Guitar Hero: World Tour game only $10-$20 sale @ Microcenter B&M

I ordered the 360 version online at about 7:30 am eastern time.

I received my shipping confirmation from Fedex at 3:00 pm eastern time.

I was worried that it would be cancelled but I lucked out.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Vlad - I'm trying. MC won't let my wife pick up my order but I'm trying to get her down there to pick up any extra copies. They must know about it now as the locator says there are only 3 left.[/quote]

Thanks man. Much appreciated.

got lucky and worst buy PM'd it...I could've asked for 110% but once the manager entered their userid/password I just wanted to pay and get out of there.

If anyone wants to pick me up a copy, I would happily trade them a brand-new sealed Fable 2 in exchange. Seems like a fair trade.

Got the last 2 (PS3) that i saw on the sheft at the Santa Clara, CA MC at 10 this morning. Not sure if they have more at the back or not.

[quote name='Archgarth']If anyone wants to pick me up a copy, I would happily trade them a brand-new sealed Fable 2 in exchange. Seems like a fair trade.[/quote]
What system? 360, I'm assuming?

I was able to PM this deal at Best Buy in Mayfield Heights, OH at ~11am this morning (for the PS2 version). I had already been to MC and could not find the PS2 version there. When Best Buy called, MC claimed they still had 2 left.

Great deal, OP!

Heard from a friend this morning. PMed at BestBuy (Irvine, CA). A cool lady and guy just checked the website (which says 2 in stock) and gave it to me. No call whatsoever.

Good luck hunting.

[quote name='deluxeg']What is so "godawful" about microcenter, they carry a lot more computer stuff than best buy and are cheaper too.[/QUOTE]

the last time I was there was during the release of Halo 2. I think they advertised it on sale the week it came out for 39.99 or so. So I showed up, i could see boxes and boxes behind the customer service counter. I was told they are only selling them to those who preordered it. I was pretty furious. They advertise it in the newspaper at a certain price, but when people show up to buy it they say you have to have it preordered to get it at that price? Just ridiculous.

I got home only to see a cancellation for my PS2 GHWT order. Add me to the request list, if any CAG is going down there anyway and feeling altruistic.

[quote name='Archgarth']If anyone wants to pick me up a copy, I would happily trade them a brand-new sealed Fable 2 in exchange. Seems like a fair trade.[/QUOTE]

Check your PMs :)

[quote name='One4Deuce']Hm.... there's one in Minneapolis (St. Louis Park) and I'll be in that area tomorrow, may have to check it out.[/quote]

That's the one I went to that ran out before the store even opened.
But the Manger was great (to get me the guiter bundle for 34.99).
But I wouldn't expect the same treatment. They actually had a pick ticket for me. But you can always call first.

Awesome. Thanks for the post op, I'm going to check if my BB will pricematch the ps3 version.

Success stories make me happy.

[quote name='goengland']Got the last 2 (PS3) that i saw on the sheft at the Santa Clara, CA MC at 10 this morning. Not sure if they have more at the back or not.[/QUOTE]

Did they even have any X360 versions?

To those pricematching, how much of the ad are you printing out?

I'm thinking of using the top banner, guitar hero section and the extra info on the bottom.

Guys, I'm in need of advice here. There are no MC's here in FL. So think it'll work if I print ad out then pricematch this at my BB?

I bought the last copy of the 360 version at the Cincy store. Clerk said they had plenty of the Wii version left, but I'm not sure about PS3 or PS2 (although I didn't see a display box for either of those two).

Best Buy Levittown NY
Price match WII for $19.99
Printed the 4 page link on first page
brought the paperwork and asked for prime match
after about 3 walks to the acting manager when i wouldnt leave the 3rd time they gave it to me. The kid at CS was so shocked it got it.

I successfully PM'd this at the Sears store in Livonia Mall. I printed out the entire ad, and took the whole thing in. I wanted the MicroCenter banner at the top, and the fine print at the bottom. I ran into a few snags. First off, there were way more customers in the electronics section then there were staff. There was a very nice guy who came out, while still on break to get the game for me. At first he said they couldn't match it, as it was an online ad, but I pointed out that we do have a "local" microcenter, which he verified. He called an on-duty employee to ring me up. Here's where the problems started. MicroCenter was not listed on the screen of price match vendors, so she called a manager. The manager took a look, and said that if the vendor wasn't listed, they couldn't match the price. I asked who I could contact, because I wasn't happy that they had signs all over the department that said "Find a lower price, and we'll beat it?" She called the manager in charge, and then called the local MicroCenter. This finally satisfied her, and she came over, and used the Local Competitor for the price match vendor. The computer automatically took of and extra 10%, which I was not going to press for. So, in the end, I got it for $15.99 + tax. It took me about an hour, and I stayed as calm, but stood my ground.

purchased this morning, and picked it up instore tonight in Sharonville.... clerk said they sold hundreds in that store alone today.

[quote name='david12795']Guys, I'm in need of advice here. There are no MC's here in FL. So think it'll work if I print ad out then pricematch this at my BB?[/quote]

According to http://www.bestbuy.com/olspage.jsp?...type=page&entryURLID=&contentId=1118843518460 Best Buy only matches online prices if the competitor has a local store that matches it's own online prices. Sears seems to have a similar policy, but it might be worth a try. The worst that can happen is that they'll say no.

[quote name='goud71493']There all sold out at the one in Michigan. Supposed to get some new copies Monday.[/quote]
It's interesting they're getting the games on Monday, because the sale ends this Sunday. :(

If anyone has an extra PS3 copy they are willing to sell I will gladly pay 30 dollars for it. PM please

[quote name='Wario64']Did they even have any X360 versions?[/QUOTE]

Nope none, got there and there were none. Even though online it said there was 5. And I even tried to order it online for instore so meh. No got for PM at Frys, BB, and Circuit City. :roll:

I was just going to grab an ad for a pm at BB, but their ad doesn't show GHWT as a sale item. Luckily found a copy behind a couple of other games, don't think it was hidden just badly organized, earlier today around 11am. Seemed to be the last copy because as soon as I found it a couple of others starting checking behind all the other games frantically, hoping to find one.

This was at the MC in Santa Ana.

[quote name='Wario64']i price matched this at walmart in san jose, monterey road. i had to fight for it to show them that it was an INSTORE price. so if you're in the area, they are giving the go ahead to price match microcenter. they have plenty of copies. print the ad just in case but a Tanya there said to go ahead with all microcenter GHWT price matches.

if they say otherwise, talk to a store manager and say that a friend got it price matched no problem.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice! I'll try tomorrow morning.

I must have been one of the last able to order the 360 version online.
My order went through at 05:30 am EST 1/9, and it hasn't been cancelled as of 00:30 1/10 so I think I'm good.

At the Houston store, the sales at the game section was telling everyone it sold out within 2 hours of store opening, but after roaming the store for about 30min, I found a copy stashed behind some dvds. From the website, it said there were 3 copies left in stock around 3pm.

[quote name='goud71493']There all sold out at the one in Michigan. Supposed to get some new copies Monday.[/quote]

Of course the sale ends tomorrow :) I was there today as well. I did have luck (see above) getting Sears to PM w/ a printout of the email/flyer.

[quote name='Nebenator']Argh... my old GH3 guitar broke. Any good prince on a new one?[/quote]

Meijer currently has the Guiter Hero Aerosmith bundle on sale for $29.99, IIRC.

When I called at opening yesterday, and I asked the guy to put one on hold for me (he said they have 12 in stock), his initial response was "Well, we have 12, I don't really think they'll be flying off the shelves". I had to laugh at that.

[quote name='xeex']The deals seem to be live on the website, if you can handle $6 shipping. In-store pickup also available:

PS3
Wii
PS2[/quote]

Oops...
Sorry, this product is not available for online purchase.

fuck. The nearest one is 2 hours away.

[quote name='sunnysky']I'll try to make this short.
I called the minute the store opened. they said they had 12, and they held one for me.
I went in at noon, and not only did they not have any for any console, but they also didn't have one for me. And the video game department guy said they were sold out before the store opened.
SO, I talked to the manager. He asked if there is anything else that I might want that is similar.
I told him that the game alone is normally $60 and the game With guitar sells at times for $75. So can I have that for $35?
Without any hesitation, "no problem" was his answer.
So I got the guitar bundle for $34.99.[/quote]:applause:

[quote name='GamerChris']the last time I was there was during the release of Halo 2. I think they advertised it on sale the week it came out for 39.99 or so. So I showed up, i could see boxes and boxes behind the customer service counter. I was told they are only selling them to those who preordered it. I was pretty furious. They advertise it in the newspaper at a certain price, but when people show up to buy it they say you have to have it preordered to get it at that price? Just ridiculous.[/quote]

[quote name='Foo228']To those pricematching, how much of the ad are you printing out?

I'm thinking of using the top banner, guitar hero section and the extra info on the bottom.[/quote]dude if it gets you in on the deal. I'd just print out the whole bloody thing. You don't want to get there and they reject you because they think you photoshopped it or something lame like that.

[quote name='Wolfkin']:applause:

dude if it gets you in on the deal. I'd just print out the whole bloody thing. You don't want to get there and they reject you because they think you photoshopped it or something lame like that.[/quote]

Alright. :)

[quote name='mightyjoe']At the Houston store, the sales at the game section was telling everyone it sold out within 2 hours of store opening, but after roaming the store for about 30min, I found a copy stashed behind some dvds. From the website, it said there were 3 copies left in stock around 3pm.[/QUOTE]

Well, that saves me a trip. I'll print the ad out before I leave work and go hit Sears next door for a PM. If they won't do it, then Wal-Mart is on the way home. If they won't do it, then I'll just go home cause it's not that big of a deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
They didn't seem to have them at the Microcenter in Maryland (Rockville).
Was there and hour ago and nothing, at least not for the Wii, PS3 or 360. And I asked and they didn't know anything.

i think all the stores that sold out before they opened were probably due to people ordering online and doing in-store pickup.....not to mention, these stores probably had 3 or 4 copies to begin with.

So I struck out at trying to price match.

My first stop was at Sears. I could tell from the beginning that they didn't want to do the price match. The guy I asked to do it freaked out when he saw the price drop. The other guy walking with him saw the ad and started spouting this bull shit about how what Microcenter was doing was illegal because MicroSoft regulates prices and MC didn't go through MS to do the sale. The first one starts telling me they couldn't match cause the ad was a print out. I explained that it was only sent out by email and there wasn't a print ad. A third guy walked up and the first one asked if they could do the match. The third one said "no problem" and walked off. The second guy walks off and the first one rang up the game. All of a sudden he takes a step back and just stands there. Another employee walks up and they talk a moment. I looked at the screen and the game rang up 15.99. I asked if Sears was selling the game cheaper and the employee explains that they match plau 10% off. Right there the mood dropped and I knew there was going to be a problem. He says he had to check something and walks off with the other employee. He comes back and says since it says limited quanties he has to talk to a manager. Once he gets the managers approval, he says he has to call to check availability. Of course MC was sold out and I get the denial.

My next stop was Fry's. The employee was really cool about it and tells me he has to talk to a supervisor and everything should be fine. We walked to a booth and he calls MC. Same thing happened. If he would have told me that he was gonna call MC, I would have saved him the wasted call.

Last stop was Wal-Mart. The guy says he has to talk to a manager and grabs a passing supervisor. Of course I have to waste my time explaining the as since Wal-Mart has this idiotic Nazi rule about printed ads. She says she has to check and makes this half-ass call to one of her higher ups, making a comment about the ad being from a internet site. I didn't bother arguing and just left.

Sears and Wal-Mart really acted like they didn't want to do the match. Both were surprised about the amount of the drop and made it obvious that I would have to fight for it. I didn't want to fight. The game will be cheap again sooner or later. It's just sad that all these companies bitch about how bad they are doing with the economy and when someone wants to buy from them, they blow them off. Oh well. Someone will want my money.

bread's done
Back