over, but you'll still be frequenting that thread and looking through it. So just drop it along with your fanboy'ism.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']No i'm not. I'd like to see you fucktards justify ACDC then, atleast compared to GH:M or GH:A. And who cares what the track packs are for; they're overpriced and a way for Harmonix to get a quick money fix. Neversoft has never done something like this, and each game they release (notice i'm saying Neversoft, NOT GUITAR HERO) is atleast individual and unique, compared to the trash Harmonix shits out. (Neversofts GH games: GH3,World Tour, Aerosmith, Metallica. Harmonix RB games: RB1,RB2, RB TP1, RB TP2, RB TP3, RBTPCR, RB ACDC). Tell me which company is milking it.

And I used to be the biggest Harmonix fanboy ever, until they started sucking and screwing all their former fans over.[/QUOTE]

...There is no "Rock Band Track Pack Volume 3". Classic Rock is the third.

As for the AC/DC Track Pack, that's AC/DC's fault. They don't like selling their songs individually (you can't find them on iTunes or Amazon), and they have an exclusive retailer deal with Walmart in the U.S.. Because of these two circumstances, the only way Harmonix could release additional AC/DC tracks is through a physical disc. I will agree that it was initially overpriced though (I think you can find it for $20-$30 now).

I think it's also worth mentioning that many Rock Band owners can enjoy the full experience without buying the 3 regular track packs, because they can download the same songs through DLC - and only the songs they want. With Guitar Hero, if someone doesn't like Metallica, but wants to play, say, Queen's "Stone Cold Crazy"... well, they're out of luck - unless they want to pay $60 for a bunch of tracks they don't like so they can get 1 they do.

With all that said, the rhythm game market is becoming a bit saturated overall. I still love playing the games, but I think it's getting a bit overwhelming for a lot of consumers. I think Harmonix was smart to focus on The Beatles: Rock Band this year, instead of trying to put out Rock Band 3 too. Hopefully Activision will get the idea and slow down on the disc releases and increase the DLC.

Well yeah, them copying RB was pretty lame, but it's not like they really had a choice, plus since they where getting bigger and better artists then Rock Band, i'm sure Neversoft wanted their fans to experience the full band gameplay.

IIRC, Harmonix started all this shit between Neversoft and Harmonix. They where being dick heads and wouldn't help Neversoft out with the art assets for GH3, because they wanted Neversoft to pay out the ying yang to get Harmonix' engine and stuff. That's about the time I realized Harmonix means nothing but money.

It's too bad we still can't release half of the bs Harmonix pulled in that manuever that people think Activision screwed them with. Harmonix is a terrible company in it's whole, post Karaoke Revolution Party. Just a bunch of greedy fuckhats whose only intention is to screw other developers.

No, you still are.

And I'm not going to derail this thread anymore then it has, but I know you'll be ranting and bitching more about how Rock band somehow screwed you over, but you'll still be frequenting that thread and looking through it. So just drop it along with your fanboy'ism.

Ok, so instead of having a rational argument you rather throw around insults then leave, because apparently you're too cool for the room. *rolls eyes* I'm sure you're a real treat to the ladies. See, I can throw around baseless personal insults too.

I think it's also worth mentioning that many Rock Band owners can enjoy the full experience without buying the 3 regular track packs, because they can download the same songs through DLC - and only the songs they want. With Guitar Hero, if someone doesn't like Metallica, but wants to play, say, Queen's "Stone Cold Crazy"... well, they're out of luck - unless they want to pay $60 for a bunch of tracks they don't like so they can get 1 they do.

That logic is so broken it's beyond repair. If someone wants to play "Psycho Killer" then they're out of luck using Rock Bands system, unless they want ot pay $60 for a bunch of tracks they don't like so they can get 1 they do. A bunch of you think GH:M and GH:A are nothing more than track packs when in actuality they're full fledged games with added content that more than make up the value (especially GH:M). Which unlike Harmonix who charges you $40 for 18 songs.

Nah, because I know you won't change your mind and you'll still make it sound like Harmonix killed your dog. So why does it matter? It won't be rational and it'll just be you ranting like a fanboy and then going to the Rock Band thread and posting something there too.

Oh and you're still an idiot.

Yep, still with the personal insults and not having a rational conversation and debate. I hope you enjoy the kool aid kid, just wait until Harmonix decides to pull the same thing on Rock Band that they did with Frequency/Amp, Karaoke Revolution, and Guitar Hero series. That doesn't surprise me though since your adolescent mind is so puny that you can't do anything else but throw around childish insults.

Funny how it's acceptable to shit up a GH thread with your BS, yet if someone says something negative about Rock Band in the Rock Band thread it's suddenly trolling. Oh and, I shit up the Rock Band thread? Really? My sole post? Oh and for the record, i'm not the one who got offended by someone insulting your obvious bias to Harmonix and they're habit of being just overall greedy. My main point was how Neversoft can chart circles around Harmonix, who can't chart their way out of a paper bag post Amplitude.

Go get your shinebox.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Yep, still with the personal insults and not having a rational conversation and debate. I hope you enjoy the kool aid kid, just wait until Harmonix decides to pull the same thing on Rock Band that they did with Frequency/Amp, Karaoke Revolution, and Guitar Hero series. That doesn't surprise me though since your adolescent mind is so puny that you can't do anything else but throw around childish insults.

Funny how it's acceptable to shit up a GH thread with your BS, yet if someone says something negative about Rock Band in the Rock Band thread it's suddenly trolling. Oh and, I shit up the Rock Band thread? Really? My sole post? Oh and for the record, i'm not the one who got offended by someone insulting your obvious bias to Harmonix and they're habit of being just overall greedy. My main point was how Neversoft can chart circles around Harmonix, who can't chart their way out of a paper bag post Amplitude.

Go get your shinebox.[/quote]

Rock Band DLC just cleared a billion in sales. It isn't going anywhere anytime soon. bardock has a valid point. You clearly have a vendetta against Harmonix and nothing anyone says will change that. P.S. GH overcharts the shit outta everything. See GH3.

Did Harmonix rape and kill your parents? That can be the only acceptable explanation for your crazy behavior towards them.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan'](Neversofts GH games: GH3,World Tour, Aerosmith, Metallica. Harmonix RB games: RB1,RB2, RB TP1, RB TP2, RB TP3, RBTPCR, RB ACDC). Tell me which company is milking it.[/QUOTE]

You conveniently forgot all of the portable titles. That adds one to the Harmonix list, and at least three to the Neversoft list.

I'd also take issue with calling the track packs overpriced (with the exception of AC/DC, which, again, is due to the band and NOT HARMONIX). The track packs are CHEAPER than the DLC.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']It's too bad we still can't release half of the bs Harmonix pulled in that manuever that people think Activision screwed them with. Harmonix is a terrible company in it's whole, post Karaoke Revolution Party. Just a bunch of greedy fuckhats whose only intention is to screw other developers. [/QUOTE]

Guitar Hero and Karaoke Revolution Party were released on the same day. "After Karaoke Revolution Party" means you're completely discounting Guitar Hero II, which is arguably the game that caused the series to really take off. We wouldn't even be HAVING this conversation if it wasn't for Harmonix.

It's been said a few times, but you're a fucking idiot.

Are you fucking retarded? Karaoke Revolution was out in 2003 while Guitar Hero was out in 2005. I think you're the fucking idiot. Harmonix abandoned those franchises when they got over saturated, which will happen to Rock Band. Also Neversoft didn't develop any of the portable titles. So no, they don't count.

Plus it seems the average reading level of someone on here is that of a second grader as when I said Neversoft never cheaply cashes in like Harmonix, and I never said Activision. Learn to read you fucking dolts.

Oh and btw Trakan, nothing post GH3 has been overcharted. Any real musician can tell you that Harmonix are the ones who constantly do the over charting and come up with ridiculous impossible things like hammering on and picking off chords while Neversoft add's things that real musicians do.

[quote name='KaneRobot']The version of Am I Evil? in here stinks. And I don't mean because it's the Diamond Head version, I mean because it's a crappy Diamond Head version. Sounds like a rerecord to me. The vocals are definitely redone.[/quote]

They couldn't find the original masters. Even if you don't like it as much a rerecord is way better than a live version.

No, no -- we did two songs, when Lars called me you know, when he invited us to be a part of it he suggested either “Evil” or “Curse of the Pharoahs.” Then we started looking for the masters. They were nowhere to be found. I was thinking, "Oh god, can’t be true. We’re going to miss out on such a great opportunity." So I talked to the other guys, and it turned out to be a re-recording by four out of five original members [...] Otherwise, it’s all the old guys that did that song the first time 25 years ago. We went in and re-recorded them and they sounded so much better. [laughs]

But they stay totally true to the original. The guitar solo by one guitarist, Michael Denna, I would say is 100 percent identical. Every bend, every harmony that he puts on a solo and stuff like that is identical. The other guitarist Hank Sherman, is 98 percent identical. Those two percent that aren’t identical is because there were so few notes back in the old solos, "gah, you can’t do those, we have to do it better." So we fixed those few things.

Otherwise, of course, it’s a more in-your-face sound than on the old album. It was interesting also for me to go in and do vocals and then go back and pick out some of these harmonies and say, "What was it that I did back then?" And then recreate that stuff.

So we did two songs and they picked “Evil” for the game, you know. But I guess that those songs, you’ll be able to get them on iTunes and Amazon.com and stuff like that. They’ll be made available by the record label.

http://www.destructoid.com/destructoid-interview-king-diamond-125658.phtml

bread's done
Back