Half.com Instant Sale (Trade In Program)

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Sent in Amazon trade-ins about 6 days ago, already been received and paid for them.

Still waiting to be paid here after a couple of weeks.

Ugh. This is annoying.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we all know how you feel.

Well there's always got to be some trade offs, slower and unpredictable for going with Half, but you get cash. As opposed to Amazon, where it's faster and smoother, but only Amazon credit.

[quote name='Geco17']Yeah, we all know how you feel.

Well there's always got to be some trade offs, slower and unpredictable for going with Half, but you get cash. As opposed to Amazon, where it's faster and smoother, but only Amazon credit.[/QUOTE]

Anyway you slice it, unpredictable and incredibly slow turnarounds is NOT a good trade off.

A good trade off would be having to pay for our own shipping.

Not as good as a report of payment, but a small plus in their favor. Got back my sealed incorrect BB version of R&C:A41 today. They did unwrap it and put a sticker on the back of the case, but otherwise still pristine. Protected pretty well with bubble wrap too.

Just got notified that one of my copies of the Black Eyed Peas was being sent back to me. I have to admit that I didn't check the UPC before sending it in as I wasn't aware of there being more than one UPC. Also, I bought two copies from the same Best Buy and one was accepted and the other rejected which I find odd.

1 out of 4 is showing received for me now. Sent those first two together so it should be showing the other any time now.

Also just noticed that I don't get the option to sell to half when i click on sell my copy. The link in the OP still works.

The instant sale option is not available for all games/items.

Got a "received" email this morning for a set of games that showed received on the site like 5 days ago lol.

Recap:
4 orders sent the 7th, all sent with tracking. Tracking never updated to delivered.

Box 1 & 2 paid out after 2 weeks or so. Box 3 & 4 lapsed. Box 3 showed received about 5 days ago, box 4 the day after. Box 4 reverted back to pending audit, and as of today shows processing. Box 3 still shows received, but lapsed.

Just playing the waiting game. "Sell it instantly. Get paid quickly." They sure are promoting this wrong :D

[quote name='Clak']Well even on games which the OP link works, won't work when I click "sell my copy".[/QUOTE]

Maybe it doesn't work on the game you're trying to sell? I just searched for Phelps, pulled up the game and was able to get the Half instant sale when I did "Sell My Copy." What game is it? If you don't mind me asking

Rayman Origins PS3 was one, but which i re-checked just now it's working through the "sell my copy" link, weird.

interesting development... i just noticed that on the "My Instant Sale" page where it shows the game they rejected one of the copies of The Black Eyed Peas Experience as being the wrong version they actually posted an image of the UPC as proof. When I lookup that UPC online it lists the version as the Limited Edition version, so I guess I just didn't notice when I was packing it up to ship out.

Aside from checking my paypal account, how do I know when they've paid? Does it say so on the instant sale area of your account?

Yea, it will show where pending audit or processing is. It will switch to payment pending, or something like that. Mine showed up in my paypal account before it switched tho.

I just got another email saying box 3 was received. Makes the 3rd or 4th email saying so, but still shows lapsed for each item online.

Their system is so screwy it's almost comical.

OK... now I'm pissed. Just got a rejection message: "The case is missing or severely damaged or heavily marked." Bullshit. I sent it in practically new condition. When I finally get it back so I can verify they butchered it, CS will be hearing from me.

Still waiting for acknowledgement of another game I sent two weeks ago.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']OK... now I'm pissed. Just got a rejection message: "The case is missing or severely damaged or heavily marked." Bullshit. I sent it in practically new condition. When I finally get it back so I can verify they butchered it, CS will be hearing from me.

Still waiting for acknowledgement of another game I sent two weeks ago.[/QUOTE]
I just checked an I got a rejection on :360:Rage for "Reason: The game booklet shows slight to moderate signs of wear." Don't know how that happened since I sent the game in brand new and sealed.
[quote name='Clak']I took pics of my stuff before sending it in just in case they pulled that.[/QUOTE]
I always take photos, but contacting them (eBay/Half that is, as Elovations is ghost) when they rejected my :360:Warhammer was a waste of time. They said they stick by Elovations decision and suggested selling on Half or eBay. :roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Clak']I took pics of my stuff before sending it in just in case they pulled that.[/QUOTE]

I wish I had the forethought of doing this; it's even a habit I got into with trading online. Unfortunately, I forgot this time.

I'll admit that damage during shipment is a possibility, but over 300 mailings and I've yet to have any sort of issue. I'll just have to wait and see what kind of "damage" they're talking about if I'm to believe it's the USPS' fault and not this Elovations company.

Yeah I wrapped mine up pretty well, besides using a bubble envelope. If mine get damaged in the mail ti's by no fault of mine.

Sent three packages on the 13th, today it was finally updated that they received one. Since its been three weeks since I placed the order for the games I hope the other two are processed soon. I don't mind waiting a month for my payment, I just hope I get paid and they don't screw me over.
Next time I will def send them priority mail with tracking. At least I will have proof that I sent the items. As it stands now they could just claim I only sent one game. :cry:

sent in my game August 20th..media mail shipping label, which I thought media mail is only for books and cds.. any way its August 29th pass my deadline and I have not heard a word from them... Anyway to contact them? Thanks..

[quote name='vince726']sent in my game August 20th..media mail shipping label, which I thought media mail is only for books and cds.. any way its August 29th pass my deadline and I have not heard a word from them... Anyway to contact them? Thanks..[/QUOTE]You could email them but there is no point in doing so. It may be up to 3-4 weeks before you will get paid (assuming you do get paid)

[quote name='the Gooseler']Sent three packages on the 13th, today it was finally updated that they received one. Since its been three weeks since I placed the order for the games I hope the other two are processed soon. I don't mind waiting a month for my payment, I just hope I get paid and they don't screw me over.
Next time I will def send them priority mail with tracking. At least I will have proof that I sent the items. As it stands now they could just claim I only sent one game. :cry:[/QUOTE]
No need for priority, you can just add delivery confirmation to media mail.

IF the USPS bothers to scan the d/c on media mail. All 4 of my orders went out the 7th with d/c on media mail. All 4 still say departed somewhere in Ohio. Half has had them for 2 weeks now.

I would think the drivers are more inclined to scan priority, because they ALL have to be scanned. They probably don't get many media mail with d/c, so less likely to look for it.

Here's my story:

2 packages sent out one on the 17th one on the 20th:

Phelps - Xbox
Rayman - Wii
Medival Moves - PS3
NCAA 12 - PS3

Both packages received yesterday. Status as of this post:

Phelps - Pending
Rayman - Pending
Medival Moves - Processing for $18.50
NCAA 12 - Paid $24.17

Satisfied so far, but I'll hold off on sending more until the others go through.

One of my items says :
"Processing
Reason:The game booklet shows slight to moderate signs of wear."
I never took the booklet(if you can even call it that) out of the case.

Does that mean its being returned or just a note?

[quote name='Pookymeister']One of my items says :
"Processing
Reason:The game booklet shows slight to moderate signs of wear."
I never took the booklet(if you can even call it that) out of the case.

Does that mean its being returned or just a note?[/QUOTE]

Just a note. If you request payment as like new they'd downgrade the game to very good. As long as you selected VG you're fine.

Has anyone tried to send in a disc only game lately? I keep getting disney universe returned as an "unauthorized copy".

[quote name='godsmack13']IF the USPS bothers to scan the d/c on media mail. All 4 of my orders went out the 7th with d/c on media mail. All 4 still say departed somewhere in Ohio. Half has had them for 2 weeks now.

I would think the drivers are more inclined to scan priority, because they ALL have to be scanned. They probably don't get many media mail with d/c, so less likely to look for it.[/QUOTE]
That's true, I don't think all of mine got scanned either. They always let me add it though, I cant' believe anyone could miss that big green sticker.

My order that was 1st received on 8/7 got another email that my order was received again. That was the 3rd time I received the same email. I think the database automatically refreshes for items that lapse and orders received that are unpaid get included in that periodic update.

I emailed CS over a week ago asking whether the PS3 Rayman I included was holding up payment and they responded yesterday that my order was submitted for payment yesterday and that I should see it within 3 days.

It's weird how this is going. I sent in 2 360 Raymans and 2 Wii versions. 1 of each is marked as received, but they were shipped different days, doubt they got there together, where as the 2 wii versions were sent the same day and only 1 is marked received.

[quote name='Clak']It's weird how this is going. I sent in 2 360 Raymans and 2 Wii versions. 1 of each is marked as received, but they were shipped different days, doubt they got there together, where as the 2 wii versions were sent the same day and only 1 is marked received.[/QUOTE] I want to add to this. I sent out two games on the same day, different envelopes and Half has only acknowledge receiving one of them. I am happy thAT at least one game has now marked received; so we'll what happens. Unlike last time, it took the package 17 days to get there.

edit: The 2nd game is marked receive (6hrs after the 1st being received). :) Looks like they getting them in today! Gl every1

Yeah, just got my confirmed received email notification for the second package I sent the following day from another package of a new game they rejected. If they reject this one (sent it in like new condition), then I'll know something's amiss.

So I didn't notice it earlier, but there is actually a linked image on my Instant Sale page for my recently rejected copy of Rayman Origins.

It's such a small resolution I can't really tell what the problem is (not a thumbnail):

$T2eC16VHJGQE9noM,KSRBQPSE8cd3g~~60_43.JPG

On saturday it will be a month that they have had my games and still no payment. It just says "processing". Is there a number or email I can contact these people. This is unacceptable. Send my games back or something.

[quote name='NLW1999']Just a note. If you request payment as like new they'd downgrade the game to very good. As long as you selected VG you're fine.
[/QUOTE]

Well, it wasn't just a note as its on its way back to me. Saw the small image attached to it, which is worthless since its so small - either way its a BS reason since it was new.

I have to asume that they have some very anal people checking these games. This is also why I opened all the games before I sent them out, just to make sure none had any manufacturing defects. Their standards are just way too high if a brand new game is getting rejected.

[quote name='Clak']I have to asume that they have some very anal people checking these games. This is also why I opened all the games before I sent them out, just to make sure none had any manufacturing defects. Their standards are just way too high if a brand new game is getting rejected.[/QUOTE]

I think some are and some aren't. All my VG games all got bumped up to LN in each of my 3 packages. I know one game had the clip broken off, where the manual goes, when I opened it and it still got bumped up.

Also what's the longest someone has gone without getting paid, but got a payout later on? Meaning it you got paid, but it took longer than 5 days.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Well, it wasn't just a note as its on its way back to me. Saw the small image attached to it, which is worthless since its so small - either way its a BS reason since it was new.[/QUOTE]

That is total BS. I've had 5 or 6 games notated like that but never had one sent back as very good condition. I'd just resend it in with the next shipment.

[quote name='mabuhay13']Has anyone been Paypal'd for Phelps yet??[/QUOTE]
Yes, 3 for 3 so far. All have been bumped from VG to LN :bouncy:

I've got an order that was marked received on 8/17 that the payment is still processing for. It's really starting to feel like I'm dealing with somebody's slimy Uncle Leon. I'm actually glad my BB.com order for the Michael Phelps game got cancelled. I think I'm about done with this "service". I don't know how Half.com can endorse a company that legitimately acts like they don't want to pay you. They really need to recognize that we're not BEGGING them to buy these games. They're OFFERING to buy them. If the prices that they're offering to pay are too high, then get smarter and redo your system (though I said the same thing about BBV's trade in program years ago and look where they are now, lol).

bread's done
Back